Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Good day to everyone.

I love the elevators but I see a couple of problems:

The most advanced, when you build it, notify the server through the chat that you have put it. Can you avoid that message or be private?

that would be whatever server tools is being run by the server that you play on, that's not a part of the mod doing that.

ie "server tools", or "botman" like things.

the big elevator i think is caused by the landclaim block, that only you can use it. we almost removed it but, but people really wanted it left in, even though it's buggy.

some of these little "included mods" by the community, are cool, but don't always work as well on MP for whatever reason.

kind of like the "customized" storage box, enough people like it even with its quirks, so we leave it in :)

- - - Updated - - -

why not make the saw a droppable item?

it is lootable, currently in hardware type loot. going to be including "cardboard box" loot, so should hopefully pop up a bit more.

1. I used to play True Survival all the time and the thing was...there was water around to take a bath. I love that you added that mechanic in your mod but maybe a tweak on stage times? due to the fact that large bodies of water being more limited compared to that mod.

2. Someone has probably suggested this but I'm late to the dance. Can average Joe be a special class for us single players. Maybe just a reduction in Class key crafting or a doubling of learning point given per level...or both.

Love this mod... Thank You so much for creating.

1. there are sooo many poi's with water there really shouldn't be a problem. we've seen a lot of maps with bodies of water, if you prefer that, maybe just quick peek your seeds to look for blue?

2. average joe is made to be a *harder* class as you start with no class, and nearly nothing in the way of boons to start. have gotten a lot of good feedback on it for the people that wanted a rougher start.

i've heard from some sp gamers that granting themselves an extra class to start helped bridge that gap for players that didn't have a lot of time, or just felt it was a bit too hard.

we've also added in the patch the wet towel buff (rinsing off) to the tub and jacuzzi, you still need to find the schematic and build them.

hope that helps, glad you're enjoying!

I'm playing with OSX and after every restart of the game I have to change the shortcut for menu from esc to something different and ingame change to default again. May it helps

I did not understand what to change, where to change?

Bobby's Treasure Map - Quest Failed

I was playing with a friend, and we were heading to find the treasure to see what they provide in the mod. When i reached the area where the chest would be, with shovel in hand, it appeared above the ground and then crashed to the ground breaking! Immediately it said the quest was failed! We've never seen this happen in vanilla, or in any other mod! Is this a known bug? What are the odds of this sort of thing happening again?

sinda When you press ESC, the game is not paused (playing in SP). Why did you do it and how to fix it?

Found a bug Minor Infection is not being treated.

As to pausing the game, make sure you actually are in single player before you start the game. A lot of times people think they are but are not.

Minor Infection will go away with antibiotics, rest, and a bunch of other stuff but it takes time. The "Recovering" buff is what you want as that will lower your infection until it's gone for a while.

Minor Infection will go away with antibiotics, rest, and a bunch of other stuff but it takes time. The "Recovering" buff is what you want as that will lower your infection until it's gone for a while.

I have the infection did not pass within 7 days. It's definitely not working right. I was taking medicine, taking a bath and resting on the bed

The addition of Minor Infection was to resemble real world experience (you get no benefits for having it). Infections develop anti-bodies to combat future infections, there is no guarantee you will not get them in the future, but you can recover faster from them each time you get one partly because you know how to take care of yourself better. In RH4, if you have to go thru the same long recovery process every time you are infected, it can get rather annoying.

Adding a bath, jacuzzi, shower and hot tub will help tremendously. Having watch several shows about the zombie apocalypse, I have yet to see daily baths/showers. That doesnt make it alright to dish out a minor infection because you skipped a few showers/bathes. Being smelly is one thing thats prolly normal everyday 80% of the time. I really like the concept of the infection, but its too easy to get vs to hard (@impatient folk) to get rid of and you do have the bonus of it all being taxing on medical supplies. I would imagine priority should be preventing it from getting worse, not curing it. So eating honey or taking anti-biotics should not only stop it form getting worse but should stop it it from taking health/stamina but continue to burn lots of calories to keep it at bay.

A17 should help Jax(+team) develop a method of resistance, not treat, against that repetitive annoyance. I hope.

Edit: I posted this while I was sleeping...almost. So let me add, The buckets are in game can we use them for a "rinse off" when we are dirty, not a bath or clean, just a rinse to remove dirty and back to normal.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

I must admit I haven’t played much due to lack of time to do so but I would like to dime in my two cents on the dirty system. I do like it but I feel it should be somewhat redesigned.

