Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Jax, we’re running 3.0 and overall it runs well. We are only playing level 2 on the server as difficulty and the zombies are truly bullet sponges. Might be intentional but it makes it very much a grind. The other thing we noticed is the terrain. It might be due to our seed choice but I’m posting a couple screenshots because the roads are strange and many poi’s spawn on the tips of hills and mountains. We can live with it but never had a seed this crazy. Otherwise no issues to this point beyond that and it’s looking to be a fun time. Appreciate everyone’s hard work on this. We have played Ravenhearst full time since we completed Valmod. Not end game but got to a point we were no longer challenged. Don’t see that happening with this mod for sure.

96A49F40-68A8-401D-9008-EFAFE1E8926F.jpg.810b14075280e59f9d15cde782de146e.jpg

0EE974B4-C462-409A-B211-0673EBF7BD49.jpg.1fd5e4b68132024d3334ddfc9f81bd1b.jpg

Jax, we’re running 3.0 and overall it runs well. We are only playing level 2 on the server as difficulty and the zombies are truly bullet sponges. Might be intentional but it makes it very much a grind.

Default mode: (Not survivalist. I started one that way - but...)

300 Bow: Most zombies 7-10 shots to head. Some 20-30. (ZERO misses.)

30 AK-47: (Not counting an occasional miss.) Deer 8-10 shots (head/body and half were stealth. And you will chase them for a long time...) PIGS 10-20 to the HEAD as they are coming at you (and it still killed me. Didn't think a pig would survive an entire AK-47 clip - let alone kill me in 2 hits.). Wolf head - entire clip (30 - in 2/3 shot bursts) - and didn't kill it. Rabbits 3 shots and still not dead (3 different rabbits.) Gave up chasing. (Worse than deer...) No white meat for you...

Is this 'simulating' not being a very good with weapon/skill and almost all 'hits' are actually 'misses'?

Edited by Quantum Blue (see edit history)

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null. Parameter Name: s

Started ~day 4. (SP. Use Launcher. Completely 'fresh' install. RG = 'Woody'.) Was thinking it might be chunk related - I don't think it is. Have also emptied backpack and bar - still happens. Happens every few seconds. (ESC cancels...) Also cannot exit game (easily) after it. Esc brings up Exit and Options - but cannot select either -and game continues in 'background'. (The Exit menu is mostly transparent and does not stop the game from running.) Would be glad to provide any info or files, or check anything. Just let me know if you want me to do anything and what that might be.

Started a fresh new game. (Exact same specs.) Day 5 same thing. BUT, this time I noticed it started happening when I approached a really big POI, big burgundy mall with a high rise, shops, and a skate park, blue parking lot. (Name = HotelDeStallion) Once it starts happening can't get it to stop. Even after I run back to base, exit (everything) and reload.

Edited by Quantum Blue (see edit history)

Just wondering if anyone else having issues with it as well. I can't seem to get through any preview with out crashing out even on the smallest preview map.

In my experiance it's most likely related to memory. After A16 dropped I was lucky to be able to gen even a couple seeds before game would freeze and require a force quit via task manager.

Upped ram to 16GB and could gen 5-7 seeds before maxing ram.

With all the additional assets in RH I can only gen 3-4, maybe 5 seeds (that's at size 1) before having to fully close down game and then restart.

Likely helpful to close everything (no browsers etc) prior to launching RH and gen'ing seeds.

Jax, we’re running 3.0 and overall it runs well. We are only playing level 2 on the server as difficulty and the zombies are truly bullet sponges. Might be intentional but it makes it very much a grind. The other thing we noticed is the terrain. It might be due to our seed choice but I’m posting a couple screenshots because the roads are strange and many poi’s spawn on the tips of hills and mountains. We can live with it but never had a seed this crazy. Otherwise no issues to this point beyond that and it’s looking to be a fun time. Appreciate everyone’s hard work on this. We have played Ravenhearst full time since we completed Valmod. Not end game but got to a point we were no longer challenged. Don’t see that happening with this mod for sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24224[/ATTACH]

Most likely it's a seed you have used in the past and it's carrying some data from a past game with it.

