Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Yes, this has been an issue repeatedly. It will not load single player. I am not sure if it’s the loader or the mod but every other mod I have used the loader to install works fine. So after looking at a few of the comments like “1000’s of others have it working so there’s no issue” I gave up and went to other mods that do work. I understand these mods are created and given to the community and their creators put many hours into them so it is what it is. Pity, one time I have had Ravenhearst working, I enjoyed it.

It can be really frustrating when things don't work for some people while others seem to have no issues. There's a lot of different variables that can subtle affect installing the mods.

Let me know if you are interested in re-trying sometime in the future, and we can work together to get it working for you

Doom described it as a bit like valmod but with additional sdx assets. It's definitely not hard core, but is a solid enough base for a mod that you can tailor it however you want.

Exactly the reason why I wanted you guys playing it.

VERY much looking forward to feedback and VERY open to new balancing and changes. I use my server as a base for balance, but getting a more hardcore approach to it is something I have discussed at length, including flat out removing items from loot so they are craft only, increasing zombie health, delaying trader item respawn or perhaps removing them completely and breaking every single working station in game so crafting one is a must.

The one thing I didn't want to do is make anything monotonous. I love challenge and difficulty but I wanted to avoid something like "you must now spam feed your survivor or it drops dead". I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. People love it but I just did not want to go that route with this.

By the time we get to v3.0 i hope to have created something much more satisfying in terms of difficulty.

Hi i am having trouble getting the new version i had the 2.4 with no problem but i went to get the 2.5 today with the 7 day horde single player and its not seeming to do anything other than copy the game i have done the testy sync and even tried the direct download but when i look through the config files they dont have any of the items in them like spears or crowbar etc and just seem like original files so not sure if i messed something up or what

It can be really frustrating when things don't work for some people while others seem to have no issues. There's a lot of different variables that can subtle affect installing the mods.

Let me know if you are interested in re-trying sometime in the future, and we can work together to get it working for you

Thanks Sphereii. I am happy to try some new ideas. This isn’t my first rodeo as I run servers and have done so for many games over the years and play a multitude of games in modded fashion. So, I am going to download the latest tool version and then reinstall to see if it makes a difference this morning. If not then I will continue my game with Valmod. After all, it’s just a game, it’s not worth getting frustrated or angry about. Just let me know what you would like me to try, if anything, to figure out what’s going on. Thank again for chiming in. :fat:

I used it to install Ravenhearst and it also took a while for it to load in fully. If it seems like it is hanging and you think it is the launcher maybe sphereii could suggest one of the lite mods to install first to make sure the launcher is working fine for you. Or maybe even use it to just add a UI. I may be talking out my butt lol these mightn't make a difference but hey I tried...feebly but I tried. :D

Side note: Sphereii, what does check box "Refresh Mods Automatically" do? Does that reinstall all the mods everytime you start the launcher? If so would it speed up load times if I uncheck it? I know it could cause probelms if the mod is updated and I have it unchecked (I assume) but couldn't I always just recheck it and restart the launcher to fix that? Just spit balling here...

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

First of all I want to say: really no offense intended, since I think both of you are doing a great job.

I installed 7dtd again after I saw Ravenhearst on Games4Kickz. Wanted to try it out myself. I found this thread and was looking for a download link for some minutes until i realized that I am forced to use a 3rd party tool. I really didn't like that but I gave it a try. Whatever I did, different settings, different folder etc. the game always started in vanilla mode instead of Ravenhearst. So after a frustrating 30-40 minutes I gave up and deleted the launcher as well as 7dtd.

tl;dr:

As long as a 3rd party tool is more complicated than just copy/pasting a folder I think it's really not a good choice to enforce the tool. That being said, I again wanna emphasize that I appreciate the time you're spending on the community.

Jax, I've been enjoying Ravenhearst and appreciate all the hard work you are putting into it's creation. I do a couple questions though:

With the release of 2.05 you removed schematics from traders. In vanilla I was only ever able to find the hops and battery bank schematics at the trader so is this also true for Ravenhearst? I started playing v2.03 and did a wipe for v2.04 and made it to the 3rd or 4th week in both and never found either in the wild. With the schematic drop being low I'm not sure if both of these can be found in the wild.

I'm playing the single player version, 72 slot backpack, 7 day horde, with weather enabled. Does weather work correctly? I haven't seen rain yet in either of my play throughs. I've wanting to try out the rain catcher but with me never seeing any rain not sure if would work.

