A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Why dont you want to implement a existing one? I mean there are working ones without causing any problems (on my experience)

Because to the development team, just adding more normal slots is not something we think makes the mod better. I was a fan of moving to 45 slots when I joined this team, but having played this mod a long time now, I am in agreement with the team that smaller is better, at least until we can code "accessory" bags for things like medicine and ammo pouches, and/or have unlockable slots gained through achievements or quests. The design choice of Starvation is to make things more challenging than vanilla, and just adding a ton of bag slots to a beginning character is the opposite of more challenging.

- - - Updated - - -

The insta-kill fix will be in the next patch.

the nuclear power plant does not work

good day everyone!

i have a problem with last version starvation mod (16.4) when my team ofline the nuclear power plant does not work. it`s to sad cause i supply with electricity from her small town.

who knows how to deal with it??

Because to the development team, just adding more normal slots is not something we think makes the mod better. I was a fan of moving to 45 slots when I joined this team, but having played this mod a long time now, I am in agreement with the team that smaller is better, at least until we can code "accessory" bags for things like medicine and ammo pouches, and/or have unlockable slots gained through achievements or quests. The design choice of Starvation is to make things more challenging than vanilla, and just adding a ton of bag slots to a beginning character is the opposite of more challenging.

- - - Updated - - -

The insta-kill fix will be in the next patch.

Speaking of challenge,when are you reworking Blood Moon Hordes? I'm on day 28 and I've noticed no Zombie Cops or Boss Infected in the horde.

Speaking of challenge,when are you reworking Blood Moon Hordes? I'm on day 28 and I've noticed no Zombie Cops or Boss Infected in the horde.

Once you hit GS1000 you will have your hands full with radiated cops and Wall Crushers. Right now at day 100 it takes me and my partner a full day and a half just to repair the base after each bloodmoon. Starvation isn't a few weeks then your finished mod. It ramps up nicely once your at a decent Gamestage. If your in a hurry, increase the game difficulty setting or increase the Gamestage multiplier for whatever difficulty level you pick.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Once you hit GS1000 you will have your hands full with radiated cops and Wall Crushers. Right now at day 100 it takes me and my partner a full day and a half just to repair the base after each bloodmoon. Starvation isn't a few weeks then your finished mod. It ramps up nicely once your at a decent Gamestage. If your in a hurry, increase the game difficulty setting or increase the Gamestage multiplier for whatever difficulty level you pick.

Agree. I'm not sure what Gamestage I'm at but I'm at day 143 and my 140 horde night was spectacular. In SP insane mode with 64 moon count I had over 15 wall crushers and 20+ radiated cops. They pretty much destroyed 1/4 of my base so I had to eventually run outside and face them head on. Ran around with pipe bombs, exploding bolts and normal steel bolts. Killed almost 200 zombies that night. Fun times!

my animals wont breed, :( damn prudes.

From the Wiki:

Each tamed animal has its own individual stats. For this first version, I consider feed level and loyalty.

-----------------How do we check the stats of farm animals?

A well feed animal will have higher chance of breeding successfully.

-----------------We keep at least 500 feed in the trough, would having more than one trough cause them to not eat and die? Like they keep looking in one that might be empty?

The same way, a more loyal animal will also breed better.

-----------------How do we check this?

Every tamed animal can be harvested. If you use the correct harvesting tool on the correct animal, you will be able to harvest him without killing it. Harvesting success is based on your husbandry skill. If you fail a harvest action, you will hurt the animal. If you fail enough times, you will KILL the animal.

-----------------Can we get a hitpoint mouse over when holding said tool so we know if were about to kill them? can they be healed?

By default all animals look for troughs for food, and eat hayBale.

-----------------Haybales on the ground, or do they need to be placed in the trough? do they need water access? does it need to be in the trough, or in the environment??

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

Is it possible to go into the deep radiation zone the one thats full red on the map. Every time i go there i always start to die even when i have a full rad suit on.

The Powered Exo-suit helps with this. (I havent done this my self, but some of the guys i play with said they did this)

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

-----------------Haybales on the ground, or do they need to be placed in the trough? do they need water access? does it need to be in the trough, or in the environment??

can only answer this one xD

you need to convert Haybales into animal feed.

Hmm,maybe I'll increase the Gamestage multiplier as a temporary fix for now. I still think early Blood Moons (7-35) should compensate for lack of special infected in some way. Maybe increasing the number of zombies by .5 ?

From the Wiki:

Each tamed animal has its own individual stats. For this first version, I consider feed level and loyalty.

-----------------How do we check the stats of farm animals?

A well feed animal will have higher chance of breeding successfully.

-----------------We keep at least 500 feed in the trough, would having more than one trough cause them to not eat and die? Like they keep looking in one that might be empty?

The same way, a more loyal animal will also breed better.

-----------------How do we check this?

Every tamed animal can be harvested. If you use the correct harvesting tool on the correct animal, you will be able to harvest him without killing it. Harvesting success is based on your husbandry skill. If you fail a harvest action, you will hurt the animal. If you fail enough times, you will KILL the animal.

-----------------Can we get a hitpoint mouse over when holding said tool so we know if were about to kill them? can they be healed?