If you don't mind starting over:

• Use a seed name you haven't used before.

Or If you still want to use the same seed name:

Go into your save folder for the game/

• open it and find the RandomGen folder.
  • You'll see a folder with the game world name open that.
  • Then you'll see a folder labeled "HubCellData" erase it.

Then exit out and start a new game with the same seed name.

@Jax

You're probably, from what I'm reading, Using an entity in your group list that can't be used in the wandering hordes and/or sleeper list.

Like if you wanted to use a timid animal in your wandering horde you would need to make a new entity of that type and have it use the HostileTemplate give it the same AITask/Target as the timid/ plus give it a handitem.

example: If you wanted a deer in your wandering horde.

<entity_class name="animalStag2" extends="animalTemplateHostile">
<property name="HasRagdoll" value="true"/>
<property name="Mesh" value="Animals/Stag/STAG"/>
<property name="ModelType" value="Standard"/>
<property name="Prefab" value="NPC"/>
<property name="Parent" value="Animals"/>
<property name="AvatarController" value="GameObjectAnimalAnimation"/>
<property name="Class" value="EntityEnemyAnimal"/>
<property name="Weight" value="70"/>
<property name="RotateToGround" value="true"/>
<property name="IsEntityAnimal" value="true"/>
<property name="PhysicsBody" value="Stag"/>
<property name="Faction" value="animals"/>
<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false"/>
<property name="HandItem" value="handAnimalWolf"/>

<property name="AITask-1" value="Swim"/>
<property name="AITask-2" value="RunawayWhenHurt"/>
<property name="AITask-3" value="RunawayFromEntity" param1="EntityPlayer"/>
<property name="AITask-4" value="RunawayFromEntity" param1="EntityZombie"/>
<property name="AITask-5" value="Wander"/>

<property name="MaxHealth" value="5"/>
<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="180"/>
<property name="WanderSpeed" value="0.7"/>
<property name="ApproachSpeed" value="1.2"/>
<property name="NightWanderSpeed" value="0.7"/>
<property name="NightApproachSpeed" value="1.2"/>
<property name="PanicSpeed" value="1.2"/>
<property name="SurfaceCategory" value="organic"/>
<property name="ParticleOnDeath" value="blood_death"/>
<property name="SoundHurt" value="Animals/stagpain"/>
<property name="SoundDeath" value="Animals/stagdeath"/>
<property name="TimeStayAfterDeath" value="300"/>
<property name="IsEnemyEntity" value="false"/>
<property name="ExperienceGain" value="327"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="rawMeat" tool_category="Butcher" count="6"/> <!-- animalStag -->
<drop event="Harvest" name="animalHide" tool_category="Butcher" count="6"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="animalFat" tool_category="Butcher" count="4"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="femur" tool_category="Butcher" count="2"/>
</entity_class>

I know you can't use:

invisibleAnimal, invisibleAnimalHotsile, Bandit, Survivor in your sleeper or wandering horde setup.. well bandit and survivor you can but you need to do some funky setup to do so.

But you might have a Entity or Entities in those group lists that can't be used.

The "No valid sleeper block.." deal isn't anything to worry about, it's just letting you know a poi doesn't have valid sleeper blocks or any at all in it but you have a sleeper volume set up for the poi and it tried to find one but couldn't and is moving on. That message won't hurt anything nor cause any real issues other then ppl seeing the message in the 'dm' if they're looking for it.

Hope that helps you narrow it down some..

Default mode: (Not survivalist. I started one that way - but...)