First of all I want to say: really no offense intended, since I think both of you are doing a great job.

I installed 7dtd again after I saw Ravenhearst on Games4Kickz. Wanted to try it out myself. I found this thread and was looking for a download link for some minutes until i realized that I am forced to use a 3rd party tool. I really didn't like that but I gave it a try. Whatever I did, different settings, different folder etc. the game always started in vanilla mode instead of Ravenhearst. So after a frustrating 30-40 minutes I gave up and deleted the launcher as well as 7dtd.

tl;dr:

As long as a 3rd party tool is more complicated than just copy/pasting a folder I think it's really not a good choice to enforce the tool. That being said, I again wanna emphasize that I appreciate the time you're spending on the community.

Im very sorry you are having this problem Roach. As you can see there are many who do have it working and the benefit is being able to play any mod you like whenever you want and it is always the updated version.

That said and this isnt to you Roack but everyone, the Launcher has been a life saver for most, from server owners looking to get their players on the same files, to mod makers to the average user.

The main reason why strictly use the Launcher is probably one you don't think about. It saves the mod maker a HUGE amount of time. Ravenhearst is about 1.2 gigs. With the Launcher I need only edit the main version and push an update for it once. I can then edit ONLY the files that are affected by the different versions cutting back on the size on my drive and also on uploading time.

If you look at the Launcher and at the front page there are over 12 combinations that can be used. If I didn't use the Launcher every time I made even ONE edit to an xml I would need to reupload and package the entire mod 12 times. That means at LEAST 13 gigs of uploads on me each update. That is including all the dedi versions and weather etc. Plus if we didn't use the Launcher there is no guarantee people would update to the latest version and we would get 100 bug reports simply from people using an outdated version and that does not help the mod progress or get better at all.

Offering manual downloads would normally be fine with me if it wasn't so big of a mod. I hope that people can understand this, and sphereii is VERY open and willing to help and walk people through any issues they have with the Launcher. Once you use it and get it to work it really IS a life saver.

Im very sorry you are having this problem Roach. As you can see there are many who do have it working and the benefit is being able to play any mod you like whenever you want and it is always the updated version.

That said and this isnt to you Roack but everyone, the Launcher has been a life saver for most, from server owners looking to get their players on the same files, to mod makers to the average user.

The main reason why strictly use the Launcher is probably one you don't think about. It saves the mod maker a HUGE amount of time. Ravenhearst is about 1.2 gigs. With the Launcher I need only edit the main version and push an update for it once. I can then edit ONLY the files that are affected by the different versions cutting back on the size on my drive and also on uploading time.

If you look at the Launcher and at the front page there are over 12 combinations that can be used. If I didn't use the Launcher every time I made even ONE edit to an xml I would need to reupload and package the entire mod 12 times. That means at LEAST 13 gigs of uploads on me each update. That is including all the dedi versions and weather etc. Plus if we didn't use the Launcher there is no guarantee people would update to the latest version and we would get 100 bug reports simply from people using an outdated version and that does not help the mod progress or get better at all.

Offering manual downloads would normally be fine with me if it wasn't so big of a mod. I hope that people can understand this, and sphereii is VERY open and willing to help and walk people through any issues they have with the Launcher. Once you use it and get it to work it really IS a life saver.

Totally understand the reasoning behind it.

On a side note, if I just wanna start a local SP game would that work with the server files?

sphereii The installer interface is really not intuitive. I have not seen a single player who does not have problems using your launcher. Even I did not understand the first time how this works. It took me some time and experiments to sort it out. After installing the mod, it needs to be activated, this is not mentioned. Regular players only need one button << install mod >> and all :)

Add a load scale to see how many percent have already loaded and how long it will take.

sphereii I have not seen a single player who does not have problems using your launcher.

I have had zero issues using the launcher and have 3 mods currently on my system I swap between.

As is often the case the bazillion users not having issues are not posting, it is only the people having issues that you see here.

At first I was put off by how often I saw the launcher being 'pushed' at me in posts and it got my hackles up and I did not install for a long time. Downloading and using the launcher has been a huge joy for me and eliminated some of the simple mistakes I would make.

sphereii The installer interface is really not intuitive. I have not seen a single player who does not have problems using your launcher.

