Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Ravenhearst 4.1 Mini Review

Let's get down to it. First, I have 6666 hours played on 7 Days to Die, so I think I know the game well. I bought the game in December 2014 (A10.1, updated to A10.2 a few days later). To this day, I have not found a game that I love as much as I love 7 Days to Die.

A REVIEW of RAVENHEARST 4.1

The positive: There isn't any!

The negative: Too much to fit all in here!

WAIT!!! That's not right!!!

Seriously, this is my favorite mod. You still feel like you're playing 7 Days to Die. Nothing wrong with other mods (Starvation, Medieval for example), but I want zombies, not Tigers, rhinos and horses; or a Skyrim clone... Sorry Gup!). And there's plenty of zombies, almost unbearable at first, but once you get into it, it just feels right.

For single players, this is a slow progression mod (I hate you JAX! :biggrin-new:), but it's not a bad thing really, just something to get used too.

Some of the new zombies are pretty awesome; I like the skeletons and other nighttime zombies a lot; some look better than the vanilla zombies; the animation could use some work on some of them.

The new POIs are nice. I love the flatter landscape; you can build just about anywhere; that's a problem in vanilla right now, too much elevation (I mean some roads go up 45 degrees! The minibike struggles to get up those vanilla roads).

Less grass is also a good thing, easier to see stuff on the ground. Speaking of grass (Ha Ha!); that is my one thing I don't like, the drug related stuff, it just isn't my thing, plus it's not needed at all in this game, should be replaced with something useful.

The funny thing with this mod is, I don't die in the first few days, but get wrecked later on when I get too confident.

People with slow, old computers will have a hard time with this one, compared to vanilla 7 Days to Die, since there's so much stuff in it. But of course, you want a gaming computer to play computer games, not some low grade laptop only good enough to access websites.

All in all, great mod. Thanks Jax and all who contributed to Ravenhearst for all the hard work… Now, it's time to start a new game with version 4.2

Can't wait to see Ravenhearst on Alpha 17... It can only get better!

P.S.: Ravenhearst 4.2 is just as great, if not better. (Added on 06 August 2018)

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

I've tried a complete delete/uninstall/reinstall and I am still receiving this error. Any ideas?

Exception: Block with name 'Butterflies_01' not found!

at WorldBiomes.HZ (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.GZ (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.QZ (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+LU.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

something isn't installing correctly, you can try these steps and see if you get better results

https://i.imgur.com/XBjSyEO.jpg

these instructions work with ANY mod via the launcher, so please anyone, feel free to pass it along and help others wherever they are.

Thank you so much for your review Space4Ace. Amazing read.

Ok there was a HUGE mix up last night in the rwgmixer which resulted in the WRONG mixer being posted on the launcher. I deeply apologize for this. 100 percent my fault. The launcher has now been properly updated.

That said I need to walk away for a bit. It has been a tremendously stressful and long 9 plus months of working on this mod, both here in public and behind the scenes before we even released.

Thanks to all for understanding, and for the ones we have lost I also apologize. When 17 releases I will head into it with fresh eyes. I'll be around, but I am stopping all work on any mod having to do with 7 days, including bug fixing and balancing. 4.2 is the final version of RH on A16.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

Thank you so much for your review Space4Ace. Amazing read.

Ok there was a HUGE mix up last night in the rwgmixer which resulted in the WRONG mixer being posted on the launcher. I deeply apologize for this. 100 percent my fault. The launcher has now been properly updated.

That said I need to walk away for a bit. It has been a tremendously stressful and long 9 plus months of working on this mod, both here in public and behind the scenes before we even released.

Thanks to all for understanding, and for the ones we have lost I also apologize. When 17 releases I will head into it with fresh eyes. I'll be around, but I am stopping all work on any mod having to do with 7 days, including bug fixing and balancing. 4.2 is the final version of RH on A16.

You deserve a break. You've done so much with Ravenhearst. More than most people, you must know how it feels to be in The Fun Pimps shoes right now. Lots of pressure from many people who don't know what it's like to create, and have things not working the way you want to sometimes.

