Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

yes, except the part where you ran straight out of burnt before gathering wood and stones in your safe zone

So just sit around and punch tree's then?

Because I did grab plant fiber, stone and sticks (since apparently shrubs give sticks rather than wood)

So just sit around and punch tree's then?

Because I did grab plant fiber, stone and sticks (since apparently shrubs give sticks rather than wood)

you can do the same scrap on sticks back into wood that you could on 2.2.. or punch a tree the old fashioned vanilla way for a minute in a zombie free area. 5 hours is default i think.

You get a starter axe once you craft and place a bedroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo... do exactly what I did which got me killed? :p

And that would be why I advise changing the bedroll BACK to needing plant fiber. At least then if a player has a bad spawn (even if it needs 40-odd), they can get the axe, start gathering wood and then run.

NOT happening like sinder mentioned ;) . As a modder you know there are things you are passionate about and for me that is ONE of them. Along with Sticks :D

Consider it lucky that I have a team to talk me off the ledge sometimes :) You DID bring up a good point about cotton in the burnt biome. It may have been just an oversight but we tried to ensure every area has SOME cotton and this may have been overlooked during test.

I apologize that the spawn seemed to have messed with you. I hope you give it another go. But I will definitely add some sparse cotton to burnt biome in the even people get that type of spawn.

Well, let me be the first to tell you, my wife is having her "." and I do NOT like them either lol. So I understand

:D I will NOT comment out of fear mine may read it!

tnx for the release jax

there is a direct link for download? i'm having problem with the launcher

Yep. Links to direct downloads are in the first post at the bottom. They include both folders you need for the Sp and MP versions. The 7DaystoDie_Data folder is for SP and the 7DaystoDie_ServerData folder is for the MP version

trees and crops take 10 times longer to grow? me and my friend were playing together and we planted trees at day 9 and days were 50 min and they finished growing on day 30 to stage 1(smallest trees)

Yes all crop and tree times have been increased. This MAY be adjusted a bit when we receive some feedback but we wanted to make grow times a bit more realistic.

I have a fresh and clean install from 7 days and copy the mod like the other version. By starting the game i getting this errormassage:

2018-03-27T09:52:26 226.571 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#chickenCoop?chickenCoopEmptyPrefab' not found on block with id 1994)

2018-03-27T09:52:26 226.572 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2018-03-27T09:52:26 226.574 ERR at BlockShapeModelEntity.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset:

2018-03-27T09:52:26 227.441 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'Livewell' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2018-03-27T09:52:26 227.442 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2018-03-27T09:52:26 227.443 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'ironSpikesRust' not found in block id 408

And the game would not loading.

This is an error related to GitHub desyncing last night. Do a full fresh install of the mod and it will clear it up.

This will not fix the problem. And btw i have test it with all 4 mod variants and get the same message erverytime. :upset:

Please refresh your Launcher and make sure you do a new clean install. It is possible this is residual from the GitHub desyncing last night. I and others have tried each version and so far it seems to be working. If that does not work, I'm certain sphereii will be able to help you further if he has not already.

Any way to auto update on bluefangsolutions?

Bluefang SHOULD have the latest version that is in the launcher. Are you having some trouble?

- - - Updated - - -

New first game. RG ("Woody"). Put 3 pts into blunt and bows (Lvl = 2). Crafted new bow and club. Both are 25. Should be 50? Repair repairs to 24.

All "starter" weapons like Wooden Bow, Wooden Club, Bone Shiv are considered a Primitive tool accessible to everyone. So points in Primitive tools controls that. Same goes for Stone Axe, Stone Pickaxe and Stone Shovel. We didn't want to lock people out of being able to craft the Basics.

NOT happening. Sorry but as a modder you know full well there are things you are passionate about and for me that is ONE of them.

Consider it lucky that I have a team to talk me off the ledge sometimes :) You DID bring up a good point about cotton in the burnt biome. It may have been just an oversight but we tried to ensure every area has SOME cotton and this may have been overlooked during test.

I apologize that the spawn seemed to have messed with you. I hope you give it another go. But I will definitely add some sparse cotton to burnt biome in the even people get that type of spawn.

Yes, I do know that, and that's EXACTLY why I said it.

Because that is not a good first-time experience, which is what should matter the most over what you actually want to put in. I've had to back down on quite a bit of stuff I want to put in because I know it'd be straight-up frustrating, even if it would be more realistic or make more sense.

:popcorn:

...going with jax on this one. If 1 person played a mod I made I'd be cool with it, because it would be me.

I've debated the marketability of mods and favored my enjoyment over others. Selfish? Yeh. But it's my work.

