A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

but I do not talk about everything, only a 20 to 30% remover

Personally I'm with the majority of the other guys on this one, in leave the grass exactly as it is... In terms of progression it doesn't affect our plans, visually it helps to the tension with all the crawling stuff, and if its a performance problem there are game adjustments to minimize it.

Scripts

Hey guys.

Awesome mod. I love the unique items and blocks. I was wondering how i can install the scripts for the elevator mod. I know I cant run it through SDX again. I can install the blocks and recipes and such but the elevator is useless without the scripts. I dont want to come off like I dont like the mod by changing it but elevators are awesome and I would love to have them in this mod.

I will not redistribute or have any public showing of the changes. Will be for single player,personal play.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Knightstalker710

Edited by Knightstalker710 (see edit history)

Hey guys.

Awesome mod. I love the unique items and blocks. I was wondering how i can install the scripts for the elevator mod. I know I cant run it through SDX again. I can install the blocks and recipes and such but the elevator is useless without the scripts. I dont want to come off like I dont like the mod by changing it but elevators are awesome and I would love to have them in this mod.

I will not redistribute or have any public showing of the changes. Will be for single player,personal play.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Knightstalker710

You cant compile additional scripts into Starvation. All scripts need to be compiled at the same time. So unless our team decides to add that script to the build at some point, you cant get the elevator into Starvation. Sorry.

You cant compile additional scripts into Starvation. All scripts need to be compiled at the same time. So unless our team decides to add that script to the build at some point, you cant get the elevator into Starvation. Sorry.

Ok kind of what I figured but I didn't want to give up without asking. Thank you for the info.

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.30

Custom Hud and Bandits

BanditDragonLeader.jpg.b4d0533e050fa37575668dd0b3cb9553.jpg

• Our own CUSTOM HUD is finally ready, thanks to the hard work of DUST2DEATH
  • first roaming bandits added to the world (no NREs on traders :) )
  • Added 2 new bosses
    • radiated spider with ranged attack. It can drops spider heart.
    • added a bandit boss in wasteland (based on Bad Company). He is one strong bastard, so be careful. The pay is however... interesting...

[*]added a new gun... yep... :)

[*]spider hearts can be used as exo armor upgrade. It may come in handy

[*]some minor fixes

NOTE: Exo Suit upgrades may suffer some changes. Opinions are welcomed

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this changes and, as always, keep us informed of problems, balancing issues or bugs. We'll get to them IF and WHEN possible, without overlooking our own fun!

PS - For people playing on official servers, they should already be updated.

PS1- Public Server repo is already updated

Here's a preview of the new Hud from DUST2DEATH:

With Exo Suit off:

731b1773a54506b593d9f421bc10ea7e.jpg

With Exo Suit on:

9e61f83838b49785630b1a8be5368801.jpg

Exo Suit Status Screen:

2d0ad02440d1ee56ffdc039dae5f4c62.jpg

There is more to it, but we'll let you find out.

im at a loss with the barrel barge, whether i make the burning barrels or use the 10 ive collected from poi's, it wont allow me to craft it as its not registering either type of barrel. am i missing something here? any help appreciated and i apologize if this question was answered previously but all my searches in the forums are turning up no responses for this problem. thanks.

hello, I updated the server and the client to version 16.0.0.30 and the first error I see that the bandits are invisible.

NOTE: In single player if they appear to me, but when connecting to the server, no player sees them.

NOTE2: It is an existing map of version 16.0.0.29

SERVER OUTPUT LOG

Edited by Suicidasestao
added server output log (see edit history)

hello, I updated the server and the client to version 16.0.0.30 and the first error I see that the bandits are invisible.

NOTE: In single player if they appear to me, but when connecting to the server, no player sees them.

NOTE2: It is an existing map of version 16.0.0.29

SERVER OUTPUT LOG

Are you sure they are invisable or just out of view? They can snipe you from miles and miles away....

Ok, seems there is a problem with bandits on higher difficulties, but apparently its a problem that can be solved (no idea how yet, but we'll see).