300 Bow: Most zombies 7-10 shots to head. Some 20-30. (ZERO misses.)

30 AK-47: (Not counting an occasional miss.) Deer 8-10 shots (head/body and half were stealth. And you will chase them for a long time...) PIGS 10-20 to the HEAD as they are coming at you (and it still killed me. Didn't think a pig would survive an entire AK-47 clip - let alone kill me in 2 hits.). Wolf head - entire clip (30 - in 2/3 shot bursts) - and didn't kill it. Rabbits 3 shots and still not dead (3 different rabbits.) Gave up chasing. (Worse than deer...) No white meat for you...

Is this 'simulating' not being a very good with weapon/skill and almost all 'hits' are actually 'misses'?

This could be possible. Many shots were accurate but not all were headshots. One of the zombies I encountered game the appearance the bolts were passing through although I was successful in killing him. Nothing terrible by any means and might be as intended but horde night ain’t gonna be fun at this rate... :greedy_dollars:

Most likely it's a seed you have used in the past and it's carrying some data from a past game with it.

If you don't mind starting over:

• Use a seed name you haven't used before.

Or If you still want to use the same seed name:

Go into your save folder for the game/

• open it and find the RandomGen folder.
  • You'll see a folder with the game world name open that.
  • Then you'll see a folder labeled "HubCellData" erase it.

Then exit out and start a new game with the same seed name.

@Jax

You're probably, from what I'm reading, Using an entity in your group list that can't be used in the wandering hordes and/or sleeper list.

Like if you wanted to use a timid animal in your wandering horde you would need to make a new entity of that type and have it use the HostileTemplate give it the same AITask/Target as the timid/ plus give it a handitem.

example: If you wanted a deer in your wandering horde.

<entity_class name="animalStag2" extends="animalTemplateHostile">
<property name="Mesh" value="Animals/Stag/STAG"/>
<property name="ModelType" value="Standard"/>
<property name="Prefab" value="NPC"/>
<property name="Parent" value="Animals"/>
<property name="AvatarController" value="GameObjectAnimalAnimation"/>
<property name="Class" value="EntityEnemyAnimal"/>
<property name="Weight" value="70"/>
<property name="RotateToGround" value="true"/>
<property name="IsEntityAnimal" value="true"/>
<property name="PhysicsBody" value="Stag"/>
<property name="Faction" value="animals"/>
<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false"/>
<property name="HandItem" value="handAnimalWolf"/>

<property name="AITask-1" value="Swim"/>
<property name="AITask-2" value="RunawayWhenHurt"/>
<property name="AITask-3" value="RunawayFromEntity" param1="EntityPlayer"/>
<property name="AITask-4" value="RunawayFromEntity" param1="EntityZombie"/>
<property name="AITask-5" value="Wander"/>

<property name="MaxHealth" value="5"/>
<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="180"/>
<property name="WanderSpeed" value="0.7"/>
<property name="ApproachSpeed" value="1.2"/>
<property name="NightWanderSpeed" value="0.7"/>
<property name="NightApproachSpeed" value="1.2"/>
<property name="PanicSpeed" value="1.2"/>
<property name="SurfaceCategory" value="organic"/>
<property name="ParticleOnDeath" value="blood_death"/>
<property name="SoundHurt" value="Animals/stagpain"/>
<property name="SoundDeath" value="Animals/stagdeath"/>
<property name="TimeStayAfterDeath" value="300"/>
<property name="IsEnemyEntity" value="false"/>
<property name="ExperienceGain" value="327"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="rawMeat" tool_category="Butcher" count="6"/> <!-- animalStag -->
<drop event="Harvest" name="animalHide" tool_category="Butcher" count="6"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="animalFat" tool_category="Butcher" count="4"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="femur" tool_category="Butcher" count="2"/>
</entity_class>

I know you can't use:

invisibleAnimal, invisibleAnimalHotsile, Bandit, Survivor in your sleeper or wandering horde setup.. well bandit and survivor you can but you need to do some funky setup to do so.