But I see Khaines point as well, it just comes down to /who/ the mod is for.

/back to the sidelines

Only had one very quick go of the new version... but...

Spawned in burnt biome. Can't complete first quest to make a bedroll... because burnt biome doesn't have any cotton. Run to snow biome because it's the closest, collect cotton, start getting murdered by lumberjack zombies while trying to craft cloth, finally craft cloth. Find somewhere to hide after punching a tree to get wood logs so I can actually make a stone axe. Get somehow found by zombies in my hole in the ground (despite being undetected), just after I place my bedroll... which GAVE me a stone axe upon completion of the first quest.

Get stuck in infinite death loop, because I can't kill lumberjacks with my stone axe and spawning outside just means more lumberjacks.

I would honestly recommend putting the bedroll BACK to needing plant fibers over cotton, because that was honestly hellish.

I just restarted the Game 3 times until I was close to Grass and trees .. Just a thought ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

And _ yes I know it isn't the best way to handle it .. But it works on the most part.

"All 'starter' weapons like Wooden Bow, Wooden Club, Bone Shiv are considered a Primitive tool accessible to everyone. So points in Primitive tools controls that. Same goes for Stone Axe, Stone Pickaxe and Stone Shovel. We didn't want to lock people out of being able to craft the Basics."

Apologies. Just found the primitive crafting perk. (Was going to delete my post - but you were too quick!) I promise to play for more hours before posting anything next time. So far, the mod seems/feels incredible. Seriously.

First thing, yay! :smile-new:

Saying that cause the rest are a few things that caught my attention, and unfortunately my attention has long been trained to spot errors, etc., so I -don't- want this to seem negative!

Opening dialogue box has "ready" when I think "read" was intended.

Skills:

Advanced Blunt Weapons: has 4 lvls but no text for lvl 4

Advanced Blade Weapons: 'Requirements' (Blade Weapons) goes, lvl 10, 20, 30, 60, 30

Personal opinion; even on nomad z's are still quite 'bullet spongy'. To the point where it's not very fun. The 150Q Wooden Club only lasted maybe 6-7 z's? Took Bows for starting Class so got the 300Q Crossbow. Even using that with the Iron Bolts was seeming to take 3+ headshots on regular z's.

Wish I had a great suggestion on how to keep it tough but reduce spongieness, but I don't.

Sorry if this comes across as negative; really looking forward to playing more later today, and thanks to all the folks who put in so much of their time and effort, it is appreciated!

First thing, yay! :smile-new:

Saying that cause the rest are a few things that caught my attention, and unfortunately my attention has long been trained to spot errors, etc., so I -don't- want this to seem negative!

Opening dialogue box has "ready" when I think "read" was intended.

Skills:

Advanced Blunt Weapons: has 4 lvls but no text for lvl 4

Advanced Blade Weapons: 'Requirements' (Blade Weapons) goes, lvl 10, 20, 30, 60, 30

Personal opinion; even on nomad z's are still quite 'bullet spongy'. To the point where it's not very fun. The 150Q Wooden Club only lasted maybe 6-7 z's? Took Bows for starting Class so got the 300Q Crossbow. Even using that with the Iron Bolts was seeming to take 3+ headshots on regular z's.

Wish I had a great suggestion on how to keep it tough but reduce spongieness, but I don't.

Sorry if this comes across as negative; really looking forward to playing more later today, and thanks to all the folks who put in so much of their time and effort, it is appreciated!

i have to agree that even on nomad difficulty zombies and to more extent boars and other animals are total arrow sponges ie a boar shouldnt need to take 20 arrows at the head to take down

Hello! I am a big fan of your work and especially of sons of anarchy haha. One question, can I continue a game of the old version? And if this is how it is done?

On first page of this thread, post #2 Jax wrote;

"Patch: 3.0 Wipe and Fresh Install Needed Required File Updates - EVERYTHING"

Hello! I am a big fan of your work and especially of sons of anarchy haha. One question, can I continue a game of the old version? And if this is how it is done?

it states on the first page that 3.0 requires a wipe/ fresh game but you can still play 2.2 as a separate game if you want to keep going with your old save game

Does electric spiked club depend on primitive weapons again or is it blunt weapons? I didnt like that it was based on primitive weapons because it takes the class out of the class, "blunt weapons".

Couldn't tell you. But can offer up that if you select/highlight an item when in your inventory, so it shows in the upper area it will detail what skill it's Quality is dependent on.

And if you don't have the item then the Creative Menu _may_ be your only way to tell for sure.

i have to agree that even on nomad difficulty zombies and to more extent boars and other animals are total arrow sponges ie a boar shouldnt need to take 20 arrows at the head to take down

I don't disagree. Maybe headshot damage could be upped a bit across the board?

