Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'm level 91 with grease monkey 3 and I've got the same issue. When I'm in the mechanic's station all vehicles and mods are greyed out. Specifically, the words are greyed out but the head icon to the right of the words is white.

I got more info from him. The head doesn't even show up white for him. It's completely greyed out as if he doesn't have the skills at all. He can make parts and chassis, but has no way to put them together and creating the entire vehicles is impossible.

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

1) Hey Khaine, it looks like my vehicle issue might be different from VagabondClown's. With mechanic mastery and grease monkey 3 I can't make any vehicle in the mechanic station, not even a bicycle or minibike. When I have all the components to build a minibike in my inventory and go into the mechanic station the minibike is not greyed out -- it looks like it will let me build one, but on the right hand side of the screen where I would select the number of minibikes to build there is no button to actually do the building. I also can't build the bicycle or minibike at the workbench or advanced workbench. Since mechanic was my third class, followed by civilian, I'm wondering if there's some conflict between classes?

2) And I'm not sure how vehicle mods work, but I can't build any of those either in the mechanic station. They're greyed out.

On a separate note, I finally dipped my toe into the radiated zone for the first time today and I was afraid, very afraid! You... you... demon! End game has now taken on a whole new meaning for me. Well done.

Hey Khaine, just a heads-up on a small error in the Advanced Settings menu. Under "AI BLOCK DAMAGE" the 95 and 100% settings are combined, i.e. "95100%". I assume it's just a missing comma in the xml file but thought I'd point it out. Also, 25% is the default setting. Is this correct? Seems low. Loving this mod, man!

I actually fixed this a couple of weeks ago, pushed the fix and forgot to tell anyone.

Whoops. :D

He's been using the Mechanics Workstation, Grease Monkey is maxed. It recently started saying he can do the APC at some point after we logged back in after dinner (though he hasn't tried that one), but the motorcycle and 4x4 are greyed out and say he can't make them. It looks like it would if he didn't have the recipes unlocked.

We just fought a few zombies (spiders, cop, bloated, wight, etc) in the middle of the day and several of them were running. No footballers that I saw. Does the wight give a speed boost, too?

Thanks for any further insight you can give on the whole vehicle thing. It's so odd that it appears he has all the prerequisites and they still don't work. :/

I'm level 91 with grease monkey 3 and I've got the same issue. When I'm in the mechanic's station all vehicles and mods are greyed out. Specifically, the words are greyed out but the head icon to the right of the words is white.

I got more info from him. The head doesn't even show up white for him. It's completely greyed out as if he doesn't have the skills at all. He can make parts and chassis, but has no way to put them together and creating the entire vehicles is impossible.

Working fine for me.

7_Days_To_Die-02-02-27-24-09.jpg.d7f20352c05e9d99fed6aad6f2b7303a.jpg

7_Days_To_Die-02-02-39-24-09.jpg.e26dcf3d3c0641c27226f3d18704d63c.jpg

If you are using modlets to add more vehicles, don't. It breaks the progression and can cause this issue.

1) Hey Khaine, it looks like my vehicle issue might be different from VagabondClown's. With mechanic mastery and grease monkey 3 I can't make any vehicle in the mechanic station, not even a bicycle or minibike. When I have all the components to build a minibike in my inventory and go into the mechanic station the minibike is not greyed out -- it looks like it will let me build one, but on the right hand side of the screen where I would select the number of minibikes to build there is no button to actually do the building. I also can't build the bicycle or minibike at the workbench or advanced workbench. Since mechanic was my third class, followed by civilian, I'm wondering if there's some conflict between classes?

2) And I'm not sure how vehicle mods work, but I can't build any of those either in the mechanic station. They're greyed out.

On a separate note, I finally dipped my toe into the radiated zone for the first time today and I was afraid, very afraid! You... you... demon! End game has now taken on a whole new meaning for me. Well done.

The bicycle and minibike are made in a NORMAL workbench. That's so folks who find those two books aren't locked out of being able to make them. ;)

Mods should have been unlocked with grease monkey 3. They didn't unlock with ANYTHING. Just pushed an update to fix it.

The bicycle and minibike are made in a NORMAL workbench. That's so folks who find those two books aren't locked out of being able to make them. ;)

Mods should have been unlocked with grease monkey 3. They didn't unlock with ANYTHING. Just pushed an update to fix it.

Thanks for the insight. We'll have a look. The help is much appreciated!

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

There's a "Stack all"

That checks the container and moves any matching items into it.

So if you had say... plant fiber, stone and wood in your container (not full stacks), and then some of the same in your backpack, it would ONLY move those items into the container.

That's about the best I can do. If you mean check for individual items (like look for guns and move all guns), then HELL no. :D Getting those 3 buttons to work was hard enough!

