A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Hi i was wondering it seems like cars have dissapeared i had a tank near my home i looted it then logged out later and it's no longer there i didnt bust it apart with anything and i dont think anything should of destroyed it since i wasnt anywhere near it

Also im new to this mod and only a day or two in when you tame an animal does it go into your inventory like an item or do you have to lead it into your compound somehow?

Edited by habibo (see edit history)

Traders are closed between 21:55 and 6:05. If they should be open and they are not, the trader may have glitched and died. this happens sometimes on our vanilla MP servers, when there is an LCB in the same chunk as the trader. (chunks are lik 500x500 areas.)

There is a temporary fix for the traders. YOU WILL NEED ADMIN POWERS

first option just reset the trader, this one doesnt always work: open the command console with f1 and type in: traderarea

this should boot anyone out of the trader complex, it will close the doors and should reset the trader for the next morning.

If that does not work you can do the following steps:

1. Stand about 10 blocks away from the trader compound, open the command console and type in: se yourscreenname(or id) 89

Example: se purgatorywolf 89

SE is Spawn entity, and 89 is the code for Trader Hugh. Joel is 85, Rekt 86, Bob 87, Jim 88 use whichever you want.

if you have a space in your name you will need to use your game id. if you dont know you game ID use the LE (list entities) command to see your id.

2. Next you will do LE to get the newly spawned traders ID.

3. sink into the ground with god mode enter the complex and type: Telee tradersid yourname

example: Telee 850396 purgatorywolf

this will teleport the trader to you. You have to sink into the ground with no more then your chest above ground or you will be teleported out of the complex. Once the trader is teleported to you, you can walk around in the complex freely, and place him where ever you need to put him.

---- note: if you are unable to sink into the ground / dont have permissions for it, you can just teleport him into the complex: Telee traderid coords

example: Telee 594039 -2460 90 4860

this would put the trader at 2460 West, 4860 north, and 90 blocks above bedrock. you can do a /loc to get quick co-ords for where you are standing and adjust them as needed to teleport him.

You will not be able to enter the complex until the trader is inside. once you have him inside the walls, you shouldnt get teleported out anymore.

4. once you have the trader where you need him, use the consol and type: traderarea

I find doing this last step helps to lock him into place. when i forget to do this last step, the trader tends to bug out sooner then when I dont'.

--------

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the very detailed steps! I'll try it when I get back from work and report back.

What food do the npc's like the smiths and cooks eat. I can only get them to eat grilled meat and they seem to not eat anything else???

If a survivor is only slightly hungry/injured they will eat corn bread - and boiled eggs (I think). If they are a bit more injured they will eat grilled meat, and if they're very low on health they will look for meat stew.

Essentially, have yourself a decent sunflower, corn, wheat and potato farm going to support your colony (these are the 'essential 4' in my opinion), and make chicken coops & feed to get the necessary eggs for boiled eggs if you want to go that route - it will save you corn for other uses too. Put 2 chickens in the coop and they will breed to make 4 chickens, then you can take 2 out and slaughter them for extra meat. Or, get a salad or carrot farm going and have a rabbit hutch, as I think rabbits breed a bit faster than chickens if you need more meat. Or you could make multiple coops & hutches if you have the means to support more animals (bigger farm). From those you should be able to make all the food your survivors need.

You can also use that spare corn you have for extra gas from grain alcohol, just make sure you collect enough animal fat to keep that going and your generators should run just fine to keep your farms free of rats and plagues.

Quests

Hi ,FYI , I was on the rifles quest and completed 4 of 5 and toggled the 5th stage active and had a Null Ref and locked up the game , ps , first thread ,,not sure if in right place

Also seem to have lost this quest ,,is there anyway to reactivate it cos Im not sure where this quest started from

Edited by attakcat (see edit history)

Just a quick question myself too - I've seen that Rubber recipe has changed and now uses scrap rubber, but the old way of doing it with corn meal and things is no longer there in the most recent update.

Is there any good sources of scrap rubber apart from in junk, which is quite rare? Or can any of the survivors learn how to craft the rubber without requiring scrap rubber?

I'd also like to suggest some other sources of rubber, not sure if these are already implemented just yet...

