A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Seriously, how the ♥♥♥♥ are you supposed to deal with that bandits early game?

Well if you went into a gun fight with low tier armour and a simple rifle that takes 4s to reload, whilst they have 44s and AKs and PSG1s... what did you expect? Not trying to be a douche, just saying you can't really hope to take these guys on with minimal or low-grade equipment. Best thing to do is wait until you've got some good armour before trying to deal with the bandits and preferably a PSG1 with scope to take them out at range. Quality 400+ steel armour is beast, it gives you 80% pierce reduction on shots so their shots will end up doing a lot less damage to you if you get hit (the exception being the PSG1 bandit which had 18x modifier, which I raised up already and believe it's being fixed as it was an oversight).

every freaking small village are flooded with this,

There are towns which don't have bandits in at all, the chance for bandit POIs is relatively low so perhaps you have been unlucky in the first couple of towns you find. The main places to look out for in the towns are the churches. Some POIs that look like trading outposts also have them in as well, so only go for it if you're absolutely sure it's a trader. If you're not sure, stay away and they won't shoot. It's best to avoid them early.

okay, lets say you have beaten that ** girl with her gun (after like 20 hit? with a hunting rifle), healed up and be fu**ing thankful not to die there... hey wait player, we have something for you! a fu**ing terminator with a Laser Gun that instant kills you with one hit.

wow....

Easy - Just don't go in the wasteland early game, as these guys only spawn there and not in any other biome. It is meant to be a later-game biome in this mod (Vanilla too, but this mod adds a lot more challenge) in order to add some world progression and restrict where you can explore until you get better gear.

I think the girl bandit does take quite a few hits to kill and a good quality hunting rifle should probably take her out in at most 2 headshots, so maybe that can be addressed by the team. These new bandits have only come in a couple of patches ago so you need to take into account that these features are in testing and not fully balanced as this mod is still very much a work in progress, but community feedback is what helps them fine-tune the features like the bandits.

Edited by mdf25 (see edit history)

Hi when you do the random map is the red zone supposed to show on the preview because it doesnt on mine i even deleted the mod and redownloading thinking it was a bug and while playing a random map for 7 days now i havent found any burnt forest or radiation yet

Hi when you do the random map is the red zone supposed to show on the preview because it doesnt on mine i even deleted the mod and redownloading thinking it was a bug and while playing a random map for 7 days now i havent found any burnt forest or radiation yet

It is not like Random Spots in Vanilla Game with different Bioms, radiated zone/burnt forest is on the edge of the map, its always like this in starvation map generator if i remember a posting about this correctly.

Correct - the radiation zone (formerly burnt forest) and deep radiation zone (formerly just the radiation zone) show on the edge of the map now. You should see a circle of burnt forest biome right at the edge before the red area which is now the deep rad zone.

Hi

This has probably been asked a thousand times and have been through the last few pages of posts to find an answer. Is there a BBM for this Mod. I know this is not something that the makers of this Mod were wanting but it could really help a more casual player like myself who just enjoys running around collecting loots and having a bit of fun with different mods. I think SMX did one but that is not updated on Nexus Mods for the latest Starvation update. As I say I know this has probably been asked plenty times before and the modders probably hate hearing this asked for but I could really do with one just to make the game a little less running up and down all the time to empty bags.

Thanks in advance for any help

You mean Burnt Forest? 90% of the Rad Zone is burnt, unless there's a deeper area of the rad zone. The initial zone is a radiated burnt forest, not grasslands. I'll certainly take another look though

No, I'm talking about the RED zone. The burnt forest is radioactive yes, but beyond the burnt forest is solid RED on the map. This area, on normal maps, kills players, and is fairly empty when it comes to objects and stuff. But on Starvation the RED zone actually has stuff in it. Most of the area is based on the grasslands so it will be empty nothingness with a few prefabs and maybe a city, but then there are areas based on the Wastedlands so there will be dead trees, car frames, and all the other stuff i mentioned. The Red zone is basically "the edge of the map" designed to to keep players confined to a set portion of the map. But in starvation, with the exosuit, you can go into this area and do stuff. This part of the map kinda goes on forever, most of it is nothingness tho. Other then the wastedland potions of the red zone, no ground clutter is rendered, no trees, grass, bags of trash w/e. The only thing that renders is the prefabs and what ever blocks belong to those.

