A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Hi there (new account), I wish you all a good and successful new year.

First of all thanks for the great mod, it's tons of fun and it really shows that you put so much work into this. The new HUD - oh my, so pretty and sleek and the eastereggs *chuckles*. So overall I'm positively overwhelmed, so please take the following feedback not as being nitpicky but as me genuinely trying to give my personal opinion how things could be improved.

1. The visibility of the highlighted hotkey in the tool bar is low. With the original HUD it's enough to check it with your peripheral vision, which is actually what you want, since it's a good idea to focus on the main portion of the screen.

2. Looting and spawning of certain key items appear to have changed in frequency (of course, mind that due to me being human and not playing 24/7 my sample size is not very high at this point in time).

• Anything removing infection, even tree stumps have become very rare. So rare it's become a good idea to NOT heal until the end of stage 1 because being infected is the best protection against infection atm.
  • Wild neutral animals (I.e. the notorious female pig) have become very scarce. I've dumped points into husbandry now to make sure that I will at least not whack the next one to death.
  • All container and corpse loot appears to be less random. There seems to be much more predictability which containers drop which items.
  • It's wrench-mas. I hate to be the spoilsport breaking this to you, but sitting at 13 free wrenches from sinks at level 30-ish appears excessive. If only pots would spawn as much! They are a key item gating drinking, which is very basic. Man heh.

Don't forget the Official Starvation Wiki

Many questions asked within this thread can be answered in much less time just by visiting the Wiki. Personally, I'd rather the devs be dev'ing than answering questions over and over again when they have already taken the time to make the Wiki for all of us.

Thanks Rags.

Both great sources of information, I recommend everyone bookmark these sites, very helpful, always nice to have something/somewhere to referrence Mod information!

Is this mod supposed to add more vehicles in the maps I thought i saw some the first time i played this mod a few days ago i had a tank i found but then it ended up dissapearing ive created a few new worlds with the cheat option on so i could fly around and look around and all i saw where generic 7 day cars and in my files i found tanks and bikes etc. i just refreshed the mod today to get the most recent update before i made a few worlds

Is this mod supposed to add more vehicles in the maps I thought i saw some the first time i played this mod a few days ago i had a tank i found but then it ended up dissapearing ive created a few new worlds with the cheat option on so i could fly around and look around and all i saw where generic 7 day cars and in my files i found tanks and bikes etc. i just refreshed the mod today to get the most recent update before i made a few worlds

There were more types of cars in the A15 version, but we didnt add as many to A16. I think the reason was to keep the mod size down, but I cant recall. We have lots of car models we can load if thats a popular request.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there (new account), I wish you all a good and successful new year.

First of all thanks for the great mod, it's tons of fun and it really shows that you put so much work into this. The new HUD - oh my, so pretty and sleek and the eastereggs *chuckles*. So overall I'm positively overwhelmed, so please take the following feedback not as being nitpicky but as me genuinely trying to give my personal opinion how things could be improved.

1. The visibility of the highlighted hotkey in the tool bar is low. With the original HUD it's enough to check it with your peripheral vision, which is actually what you want, since it's a good idea to focus on the main portion of the screen.

2. Looting and spawning of certain key items appear to have changed in frequency (of course, mind that due to me being human and not playing 24/7 my sample size is not very high at this point in time).

• Anything removing infection, even tree stumps have become very rare. So rare it's become a good idea to NOT heal until the end of stage 1 because being infected is the best protection against infection atm.
  • Wild neutral animals (I.e. the notorious female pig) have become very scarce. I've dumped points into husbandry now to make sure that I will at least not whack the next one to death.
  • All container and corpse loot appears to be less random. There seems to be much more predictability which containers drop which items.
  • It's wrench-mas. I hate to be the spoilsport breaking this to you, but sitting at 13 free wrenches from sinks at level 30-ish appears excessive. If only pots would spawn as much! They are a key item gating drinking, which is very basic. Man heh.

Your experiencing random luck...I never get many wrenches to start. I will check the loot tables though. The loot tables are due for a revision, they are mostly vanilla with some added starvation specific items added.

- - - Updated - - -

Game Room quest says very easy yet in 188 days no kennyitem. any hints? pm or spoiler tag if ya want

Its in the loot tables, just a rare drop in trash/junk

Your experiencing random luck...I never get many wrenches to start. I will check the loot tables though. The loot tables are due for a revision, they are mostly vanilla with some added starvation specific items added.

Fair enough, I'm fine with eating that while I see how it unfolds in the next couple of days/weeks. What about the hotkey highlight though?

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to include that in the previous post, but when I tried "telee" I got an unknown command error. That's why I tried it with just "tele".

There are two teleport commands TELEPORT teleports accordting to steamIF, playername, or enitityID to either coords or to online target player. TELEPORTPLAYER teleports a given player to coords or another player

teleport (or tele) 76542652418654287 500 0 500 will teleport the by steamID (shown), playername, or entityID to given coordinates

teleport (or Tele) dragonwoldf3 123454 will teleport player by steamID, playername (shown) or entityID to the target player using their steamID, playername, or enitityID (shown)

teleportplayer 76542652418654287 500 0 500 will teleport the by steamID (shown), playername, or entityID to given coordinates

teleportplayer dragonwoldf3 123454 will teleport player by steamID, playername (shown) or entityID to the target player using their steamID, playername, or enitityID (shown)

The following is telee command (this is only available if you have allox server fixes installed - its not available in vanilla)

telee 3342 500 0 500 will teleport a player by their entityID (shown) to coords

telee 3342 12456 will teleport a player by their entityID (shown) to another online player by thier enitityID

I actually find:

tele playername coords

or

tele playername playername

the easiest to do without having to look up and remember numbers.