Thank you so much for all your work. I started Ravenhearst 4.2 this afternoon and I'm really enjoying it.

-Building path now makes more sense. There are three tiers. Each tier will break back into itself and will destroy on that first tier. The tiers are Tier 1 - Wood/Iron Tier 2 - Cobble/Flag/Brick/Concrete1 Tier 3 - Concrete2/Steel/Stainless

What exactly did this do? I thought it let me build 3 separate tiers starting from their starting block (wood, cobble, rebar). But it's not the case. This is a huge hindrance to any building required major amount of _wasted_ resources and time.

JaxTeller718 The trader's interface is broken. Early to leave.

JaxTeller718 will not be working on Ravenhearst anymore for A16 (including bug fixing). He will start working on Ravenhearst after Alpha 17 comes out.

Here's his reply: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod&p=831688&viewfull=1#post831688

The last part of the message:

"When 17 releases I will head into it with fresh eyes. I'll be around, but I am stopping all work on any mod having to do with 7 days, including bug fixing and balancing. 4.2 is the final version of RH on A16. "

Hope that helps.

JaxTeller718 will not be working on Ravenhearst anymore for A16 (including bug fixing). He will start working on Ravenhearst after Alpha 17 comes out.

Here's his reply: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod&p=831688&viewfull=1#post831688

The last part of the message:

"When 17 releases I will head into it with fresh eyes. I'll be around, but I am stopping all work on any mod having to do with 7 days, including bug fixing and balancing. 4.2 is the final version of RH on A16. "

Hope that helps.

I'm not blind. How did they test the mod if they missed it? Early to leave!

Guys, I'm trying to play Ravenhearst for the first time and I'm getting the same error in every server I try to enter: an exception about not finding the block butterflies_01. I tried 3 servers already and downloaded pretty much all the versions available in the launcher. Went for a clean install, didn't help. My last try was by manually downloading the 4.2 version here and got to the same problem.

Does anyone happen to know wth is this block? I thought it could be from an older version and maybe servers didn't update?

Creating a server on my own works btw.

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, guess I answered my own question. Was looking for a server that had the info it was 4.2 and now could test it, worked. Would LOVE a tip on which version has that butterflies_01 block tho, because the nearby servers give me that problem.

Edited by danielspoa (see edit history)

Would LOVE a tip on which version has that butterflies_01 block tho, because the nearby servers give me that problem.

It's been added in RH4.0. If you seeing this problem your install is broken. Try reinstalling it again with modlauncher as shown here: https://imgur.com/XBjSyEO

If you doing manual install, you must start with vanilla A16.4 version.

Great mod, except for the fact that traders are unprotected. Only finding destroyed trader posts with no trader. So essentially you're playing a game with no traders, which takes a lot of the fun out of it. Will try the mod again if this changes.

The traders can be fixed by editing the five trader prefab files (data\prefabs\settlement_trader_01.xml through settlement_trader_05.xml). Enable the commented out section by removing "<!--" and "-->" from all five trader prefabs. Also, change the TraderArea property from False to True in the same files.

I recently made these fixes since only two of ten cities I have found so far had traders buildings and both had dead/missing traders when discovered. Without an official fix this is a solution to have traders. Otherwise cash and coin are worthless. I look forward to discovering a living trader.

It's been added in RH4.0. If you seeing this problem your install is broken. Try reinstalling it again with modlauncher as shown here: https://imgur.com/XBjSyEO

If you doing manual install, you must start with vanilla A16.4 version.

thanks for ur answer

unfortunately I already installed the vanilla from zero (I bought an SSD so clean install), tried installing 3 versions from the mod launcher:

- RH 41 7 day horde edition

- RH 4 7 day horde edition

- RH 4 21 day horde streamer edition

none of these worked. Tried copying my steam 7dtd folder and manually installying the copy from this post, same problem. As I said I searched for a server with the 4.2 version in the name and that specifically worked, but the servers listed with lower ping all show the same problem. There's a guy in the other page reporting the same error..

EDIT: typo

EDIT2: A thing I noticed is that the 4.1 versions on the launcher say 4.2 in their descriptions. All of them also are said to be for single player, is this normal?

