A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Hi there,

Me and My friends playing in a private coop 4 people and have issue with ownership the dog.

Using collar and beat dog nothing happen to 3 of us, only one succeed... guess who? The host is the only one can own the dog, how can we fix this, is this a bug? Please help

This should be fixed in the latest release. Are you all playing on a dedicated server or 4 people on MP?

- - - Updated - - -

So I was off adventuring yesterday in my SP world and I found something very interesting - not sure who's discovered this yet so going to put it in a spoiler, but Morte or Xyth maybe you can answer a question I have about this conundrum... :D

So, I ventured around a town and found myself near one of those silos. Now that rubber pieces are found more frequently in cardboard boxes (and I know that the silo usually has lots of them) I thought great, let's go there and see if I can get myself a bit more rubber or scrap so I can make myself some more. So as usual I hopped over the gate and proceeded to start killing the military zeds on the surface that spawned.

Then things got... NUTS. I heard a zombie bear down in the silo and I could hear it fighting all the other zombies and waking them up. I knew the zeds won eventually because the bear stopped making noise, however I was hearing some very weird noises... and before I knew it a headless zombie was running up trying to kill me. The rez boss was down there somewhere and that explains how the bear didn't kill all the zeds... well crap. So I had to make sure to destroy all the bodies as I went so he couldn't regenerate them...

So, proceeded down and found a couple of girl and bikini zeds - those are creepy. Killed them all and knew the main action was in the kitchen area. At this point I could hear the rez boss, many radiated wights, and... something new. I'd never heard this sound before and all of a sudden I found my character being slowed to a crawl. My leg was fine, but... I looked in the kitchen and behind the 2 wights that rushed me, I saw... MORTELENTUS! And he didn't look good. He was puking on me and letting the rads catch up to me. So needless to say I got out of there and went to the lower floor to try ambushing from the other way, thinking there couldn't possibly be worse underneath that area...

But I was wrong to go that way. There was not only another radiated wight at the bottom, but a rad gorilla! And not to mention the rez boss was still restoring some of the rad zeds as I killed them making the whole thing super difficult to get through. All kinds of builders and soldiers mixed in with the bunch. Eventually found a couple of doc zeds and even a clown in the back where the munitions box was behind the stairs. Finally managed to kill them all after about 30 minutes of fighting, until only Morte and the rez boss was left.

Thankfully the rez boss got stuck between a door so I took him out easily with my crossbow, and finally got up to kill Morte as well. He actually didn't notice me sneak back in but there was a lady zed with no limbs and no head trying to get me as well. Took her out and then, one crossbow bolt to the head finally took him out (although I had previously peppered him with the MG4 in a blind panic) and down he went... But on looting him, he had zippo on him :(

So I learned 2 things

- Steel armour is BEAST

- Avoid that place when looking for rubber

And so... is killing Mortelentus meant to be a quest you do or does he have anything special you can get from him? Needless to say my gun collection grew by a fair margin that day... :D

Mortelentus isn't a special quest, he can be found often if your unlucky.

I placed a mini nuke on accident in my base so i picked it up and it did the explosion animation. A couple minutes later i started getting killed from radiation. Soon all the dirt around my base turn into radiated ground. Later it turned black. My radiation is still going up. Anyway to get rid of the radiation around my base??

lol yeah it really sucks when the mininuke explodes when you pick it up

Can anyone advise how to get the canned food machine to work? I can't interact with it nor hook it up to power.

That model needs fixing, sorry. There's a very small "hitbox" when looking from the top.

Also it's a manual machine, in the sense you need to be "there" for it to produce without loosing mats.

Upload spike making certain things unusable.

I've never experienced this before until playing this mod... and it's infuriating.

Around 100+ days into it, and things like the Big Forge, Weapons Workbench, and even the REGULAR Workbench are breaking for me due to a weird... anomaly.

Especially when working with weapons (IE: combining parts), though also most prominently with the Big Forge, I'll get an upload spike so severe that my client won't "recover" from it. And usually I end up losing gun parts or resources because something in the mod maxes my upload, and won't let my client even send my data to the server when I log out.

This only started happening partway through, but it's becoming so common that playing the mod is becoming more of a nuisance than a pleasure.

For reference: I have a 3 Mbps download, 0.3 Upload. I normally don't have problems (some small hiccups at worst) but this mod will max my upload and cause glitches ("breaking" stations to the point the server needs a reboot for ANYONE to use it) as well as loss of resources.

I've never experienced this before until playing this mod... and it's infuriating.

Around 100+ days into it, and things like the Big Forge, Weapons Workbench, and even the REGULAR Workbench are breaking for me due to a weird... anomaly.