But you might have a Entity or Entities in those group lists that can't be used.

The "No valid sleeper block.." deal isn't anything to worry about, it's just letting you know a poi doesn't have valid sleeper blocks or any at all in it but you have a sleeper volume set up for the poi and it tried to find one but couldn't and is moving on. That message won't hurt anything nor cause any real issues other then ppl seeing the message in the 'dm' if they're looking for it.

Hope that helps you narrow it down some..

It’s possible but this version install was a fresh install using the launcher with a name specific to this version. Server was also a complete wipe and fresh install. I’ll try your suggestions though to see if it changes. I don’t care about the seed and especially this early I can start fresh since this is more a test run at this point.

Please Help

Installed 3.0 but it isn't showing the RavenhHearst Logo in game when I went in, in fact, it looked like Vanilla 16.4

I deleted Mod and reinstalled then clicked "Pre-Sync Mod" and got this.

The following downloads will occur to install the mods for this server:

- https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip

- https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip

Peforming Full Cloning of http://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.

Just tried to go into the game again and same. Appears as Vanilla.

Any ideas?

Please Help

Installed 3.0 but it isn't showing the RavenhHearst Logo in game when I went in, in fact, it looked like Vanilla 16.4

I deleted Mod and reinstalled then clicked "Pre-Sync Mod" and got this.

The following downloads will occur to install the mods for this server:

- https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip

- https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip

Peforming Full Cloning of http://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.

Just tried to go into the game again and same. Appears as Vanilla.

Any ideas?

it only shows that its ravenhearst 3.0 when paused on a splash screen

it only shows that its ravenhearst 3.0 when paused on a splash screen

Thank you however, the backpack isn't the Bigger BackPack either so I'm thinking Vanilla has installed from the Launcher instead of 3.0 :-(

Spent 2.5hrs trying to install now and still not working.

Edited by iz2tricky
Frustration and Needed to Clarify (see edit history)

21 day horde singleplayer

does this part of the mods have the bigger backpack. I notice in the 7 day horde ones it says they have the 72 slot backpack, but in the 21 day info box it doesnt say if it comes with the bigger backpack or not.

Thanks in advance.

Good day JaxTeller718

The only ISSUE that I SEE so far .. is when you made the EXTRA Tall Z's .. the hit box is messed up for head shots .... regular z's No Problem .. But the tall ones .. you can shoot straight down on the head and it will miss several times before counting as a head shot this reproducible at 3-block if you want to check (hunting rifle level 247) and will take any where from 4 to 10 shots.

Just a thought .. Tall z's headshot are messed up a bit.

Have great one and Enjoying the Mod ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

3/29/18 .. UPDATE: OK I understand what you did in reference to headshots and it is All Good ... Once my level in guns and game leveled up, it got MUCH Better .. 1-shot to the head is good again ... Sorry for the concern .. but at Lower level it is a bit much.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Ive looked over gamestages and entitygroups and cant find anything wrong in there :( Everything positioned and spelled correctly. I will keep digging. I a very sorry this is occurring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB

"If I come across any of the invalid sleeper POI messages, I'll try to grab screenshots of what POI I'm near.

Should help track down the issue.

Thank you so much. Very much appreciated."

Thank you so much. Very much appreciated.

Thank you for looking into it!

For some more info, just in case: I'm in a Wasteland Biome right now, and I notice the invalid sleeper POI messages coming in near the Crack-a-Book HQ Tower, and the large Prison POI across the street from it. I'll see if I can get some screengrabs for you if you need them.

Also, want to update here that I (again) completely deleted the 2.2 mod from modlauncher, reinstalled it, but then downloaded it directly from github and manually overwrote everything that modlauncher installed. Loaded up the game and got the same poi sleeper spawn issue. Here's the latest output log from that test: https://pastebin.com/fzFbyvgx

Thank you for looking into it!

