A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Toolbelt is being fixed.

Your buff complaint makes no sense as they are the exact same size as vanilla and only the text was removed (which is coming back) and a background (still black) added...

Vanilla only has health and stamina bars, not food and water, so this makes no sense.

As for filling up the screen, there is nothing added in the HUD to cause that.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have some comments about the new GUI. Why can't we see the wetness % (number) like before? Also, why is the day/hour on the bottom left side? It looks better on top like in vanilla. Lastly, overall the new GUI looks too advanced/mechanized and looks like it should only appear when you wear the exosuit. Overall I like it except for those 2 main issues I described above.

:upset: NEED SUPPORT :upset:

When loading Starvation, game is stuck on "Loading Game Data" but when i play Vanilla, everything works just fine and i can play.

Hey there, when I was starting out, I was having some trouble, so that it actually loaded the game but in vanilla state. I finally found out that for me only one of the launchers worked. When you go here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&p=481970&viewfull=1#post481970 there are three launchers. If I chose the first one, I have an additional pop-up box with three buttons "go to" "play"... and if I click on "play" there it works.

First run it will download and install the mod (around 900 Mb-ish) did it do that at all for you? I'm asking because pressing other buttons play or using other launchers never did that for me.

What makes me think this could be a related issue? When I was using the one-click thing first (hey one click sounds exactly like my level of expertise program, but alas, the 7dtd was actually more one-clicky) and chose the settings I thought were right, launching the game made me stuck on loading game data for ages (talking like 20+ Minutes) still to no avail.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

I have some comments about the new GUI. Why can't we see the wetness % (number) like before? Also, why is the day/hour on the bottom left side? It looks better on top like in vanilla. Lastly, overall the new GUI looks too advanced/mechanized and looks like it should only appear when you wear the exosuit. Overall I like it except for those 2 main issues I described above.

1. Text was removed. Its coming back.

There is a total of 9 stats tracked on the HUD as opposed to 2 in vanilla, Space is an issue.

The 4 stats (sanity/radiation/addiction/fatigue) are the same length as the compass. The time (once progressed) is the same width as the main (health/stamina/food/water) stat bars.

The time also, unlike vanilla, is shown in the backpack when you do inventory. Leaving it in the default position it is no longer visible when in inventory.

1. Text was removed. Its coming back.

There is a total of 9 stats tracked on the HUD as opposed to 2 in vanilla, Space is an issue.

The 4 stats (sanity/radiation/addiction/fatigue) are the same length as the compass. The time (once progressed) is the same width as the main (health/stamina/food/water) stat bars.

The time also, unlike vanilla, is shown in the backpack when you do inventory. Leaving it in the default position it is no longer visible when in inventory.

I like the HUD UI, its definetly better than the old one, however i have a suggestion to make, we should have the temperature in the hud as well like the hud on other mods, it helps a lot to know when you are getting close to the thresholds when you have to swap gear, please consider adding it. Thanks.

I like the HUD UI, its definetly better than the old one, however i have a suggestion to make, we should have the temperature in the hud as well like the hud on other mods, it helps a lot to know when you are getting close to the thresholds when you have to swap gear, please consider adding it. Thanks.

Agreed, the feels-like temperature is the only bit of info that's really missing on the new UI. Also, I generally prefer UIs that show the active buff duration, but I can also see how it probably would look less "sleek", unless Dust2Death finds a way to integrate it well.

I am having the same issue. Any ideas of how to fix this? We have tried to blow him up (tnt) shoot him... nothing hurts him. I spawned him in and started getting the error as soon as he was in the world. Its just two of us playing on our server and both of us are getting it. We cant play. Please help.

I've encountered the same problem with the Zombie Bear Pet. I solved it using the following console commands:

1. LISTENTS to get the Entity ID of the Zombie Bear Pet

2. KILL [EntityID]

This solved the issue for me, unfortunately it requires admin rights on the server.

So I was off adventuring yesterday in my SP world and I found something very interesting - not sure who's discovered this yet so going to put it in a spoiler, but Morte or Xyth maybe you can answer a question I have about this conundrum... :D

So, I ventured around a town and found myself near one of those silos. Now that rubber pieces are found more frequently in cardboard boxes (and I know that the silo usually has lots of them) I thought great, let's go there and see if I can get myself a bit more rubber or scrap so I can make myself some more. So as usual I hopped over the gate and proceeded to start killing the military zeds on the surface that spawned.

