Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Cool. Just spent 2.5 hours into it, I liked it quite a bit.

It's definitely well thought out. I think most of the choices you made are on point.

As far as difficulty, well, I haven't died yet, so I'd see what it takes to include a few more faster zombies during the day. You'll note that <ahem> other people have died. =) Someone, and I won't say who (Doombringer101) found out that the Mechanic can one shot you. =)

http://guppycur.com/

Food is easy, especially with apples coming down and my propensity to chop trees. Perhaps every once in a while we get a poisoned apple, or one with a worm, and it makes us sick, but we can't tell the difference? I dunno. As it stands now, I can survive food/water wise, no problem off of apples, since they give both food and hydration.

The wilderness spawns are on point; there are quite a few zombies out there and it makes it harder to find time to do "other" things, but that's fantastic.

We're only day 4, and they'll probably be Day 9 by the time I get back on tomorrow, but we're taking notes and I'm recording, but overall I'm enjoying it.

The starting sheds are a fantastic idea, but we were wondering if you meant them to be invulnerable? If so, maybe put a 6 day timer on them or something?

My opinion about this mod.

Mod and server are great, really adorable, thank to Jax and others admins and players. But this mod too easy for me.

Now I'm at 30th level. My restrictions: I don't use any fire guns or blow weapons (only shotgun or pistol in desperate situations in close combats with ferals), and I prefer bow and crossbow. They are quiet, it's nice. Also I never burrow into the ground. And I don't use a minibike.

I built a shelter with three floors - battle floor (concrete + metal trussing), living floor (with all benches), farmer's floor (where I grow aloe for healiing). This is my second shelter (the first crashed with all my stuff because of my mistake)

My first class - bow, second - farmer, third - survivor (for auger). I played at horde night, but this not too hard. I didn't avoid mini hordes, easy too.

Maybe I too many played in True Survival and now all other mods too easy for me. Nevertheless, I got great pleasure playing on the server in this mod.

3. /base is cheating thing ;)

it's been nice having you around, i hope you don't go total stranger ^_^

being on 21 day hordes so we don't have 2-3 hordes a day is largely a boon all around, especially with so many people advancing the days, 2-3 hordes a day can be really taxing.. that said you're still low level, assumedly kinda low gamestage also, the hordes do get quite rough especially if you're sans electricity.

about /base... at least there aren't 10 waypoints you can use also.

Food is easy, especially with apples coming down and my propensity to chop trees. Perhaps every once in a while we get a poisoned apple, or one with a worm, and it makes us sick, but we can't tell the difference?

i really like that idea, i guess random chance kinda how the messy happens from looting bodies?

i hadn't died either until jax blew me up earlier tonight >____>

Where is the download link for this mod?

I want to try it out but there is no way of getting it.

I played it, so there is a way. =)

...get the Mod Launcher, the tricky part is that it's named Dawn of the Apocalypse there, not Ravenhearst (Thanks Doombringer101 for pointing that one out to me).

Why should I get something else just to play a mod that would be better to do manually?

Why force people to use something they don't want to use.

Because it is easier for you to stay updated and also, heaven forbid i know, it is easier for ME to maintain updates. It is NOT fun having to maintain 6 different version of this mod for everyone and the launcher makes editing XML'S easier to distribute. So why should you do it? You don't have to. But don't complain when you aren't updated to the latest version.

Thank you Gup for the ideas. I'm about to release that patch so if you want to remain on your current version you know what to do. Im adding some of the suggestions ;) and I look forward to more from you and the crew. You guys know your ♥♥♥♥ so it is very sound advice and most welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

I played it, so there is a way. =)

...get the Mod Launcher, the tricky part is that it's named Dawn of the Apocalypse there, not Ravenhearst (Thanks Doombringer101 for pointing that one out to me).

Considering a name change but that may force people to redownload. Oh wait, you should redownload ANYWAY on a new patch? WHAT? Might just call our server version DONA and the rest labelled under Ravenhearst.

The last time I tried the launcher it broke my game to the point that I had to do a reinstall of the game.

I'm not going to make that mistake again and use something that will break the game.

Everyone else is using the launcher without problems. Maybe you used the "simple" version for mod installs? That would add new mods on top of the same install which would break everything if you install more than one mod. The launcher is the best thing that ever happened to my 7 DTD life. Now I can play as many mods as I like without the hassle. :)

BTW, Jax? What are the requirements for crafting the Iron Reinforced club? I'm blunt class, level 2, and have level 1 primitive crafting and level 1 blunt crafting. Still don't have the recipe for the Iron Reinforced club. I have all the ingredients but... yeah. Can't progress the blunt quest, so hoping it unlocks eventually. It worked the other day in my other playthrough, but I may have been level 5 then.

The last time I tried the launcher it broke my game to the point that I had to do a reinstall of the game.

I'm not going to make that mistake again and use something that will break the game.

YOU broke the game. There are tutorials. They work. Thousands of others get it to work. I helped at LEAST 6 people get it to work yesterday with no problems. So...

- - - Updated - - -

Will it keep the xml edits if I change between the mods?

If you make changes yourself and the mod author updates, it will refresh your edits. It has to because it keeps in sync with the latest mod version. You CAN disable that. Don't write it off just yet, it is an invaluable tool. And it can easily help you play multiple mods.

I'm sorry you had trouble with the launcher last time. Let me know if you want to try again, and run into problems. I'll be able to help get you sorted quickly.

Kraken? ;)

He is slowly crawling to his dungeon gate, otherwise nicknamed "Rural Internet Connection" and is chipping away at the gate

- - - Updated - - -

Hi so you said the crowbar is good for breaking down cars is it better than the wrench for that then or just an alternative?

It is better because not only does it give bonus, it can give you extra items not able to be gotten with the wrench.

Considering a name change but that may force people to redownload. Oh wait, you should redownload ANYWAY on a new patch? WHAT? Might just call our server version DONA and the rest labelled under Ravenhearst.

would it be possible just to keep our server files under dona as it's been for all of time, and move all the other ravenhearst to "ravenhearst"?

it might create that scroll bar sphereii has been dreaming of.