Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I ve the problem that textures are shown as qorst quality level ... but I play on highest settings. I remember there was a fix for this bug ... But I dont remeber what it was. - Has someone a hint for me ? - Thx ?

Turn off Texture Streaming.

So I am at day 56 and level 111. Been through Dishong & Higashi towers. On Dishong, I am 2 level from roof and haven't yet encountered a zombie - is there something going on with these 2 POIs? Higashi I encountered very few and only very near roof.

I have a question. I am on day 6, level 13, Alpha 17.2 RH5.13.

I was in the forest biome killing zeds and as the last one (an infected mother) was walking towards me, I heard a voice. It was like she was talking to me. I couldn't quite make out what the voice was saying but it was definitely her talking or associated with her. It was very creepy and cool at the same time if you know what I mean.

I kept about a 3 block distance from her as this voice was talking. Once it stopped, I started smacking her with the police baton and on the 3rd or 4th hit she turned farel and was in my face instantly. Fortunately I was able to pull out the ole trusty shotgun and put her down.

In Khaine's DF overhaul I have had the deathstalker tell me "you will suffer" as he's chasing me but never had a regular zombie talk like that before.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, does anyone know what the voice was saying? I couldn't quite make it out. Gave me chills and it was so awesome I can't stop thinking about it. Hoping to have a another encounter like this again soon.

Loving RH, it's absolutely fantastic!

Edited by Wicked_SVT_Bolt (see edit history)

So I am at day 56 and level 111. Been through Dishong & Higashi towers. On Dishong, I am 2 level from roof and haven't yet encountered a zombie - is there something going on with these 2 POIs? Higashi I encountered very few and only very near roof.

There must be a wandering horde out there, there is a max on number of Z's ingame.

There must be a wandering horde out there, there is a max on number of Z's ingame.

Hmm. That could be it, but what is happening is that the zeds are not there when I first clear the floor, but when I go up, then come back down they are there. Very odd.

Also, can anyone confirm the "Empty Survival Journal" component for the last combine with the 2 halves? Stuck again.

Thanks.

Couple of other observations:

1. Light armor skill says increases rating, but I don't see that happening according to the stats in the windows.

2. I have yet to be infected - I "feel something coming on" many times, but nothing ever takes hold.

3. What do I do with the mature chicken that's wandering on his bedding?

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

Hmm. That could be it, but what is happening is that the zeds are not there when I first clear the floor, but when I go up, then come back down they are there. Very odd.

Also, can anyone confirm the "Empty Survival Journal" component for the last combine with the 2 halves? Stuck again.

Thanks.

Couple of other observations:

1. Light armor skill says increases rating, but I don't see that happening according to the stats in the windows.

2. I have yet to be infected - I "feel something coming on" many times, but nothing ever takes hold.

3. What do I do with the mature chicken that's wandering on his bedding?

Z's spawning odd is a vanilla issue.

The empty survival journal you have to read to start a quest (also read the instructions carefully).

1. They do work but I can't give you an explanation. (I use military armour mostly. I'll try next time steel armour to see if there is a big difference)

2. Again a vanilla issue, Madmole was saying he was going to redo that system. It's a bit borked.

3. Kill it for meat, not really exciting I know. Maybe the next update it'll change.

Edited by mr.natural (see edit history)

The empty survival journal you have to read to start a quest (also read the instructions carefully).

Thanks for info. However, I don't have this anymore - that went away 57 game days ago? Where do I get this to complete final stage of main quest line???

I am at level 159 and have a problem. I get the message:

"You must reach the required level bevore increasing your attribute"

... when I trie to spend more skillpoints in "Archery" or "Firearms" both are

at level 3 now. - Is this a bug ?

http://puu.sh/DlRye/ae29551e26.jpg

EDIT1:

OK, I think the reason is that I decided to choose melee class. The firearms and archery chapters are

not reachable anymore I think.

I noticed some quests are broken. More later...

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

Hi guys!

I installed Rh on newest version in 7d2d mod launcher and can't start a new World.

At the point, where the game is building the chunks for the map, i get a error message in the console:

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is not in range"

is there any way to fix this?

Weird. I'm at the mission where I need to craft a farm table. I have the parts. But it says I don't know the recipe. WTF?

Have you put a point in Farm Production under the Survivalist tab? The first point unlocks the ability to craft it.

Any pictures showing the diff between the vanilla textures and the 2k pack that supposedly looks worse than vanilla? (at least thats how I understood it from the first post).

not handy no, but there is no hd in 5.1 for 17.2, here's a post i did a bit back explaining it a bit better:

on a17.1 texture streaming is in the game, but there is no user options to enable/disable it, and it is default enabled.

ravenhearst and hdhq together was too much of a beast, so the texture streaming kicked in and created blurry textures in some places.

on 17.2 you can disable texture streaming, but 5.1 does not have a built in hdhq option.

for rh v5.2 whenever it is ready, you will have the option for hdhq again, and also to be able to disable texture streaming via the game.

we find in testing disabling the texture streaming with rh and hdhq enabled, brings memory use up to near where it was in a16, so some systems may struggle with it. i'm personally on a mid range system (gtx970, amd 8320, 24g ram) and run it great with it disabled.

some of the big offenders were like the sealed store crates with the logos on them, older game assets like doors and backpacks. bunch more don't recall off the top of my head. edit- some people saw decreased textures in hand held items like wooden clubs etc.

-----

if anyone wants to join us on discord, we do indeed have kool-aid.

e6152bbb0a.jpg

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3

Edited by sinda
editing mood, apparently (see edit history)

Hi guys!

I installed Rh on newest version in 7d2d mod launcher and can't start a new World.

At the point, where the game is building the chunks for the map, i get a error message in the console:

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is not in range"

is there any way to fix this?

Try reinstalling.

I ve reached level 180 with my character and want to share my expieriance (Ravenhears V5.12 + Sorcery V0.7).

First of all this is mod is one of the well balaced ones it one of the best you can find. Because it adds much content to the game. Its even more fun to play with Sorcery. I like the additional content. It has the "7 days to die" typical level prgression (to hard at the beginning and to soft at level 40/50). Leveling in a group is much to easy. I wish XP sharing would be gone. Its even more easy to gain level if you have a base with traps. Because even traps (tested Blades) will give you and the group XP. That combinde with the group XP share is one of the big disadvantages. I know the discussion about getting recipes by loot (random) and "buying" everything with XP. After getting level 180 and looting thousands of cars to get a crowbar without sucess I realy wish there would be a third way to get things if you were unlucky with looting. I could not build a single car/ride because of the missing crowbar. This is NOT fun. Some smaller issues with missions (broaken) can be easy fixed and doesnt affect the gamepIay. Another wish I had would be enemies of another shape than the usual zombie has. The custom running zombies are great, sometimes to hard if they are many at once. Dont get me wrong, the mod it great. I reported more of the "dark side" because I hope for a fix.

EDIT: One big bug is realy annoing: Zombies will not spawn in poi s or they will spawn if you are minutes inside the poi. I am not sure with the reason but I thing this may be because the maximum size of a hord takes all slots of the given server maximum. So if we have a hord you get the problem = no spaces for zed spawning in pois.

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

uhmm ...

question may be stupid, but

is there a special reason, why a moderator have to aprove a Message befor posting? ض_ِ

don't know why, but my message was looked over by a moderator

That's normal for the first posts for everyone .

A measure against bots I think.

uhmm ...

question may be stupid, but

is there a special reason, why a moderator have to aprove a Message befor posting? ض_ِ

don't know why, but my message was looked over by a moderator

It's only for the first few as well. As said above, just to make sure you're real.