Here's what I'm talking about..

lcb.thumb.jpg.7bd9909fde1715c14afdddee22072cca.jpg

The burnt forest is pretty much how it was on the normal map, a whole lot of burnt stuff. just ruined buildings, tanks, monsters, barrels and mushrooms... The Red zone is pretty much the same, except there are lots of mininukes, ammobags and exobags in the red zone. In this picture, there are about 20 exobags that we've found in just that explored area. These things are ONLY in the wasted parts tho. The grasslands parts are just barren.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

Hi

This has probably been asked a thousand times and have been through the last few pages of posts to find an answer. Is there a BBM for this Mod. I know this is not something that the makers of this Mod were wanting but it could really help a more casual player like myself who just enjoys running around collecting loots and having a bit of fun with different mods. I think SMX did one but that is not updated on Nexus Mods for the latest Starvation update. As I say I know this has probably been asked plenty times before and the modders probably hate hearing this asked for but I could really do with one just to make the game a little less running up and down all the time to empty bags.

Here you go

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76756-SMX-Unofficial-72-slot-BigBag-Patch-for-Starvation-Mod&p=779764&viewfull=1#post779764

I know Im asking same question 2nd time now but i really want to know.

Hey creator, Yes! Creator! are you planing on updating the PSG1 texture ? I think it needs some serious rework (Me and many others) it looks really boxy and doesn't fit to the game right now.Even the Vanilla one is better :( Also, many other firearms don't quite fit and need a bit of rework ofc not like the PSG1 but still...Character doesn't hold them properly the attachments you can barely notice and their textures and crappy...Shhh okay, it's time to stfu now and stop complaining.The mod is very nice and thank you for what have you created :)

P.S Any plans for NEW big Sniper Rifle (for Ex 50. Call or something similar) But, no Auto or Semi-Auto because would be too OP.Bolt Action would be enought.

Could you guys like this post if you agree so Mr.Creator sees this ? Thank you!!

Edited by santosiebie15 (see edit history)

Hey creator, Yes! Creator! are you planing on updating the PSG1 texture ? I think it needs some serious rework (Me and many others) it looks really boxy and doesn't fit to the game right now.Even the Vanilla one is better :( Also, many other firearms don't quite fit and need a bit of rework ofc not like the PSG1 but still...Character doesn't hold them properly the attachments you can barely notice and their textures and crappy...Shhh okay, it's time to stfu now and stop complaining.The mod is very nice and thank you for what have you created :)

P.S Any plans for NEW big Sniper Rifle (for Ex 50. Call or something similar) But, no Auto or Semi-Auto because would be too OP.Bolt Action would be enought.

Could you guys like this post if you agree so Mr.Creator sees this ? Thank you!!

No, no plans to update any gun at this moment, and it wont happen before A17 for sure. There is already a 50cal sniper rifle ingame.

So in A17 + you might change them a bit ?

Huh...There is already a 50 Sniper Rifle ? Do you mean the Heavy 50 Cal. Machine Gun ? or something like this

http://shoota50cal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sniper_rifle-50cal.jpg

I mean a sniper. It's a bit more futurيstic, but the use mechanic is cool to mitigate its "power".

I don't know if we'll change it or not. Depends on knowleadge and availability

I think it's called the KSR ... Its big, loud, and awesome.

Hi

There is not an BBM for Starvation and we do not support those BBM that say tehy work with Starvation - most cause issues and we will not support Starvation for you if you install them. Starvation has plans for its own BBM in the future once we can work out the the skill requirement for it

Please note that that BBM mode is not supported for Starvation and if you add it to starvation we cannot support the Starvation mod for you. This mod has cause issues for players and server owners and then they come to us needing help and we cannot provide that. Rock5046 please do not advertise that Mod here. By doing so people thought it was acceptable to us that they use it and I just spent a lot of time fixing some issues because people installed this mod after you posted here and the pointed to the fact that it was posted in our thread so they thought it was acceptable to install it. It is not.

Ehm, did you guys changed something in Starvation that Spike Carpets arent effective anymore?

I did one as a fast first/second horde option and the only thing it did was it very raley blow off a leg from zombies, it did no damage.

ive testet it with one last zombie without leg, i let him pass the spike carpet for more then 10! minutes and he didnt die.....

Ehm, did you guys changed something in Starvation that Spike Carpets arent effective anymore?

I did one as a fast first/second horde option and the only thing it did was it very raley blow off a leg from zombies, it did no damage.

ive testet it with one last zombie without leg, i let him pass the spike carpet for more then 10! minutes and he didnt die.....

No changes to spikes. Most zombies have a 90% damage reduction to hits in locations other than the head, so spike "carpets" will be less effective in Starvation than in vanilla.

Lovely, my 210+ day save is now impossible to use... the Rifles 5/5 quest is completely broken. I keep getting http://prntscr.com/i3owck spammed, and the quest itself won't function properly.

The way you ask for help is very interesting,and i'm fully motivated to take a look. We will take a peak when possible, if someone already peaked the xml feel free to throw us a tip.