Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Hey All,

First time poster here!

I created an account here to give a big THANK YOU to Jax for putting Ravenhearst together. THANK YOU!!!! Me and a few of my friends play 7 Days to Die pretty frequently, but find that it can get stale quickly. This mod adds the extra content and grind that we need to feel the amazing "slow burn" goodness!

I just recently started streaming on Twitch and I would love if Jax or anyone else that is into the Ravenhearst mod stopped by my channel tonight over on Twitch

I hope to see you all there! We are about to experience our first blood moon it should be crazy!

Eternally Grateful, Your Brother in WASDism, For the Glory of GabeN,

Kardinal Zyn

well i have to say I played this mod on a server tonight for the first time and I am just disappointed. I am not going to take away the hard work you put in to it.. Great job and well the intentions of course are good but seeing the population on this mod on servers.. its pretty well agreed that this mod is super freaking hard. But not only is it super freaking hard its near to impossible. Especially when the game is highly dependent at first on findng nails that are pretty rare. Zombie kills are just worthless on xps.. Its probably 10 x grind than vanilla.

Now I do know you will say well server admins can change those things but unfortunately they do not.

Sorry man I liked your previous version much better. Its just down right annoying for a new person t play this at first. I could see about maybe 60 hours of continous play before you are even some what decent in skills to actually make an upgrade wood block. Now I am pretty sure I will get flamed for this post but thats okay I dont care. Again not taking away from your hard work to make a game 20 x harder and annoying than it already is.

well i have to say I played this mod on a server tonight for the first time and I am just disappointed. I am not going to take away the hard work you put in to it.. Great job and well the intentions of course are good but seeing the population on this mod on servers.. its pretty well agreed that this mod is super freaking hard. But not only is it super freaking hard its near to impossible. Especially when the game is highly dependent at first on findng nails that are pretty rare. Zombie kills are just worthless on xps.. Its probably 10 x grind than vanilla.

Now I do know you will say well server admins can change those things but unfortunately they do not.

Sorry man I liked your previous version much better. Its just down right annoying for a new person t play this at first. I could see about maybe 60 hours of continous play before you are even some what decent in skills to actually make an upgrade wood block. Now I am pretty sure I will get flamed for this post but thats okay I dont care. Again not taking away from your hard work to make a game 20 x harder and annoying than it already is.

See for me it is too easy. First play through, Single Player, default difficulty settings and I have 0 deaths and over 1,400 zombie kills day 30ish. It gonna be subjective to each individual player of course but just realize that it's not either super hard or super easy for ALL people. It basically comes down to play habits and preferences. Impossible to some and a cake walk to others.

This in not meant to flame you in anyway, just a counter point so people can see both sides of the coin.

Nails can be found easily by breaking things made of wood, like chairs.

There's different mods for different people, I hope you find the perfect one for you.

Edited by chikorina (see edit history)

I frist thought its to hard too. But its about the playstyle ... if you play like vanilla you will lose. Take a cheap melee weapon an kill many zeds to gain level (even if you are lvl 1) and do start quest. That was the win for me. Remember: You gain XP the old syle (learning by doing) so will soon rank up with melee and have it easy to take over poi s.

Looking for a Motorcycle Exhaust for the minibike. I've wrenched the obvious (Motorcycles) and many cars to no yield.

Does not look like it can be made.

Hints?

Oh, while I am asking, how do you craft the seed packet for the Farming Survival quest book?

I sorted out the seed packet question.

Anyone on the Motorcycle Exhaust source? Only thing holding me back from the Minibike as far as I can tell.

TIA.

sorcery-logo-splash.png

Ravenhearst (5.1) and Sorcery are now fully compatible! :)

Manual: Follow the Modlet / Manual install steps of Sorcery and replace the default game directories with your Ravenhearst install.

Mod Launcher: Navigate to Ravenhearst > Manage Modlets > View Available > Sorcery > Download > See "Important".

Important: Don't forget to copy Sorcery Localization text into Ravenhearst' Localization.txt, else you won't have in-game text. This can be found within the main Sorcery folder, regardless how you obtained it.

Backup: As always, backup your saves first just in case of an apocalyptic abnormality!

SUPPORT: If you need Sorcery related support, please visit the Sorcery Wiki, Thread or Discord. Support is ensured and patched by Sorcery, not Ravenhearst.