Instead I'd just make use of the 3 you have to whittle down your backpack enough where you can just smack the "stash all" button.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

There's a "Stack all"

That checks the container and moves any matching items into it.

So if you had say... plant fiber, stone and wood in your container (not full stacks), and then some of the same in your backpack, it would ONLY move those items into the container.

That's about the best I can do. If you mean check for individual items (like look for guns and move all guns), then HELL no. :D Getting those 3 buttons to work was hard enough!

Instead I'd just make use of the 3 you have to whittle down your backpack enough where you can just smack the "stash all" button.

Just re-watched the video. The "Stash Matching Items" button on the right is perfect. Missed it before. Awesome - how do I get it?

Came across a node of Uranium today; looks like it needs to be combined with Plutonium. Where is Plutonium found?

I found a surface node of plutonium just inside the radiation zone. Up close it looks like a heap of forest ground. Khaine says it can also be found underground near the edge of the radiation zone, so if you didn't want to face the demons you could dig down just outside the radiation zone then dig into the zone (with your hazmat suit on, of course).

I just pushed it as an experimental build.

So if you use the mod launcher, look for DF Experimental. Usual caveats apply, may break saves (it SHOULDN'T, but it might), may summon cthulu, may cause your PC to become skynet, etc.

So make sure you have backups. :)

I don't use the launcher. Anyway to get it as a standalone download? Really appreciate all your hard work so if it's a pain don't sweat it - I'll just wait until the next stable release.

Also, a couple of the Trader Guards at the trader right on the border of burnt forest/forest biome (Navezgane) have fallen through the catwalk (not sure if it's because of zombies or them shooting up their own area as they seem to want to do). One's on the ground and one is on top of a vending machine (so I can't fix the catwalk because he's half way through). How do I move these guys so I can:

1. Fix the catwalk.

2. Put them back in their original positions.

Thanks, man!

Edited by scubahalo (see edit history)

Hello, i ve been playing the mod for lets say a few months but i cannot find where is the laser workbench supposed to be to be able to craft my own one. I ve read that it is in a bunker on the west land but im not able to find it, can anyone help me? Thank you!!

You're looking for an army camp in the wasteland. :)

I don't use the launcher. Anyway to get it as a standalone download? Really appreciate all your hard work so if it's a pain don't sweat it - I'll just wait until the next stable release.

Also, a couple of the Trader Guards at the trader right on the border of burnt forest/forest biome (Navezgane) have fallen through the catwalk (not sure if it's because of zombies or them shooting up their own area as they seem to want to do). One's on the ground and one is on top of a vending machine (so I can't fix the catwalk because he's half way through). How do I move these guys so I can:

1. Fix the catwalk.

2. Put them back in their original positions.

Thanks, man!

Non-launcher link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentalclient/-/archive/master/dfexperimentalclient-master.zip

It can be a little slow, just FYI. :)

Guards can actually be pushed around, so you'll probably have to get creative with ramps.

I cannot figure out how to make an Advnaced Forge. I have in a prior Navezgane (Blue fang hosted) , but this DFalls-Medium (Logicserver hosted) we cannot get certain things to work. Any idear what may be happening? Also, the health bars are in the wrong place this time around - do we have a bad install on the server maybe?

7d2d1.jpg.12611a6f4291f9fe161d2ce32431581c.jpg

7d2d2.jpg.8e9bcb6ac73542e5d2de954724be5d4f.jpg

Well you're using a custom UI other than mine, which is NOT a good idea because it could mess up the workstation UI.

Other than that, no. Advanced Forge requires you to NOT be a laborer and be player level 50.

If you took the laborer class after buying the perk, then it's disabled until you level up Hammer & Forge.

Non-launcher link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentalclient/-/archive/master/dfexperimentalclient-master.zip

It can be a little slow, just FYI. :)

Guards can actually be pushed around, so you'll probably have to get creative with ramps.

OK, so I installed the DF experimental build over my DF 2.30A installation and reinstalled HDHQ Overhaul including the Biome Packs. Fired up my last save game and I've been playing about 8 hours. So far no issues (kind of bummed that Cthulhu didn't show up, though :crushed:).

Pushing the guards up a ramp like you suggested worked well - if a bit tedious. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, the new stash buttons are great!

Edited by scubahalo (see edit history)

The Laser Workbench says it requires the Laser Workbench to make ?!

Also - I am playing on a randomgen world. I've located a small bunker - what am I looking for in the large bunker in the wasteland. Is it another well?

It's like 4 small military tents and one big,there will be it's entrance under one of the small one.but be careful this lab is full of behemoths,also demon zombies portal.so take recog and much water with you.