As from what I have understood and how it was last I played was that you over time get dirtier and dirtier and in the end it culminates in an infection.

I would rather it was redesigned so that there was no infection guarantee from being dirty alone but rather so that depending on the level of dirtyness if you drink, eat or get injured there will be a % chance of catching an infection.

Also depending on the severity of the injury the chance is increased. For instance a bleed out while grimy would almost certainly get you infected.

This would, in my opinion, make the dirty system more unpredictable and dynamic than the way it was last I played.

Now, as I said I haven’t really played RH4 much, nor looked in the files so there is a chance this is the way it works but I just wanted to chime in on it :-)

-S

Just bath every other day and you will never get it. At least it works for me last 20+ days.

i got the infection 3 real life minutes after the nice and clean buff ran out. Someone else on the server didn't get an infection even with being dirty for days

I can't do the Basic Survival quest #13. Please tell me what exactly door I need to pick lock? My pick locks are not working at any doors. (

It is the simple wood door with the brass doorknop. Easy to find in cities.

But a few days ago i asked myself the same question.:uncomfortableness:

Another thing was that you need to hold the kit in your hand and NOT the lock pick!

Edited by Jimmy_James (see edit history)

My only issue so far is the abundance of spectacular structures and objects in every in tin pot town. In the few maps I've looked at, every town had a cathedral, a castle outside the town limits, and a nuclear power station nearby.

Could do with them either made rarer, or restricted to bigger towns.

I like to wash in cathedrals. More precisely the fountains behind them. Please make them more common. (Im kidding).

More seriously, please fix steel >.> I have kludged something together myself, by changing the forge type of scrap carbon to carbon, and making it a 10% chance to drop up to 3 from stone, while changing the forge weight of a single piece of scrap carbon to 20... but monkying with xml's really feels like cheating and I would prefer to play something proper.

Hi there i did a search in this tread but nothing comes up...so how does the beehive work ? i have made it , have 10 bees in my hand but says repair or missing parts ? but when i use the stone axe on it by right clicking its hows the bees with a red X so am i missing something here ?

1. there are sooo many poi's with water there really shouldn't be a problem. we've seen a lot of maps with bodies of water, if you prefer that, maybe just quick peek your seeds to look for blue?

2. average joe is made to be a *harder* class as you start with no class, and nearly nothing in the way of boons to start. have gotten a lot of good feedback on it for the people that wanted a rougher start.

i've heard from some sp gamers that granting themselves an extra class to start helped bridge that gap for players that didn't have a lot of time, or just felt it was a bit too hard.

we've also added in the patch the wet towel buff (rinsing off) to the tub and jacuzzi, you still need to find the schematic and build them.

hope that helps, glad you're enjoying!

Yeah now that i put some time in its not a problem anymore.

@AdrianVaughan

I believe it works by having bees in your inventory and wielding a hammer or wrench. Who knew bees were so difficult to put into a hive???

@Bigrowdy

You have to find your first anvil. working stiffs boxes, garages, construction sites, those sorts of places.

Patch 4.0.3 Release Date 7/24/2018

-Diamond Pickaxe was not able to mine carbon, power attack and performance was off.

-Made carbon more abundant from stone, also made carbon harvestable from boulders.

-Smelting carbon returned iron in the forge, now gives carbon in the forge.

-Stainless steel rounded corner was the wrong shape.

-Full corner upgrade path was broken.

-Chicken Coops, Beehives, Animal Traps, and Composters would never enter final harvest stage.

-Farmer quest stage 14 was not able to be completed.

-Version number will now display on menu.

-Anvil can now be crafted in regular forge.

-Ingredients for Concrete Mix have been reduced and Quest updated to reflect

-Steel Crafting Time Reduced

We apologize for the issues people are having. As Discord knows and has been kept updated on there is a HUGE patch coming down the pike, with over 150 changes, fixes and balances. It includes new assets, headshots on custom models, new rwg and fixes, more pois, and a ton more. We are currently testing it. It will be released soon. We are available daily there for updates and discussions. So if you have not joined our Discord I urge you to do so.

Ravenhearst Mod

Hello, first, sorry if you can't understand me properly, english is not my native langage :)

I would like to ask people where to find a "Gas tank", to craft the "Cement mixer", I searched all over the world, I'm Day 75 and I didn't find it yet...

Help please :D

Hello, I've been searching for hours now, I'm day 76 and I haven't found a "gas tank" to craft the "cement mixer", I don't know where I have to search, but I searched cars, boxes... Impossible to get a single one !

Help me please :smile-new: