A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

1. Cammo armor never had any effect on stealth, its an interesting idea having different cammos though, and may worth persuing. As for the color i originally made it based on a guppy mod which used the cammo helmet texture, no idea what changed and why was it done, will take a look. Either of these will hit top priority though.

2. We'll take a look, thank you

3. Starvation did not touch in anyway in cloth stats or stats UI. If that is happening with vanilla cloths too, then it should happen in Vanilla too. Not something i really wanna mess with, for now, unless it's something xml related.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Issues with the Moonshine Still Station

1. I queued up around 126 barrels of gas, and set them to converting to gas cans. I went about my business around the base. When I finally remembered to check the still I discovered that once the output slots filled up it continued to process the gas barrels and just sent the gas cans into the void somewhere, as the output slots were all full. Thus, I lost close to 100 barrels of gas.

2. I placed a stack of 6000 oil shale into the Moonshine Still workstation and started it converting to gas cans. I was watching it closely (due to the above reason), and was making sure that the output did not fill up. It then became a Hoard Night so I shut off the valve between the Gas Tank and the Moonshine Still, so it would stop converting the oil shale until I could get back to watch it after Hoard Night was over. When I returned to the workstation and turned the valve back on, I looked into the workstation, and there were the gas cans that I had left in the output (about 639 in the first slot), but the 3000+ oil shale that was in the queue was gone. It apparently continued to process it and toss the output into the void, rather than into the output slots that were available.

Conclusions:

1. You can not place more mats in the queue than you have output slots to fill up, or the excess mats in queue will continue to process and just be lost into the void.
  2. Turning off the Moonshine still does NOT stop the workstation from processing anything that is left in the crafting queue, and will send anything proccessed after the workstation is turned off into the void and be lost forever.

1. I queued up around 126 barrels of gas, and set them to converting to gas cans. I went about my business around the base. When I finally remembered to check the still I discovered that once the output slots filled up it continued to process the gas barrels and just sent the gas cans into the void somewhere, as the output slots were all full. Thus, I lost close to 100 barrels of gas.

2. I placed a stack of 6000 oil shale into the Moonshine Still workstation and started it converting to gas cans. I was watching it closely (due to the above reason), and was making sure that the output did not fill up. It then became a Hoard Night so I shut off the valve between the Gas Tank and the Moonshine Still, so it would stop converting the oil shale until I could get back to watch it after Hoard Night was over. When I returned to the workstation and turned the valve back on, I looked into the workstation, and there were the gas cans that I had left in the output (about 639 in the first slot), but the 3000+ oil shale that was in the queue was gone. It apparently continued to process it and toss the output into the void, rather than into the output slots that were available.

Conclusions:

1. You can not place more mats in the queue than you have output slots to fill up, or the excess mats in queue will continue to process and just be lost into the void.
  2. Turning off the Moonshine still does NOT stop the workstation from processing anything that is left in the crafting queue, and will send anything proccessed after the workstation is turned off into the void and be lost forever.

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with crafting lag fixes or powered workstations, but I'll try to take a look when possible. If anyone has any details about if this only happens on powered workstations or all stations including vanilla, please let me know.

Thank you.

PS - also let me know if silenced sounds and pets are now properly working in mp, as expected. Thanks.

I noticed this problem in the chem bench and medical stations as well. crafting should halt when output is full, but it keeps going and the product vanishes.... also the canned food maker has no output window, if you walk away while it works, its all gone.

If it's affecting chemistry station, we'll need to check on a vanilla version of the game to make sure if it's a result of crafting lag fix or if it is something that also happens on vanilla game... We'll be trying to do this debugging, but if anyone can provide further input on the following:

• does chemistry station really not stop when output full
  • does chemistry station bug in sp too, or only mp
  • can anyone confirm that this does NOT happen in vanilla

We are trying to check this ourselves (thank you Pam for all the support), but again thanks everyone for all the information.

PS - canned machine food is intended to be a hands on workstation. Canned food is a way to avoid spoilage, and we don't want it to be fully automated... However, it should indeed stop when no player present... No promises on fixes though, until we can pinpoint the origin.

Hi Morte!

I was wondering - could I get your permission to do a mod spotlight video / mini review series on Starvation? I was thinking it could cover most of the features of the mod currently added, like all the animals and zombies you added, farming, power systems, machines, progression, and endgame content. But I know you already have some videos detailing your mods already, so I didn't want to do this without your consent first. :)

Hi Morte!