Especially when working with weapons (IE: combining parts), though also most prominently with the Big Forge, I'll get an upload spike so severe that my client won't "recover" from it. And usually I end up losing gun parts or resources because something in the mod maxes my upload, and won't let my client even send my data to the server when I log out.

This only started happening partway through, but it's becoming so common that playing the mod is becoming more of a nuisance than a pleasure.

For reference: I have a 3 Mbps download, 0.3 Upload. I normally don't have problems (some small hiccups at worst) but this mod will max my upload and cause glitches ("breaking" stations to the point the server needs a reboot for ANYONE to use it) as well as loss of resources.

Sorry you're having problems, we never ever had that report, and I'm not persuing it for now... Again, sorry for your bad experience, and I hope you can find fun somewhere.

Sorry you're having problems, we never ever had that report, and I'm not persuing it for now... Again, sorry for your bad experience, and I hope you can find fun somewhere.

Eh, I suppose it could just be my net. It's just irritating nonetheless. Oh, that DOES remind me of a legitimate bug... Can you work on how the M2 / Mounted guns work? There's a bug with them where you can 'dupe' the MG by crolling mousewheel with other items on your hotbar. The item in question is deleted, and replaced by a second MG that can be re-equipped and exited to form a new turret.

(Also sorry if it's a bit odd to ask.. .but is there a legitimate "radiation biome" or just the edge of the map serving as no man's land? I've not seen a trace of the rad biome anywhere...)

Eh, I suppose it could just be my net. It's just irritating nonetheless. Oh, that DOES remind me of a legitimate bug... Can you work on how the M2 / Mounted guns work? There's a bug with them where you can 'dupe' the MG by crolling mousewheel with other items on your hotbar. The item in question is deleted, and replaced by a second MG that can be re-equipped and exited to form a new turret.

(Also sorry if it's a bit odd to ask.. .but is there a legitimate "radiation biome" or just the edge of the map serving as no man's land? I've not seen a trace of the rad biome anywhere...)

The turret bug is known, just not got around to solve it yet. On the "boring" todo list :)

And yes, there should be a first surrounding radiation biome (adapted burnt forest), before the edge of the map if you're using the original RWG files.

Can anyone advise how to get the canned food machine to work? I can't interact with it nor hook it up to power.

Look "down" onto it from above. I plan to fix that model, but for now you need to place it on the floor so you can look down onto it.

Hello, we just had the weirdest thing to happen, after the day 42 blood moon, zombies stopped to spawn, only animals spawn and we are running MP on Bluefang, any known bugs about this? i already checked the config files and they seem to be True enabled on spawning.

Thanks

Hello, we just had the weirdest thing to happen, after the day 42 blood moon, zombies stopped to spawn, only animals spawn and we are running MP on Bluefang, any known bugs about this? i already checked the config files and they seem to be True enabled on spawning.

Thanks

If server restart doesn't solve it, I would say that's probably a bugged entity somewhere, try to list them and kill them... Also search the foruns, I think that's a reported problem on official forum.

Things seems to be going fairly normal from what i can tell, except the "crafter has no inventory" errors. Crafters will have food, will have materials to work with, and a job to do, but will just stop working and stand there. Then that error will start scrolling every 30 seconds. We haven't yet been able to figure out why this happens. all we've been able to do is just kill that worker to get the error to stop. if we put a new one in, the error will start scrollings again. if we wait a few real days, we can get a new worker to work without the errors for a while.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

Things seems to be going fairly normal from what i can tell, except the "crafter has no inventory" errors. Crafters will have food, will have materials to work with, and a job to do, but will just stop working and stand there. Then that error will start scrolling every 30 seconds. We haven't yet been able to figure out why this happens. all we've been able to do is just kill that worker to get the error to stop. if we put a new one in, the error will start scrollings again. if we wait a few real days, we can get a new worker to work without the errors for a while.

Survivors are next on my list after todays patch :) Thank you for all the reports.

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.32

Beekeeping and fixes

beekeeper.jpg.1a9d179ed2f6546c9ffd4d7fbd813fac.jpg

• added beehives
  • added beekeeping suit
  • added beehive products (food, medicine and candles)
  • added queen bee to random loot
  • for more information about beekeeping, check our WIKI.
  • reduced honey jars in loot
  • capped rat spawning to 5 per 15 blocks
  • DUST2DEATH UI changes, as requested for some players
  • another fix for pet taming. People not able to own pets with the colar, should now be able to.
  • fixed animal files. They should now be working correctly and deleting on death / despawning
    • when getting a new pet, you will need to put it down and "tame" it at least once... That's the process, you have to "tame" it at least once, even if its a special pet, so be prepared.
    • File management should be better now, with auto deletion. There are still quite a few files, since there are many animals in the world, but they should be automatically controlled now. Will need feedback on this.
    • Again, check our WIKI if you want to learn more about pets, taming and trading animals.

[*]It is still advisable that server managers do a initial cleanup of the animal files folder (located on the save game folder).

[*]herbal antibiotics do NOT cure infection 3rd stage anymore

[*]reduced time of infection (stage 0, new infection)

[*]increased time of first and second stages of infection (infection1 and infection2)

[*]honey still heals infection, but the window to use it is small"ish" due to the shorter duration of that stage.

[*]reduced time to produce gascans from oil Barrels in the moonshine

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this changes and, as always, keep us informed of problems, balancing issues or bugs. We'll get to them IF and WHEN possible, without overlooking our own fun!

PS - For people playing on official servers, they should already be updated.

PS1- Public Server repo is already updated

PS2 - After this patch, if you have pets and they say they are "owned by someone else" but are indeed yours, you will have to ask your admin for a replacement

Here's a preview of beekeeping (early version):

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

[*]fixed animal files. They should now be working correctly and deleting on death / despawning

[*]when getting a new pet, you will need to put it down and "tame" it at least once... That's the process, you have to "tame" it at least once, even if its a special pet, so be prepared.

[*]File management should be better now, with auto deletion. There are still quite a few files, since there are many animals in the world, but they should be automatically controlled now. Will need feedback on this.

[*]It is still advisable that server managers do a initial cleanup of the animal files folder (located on the save game folder).

Can you elaborate on this perhaps...? How would I go about cleaning it up (short of deleting the folder entirely) and... what exactly would that 'do'?

Can you elaborate on this perhaps...? How would I go about cleaning it up (short of deleting the folder entirely) and... what exactly would that 'do'?

You can either delete all files in the folder (the animals will reset stats, including tamed ones), or delete files older then a few days. Since they weren't working, deleting dog files shouldn't be a problem. Deleting recent anm files can cause some trouble, since some can have farm animals that are already reproducing at a good rate, but its not catastrophic.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

You can either delete all files in the folder (the animals will reset stats, including tamed ones), or delete files older then a few days. Since they weren't working, deleting dog files shouldn't be a problem. Deleting recent anm files can cause some trouble, since some can have farm animals that are already reproducing at a good rate, but its not catastrophic.

will this fix the zombie bear tamed as well, or is that an entirely different issue?

I actually just wrote a small forfiles script and ran it in the /MorteAnimals/ directory in the save folder and had it remove all files older the 01/01/2018 so that it removed all the old files, mostly dead animals. Its possible that that could wipe out a tamed animal in which case the admin would need to replace it but that would be rare ad the file should be stamped the time the pet was last used and if they have not played with it in a couple weeks its in there inventory. The only pet that would be lost is one that had been left out walking around all that time. The reason for running a script and deleting one at a time is that that is just easier on windows then highlighting them in the directory and deleting them en masse.

Just so you know about the Bee Hive as the video was an earlier version before 'bee products' were added. Once you have a a queen bee in the hive and the hive is healthy and a swarm is produced, and you keep flowers near the hive that the bees can get pollen from the bees will start building the hive and producing hive products. These are raw products that you much harvest from the hive and process to make usable ingredients that can make foods and medications that can help your health, wellness, stamina and perform some nice cures.

Just so you know about the Bee Hive as the video was an earlier version before 'bee products' were added. Once you have a a queen bee in the hive and the hive is healthy and a swarm is produced, and you keep flowers near the hive that the bees can get pollen from the bees will start building the hive and producing hive products. These are raw products that you much harvest from the hive and process to make usable ingredients that can make foods and medications that can help your health, wellness, stamina and perform some nice cures.

I love the idea that now you can make jar of honey and eventually mass produce apple pies. Got a few questions about the new beehive though:

1. The queen is supposed to be found in the wild. Now does this mean I have to search unexplored territory to find her? I rode my bike for several hours and could not find a wild beehive.

2. Can you be more specific about finding the queen in dead trees. Does this mean tree trunks or those burnt out trees? Or what kind of trees are you talking about?

3. Will farmer NPCs be able to harvest these beehives for you?

4. Do player-planted flowers count or only those found in the wild (ex, created/placed by rng). What about flowers that were planted on fertilized soil?

5. What counts as flowers? Goldenrod was obvious since it was in the video but what about other types?

Since I'm already here, there are some other questions I have an animals:

1. I found goats but what is the purpose of them? Can you milk them? Or are they only for meat? I only a male/female pair so I don't want to experiment and accidently kill the female.

2. Is there a limit on number of cows and cows spawning in the wild? Ever since I started breeding cows (1 male and the rest females) I have not seen a cow/bull in the wild.

3. Is there a limit on number of cows in one area? With a male/female pair will they just breed on indifinitely or is there a limit?

4. Would be nice to show the hitpoints on the animals so we don't accidently kill them while harvesting them.

Thanks.