Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Thanks to you both for your efforts and support.

Incidentally, should the meat cleaver be as rare as it is? now level 100 and day 48 with 2 hours days - no cleaver :(

Agree here - level 86+ and no cleaver. Can't even progress the class quests due to not being able to find one. It seems to be one of the rarest items in the entire game at this point. Needs tweaking so it's a lot easier to find.

Got a problem with the farm table. Won't let me make seeds from potatoes or corn even though I have the first two levels of skill necessary... Am I missing something obvious?

yes, more perks in living off the land :)

enjoy a world before potatos, expand your palette!

- - - Updated - - -

Agree here - level 86+ and no cleaver. Can't even progress the class quests due to not being able to find one. It seems to be one of the rarest items in the entire game at this point. Needs tweaking so it's a lot easier to find.

we've gotten several in our mp game by haunting kitchens, will check, but i think the rng is being mean to you guys :/

we've gotten several in our mp game by haunting kitchens, will check, but i think the rng is being mean to you guys :/

So I guess the question then becomes - does RH want to lock completion of class quests behind an item which it is possible to go an entire game (L1-L200+) without finding? I would think not. If I've read patch notes correctly it used to be craftable, and so obtainable at least with some effort involved. I'd recommend (based on my experience and hearing that of others in the topic) that it either be returned to craftable status, or have it's drop rate significantly altered.

As further information about my lack of a cleaver - I never miss an opportunity to loot a sink, an oven, a refrigerator, etc. Anything related to food and/or cooking is top priority for at least the first ~50 levels. It helps significantly with eating/drinking, acid for tires, etc. I also never turn down looting a trash can or trash bag, due to the possibility of finding treasure maps in them. The fact I find far more acid, cooking implements, treasure maps, etc than I do cleavers, supports the fact people think they are too rare.

So I guess the question then becomes - does RH want to lock completion of class quests behind an item which it is possible to go an entire game (L1-L200+) without finding? I would think not. If I've read patch notes correctly it used to be craftable, and so obtainable at least with some effort involved. I'd recommend (based on my experience and hearing that of others in the topic) that it either be returned to craftable status, or have it's drop rate significantly altered.

As further information about my lack of a cleaver - I never miss an opportunity to loot a sink, an oven, a refrigerator, etc. Anything related to food and/or cooking is top priority for at least the first ~50 levels. It helps significantly with eating/drinking, acid for tires, etc. I also never turn down looting a trash can or trash bag, due to the possibility of finding treasure maps in them. The fact I find far more acid, cooking implements, treasure maps, etc than I do cleavers, supports the fact people think they are too rare.

Im going to do my best here to explain why this is happening in a thorough and respectful manner, keeping in mind that most players have no idea how game mechanics, probabilities and loot lists work in 7 Days since A17. So bear with me.

Most of the times probabilities are a shot in the dark. They often do not mean anything. This has been a new issue in A17. Look at my Junk list for the perfect examples. Some things like signs are assigned a decent probability over rarer items, but people find mods way more than signs. Why? If we could tell you we would. It seems like no matter the probability the game reads the loot lists linear. So if acid is at the top, it will always have a chance first. Well you combine that with probabilities now you have an erratic and untrustworthy system.

As more loot gets added to the game some things get pushed down, either on purpose or through sheer accident. Still RNG is what it is. And the only TRUE test of RNG is the collection of dozens of player information and data and thats something we just do not have. This can lead to frustrating results.

As for the topic of the item being craftable because people need it for a quest or for crafting the simple answer is no. Ravenhearst is a long term game. You are nit meant to do quests in a matter of weeks. They should last full game and the rewards at the end should be end game type rewards. 5.1 fails in portions of this simply because we wanted to get you a product. Looking around I would say that me and Khaine did our damn best to get you guys something other than vanilla. Our mods are not complete and neither are our true vision. They were released because we wanted people to have options.

Things will be taking a major turn in 5.2. More extensive testing and balancing is expected. But RNG will always be RNG and RH will always have items that you need to persevere and scavenge to find. It was literally the goal behind the creation of the mod 2 plus years ago.

And for me it's quite opposite,in current game i feel that i am finding good items way too soon,like auger,nailgun(never crafted hammer),steel tools,also few cleavers,probably i had them by lvl ~30(loot options on default)

Those items i feel helped me too much to soon,some items i found BEFORE i crafted them felt really OP(destroyed them) so i instantly felt some boredom adding up,because i really enjoy to progress extremely slowly.

