Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Do we have any options for additional traders during world generation, or re-adding wandering traders in Ravenhearst? Patch notes for 5.12 indicate the wandering ones have been removed, and I'm finding it near impossible to use a 16k x 16k map since the 4-5 that end up on it are so far apart that visiting them is an exercise in frustration. It's identical to only having one in an 8k map who is literally as far from you as possible.

My starting trader for example was 'only' 4.4km away from my initial base, and without a fast vehicle it took half a day just to travel to him. It makes missions impossible, and finding the other ones when they are so far out on the edges of the map a no-go.

I realize I can look in the xml to find their locations after generation and keep restarting the game to try and get close, but I consider this 'cheesing the game'. I'd like to have to search to find them even on a 16k map, but having only 4-5 in a world that is 4x the size of an 8k default is just not good. Ideally a 16k map would have 4x the default number of traders, for balance.

rwgmixer.xml

Find:

<prefab name="settlement_trader_01" min_count="1" max_count="2" prob="2"/>

<prefab name="settlement_trader_02" min_count="1" max_count="2" prob="2"/>

<prefab name="settlement_trader_03" min_count="1" max_count="2" prob="2"/>

<prefab name="settlement_trader_04" min_count="1" max_count="2" prob="2"/>

<prefab name="settlement_trader_05" min_count="1" max_count="2" prob="2"/>

Edit: min_count="1" max_count="2" to min_count="2" max_count="3"

Seeds have to be planted next to water.

Thanks mate. Can you elaborate a bit.

Does it have to be a lake, or can it be a pool, or even player placed water.

Also how many blocks away from the water can you plant seeds, and can they still be planted in the block next to another seed?

Cheers.

SORCERY (v0.692) - STABLE HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE

sorcery-logo-splash.png

Residents of Ravenhearst, this Sorcery Patch includes a handful of fixes for integration with RH:

v0.692 Stable Hotfix Now LIVE

This stable hotfix patch includes a couple fixes for multiplayer and players of Ravenhearst. This patch does not require a restart.

FIXED: Spellcast could disappear while channeling Secondary in multiplayer

FIXED: Runes not going into certain Sorcerer Armor

FIXED: Sorcerer Armor Stats (Ravenhearst/Higher Quality Tiers)

QOL: Spells now shoot through bars and similar objects

QOL: Spells/Spellcasts no longer shift-click into Conjure Fuel Slot

UPDATED: Localization

INCREASED: Lock Shatter Rune loot chance

sorcery-lock-shatter-rune-mod.png

NOTE: All Spells are pending an overhaul/balance pass with the upcoming Lightning Update. This will address concerns regarding spell damage, stacking and synergies.

REMINDER: Sorcerer Armor gains Armor and Weather Resistance based on its Quality not Rarity. For mods, like RH, that add tiers of Quality beyond that of vanilla, all armor will automatically receive max of these specific to avoid releasing separate patches for mods.

Thanks mate. Can you elaborate a bit.

Does it have to be a lake, or can it be a pool, or even player placed water.

Also how many blocks away from the water can you plant seeds, and can they still be planted in the block next to another seed?

Cheers.

They need to be adjacent to water, either naturally occurring or player-placed. You can craft a bucket, dig a 1-square deep hole, dump the water out of the bucket into it, and hoe/plant in all adjacent squares.

A17.1_2019-02-21_04-22-48.jpg

Edit: min_count="1" max_count="2" to min_count="2" max_count="3"

Yep, found that section. I also had to alter the prob variable to be higher than 2, or the elevated numbers didn't stick as well.

RH numbers are well suited for 4k/8k maps, but not so well for 16k ones. Especially the biome frequency/sizes - I'm still trying to figure out how I can revert it back to more like vanilla so there are smaller and more numerous biomes. Having a single desert biome that stretches 4k by 12k across the landscape isn't something I want to ever have to cross.

So my son joined my multiplayer and he is at the part to find a pen. He spawned the POI but it was corrupted and there is no pen.

I entered creative to spawn a pen but that didn't satisfy the quest.

Can someone tell me how we can restart his quest so he may continue and advance?

So my son joined my multiplayer and he is at the part to find a pen. He spawned the POI but it was corrupted and there is no pen.

I entered creative to spawn a pen but that didn't satisfy the quest.

Can someone tell me how we can restart his quest so he may continue and advance?