The current game does set up a fun challenge for Average Joe on higher difficulty settings though. I'm actually using torches again for the DoT effect to wear down tougher zombies.

don't know if this has already been addressed, but I'll let you know anyways. The trader protection is still on, it was my understanding that it was going to be off. I'm playing on the 7 day horde streamer edition. So far I've found 2 towns with one trader each and they both had protection turned on.

Thanks for all the hard work, keep it up.

IF You are using the Mod Launcher 2.2 is still usable .. THE : RH 30 is the newest version the old are under it still.

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null. Parameter Name: s

Started ~day 4. (SP. Use Launcher. Completely 'fresh' install. RG = 'Woody'.) Was thinking it might be chunk related - I don't think it is. Have also emptied backpack and bar - still happens. Happens every few seconds. (ESC cancels...) Also cannot exit game (easily) after it. Esc brings up Exit and Options - but cannot select either -and game continues in 'background'. (The Exit menu is mostly transparent and does not stop the game from running.) Would be glad to provide any info or files, or check anything. Just let me know if you want me to do anything and what that might be.

Edited by Quantum Blue (see edit history)

Spawn Error in 2.2

I'm using the latest version of ModLauncher to load up Ravenhearst 2.2 (we're not yet ready to give up this save and start 3.0 yet) - however, we're getting this error almost constantly. I even did a fresh load of the mod to make sure the files didn't somehow get corrupted, but still the same issue. Here's the error code from the output_log

2018-03-27T17:14:03 403.294 INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from WolfGroup
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.YZ (.World , Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.BW (Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.UZ (Double ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm just posting one single instance here as an example, however in-game, there's a HUGE line of red "INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from WolfGroup Null ReferenceException..." error messages popping up just about any time I walk next to a building. The output_log seems like it's a mile long with all the errors that popped up.

Obviously, someplace is calling to an unknown or undefined filename and that's the issue. However, I don't know which command it is, where this command is located, nor which file it needs to call. Can anyone help please?

This has only happened since 3.0 came out - everything was working perfectly on Sunday.

EDIT TO ADD: I just read the previous threads about the GitHub desync, and while I think that may have been part of the problem that I originally had when I first loaded the game, I DID do the correction suggested, and deleting the mod entirely and re-installing it clean. That completely solved my initial "can't load the game" issue (that I didn't even mention above because it was solved), but even re-installing the mod clean and a full reboot of my entire system, I'm getting that sleeper spawning error issue.

EDIT #2: Here's the pastebin of my output log https://pastebin.com/9Rb0RqqF

Edited by Mosykins
Clarification and additional information (see edit history)

I'm using the latest version of ModLauncher to load up Ravenhearst 2.2 (we're not yet ready to give up this save and start 3.0 yet) - however, we're getting this error almost constantly. I even did a fresh load of the mod to make sure the files didn't somehow get corrupted, but still the same issue. Here's the error code from the output_log

2018-03-27T17:14:03 403.294 INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from WolfGroup
 at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.YZ (.World , Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.BW (Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm just posting one single instance here as an example, however in-game, there's a HUGE line of red "INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from WolfGroup Null ReferenceException..." error messages popping up just about any time I walk next to a building. The output_log seems like it's a mile long with all the errors that popped up.

Obviously, someplace is calling to an unknown or undefined filename and that's the issue. However, I don't know which command it is, where this command is located, nor which file it needs to call. Can anyone help please?

This has only happened since 3.0 came out - everything was working perfectly on Sunday.

EDIT TO ADD: I just read the previous threads about the GitHub desync, and while I think that may have been part of the problem that I originally had when I first loaded the game, I DID do the correction suggested, and deleting the mod entirely and re-installing it clean. That completely solved my initial "can't load the game" issue (that I didn't even mention above because it was solved), but even re-installing the mod clean and a full reboot of my entire system, I'm getting that sleeper spawning error issue.

EDIT #2: Here's the pastebin of my output log https://pastebin.com/9Rb0RqqF

2018-03-27T17:13:27 367.749 INF Party with 1 player(s) has a computed game stage of 12

2018-03-27T17:13:27 367.749 INF Party members:

2018-03-27T17:13:27 367.749 INF Player id 17245 gameStage: 112

2018-03-27T17:13:27 367.794 INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from WolfGroup

Looks like something is amis in the Wolf Group

Yup... any idea what that is or where I might find it? I've been digging through files all over the place looking for the WolfGroup and am coming up blank.

Look in entitygroups.xml and gamestages.xml