You're wrong. I never have any problem with the launcher. Just download, choose mod (I play in TS, RH, Starvation) and run. All works fine without problems.

sphereii The installer interface is really not intuitive. I have not seen a single player who does not have problems using your launcher. Even I did not understand the first time how this works. It took me some time and experiments to sort it out. After installing the mod, it needs to be activated, this is not mentioned. Regular players only need one button << install mod >> and all :)

Add a load scale to see how many percent have already loaded and how long it will take.

Thank you for your feedback. The UI could use improvements but I believe it's at a happy medium now to deal with corner cases and special use cases. I agree most people only want a single button, but there are complex mods out there and unique configurations.

RavenHearsts downloads have 3 to 8 different links to download, in addition to patching files to provide the zombie retexture package.

The git API I use for the Downloads do not expose a progress indicator, as it doesn't know how much it needs to download until it's done. Sometimes only a few files are needed while others may be a full download.

It wouldn't, but i can tell you what i will do. I will upload sometime today the regular version of Ravenhearst to the first post for you ;)

Thank you very much. But no pressure, won't have time before the weekend anyway :)

You're wrong. I never have any problem with the launcher. Just download, choose mod (I play in TS, RH, Starvation) and run. All works fine without problems.

You can't tell people that their experience is wrong just because you didn't make the same my friend.

not working

Dont no what im doing wrong..but i copie all the files like other mods and it not working. im not running a server..i just want to try ravenhearst. By the way tanks for all the mods you put with hard work but maybe you should put installation instruction when you release a mod .

Hi everyone (most especially Jax),

Previously, i was able to play this mod, when it was still in Dawn of the New Apocalypse folder, but after updating to the new version, wherein it uses the Ravenhearst folder, i get stuck and get some nasty errors. Kindly help me out. (FYI i got the update from the 7D2D launcher.) Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23410[/ATTACH]

Edit: it's now working, i just had to move some files to its proper place.

nowworking.jpg.f1b7f5b3da7528a94a1582b89d4f5c93.jpg

Anyone else having issues with the latest version? I was playing fine last night and I went to restart today. I deleted the old folder and reinstalled from scratch. Now when I load it up it hangs on "Loading Blocks". I thought it may be just taking a real long time, so I let it sit for about 40 minutes and it was still on the screen.

Please, is it normal that when I try to Play 21 Day Horde Edition mod with Automatic mod refresh enabled, the update hangs on "Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning..." Right now it is for about an hour. This was a fresh installation.

Thx for advice.

issues

Anyone else having issues with the latest version? I was playing fine last night and I went to restart today. I deleted the old folder and reinstalled from scratch. Now when I load it up it hangs on "Loading Blocks". I thought it may be just taking a real long time, so I let it sit for about 40 minutes and it was still on the screen.

well i dont know..how i know is i have copy past all folder like other mods and it not working..maybe they should put install instructions with the mod or a video to help people

I have had no problems at all with the latest version, nor with the mod launcher. I did the following:

1) Fired up mod launcher

2) Let mod launcher update itself to latest version.

3) Noticed that Ravenhearst mod has as new folder in the mod launcher

4) Deleted the old "Dawn of the new apocalypse" folder in my local file system, since I figured Ravenhearst will be installed under a new "Ravenhearst" folder from now on.

4) Selected Ravenhearst 7 day horse version from the launcher and installed it. Doesnt take super long.

5) Once ready, push play. Takes a LONG time to download the files and launching you into the game.

6) Deleted my old Ravenhearst save game.

7) Started fresh Ravenhearst game

8) Enjoying Ravehearst. :)

well i dont know..how i know is i have copy past all folder like other mods and it not working..maybe they should put install instructions with the mod or a video to help people

I've been using the Mod fine since it was first released, so for my issue it isn't installing it (I've been using the mod launcher for a while now). It was just this latest patch that for some reason isn't getting past the "loading blocks" part when the game starts. Maybe I'll just try a full clean install just in case I managed to do something stupid.

Please, is it normal that when I try to Play 21 Day Horde Edition mod with Automatic mod refresh enabled, the update hangs on "Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning..." Right now it is for about an hour. This was a fresh installation.

Thx for advice.

Could you restart the launcher? You should see a new option for the ravenheasrt mod to download from a mirror. It's below the test mod sync button.

This advice goes for anyone who is having an issue downloading from GitHub