- Minibike wheels scrap to rubber instead of iron

- Vibrators scrap to rubber - currently have no scrapping recipe

- Rubber in working stiff boxes - would make sense

- Destroying trash bags has a small chance to give you rubber - would represent the trash bag part of the junk item being salvaged.

- Cars give rubber when you take apart the second or final stage, maybe 1-2 scrap rubber, to represent the tires that remain on the car

- Some of the electrical things you find around the world could give rubber when wrenched, to represent the wire insulation

- A new tree that can be found rarely in the forest biome - a rubber tree! Allows you to get latex resin from it that can be turned into rubber on the chemistry station. However it only ever gives 1 tree seed when harvested, so you can't farm them easily unless you find more, and takes 5x longer to grow than other trees so it doesn't become a primary source quickly.

Great job on the New UI guys, much much better, I love having my Hunger/thirst levels on the main screen with my wellness/stamina, and adding the Fatigue/Addiction icons to the top of the UI helps alot. The gold/black detail helps to define each component, especially when harvesting items, much easier to see what you are getting as they pop up.

Keep up the great work guys, Starvation is proving to be a challenging but rewarding Mod. Tbh, I was one of those players requesting a bigger bag, more details on main UI and a few other things but I must admit, as I have given the mod more time, and immersed myself into the realism that the mod brings with it, I wouldnt change a thing (major changes).

For those not using the Mod Launcher, Download it and give it a whirl, it saves sooo much time and effort, I currently have 5 big mods installed like Starvation, WotW, Valmod etc.. and all work as intended.

And, like myself, if you are having trouble locating information on the mod, maybe got lost with the many pages that a few of the starvation threads have,

here is a Google Doc I found that has some basic but very useful information all in one place, Hope it helps those in need:)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D1rCZZJ5ffR5E0hEFSc4YAEc-VhSyl4Is0z6vl7pbH8/edit#heading=h.b1k1hzj3h6y3

Edited by Rakstelon (see edit history)

Nice mod!

Sadly on MP (local as host) I get shutterings. Means that every 3 seconds for 0,5 seconds the environment like moving grass completely seems to freeze. - Even when standing still or on very low details.

Singleplayer doesn´t have these shutterings even on high details it runs on 40-50 FPS. - I ve an i7 Sandy Bridge / 16 GB ram.

Any idea to fix this ?

Great job on the New UI guys, much much better, I love having my Hunger/thirst levels on the main screen with my wellness/stamina, and adding the Fatigue/Addiction icons to the top of the UI helps alot. The gold/black detail helps to define each component, especially when harvesting items, much easier to see what you are getting as they pop up.

Keep up the great work guys, Starvation is proving to be a challenging but rewarding Mod. Tbh, I was one of those players requesting a bigger bag, more details on main UI and a few other things but I must admit, as I have given the mod more time, and immersed myself into the realism that the mod brings with it, I wouldnt change a thing (major changes).

For those not using the Mod Launcher, Download it and give it a whirl, it saves sooo much time and effort, I currently have 5 big mods installed like Starvation, WotW, Valmod etc.. and all work as intended.

And, like myself, if you are having trouble locating information on the mod, maybe got lost with the many pages that a few of the starvation threads have,

here is a Google Doc I found that has some basic but very useful information all in one place, Hope it helps those in need:)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D1rCZZJ5ffR5E0hEFSc4YAEc-VhSyl4Is0z6vl7pbH8/edit#heading=h.b1k1hzj3h6y3

Don't forget the Official Starvation Wiki

Many questions asked within this thread can be answered in much less time just by visiting the Wiki. Personally, I'd rather the devs be dev'ing than answering questions over and over again when they have already taken the time to make the Wiki for all of us.

Nice mod!

Sadly on MP (local as host) I get shutterings. Means that every 3 seconds for 0,5 seconds the environment like moving grass completely seems to freeze. - Even when standing still or on very low details.

Singleplayer doesn´t have these shutterings even on high details it runs on 40-50 FPS. - I ve an i7 Sandy Bridge / 16 GB ram.

Any idea to fix this ?

What are the stats on the server for the MP? It sounds like the server might be short on RAM. Remember, MP will need much more RAM to run properly because it has to process more players.