Edited by rentechd (see edit history)

I just got to the point where I needed rubber. I got the 20 I needed off junk items I needed to make the Big Generator, but I can see it will be an issue trying to make a few rad Suits. I will add some more options to find rubber/scrap rubber. It wont be tires though, way too many, and rubber needs to be somewhat rare

That was my main thinking - if you want a quality 600 suit you need 3 quality 500 suits first, which in themselves are a ton of rubber, which are also a ton of scrap rubber too to get the rubber :)

I agree though rubber should still be uncommon and tires would make it way too overabundant even with a probability of picking up said tires coming into play, but I also have an idea - maybe a way for the mechanic / smith to craft it more efficiently with some scrap rubber would encourage the use of survivors to get to the rad zone rather than searching - it would almost make it a requirement and add that as a progression path, whereas before you just needed a decent corn farm. Now you would still need a decent corn farm, BUT you'd need a colony too if you wanted more effective rubber production :)

However I saw you added more rubber to loot so just gotta find which containers have it... May be time for a sneak peek at the XMLs... for purely research purposes, of course... :D

There are two teleport commands TELEPORT teleports accordting to steamIF, playername, or enitityID to either coords or to online target player. TELEPORTPLAYER teleports a given player to coords or another player

teleport (or tele) 76542652418654287 500 0 500 will teleport the by steamID (shown), playername, or entityID to given coordinates

teleport (or Tele) dragonwoldf3 123454 will teleport player by steamID, playername (shown) or entityID to the target player using their steamID, playername, or enitityID (shown)

teleportplayer 76542652418654287 500 0 500 will teleport the by steamID (shown), playername, or entityID to given coordinates

teleportplayer dragonwoldf3 123454 will teleport player by steamID, playername (shown) or entityID to the target player using their steamID, playername, or enitityID (shown)

The following is telee command (this is only available if you have allox server fixes installed - its not available in vanilla)

telee 3342 500 0 500 will teleport a player by their entityID (shown) to coords

telee 3342 12456 will teleport a player by their entityID (shown) to another online player by thier enitityID

I actually find:

tele playername coords

or

the easiest to do without having to look up and remember numbers.

I was trying to teleport the trader (entityID 6371) to myself with the following command:

tele entityID playername which translated to

tele 6371 ghould

when I got the error "Playername or entity/steamid not found."

I could teleport my friend without any problem with

I'll try to find allox server fixes, thanks!

Fair enough, I'm fine with eating that while I see how it unfolds in the next couple of days/weeks. What about the hotkey highlight though?

I'll mention that to Dust the UI author. My daughter mentioned that last night as well. He is going to adjust the background and improve the contrast a bit

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, friend found kennyitem, we went in.. very disappointing i must say ;(. dont get me wrong, looked cool but if you were trying to introduce that as an aspect the randomization of monetary = yikes lol

That room was more a tribute to our departed friend Pacco, who made all those assets. It wasn't intended to be an important game play feature. I have not yet found 1 item to get access myself, so i can't comment on how well it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the rain storage broken? Three of my rain catchers disappeared and now none of them will gather water. Bug or patch change?

No reports on this yet besides yours. RainStorage has not been touched for many patches.

So no ideas on the barrel barge issue? thanks in advance for any help, and a huge thank you for the mod, its my entire groups favorite and has given 7 days to die a much needed injection of life for us.

I'm sorry, I missed your question before.

Unless the progression isn't working as intended, it should be tied with Deep Water. I think the idea is, as you raise you fisherman skill (by using canes, or crafting fishing related items), you can acquire Deep Water. At level 5 you unlock the barge.

If it isn't working as intended, please do not hesitate to tell us.

Новый интерфейс ГОВНО!

Загромождает весь экран, постоянно всплывают одни и те-же надписи. При этом отсутствие информативности.

Ни хера не видно, что там в этих квадратиках, через пол часа игры уже глаза резать начинает из-за постоянных попыток рассмотреть, что там в них написано. При переключении инструментов на поясе не понятно куда проматываешь из-за какашечного оттенка иконок и подсветки. Все сливается и не понять на какую иконку ты попал.

Ванильный интерфейс - прост, информативен, не засирает экран и не режет глаз. Не хватало всего двух полосок - еды и воды. Всё!

На картинке красиво, в игре полный провал

Новый интерфейс ГОВНО!

Загромождает весь экран, постоянно всплывают одни и те-же надписи. При этом отсутствие информативности.

Ни хера не видно, что там в этих квадратиках, через пол часа игры уже глаза резать начинает из-за постоянных попыток рассмотреть, что там в них написано. При переключении инструментов на поясе не понятно куда проматываешь из-за какашечного оттенка иконок и подсветки. Все сливается и не понять на какую иконку ты попал.

Ванильный интерфейс - прост, информативен, не засирает экран и не режет глаз. Не хватало всего двух полосок - еды и воды. Всё!

На картинке красиво, в игре полный провал

Seems not to be the general opinion... Thank you for posting in a way we can all understand :)