I wont be able to do anything until later tonight, so if anyone is too bothered about them, just remove the bandits from spawning.xml or reduce game difficulty to 3.

If there is no workaround, we'll remove the bandits and add custom ones at the next patch, or server admins will have to make their own choice as to keep them in or not!

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

I am liking the new HUD in this update - one tiny thing I'd like to see though, is it possible that when you select an item on your hotbar, the highlight is a little more bright? I suffer with sight impariment so sometimes gotta look real close to see what is highlighted as the colour only changes minimally at the moment :)

Oh and I heard a goat come into my compound, but at first I didn't realise what it was. When it made it's sound, OMG it scared the crap out of me and thought it was a rad boss or something until I peeked out my hidey hole and saw it was just a goat as it sounded like it was angry and wanted to kill me haha. Used a whip and caught it though, is there any use for the goats that's different to the other farm animals? I read you can use pet items with them, so can they be trained to attack zombies? OMG I would love to have a goat army killing zeds, imagine the fun! :D

Cannot enter Trader

Hi everybody

So my friend and I are playing on our local server hosted from one of our computers and we have the issue that we cannot enter the trader. Everytime we get close we get teleported a few blocks away?

Do we need to unlock the trader or is there another issue?

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi everybody

So my friend and I are playing on our local server hosted from one of our computers and we have the issue that we cannot enter the trader. Everytime we get close we get teleported a few blocks away?

What time of day is it on the server? This is standard vanilla behavior when the Trader is closed.

Hi everybody

Traders are closed between 21:55 and 6:05. If they should be open and they are not, the trader may have glitched and died. this happens sometimes on our vanilla MP servers, when there is an LCB in the same chunk as the trader. (chunks are lik 500x500 areas.)

There is a temporary fix for the traders. YOU WILL NEED ADMIN POWERS

first option just reset the trader, this one doesnt always work: open the command console with f1 and type in: traderarea

this should boot anyone out of the trader complex, it will close the doors and should reset the trader for the next morning.

If that does not work you can do the following steps:

1. Stand about 10 blocks away from the trader compound, open the command console and type in: se yourscreenname(or id) 89

Example: se purgatorywolf 89

SE is Spawn entity, and 89 is the code for Trader Hugh. Joel is 85, Rekt 86, Bob 87, Jim 88 use whichever you want.

if you have a space in your name you will need to use your game id. if you dont know you game ID use the LE (list entities) command to see your id.

2. Next you will do LE to get the newly spawned traders ID.

3. sink into the ground with god mode enter the complex and type: Telee tradersid yourname

example: Telee 850396 purgatorywolf

this will teleport the trader to you. You have to sink into the ground with no more then your chest above ground or you will be teleported out of the complex. Once the trader is teleported to you, you can walk around in the complex freely, and place him where ever you need to put him.

---- note: if you are unable to sink into the ground / dont have permissions for it, you can just teleport him into the complex: Telee traderid coords

example: Telee 594039 -2460 90 4860

this would put the trader at 2460 West, 4860 north, and 90 blocks above bedrock. you can do a /loc to get quick co-ords for where you are standing and adjust them as needed to teleport him.

You will not be able to enter the complex until the trader is inside. once you have him inside the walls, you shouldnt get teleported out anymore.

4. once you have the trader where you need him, use the consol and type: traderarea

I find doing this last step helps to lock him into place. when i forget to do this last step, the trader tends to bug out sooner then when I dont'.

--------

Hope this helps.

Love the new HUD, but...

One problem I've noticed is that the temperature icon is missing its numbers... making it harder to know where your temperature lies. Can we get an on-hud Temperature gauge, or a fix to see the temperature when it gives a warning?

Oh, and on another note. The hud keeps repeating the status messages. IE: "You're a cold son of a..." "Your leg is splinted" "you are overheating" repeatedly over time.

Water Rendering Issue

Mod is amazing. I have a water rendering issue however in version A16.4 that I have never had before in A15 versions or other mods. The water is light blue but then renders dark blue as you get closer. Before the water was all one colour all the time. It makes the aesthetics not as beautiful. Is there any fix? I have powerful system and good updated graphics cards. Thank you