Those massive Wandering Hordes always find me and they stay near my base,even if i sit silently,probably it's intentional to make my life miserable,but i wished just for once that they would run nearby and away without stopping(like in vanilla game),to kill them is easy but takes lot of time,so i started cheating little bit,leaving and continuing a game(they dissapear) also changed XP gain to 25%,because player level goes up pretty fast when you kill big hordes.

Just few personal not so important notices of mine.

The mod is simply outstanding,even if/when some people find they don't like one or two things,because other 1000 things they like makes them sooo happy(like me) :) honest thank you RH team for making good game 3x good :)

Edited by PrivateHudson (see edit history)

FANTASTIC news on the wandering traders. Im also most likely going to unleash your bandits upon my victims as well :)

I thought the amount seemed pretty decent, but I guess i can see instances where people may want to add to it? Thats a number that you know best about. We have the TV and the Theater Screen, each plays a different set of videos as a placeholder for players who may want to add their own. 5 would be a great number but its by no means a priority thing. I can always slip it in to a future update :)

Would be nice to see a TV which takes a youtube link to playback.

Those massive Wandering Hordes always find me and they stay near my base,even if i sit silently,probably it's intentional to make my life miserable,but i wished just for once that they would run nearby and away without stopping(like in vanilla game)

That is vanilla wandering horde behavior. They set a path towards where you are when they spawn. They walk slightly away from it and transform into a loitering horde. RH makes em huge tho. :)

That is vanilla wandering horde behavior. They set a path towards where you are when they spawn. They walk slightly away from it and transform into a loitering horde. RH makes em huge tho. :)

At least they can't startle you by punching from the rear silently like some lone Z's,you just wach how sudenly fps drops from 60 to 40 :(:D

Then tell me how to make glass jars for the mortar.

It wont let me make them even though i have 1000s of glass and clay in forge with a mold in there......

I just found out you can craft Brick blocks in the workbench. And mortar needs jars filled with clean water also crafted in the workbench ;)

One of my billboards has a URL option...TVs could too, but that URL has to be configured in Unity just like the directory path used on the TVs.

Hmmm, but that does mean only one video can be played cause its hardcoded. I wish the client could enter a url to view a video.

I use "youtube exploded" (nuget / .NET standart) for grabbing videos. Maybe this could work as an workaround to grab a video and then play it.

Well we must be playing different mods or different version or something. Crafting bricks and jars can only be done for me in the blacksmith forge. Cheated in ofcourse to see if it would even work. Workbench has recipes blacked out and for jars says missing mold. Forge is worthless and cant craft them. xd Im playing on 5.01 or whatever it is for 17.1 not 17.2

Well we must be playing different mods or different version or something. Crafting bricks and jars can only be done for me in the blacksmith forge. Cheated in ofcourse to see if it would even work. Workbench has recipes blacked out and for jars says missing mold. Forge is worthless and cant craft them. xd Im playing on 5.01 or whatever it is for 17.1 not 17.2

I'm talking about 5.13 yes, jars are made in the blacksmith forge, also in 5.0x

@JAX - I just found the Meat Cleaver and have advanced to the point in the final quest where I need to complete the Survival Journal.

I have the 2 halves of the journal but it's also asking for an Empty Survival Journal which requires a "journal_cover". I doubt I have to find the journal_cover and I cannot make it.

Is this a bug?

i finally got it set up but i have a few errors in console when booting up and i think a few things didn't load in the game.

in the log at lines 96-114 the first error I noticed was: "Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/phil/Desktop/7d2d_mods/Alpha17/Ravenhearst/Ravenhearst_5_1_Vanilla_Textures_A17_2_Edition/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Mono/libc".

Then around lines 140-177 I got this error: "2019-04-28T04:58:47 6.193 WRN Sprite rhmmbtn1 has incorrect resolution 24385, expected 11680"

And finally around lines 433-460 I got this error:"2019-04-28T04:59:02 21.244 WRN XML patch for "XUi/xui.xml" from mod "S420_SimpleUI-CraftingQueue" did not apply: <set xpath="/xui/ruleset[@name=default]/window_group[@name=workstation_cntRetroOvenWorking]/window[@name=windowCraftingQueue]/@name"" what did I do wrong?

https://pastebin.com/pkp4YyTU

Edited by philfromqueens (see edit history)