Edited by danielspoa (see edit history)

What exactly broken about it? It looked fine to me. Mod did change some categories. But show all, and secret stash should still have all the items.

Missing some tabs, respectively, not shown part of the goods (see in the General tab). The other tabs are duplicated. In the third version was fine.

The traders can be fixed by editing the five trader prefab files (data\prefabs\settlement_trader_01.xml through settlement_trader_05.xml). Enable the commented out section by removing "<!--" and "-->" from all five trader prefabs. Also, change the TraderArea property from False to True in the same files.

You can not do this. Falling errors - you can not play.

I recently made these fixes since only two of ten cities I have found so far had traders buildings and both had dead/missing traders when discovered. Without an official fix this is a solution to have traders. Otherwise cash and coin are worthless. I look forward to discovering a living trader.

At day 36 I never saw a trader, broken or not. So you are lucky.

The Quest: Those We Loved, required "Holding your starting Firearm"

Anybody knows which this starting firearm is?

Solved, I found it:

<requirement type="Holding" id="gunPistol"/>

<requirement type="Holding" id="gunMP5"/>

<requirement type="Holding" id="gunSawedOffPumpShotgun"/>

Edited by narimbur (see edit history)

Ravenhearst Mod - Game crashes after a few seconds of starting...

Hi, I'm having a really hard time getting this mod to work. It loads fine now (after some messing around) but I am only in the game a few seconds and it crashes. Open map - crash / fire an arrow - crash / Pause the game - crash / turn around - crash. You get the idea.....

I am using 7D2D mod installer trying to run latest version of the 21 day horde mode. I am copying a version of the game from the original install as it suggests (Steam download of the game doesn't do anything for me in the mod manager).

I will post the log when I get home tonight I just wanted to get this post started.

Please, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I've played 7D2D around 600 hours since alpha 15 and I was really looking forward to the extra challenge.

Thanks

Missing some tabs, respectively, not shown part of the goods (see in the General tab). The other tabs are duplicated. In the third version was fine.

Mod changed categories of many items. Think they tried to reduce lag on other stations. You should still be able to buy everything from show all and secret stash tabs.

- - - Updated - - -

unfortunately I already installed the vanilla from zero (I bought an SSD so clean install), tried installing 3 versions from the mod launcher:

- RH 41 7 day horde edition

- RH 4 7 day horde edition

- RH 4 21 day horde streamer edition

none of these worked.

Did mod launcher had any errors? Also, are you installing into separate directory structure as suggested by that image (ex: c:\7D2D)?

And are you trying to play SP or join a server?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm having a really hard time getting this mod to work. It loads fine now (after some messing around) but I am only in the game a few seconds and it crashes. Open map - crash / fire an arrow - crash / Pause the game - crash / turn around - crash. You get the idea.....

How much memory does your PC have? Also, check the log (default 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt) for any obvious errors. Might also upload to pastebin.com and post link here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed while mining for some iron... 150QL stone pick. I get the same amount of ore whether digging through rock or iron ore [every 5th or 6th swing]. But when in stone, I get stone and carbon as well on the in between swings.

Is this correct?

Sounds about right (at least the way it was in RH3). Using stone tools in this mod is an extreme PITA. Until you get at least an iron pickaxe just avoid special ores.

Hello all, i know i have been pretty scarce here but later tonight i'm going to catch up on everyone posts and answer all the questions I can.

With 17 being delayed to who knows when we are currently working on another patch that will see more balances and fixes and also we are PROUD to announce we are working on a Single Player version of the mod that solo players can enjoy if they so choose to.

How much memory does your PC have? Also, check the log (default 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt) for any obvious errors. Might also upload to pastebin.com and post link here.

Hi, thanks for your reply...

My PC has 16gb of RAM so I don't think that's the issue... I have now tried a clean install of the game including clearing out Appdata/Roaming folder. Now the game CTD whilst building the game world :miserable:

I will upload my log files when I get a chance.

Silly question, but I notice in Jax's post he says they will work on a single player version. Should I only run this mod as a MP game?

Thanks