Then things got... NUTS. I heard a zombie bear down in the silo and I could hear it fighting all the other zombies and waking them up. I knew the zeds won eventually because the bear stopped making noise, however I was hearing some very weird noises... and before I knew it a headless zombie was running up trying to kill me. The rez boss was down there somewhere and that explains how the bear didn't kill all the zeds... well crap. So I had to make sure to destroy all the bodies as I went so he couldn't regenerate them...

So, proceeded down and found a couple of girl and bikini zeds - those are creepy. Killed them all and knew the main action was in the kitchen area. At this point I could hear the rez boss, many radiated wights, and... something new. I'd never heard this sound before and all of a sudden I found my character being slowed to a crawl. My leg was fine, but... I looked in the kitchen and behind the 2 wights that rushed me, I saw... MORTELENTUS! And he didn't look good. He was puking on me and letting the rads catch up to me. So needless to say I got out of there and went to the lower floor to try ambushing from the other way, thinking there couldn't possibly be worse underneath that area...

But I was wrong to go that way. There was not only another radiated wight at the bottom, but a rad gorilla! And not to mention the rez boss was still restoring some of the rad zeds as I killed them making the whole thing super difficult to get through. All kinds of builders and soldiers mixed in with the bunch. Eventually found a couple of doc zeds and even a clown in the back where the munitions box was behind the stairs. Finally managed to kill them all after about 30 minutes of fighting, until only Morte and the rez boss was left.

Thankfully the rez boss got stuck between a door so I took him out easily with my crossbow, and finally got up to kill Morte as well. He actually didn't notice me sneak back in but there was a lady zed with no limbs and no head trying to get me as well. Took her out and then, one crossbow bolt to the head finally took him out (although I had previously peppered him with the MG4 in a blind panic) and down he went... But on looting him, he had zippo on him :(

So I learned 2 things

- Steel armour is BEAST

- Avoid that place when looking for rubber

And so... is killing Mortelentus meant to be a quest you do or does he have anything special you can get from him? Needless to say my gun collection grew by a fair margin that day... :D

Agreed, the feels-like temperature is the only bit of info that's really missing on the new UI. Also, I generally prefer UIs that show the active buff duration, but I can also see how it probably would look less "sleek", unless Dust2Death finds a way to integrate it well.

Active buffs work differently to the pop out buffs. Using active buffs you cant ( for sake of words) , "skin", that easily as empty cells are still shown on screen even if no information is present, unlike the pop outs. Generally when the active buff timers are bought onto the HUD they are just floating.

The reason I removed the text was not for making things harder, but that with food and water on hud again, it makes some information double up.

My logic (as with my other UI's Ive done (Zompact, Gup's, Rain) I remove the text because if you're hot, you're hot. If you're cold, you're cold. Wet is wet. I only ever worried about it (personally) when the text would then pop stating I was near an extreme and I often play the clothing metagame to nullify that temp fluctuations.

I understand people play differently, some have vision issues (some I had already considered and choose orange for that reason instead of green or red). Others didnt cross my mind, since bought to my attention.

Im adding the text back, its just how to do so cleanly without leaving an "empty" space when there is no additional info to the buff.

Hello everyone, I really like the new HUD, I've noticed that when I'm diving I do not see the time I have left of air, as in the past. Thank you

I do not understand what you mean, sorry.

Vehicle information (battery/fuel/health) is at the bottom of the centre screen where the toolbelt is, no longer in the bottom right hand corner.

are you trying to load into an EAC server or did you try clicking disable EAC? one of my crew had this issue, tried unchecking the Use EAC option and loaded into game fine. just spitballin here. without operlog its all just sorta spittin into the wind :)

Well, the main problem is that i can't get past the startup load screen.

Now after MULTIPLE searches my output log shows me this: https://pastebin.com/R62gpKn3

Complete output log: https://www.transfernow.net/download/?utm_source=06bt0133cyao

Hud

Well, i cannot say I like new HUD, I would say it has a potential but for now -it is not the best one.

It 'hides' temperature even more than original does. Selected items on the belt are not contrast enough.

The overall concept is OK though.

Cheers

I was trying to teleport the trader (entityID 6371) to myself with the following command:

tele entityID playername which translated to

tele 6371 ghould

when I got the error "Playername or entity/steamid not found."

I could teleport my friend without any problem with

tele playername playername

I'll try to find allox server fixes, thanks!

Sorry, We run Coppi MOD, that must be what altered the commands.