@Purgatorywolf I've bred cows and pigs so breeding is working - it just takes some time. When you get your bull/cow, wait a few days to ensure they are eating, then start harvesting them. I think harvesting them makes them more friendly. Initially just harvest the cows for 1 milk. When time passes you can harvest them for 2 milk (at higher husbandry levels). Obviously, use your judgement on when enough is enough so that they don't die.

As for your questions:

1. The wiki might be outdated as I've seen pigs/cows/sheep, etc eat animal feed. They used to eat haybales but I'm pretty sure they eat only animal feed now. Chickens and rabbits have their own feed type. Anyways put animal feed in the trough as well as buckets of water. I have 3 buckets of water just in case but I think 1 bucket of water is enough. Animal feed can be created with certain combinations of wheat grain/haybales/sunflower oil and something else (maybe grass?) I can't remember.

2. I think you might be right about having 2 or more troughs in the same area causing animals to die. Initially I had one trough with animal feed/water buckets in it and all was well. I then expanded the room and placed another trough (with animal feed/water buckets) on the other side of the room. Then I started to noticed my animals started dying out even though they had access to both troughs which had food/water in them. I think the starvation team might need to look into this....

3. Showing animal stats is a good idea.

The recipe is calling for Cook Ware, which is a Big Oven. Buy they are only craftable in the Kitchen Table.

Confirming this issue. The new recipes for bees-related foods require cookware but the 'craft' button is only shown in the kitchen table. However the kitchen table does not have the cookware add-on. The Big Oven is the station with the cookware add-on. Looks like they were switched. In other words, you cannot craft these new recipes. Haven't tried to craft the beekeepers clothing yet.

Also insect cream does not cure bee stings even though the text from bee stings says it can.

I'll post more things if/when I find them.

can Rez Bosses and Parasite Bosses spawn on Bloodmoon? I really feel like a Rez Boss would find the most power during a horde night, where htere are TONS of dead bodies( and sometimes Wall crusher bodies) to rez

They spawned in Starvation Mod A15 during bloodmoon all the time and were tons of fun to deal with (and yes rez bosses could rez other bosses as well). Unfortunately, I think those bosses only spawn during quests or certain events now in the A16 version.

Confirming this issue. The new recipes for bees-related foods require cookware but the 'craft' button is only shown in the kitchen table. However the kitchen table does not have the cookware add-on. The Big Oven is the station with the cookware add-on. Looks like they were switched. In other words, you cannot craft these new recipes. Haven't tried to craft the beekeepers clothing yet.

Also insect cream does not cure bee stings even though the text from bee stings says it can.

If you have any form of xml knowledge, you can open up the Recipes.xml and find all Bee related recipes (search Bee in the document) and replace kitchenworkbench with bigOven. This'll let you at least use the new bee items until an official fix is made.

I'll do a quick patch if i arrive home at decent hours tonight

I'm trying to install the "combopack" mod, and after what I thought to be a successful merge of the two rwgmixer.xml from both starvation and combopack, the game crashes saying it expected a ">" instead of "s". Looks like the game doesn't want to use a different rwgmixer, is this the case? If so how can I finish merging the combopack? I made a similar post a while pack and was told that I had to compile combopack as a mod for SDX. I really don't want to fiddle around with that and if there are other ways I would appreciate it if you guys told me. Thanks

I'm trying to install the "combopack" mod, and after what I thought to be a successful merge of the two rwgmixer.xml from both starvation and combopack, the game crashes saying it expected a ">" instead of "s". Looks like the game doesn't want to use a different rwgmixer, is this the case? If so how can I finish merging the combopack? I made a similar post a while pack and was told that I had to compile combopack as a mod for SDX. I really don't want to fiddle around with that and if there are other ways I would appreciate it if you guys told me. Thanks

Sorry, we do not support compopack with Starvation. Too many of the POIs throw off the mods balance, due to excessive loot like oil barrels.

I have successfully merged them, but in a15. There was also intolerable lag in doing so. I would recommend you pick some buildings from compopack and add them if you want but stay away from merging the complete compo pack as it would require alot of xml editing.

"severe snake bite" buff don't have cooldown? will affect forever until we got an antivenom or die ?

Yeah and it ticks down wellness too, although the description doesn't say so. With the stamina being unable to properly play and the difficulty to come by a cure, I usually fix this by wallowing in cacti.

Dog doesn' t eat

After my first post here in forum about MP taming dog and claim ownership issue, in few days you release the fix.

Thank you very much, happy now to see it working but....

I think still have some issue about... "breeders"

2 dogs already dead because they doesn't eat, we put dogs cookies and murky water in the breeders but they still doesn' t eat.

we follow each step in Wikidot http://starvationmod.wikidot.com/dogs1 page but still can't find any solution to it.

Hope fix this, Thank you again for fast response.

Edited by Staraway (see edit history)

After my first post here in forum about MP taming dog and claim ownership issue, in few days you release the fix.

Thank you very much, happy now to see it working but....

I think still have some issue about... "breeders"

2 dogs already dead because they doesn't eat, we put dogs cookies and murky water in the breeders but they still doesn' t eat.

we follow each step in Wikidot http://starvationmod.wikidot.com/dogs1 page but still can't find any solution to it.

Hope fix this, Thank you again for fast response.

Are you using dog troughs to put the food in?