For some more info, just in case: I'm in a Wasteland Biome right now, and I notice the invalid sleeper POI messages coming in near the Crack-a-Book HQ Tower, and the large Prison POI across the street from it. I'll see if I can get some screengrabs for you if you need them.

Also, want to update here that I (again) completely deleted the 2.2 mod from modlauncher, reinstalled it, but then downloaded it directly from github and manually overwrote everything that modlauncher installed. Loaded up the game and got the same poi sleeper spawn issue. Here's the latest output log from that test: https://pastebin.com/fzFbyvgx

First error that came up in your log:

2018-03-28T11:30:38 101.826 ERR Loading and parsing 'entitygroups.xml' (Entity with name 'valZombieChildMale' not found)

First error that came up in your log:

2018-03-28T11:30:38 101.826 ERR Loading and parsing 'entitygroups.xml' (Entity with name 'valZombieChildMale' not found)

Ahhh... maybe that's what's up then! I just now realized that I forgot to add that I'm playing 7 Day Horde Streamer Edition, which is probably a REALLY IMPORTANT piece of the puzzle.

I am SO SORRY I forgot to mention that.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention :D

question on the mod laucher its saying for single player only i am installed rh 307 day hoard streamer edition on my server and friends tryed to log on and seen that so we need multiplayer not sure how to get that i am on verson 1.0.4.8 .. i cant join my server as well as i get errors while loading and ideas plz

Also want to add this vid I just made showing the error come up.

https://youtu.be/JaY-8ukdHaY

Again, I cannot apologize enough for failing to mention the exact version of 2.2 I was using. I feel silly that I left that out and SO AWFUL that I may have caused a whole lot of extra work. :(

No worries! ppl miss stuff it happens to us all :)

The more info that comes out the easier it is to track down the issue.

hopefully this gets your issue fixed quicker or at least shows a way to fix it and you can enjoy it the way you want it.

Yo Jax, you using mesh colliders or capsule colliders on the bones? We found the latter to be much, much better, and Faatal said that's what they do too. I usually rock with one capsule on each appendage, one on the torso, and a sphere on the head. And since they're on the bones they follow the animation.

If you're already doing it, more power to ya.

question on the mod laucher its saying for single player only i am installed rh 307 day hoard streamer edition on my server and friends tryed to log on and seen that so we need multiplayer not sure how to get that i am on verson 1.0.4.8 .. i cant join my server as well as i get errors while loading and ideas plz

Can you post your log files? Click on the View menu in the mod launcher, and go to Log files. Select 7d2dlauncher.txt and click on upload log file, and provide me with the logs. After that, click on the drop down in that same screen and output_log.txt and do the same.

Thank you however, the backpack isn't the Bigger BackPack either so I'm thinking Vanilla has installed from the Launcher instead of 3.0 :-(

Spent 2.5hrs trying to install now and still not working.

I'm sorry this is such a frustrating process for you.

Would you mind posting log files? Click on the View menu, then go to Log Files. Pick both logs, 7d2dlauncher.txt and output_log.txt and click on upload Log file, and give us the pastebin.com links.

Yo Jax, you using mesh colliders or capsule colliders on the bones? We found the latter to be much, much better, and Faatal said that's what they do too. I usually rock with one capsule on each appendage, one on the torso, and a sphere on the head. And since they're on the bones they follow the animation.

If you're already doing it, more power to ya.

Im stuck in July 2017 with my knowledge lol

I have not been using capsule. I AM going to though now that the update has been pushed so most likely our next update/patch will have them and i will SO much happier with that considering how janky and useless the mesh colliders are now.

Theres going to be an emergency update in a few minutes or so guys. Nothing ground breaking, and NOTHING that will kill your saves or your games. but it is STRONGLY advised all server and players update considering there was a MAJOR exploit that can be used to gain a huge advantage that was fixed.

Look for a more complete patch sometime next week early on as we are fixing some important stuff as we speak.