Yes, you can use player names but if they have spaces it doesnt work, thats when you need their ID.

you have to spawn him outside the complex because it wont let you spawn him inside it (at least ive never been able to)

the default commands are here: https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Command_Console

So sorry. :(

- - - Updated - - -

That room was more a tribute to our departed friend Pacco, who made all those assets. It wasn't intended to be an important game play feature. I have not yet found 1 item to get access myself, so i can't comment on how well it works.

Sure the game room was a little disappointing, but it's still fun. :) I mean, the cost of the game is way higher than anything we've won yet, but it's still something fun to do when we're bored, or after visiting the trader. :)

I am having the same issue. Any ideas of how to fix this? We have tried to blow him up (tnt) shoot him... nothing hurts him. I spawned him in and started getting the error as soon as he was in the world. Its just two of us playing on our server and both of us are getting it. We cant play. Please help.

We had to use the command console to teleport it under the world. You also might be able to use the kill command too. Do LE to find it's ID, then Kill BearsID .... it might work.

thanks for the assist, will give this info a try this evening, i already tried asphalt but will give dirt a try and see what happens. thanks again :)

The keywords in her post were "I think when it says "solid" it is referring to the Ground underneath the "Blocks" that you are placing the door in." so, you need Terra Ferma > your blocks > door. If im reading this right.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

So I was off adventuring yesterday in my SP world and I found something very interesting - not sure who's discovered this yet so going to put it in a spoiler, but Morte or Xyth maybe you can answer a question I have about this conundrum... :D

Nice war story :)

For now, I'm just there to nag you guys ;)

Nuke

I placed a mini nuke on accident in my base so i picked it up and it did the explosion animation. A couple minutes later i started getting killed from radiation. Soon all the dirt around my base turn into radiated ground. Later it turned black. My radiation is still going up. Anyway to get rid of the radiation around my base??

Try holding a wrench and placing it over an NPC. In Starvation A15, it showed their health when you did this. Monitor their health and see if it goes down the next day even if there is food in the refrigerator. Also, try placing all tiers of food in the fridge and see if that helps. I'd monitor the food and the tier they're eating. If no food is eaten even if you have all tiers and they're still losing health then looks like an issue. If they are eating food but are not regenerating health then it's another issue. I know there were issues with NPCs disappearing in Starvation A15.

Yes all food tiers and water in the fridge and they still despawn.

On the matter of temperature. Was it in True Survival that you could see the ambient temperature reading on the map and your personal temperature in the HUD ? Or maybe it was just in someone elsess HUD design. Anyway I found knowing the ambient temperature was good for choosing clothing, whether to make a fire etc. Is that feature possible in Starvation ? ( PLease don't tell me its already there !! )

Also a big thanks for keeping the updates consistent with existing maps/worlds. As i make my own additional mods ( for excample I add in fast roads on my Starvation Aus server ) can there be a changelog with the server files ?

Edited by Jolly (see edit history)

Some fatal errors , dedicated server (linux)

Hello!

have 2 problems with dedi on linux + Starvation + Coppi's mod + scripting mod

1. Lately server start to crash with last line in log:

2018-01-13T04:09:06 9938.150 INF Time: 163.67m FPS: 24.06 Heap: 2703.6MB Max: 3520.8MB Chunks: 2074 CGO: 262 Ply: 5 Zom: 18 Ent: 72 (91) Items: 1 CO: 10 RSS: 7661.4MB
Using memoryadresses from more that 16GB of memory

VM have 32 gb of RAM. Reducing size to 16 didn't helps.

Looks like memory leak in game or in mod. Forums says thts it's Unity version problem, but how i can fix it?

2. Sometimes server crashes with another memory-related issue

2018-01-13T01:17:14 1021.866 ERR Task_CommWriterSteam (cl=76561197990082502, ch=0):
2018-01-13T01:17:14 1021.866 EXC offset+count
Parameter name: The size of the buffer is less than offset + count.
ArgumentException: offset+count
Parameter name: The size of the buffer is less than offset + count.
 at System.IO.MemoryStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at NetConnectionSteam.Task_CommWriter (.TaskInfo _threadInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
NetConnectionSteam:Task_CommWriter(TaskInfo)
ThreadManager:XH(Object)
(Filename:  Line: -1)

Please, help

Dog taming ownership bugged?

Hi there,

Me and My friends playing in a private coop 4 people and have issue with ownership the dog.

Using collar and beat dog nothing happen to 3 of us, only one succeed... guess who? The host is the only one can own the dog, how can we fix this, is this a bug? Please help