Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Update Time!

It IS advised that you start new saves and wipe, but if you try on an old save PLEASE do NOT report ANY bugs of any kind. A LOT has changed so games being played on older saves ar of little use when it comes to error reports.

Also you will notice a new Layout in the launcher. I hope this makes things easier to read and also a new extra file in the first post called Extra Spawning for those who want more of a challenge.

Version: 2.05

Patch 2.05 Released 11/27

-Research Desk no longer gives forged iron on harvest

-Lowered chances of looting Diamond and Steel tool parts in loot.

-Lowered chances of finding golden eggs

-Lowered chances of looting explosives

-Fixed More Descriptions

-Removed Schematics from Traders because they could be bought in mass quantities and spammed for Knowledge Points. You can still sell schematics and buy from other players.

-Reduced feather drop slightly

-Added other items to bird's nest you can loot

-Added other items to mailboxes you can loot

-Lowered probability of Steel and Iron Tools and Weapons dropping from loot

-Increased chance of getting tools from sinks and cupboards

-Increased Repair XP from All Clothing/Armor Items so you get more XP as your armor increases

-Added Blunderbuss to Farmer Class

-Fixed Bows Progression so that it lines up with the Bows Quest

-Added Military and Police Generators

-Added Radiated Sewer Lids found in the streets

-Added Radiated Tanker to vehicle spawn

-Added new UI by Sirillion

-Removed Ability to sell Concrete Items to Traders

-Completely Rebalanced Wellness and Health and Food Values from ALL food items

-Removed some unnecessary items from loot like junk or extra items that were clogging up loot

-Increased rate of Skill Book drops

-Honey drop rate lowered a bit.

-Messy stage time increased

-Infection stages decreased to make the virus more urgent.

-Weapon Station now properly displays the Solder Gun

-Added Recipe for Fire Trap

-Gun Part Crafting now Requires Solder Gun Instead of Chisel. Chisel os now for Tool Parts

-The Halicopter is working fine in SP but it will NOT work on MP. Sorry guys, I tried everything. The scripts clash with the Transmogrifier it seems.

-Wood now burns in stations properly

-Null on quests is now fixed (FINALLY!)

-Eating Apples can possibly contain a Rotten Apple which will make you sick

-Removed Duplicate Gun Station Recipe

-Removed Bandits and NPCs from the entity spawn pool

-Redistributed loot amongst Nightmare.

-Changed amount of drops from all ores

-Added more patches of Diamonds to Wasteland

-Balanced Fertilizer from Burnt Biome

-Added 4 new POIs to Random Gen

-Removed Zombie Horde Beacon recipe for Now Due to overuse for XP spamming and possible chunk errors

-Removed Stone Bolts from Iron Crossbow and Added Steel Bolts to it

-Fixed Overlay on the Vintorez

would it be possible just to keep our server files under dona as it's been for all of time, and move all the other ravenhearst to "ravenhearst"?

it might create that scroll bar sphereii has been dreaming of.

Sphere controls who gets what slots on the Launcher. and I think I just donated the last ounce of blood to him last week. I tried something new out. Check the Launcher.

Had the same issue. Blue fang could not get it to work either. The launcher will run some of the others like without weather and 21 day blood moon in single player. Not sure what the issue is but figured it might just be me...

Without weather and 21 day Blood Horde is exactly the one I tried first, but for some reason none of the SP ones are working because they all load the world in vanilla with none of the modded items. At first I thought it was the launcher bugging out on me, but I can play Valmod and WoTW fine.

Post-Patch Woes

So, tried to use the old folder to play, didn't work (probably cause of the name change). So I deleted it entirely, reinstalled using "7 Day Horde Edition". Freezes at loading screen doesn't do any of the precaching stuff. Figured what the hay, deleted that, deleted 7d2d from steam, reinstalled 7d2d on steam, verified, reinstalled "7 Day Horde Edition"....same issue.

Is it just me?

Thanks in advance,

Mez

My save worked. You probably didn't give it enough time to load. Takes me maybe 2-3 mins for me each play. If you are using the Mod Launcher, there was no reason to reinstall the original game.

Some people say it gets stuck on loading screen but it's actually loading. It's not going to load as fast as vanilla. I'm playing on a 6yr old laptop with 12gb ram, it just load slower for me.j

Edited by vudugan (see edit history)

Just tested this for an hour. My initial thoughts are:

-Murloc Mode in water is a bit jarring, maybe consider slowing the speed boost down a bit

-The starting shed is invulnerable; Neat concept, but should be destroy-able or as guppy said, a expiry sort of deal

-Player backpacks expire after 3600 seconds; consider upping this a bit as not being able to get back to your backpack fast enough can be infuriating. Sometimes life happens and you need a bit more time.

I plan on launching this on my private server this week, so I should have 5-10 people playing who can provide feedback as well. Looks good though, thanks for the mod.

hi there..

sorry for the semi dumb question but..

what version do i have to download if i want to,,,

play a version where its just me and my daughter (so multiplayer).

can i just download the single player version then choose multiplayer or do i have to download the dedicated Multiplayer version ??

cheers

Canadus

Found this mod and I am flabbergasted with what it offers.

Needless to say I am going to dive in and have a blast.

Would you say this mod is hard going like say Starvation Mod ? Or a smidge friendlier like War Walkers ?

Thanks.

It's not really harder than vanilla by much... at least not in the early game, no idea what the high gs stuff will be like ;)

Had some fun kicking the bandits out of the army base

Question: Is it just me, or is twine kinda hard to get compared to the amount that you need for various things? It's so common in recipies that I first thought it must be craftable somehow, but I don't see a recipe for it. If it's loot only, where are good places to find it?