I had a similar issue. What we did was I cancelled my existing quest, then the server admin spawned a new red book (the one to activate the quest) which I could then restart with.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be outside, it needs light like plants.

It worked. Thanks!

I had a similar issue. What we did was I cancelled my existing quest, then the server admin spawned a new red book (the one to activate the quest) which I could then restart with.

Thanks - what is the name of the book that starts the quest in creative?

Can't seem to get this working. Even after verifying game cache, and starting it up without EAC or from the exe, I keep getting the black loading screen. I installed manually by replacing the files. Using the 2k version

Figured it out.. The links in the first post are for the older versions. Make sure you download the latest version manually from github

I am having trouble getting chickens and pigs for the farm.

Do i need to harvest them using a specific tool for a chance of male/female? Do i need to kill them with a specific weapon? I tried looking at similar mods but they are unclear on instructions.

Also, twine. So far i can find pieces of it rarely in trash. Where does it normally spawn from? You need 30-40 of it just to craft a single car, and it's used for armor crafting, repair. So uncommon that it should be used as trading currency, too bad traders don't pay much for it.

I am having trouble getting chickens and pigs for the farm.

Do i need to harvest them using a specific tool for a chance of male/female? Do i need to kill them with a specific weapon? I tried looking at similar mods but they are unclear on instructions.

Also, twine. So far i can find pieces of it rarely in trash. Where does it normally spawn from? You need 30-40 of it just to craft a single car, and it's used for armor crafting, repair. So uncommon that it should be used as trading currency, too bad traders don't pay much for it.

I found them randomly by killing animals and harvesting their remains. Typically they only 'drop' when you've fully harvested them, and it's not guaranteed.

Didn't see a recipe for making twine - the stuff I've found has been semi-rare as well.

...snip...

RH numbers are well suited for 4k/8k maps, but not so well for 16k ones. Especially the biome frequency/sizes - I'm still trying to figure out how I can revert it back to more like vanilla so there are smaller and more numerous biomes. Having a single desert biome that stretches 4k by 12k across the landscape isn't something I want to ever have to cross.

Hello,

same feeling concerning biomes here...

I'm not particularely savvy concerning terrain/biome generation, so if you find out a sweet spot, would you care to share ?

Thanks and regards

JayZhee

Hello,

same feeling concerning biomes here...

I'm not particularely savvy concerning terrain/biome generation, so if you find out a sweet spot, would you care to share ?

Thanks and regards

JayZhee

I ended up trying different 16k map generations based on the number Pi, and found one I think will be fine to play on. Snow to the N/NE, Desert to the S/SE, Forest through the very center and heavy off to the West, and the two other Biomes stretching through the center off to the East.

Hopefully in the future they'll add more specific values for large 16k maps to the mixer's xml. I saw only normal and medium sizes when I was poking around in the RH xml, which makes for huge biomes which aren't very suitable for 16k.

Generated using Ravenhearst 5.12, size 16k, seed is: 3.1415926 The world name is "Borose Valley" - it has plenty of cities, and I edited the rwgmixer.xml so that it had between 25 and 30 wilderness traders (see previous posts in this topic for how-to).

I overlaid the splatmap on the biome image so it's easy to see where the distribution of cities is:

https://imgur.com/ImqBdbk

Edited by Jaga (see edit history)

Generated using Ravenhearst 5.12, size 16k, seed is: 3.1415926 The world name is "Borose Valley" - it has plenty of cities, and I edited the rwgmixer.xml so that it had between 25 and 30 wilderness traders (see previous posts in this topic for how-to).

I overlaid the splatmap on the biome image so it's easy to see where the distribution of cities is:

https://imgur.com/ImqBdbk

Indeed a nice map :encouragement:

Hi all.

Im having trouble on my server with the suitcase.

After placing on the ground and opening it is empty.

A few of us have managed to get it working after resetting character and waiting until prompted before placing and opening. However this fix is not working for others.

Any ideas.

How do you modify the minibike - I don't see anywhere to make or acquire additional mods but it appears to have 8 slots? Also, how do you modify clothing (not armor) like goggles or the Leather Duster?

Finally - what's best source of twine & acid - seem to be my limiters.

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

Can't modify vehicles, clothes only take dyes and twines you find most in the 'smaller' lootables like trash, nightstands, lockers, suitcases. Similar for acid but more like cabinets, trash and medical stuff. Also don't forget cardboard boxes and cars alike. (it's supposed to be somewhat rare loot)

Edited by mr.natural (see edit history)