I was wondering - could I get your permission to do a mod spotlight video / mini review series on Starvation? I was thinking it could cover most of the features of the mod currently added, like all the animals and zombies you added, farming, power systems, machines, progression, and endgame content. But I know you already have some videos detailing your mods already, so I didn't want to do this without your consent first. :)

Of course, I have absolutely no problem with people using our mod for their personal social content. If anything I appreciate it :)

My own channel is more directed for people that want to observe the mod progress, including some of my failed attempts to modify something :)

Awesomesauce! I hope I can make a good guide to help people out especially with some common questions I see coming up on the thread as well as some general advice for starting out, which can be deadly if you spawn in a plains with 3 angry hyenas around you followed by a rhino :p

Launcher on IOS

Hi all, i see so many video of Starvation and this mods seems awesome....but i'm a mac player i know.. don't blame me :/

I want to know if it's possible to play Starvation on mac and if it's yes how ?

Because i can't use the launcher ...

Thx for you help and your work on this Game :)

Suekko

Hi all, i see so many video of Starvation and this mods seems awesome....but i'm a mac player i know.. don't blame me :/

Suekko

Unfortunately, I can't personally tell you if it's possible to use the same dlls since I have no way of trying it. For what I know, Unity on Windows uses Mono, same as other platforms, so almost everything is automatically cross-platform.

Maybe someone can give us some info.

Suekko

you should be ashamed.

Unfortunately, I can't personally tell you if it's possible to use the same dlls since I have no way of trying it. For what I know, Unity on Windows uses Mono, same as other platforms, so almost everything is automatically cross-platform.

Maybe someone can give us some info.

Thank you for answer and did you know if this kind of mod go to be officiel on the futur ?

And for the other, if anyone have a friends mac users who play starvation or Valmod mod i'm realy interesting for have any information.

Thank you everybody !

Morte

please answer

- - - Updated - - -

Eduuu,

Grass is part of the base (vanilla) game. If you remove it you'll have tons of barren land. Also grass is used for many recipes in vanilla and the Starvation Mod. Not sure what you're trying to say as the second part but if there is a mod that removes grass, then go ahead and install it. Leave grass in Starvation Mod.

If grass is causing FPS issues in your world then lower your graphics settings. Also, the developers mention that this mod is resource-heavy. In other worlds, it is known to use up a lot of resources and reducing frame-rates.

Have a good day.

Eduuu,

Grass is part of the base (vanilla) game. If you remove it you'll have tons of barren land. Also grass is used for many recipes in vanilla and the Starvation Mod. Not sure what you're trying to say as the second part but if there is a mod that removes grass, then go ahead and install it. Leave grass in Starvation Mod.

If grass is causing FPS issues in your world then lower your graphics settings. Also, the developers mention that this mod is resource-heavy. In other worlds, it is known to use up a lot of resources and reducing frame-rates.

Have a good day.

in the mod ravenheart

a good part of the grass, I calculate 50%

They gained performance in fps and also helps you see the loot of the backpacks

I am beginning to wonder if the last patch broke pre-existing games.... Am playing a multi-player game with my husband about a month ago.

My lathe currently will not work even placed next to a failure relay connected to a running generator. Bug?

Am using a vanilla generator as I cannot find a gauge to make a mod version for love nor money. Could this be the issue?

I am beginning to wonder if the last patch broke pre-existing games.... Am playing a multi-player game with my husband about a month ago.

My lathe currently will not work even placed next to a failure relay connected to a running generator. Bug?

Am using a vanilla generator as I cannot find a gauge to make a mod version for love nor money. Could this be the issue?

I'm guessing map corruption can happen to some people at any time. Our servers have been up and running thus far, and we have no reported issues, so I'm gonna risk saying it isn't directly tied to patch 16.0.0.29.

Supposedly A16.4 fixed all power issues, but make sure the blue light on the failure relay is coming on... If not, try to pick it up and place it again.

As for Gauges, they are rare, but are in the loot table. We didn't have complains after the last time Xyth adjusted it.

Thanks Mortelentus! Have logged back in and both issues seem to have resolved.

The lathe needed another engine in the geny. Works fine now!

Looking forward to trying the new additions! Thanks for all your hard work. Definitely my favourite mod! Happy new year!