Edited by Rags (see edit history)

What are the stats on the server for the MP? It sounds like the server might be short on RAM. Remember, MP will need much more RAM to run properly because it has to process more players.

It was started as a local multiplayer game. I think its about my PC because when I join a dedicated server it runs smooth like in as singleplayer game.

Just a quick question myself too - I've seen that Rubber recipe has changed and now uses scrap rubber, but the old way of doing it with corn meal and things is no longer there in the most recent update.

Is there any good sources of scrap rubber apart from in junk, which is quite rare? Or can any of the survivors learn how to craft the rubber without requiring scrap rubber?

I'd also like to suggest some other sources of rubber, not sure if these are already implemented just yet...

- Minibike wheels scrap to rubber instead of iron

- Vibrators scrap to rubber - currently have no scrapping recipe

- Rubber in working stiff boxes - would make sense

- Destroying trash bags has a small chance to give you rubber - would represent the trash bag part of the junk item being salvaged.

- Cars give rubber when you take apart the second or final stage, maybe 1-2 scrap rubber, to represent the tires that remain on the car

- Some of the electrical things you find around the world could give rubber when wrenched, to represent the wire insulation

- A new tree that can be found rarely in the forest biome - a rubber tree! Allows you to get latex resin from it that can be turned into rubber on the chemistry station. However it only ever gives 1 tree seed when harvested, so you can't farm them easily unless you find more, and takes 5x longer to grow than other trees so it doesn't become a primary source quickly.

I just got to the point where I needed rubber. I got the 20 I needed off junk items I needed to make the Big Generator, but I can see it will be an issue trying to make a few rad Suits. I will add some more options to find rubber/scrap rubber. It wont be tires though, way too many, and rubber needs to be somewhat rare

Hi ,FYI , I was on the rifles quest and completed 4 of 5 and toggled the 5th stage active and had a Null Ref and locked up the game , ps , first thread ,,not sure if in right place

Also seem to have lost this quest ,,is there anyway to reactivate it cos Im not sure where this quest started from

Fixed in next patch. The quests start at the game beginning when you set down a bedroll. Without admin access you cant restart it. The quest ID is <quest id="Q_WRI"

Hi do you know if somehow strawberries have been disabled? I'm well over 120 days and haven't even found a single strawberry/seed. Traders don't have them and I've killed over 3K zombies. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places?

This is SP.

Thanks.

PS - I'm still using 16.0.0.29.

Hi do you know if somehow strawberries have been disabled? I'm well over 120 days and haven't even found a single strawberry/seed. Traders don't have them and I've killed over 3K zombies. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places?

This is SP.

Thanks.

PS - I'm still using 16.0.0.29.

StrawberrySeeds are in the loottable. Sounds like bad luck.

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.31

Custom Bandits

• Due to the problems with UMA roaming bandits, we added custom bandits for that effect. We hope you like them
  • Added rubber to loot
  • Fixed rifle quest

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this changes and, as always, keep us informed of problems, balancing issues or bugs. We'll get to them IF and WHEN possible, without overlooking our own fun!

PS - For people playing on official servers, they should already be updated.

PS1- Public Server repo is already updated

I detected error in Items.xml.

<item id="833" name="saltedFishFillet">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="fishFillet" />

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="a0a0ff" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="foodSaltedGroupDesc" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="#fishes?rawFish" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="HoldType" value="3" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="500" />

<!-- STK food -->

<property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value="15" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="Class" value="Eat" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Use_time" value="..." />

<property name="Gain_health" value="2" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="10" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_stamina" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_sickness" value="30" />

<property name="Buff" value="foodPoisoning" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eating" />

</property>

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="ExchangeItem" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Change_item_to" value="fishFillet" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_1" value="water" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_2" value="waterMoving" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_3" value="waterStaticBucket" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_4" value="waterMovingBucket" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_5" value="waterSource8" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_6" value="cntCabinetOldSink" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_6" value="cntGraniteSink" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/bucketplace_water" />

</property>

<property name="foodSpoilImmune" value="90" />

<property name="Smell" value="ExLargeSmell" />

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="20" />

</item>

I think the correct thing would be not to repeat the number, so the second would be 7:

<property name="Focused_blockname_7" value="cntGraniteSink" />

I have seen it repeated 4 times.

Is it wrong or have I been wrong?