7d2d-sorcery-wiki.png

Does it still work with V5.12 ?

Get of the SMXmenu in the mods folder and those mods will work again.

"I found that Red Eagle LXIX's modlets for more...option (ie DayLightLength options or my more LootRespawnDays options) no longer work in Ravenhearst 5.1

They DO work in 17.2 vanilla.

Is this intentionnal ?

Regards

JayZhee

Thanks very much for that information....I don't understand how I mised that mod....found another way around though, a bit shaky but works also...open world (created in 5.2<) in 5.02, modify to your liking then reopen normally. This does not give you the possibility to make a different world size.

Regards

JayZhee

I cant get V5.12 to work on linux .... V5.1 worked fine.

Unfortunately no gnu-linux support.

And for special carparts you need a crowbar (loot only). But I never had to make minibike frames or handlebars, easier to find as loot. Go for Pass-n-Gas and Working Stiff places and crates.

I am using the launcher and getting a error that says No scripts or patches found Not running SDX. Game launches with Fun Pimps logo, music and then goes either black or gray then unresponsive. Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

tick Refresh Mods Automatically and then click Pre-Sync Mod.

Is there a better way to get Coal and Nitrate than breaking surface rocks and burnt trees?

Why are Feral zeds so overpowered? They run around spike traps, 1-2 hit kill you, spawn in almost every single POI. Any good way to deal with them that does not involve a full magazine of AK or mp5?

Is there a better way to get Coal and Nitrate than breaking surface rocks and burnt trees?

Why are Feral zeds so overpowered? They run around spike traps, 1-2 hit kill you, spawn in almost every single POI. Any good way to deal with them that does not involve a full magazine of AK or mp5?

Nitrate ore in Snow biome and Coal ore in the burned biome. Dig up the gravel spots at the surface to see what is direct under it(or not).

As for the ferals, is intended. You better start in smaller POI's until you got better armor.

I love to sneak up to them and headshot them (also costing perks). You want it all but you can't :p

OK, I got a server running on Windows in my local network.

I forwarded this ports in my router:

TCP: 8080-8081,8082,26900

UDP: 26900-26902

... but always get "connetction timeout". connecting by lan IP does work. Configuration (router) should be ok.

So I ve no clue whats wrong. Maybe missing ports ?

EDIT: I solved the problem. 7 days bocks somehow connections from computers at the same network when the dont use LAN IP connection. I had to open a hotspot of my moble phone to test if my server is reachable by internet.

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

See for me it is too easy. First play through, Single Player, default difficulty settings and I have 0 deaths and over 1,400 zombie kills day 30ish. It gonna be subjective to each individual player of course but just realize that it's not either super hard or super easy for ALL people. It basically comes down to play habits and preferences. Impossible to some and a cake walk to others.

This in not meant to flame you in anyway, just a counter point so people can see both sides of the coin.

Day 21 for me. 900+ kills with 2 deaths. I do agree, it is very difficult at the start, but it gets easier as it goes along. And loving the wandering hordes....wow, they are dangerous again.

Do we have any options for additional traders during world generation, or re-adding wandering traders in Ravenhearst? Patch notes for 5.12 indicate the wandering ones have been removed, and I'm finding it near impossible to use a 16k x 16k map since the 4-5 that end up on it are so far apart that visiting them is an exercise in frustration. It's identical to only having one in an 8k map who is literally as far from you as possible.

My starting trader for example was 'only' 4.4km away from my initial base, and without a fast vehicle it took half a day just to travel to him. It makes missions impossible, and finding the other ones when they are so far out on the edges of the map a no-go.

I realize I can look in the xml to find their locations after generation and keep restarting the game to try and get close, but I consider this 'cheesing the game'. I'd like to have to search to find them even on a 16k map, but having only 4-5 in a world that is 4x the size of an 8k default is just not good. Ideally a 16k map would have 4x the default number of traders, for balance.

Edit: found the wildernessGroup section in the rwgmixer.xml. Going to try adjusting the mins/maxes upward and generating some new 16k worlds.

Edited by Jaga (see edit history)

Hey,so i am at day 59 and i see no jumping,exploding or shooting zombies and birds,will i see them later or they are completely removed ?

Because those poor only hitting bastards just can't get to me.. wandering if it will become harder to fight them later on.

Also,wandering horde totally dissapear when i quit and come back to game :'/

Edited by PrivateHudson (see edit history)