Other than this, and still being scared to death at nights because I now have several of those whispering white monsters outside my base, I love the mod. :) I especially love how you can scrap weapon parts. Looking forward to build something cool once I get the equipment for it.

I'm with you. Twine is so frigging rare, it's better to let the dirt turn into an infection and cure it than craft a towel to clean up. Honey and antibiotics I have, twine, I don't.

It's not really harder than vanilla by much... at least not in the early game, no idea what the high gs stuff will be like ;)

Had some fun kicking the bandits out of the army base

Heyyy StompyNZ,

Thanks for the info, I do so enjoy 7days but it's a major plus the game supports modifications like this.

Good hunting!

So, tried to use the old folder to play, didn't work (probably cause of the name change). So I deleted it entirely, reinstalled using "7 Day Horde Edition". Freezes at loading screen doesn't do any of the precaching stuff. Figured what the hay, deleted that, deleted 7d2d from steam, reinstalled 7d2d on steam, verified, reinstalled "7 Day Horde Edition"....same issue.

Is it just me?

Thanks in advance,

Mez

The mod does take a lot longer to load than normal vanilla. Is EAC still off?

If you are having trouble, you could do the following:

1) Try to launch the game

2) Go back to the Mod Launcher when it hangs (5 minutes or so?)

3) Click on the View menu in the Mod Launcher, and go to Log Files

4) Select the output_log.txt and click on the Upload Log File button

5) Copy and paste the pastebin.com link it gives you here.

A little help please

Hi everyone (most especially Jax),

Previously, i was able to play this mod, when it was still in Dawn of the New Apocalypse folder, but after updating to the new version, wherein it uses the Ravenhearst folder, i get stuck and get some nasty errors. Kindly help me out. (FYI i got the update from the 7D2D launcher.) Thanks in advance.

Ravenhearst.thumb.jpg.7757bbb67b434e06c3dc94b156c6b467.jpg

i also dislike the launcher, it is a nice idea to get all sorted in one Programm but it is just too difficult for just normal Players that Play only for fun and have no idea of a Little complicated Programms,

somehow i managed to get the launcher to work, after it made me 3 copys of the game that all get a crash if i try to start it, but now the launcher got an update and i Need to reinstall evry single mod on it.

thats not rly funny for me to wait evry time i want to Play like 20 mins till it checked all datas

i also dislike the launcher, it is a nice idea to get all sorted in one Programm but it is just too difficult for just normal Players that Play only for fun and have no idea of a Little complicated Programms,

somehow i managed to get the launcher to work, after it made me 3 copys of the game that all get a crash if i try to start it, but now the launcher got an update and i Need to reinstall evry single mod on it.

thats not rly funny for me to wait evry time i want to Play like 20 mins till it checked all datas

Sorry for the trouble. What you are describing isn't what I'd consider normal or acceptable either. Would you like to work together to get it sorted for you?

dont get me wrong sphereii, its not like you did bad work or made it wrong, it is somthing rly awesome you made there

that launcher is just nothing for me. the new update somehow breaked my mods, so i get stuck in the loading files Progress, bevore it even started main menue of the game, idk if other also got this.

the launcher is just to complicated for me, thats why i dont like to use it, on other mods like valmod or war of the Walkers all you Need to do is get a vanilla 7d2d copy Folder download the mod and drag datas into the compy, and youre done it doesnt take me more then 5 mins to do that.

but on your launcher i try to download ravenhearst, where i get the first Problem that i wasnt Abel to find out how to controll where it installs it, on second step it installed just the vanilla model of 7d2d, and i had to download the filles for the mod separate, it took me around 30 mins to realize that =D, so after some reinstalls and experimenting i was Abel to get it to run

ill just stick to those mods that i can install on my own, because im actually to stupid for the launcher xD

dont get me wrong sphereii, its not like you did bad work or made it wrong, it is somthing rly awesome you made there

that launcher is just nothing for me. the new update somehow breaked my mods, so i get stuck in the loading files Progress, bevore it even started main menue of the game, idk if other also got this.

the launcher is just to complicated for me, thats why i dont like to use it, on other mods like valmod or war of the Walkers all you Need to do is get a vanilla 7d2d copy Folder download the mod and drag datas into the compy, and youre done it doesnt take me more then 5 mins to do that.

but on your launcher i try to download ravenhearst, where i get the first Problem that i wasnt Abel to find out how to controll where it installs it, on second step it installed just the vanilla model of 7d2d, and i had to download the filles for the mod separate, it took me around 30 mins to realize that =D, so after some reinstalls and experimenting i was Abel to get it to run

ill just stick to those mods that i can install on my own, because im actually to stupid for the launcher xD

My goal with the launcher is to make it easy for people to use; easier than installing manual. If you are getting confused, I don't believe it looks badly on you at all. It's either a poor design choice on my part, or sometimes we miss a key thing, and then the rest unravels quickly. Happens in life all the time :)

If you change your mind, and would like another try, let me know. I can help you get fixed up, and playing it smoothly.

Without weather and 21 day Blood Horde is exactly the one I tried first, but for some reason none of the SP ones are working because they all load the world in vanilla with none of the modded items. At first I thought it was the launcher bugging out on me, but I can play Valmod and WoTW fine.

Yes, this has been an issue repeatedly. It will not load single player. I am not sure if it’s the loader or the mod but every other mod I have used the loader to install works fine. So after looking at a few of the comments like “1000’s of others have it working so there’s no issue” I gave up and went to other mods that do work. I understand these mods are created and given to the community and their creators put many hours into them so it is what it is. Pity, one time I have had Ravenhearst working, I enjoyed it.