Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I was wondering if we were going to get local coop with this update I don’t have access to hi speed internet do to the face I live in the country. My kids and I would love to be able to play together.

I'm 90% sure that you can play on LAN.

your lever action almost reminded me of the 30-30 i had as a kid for deer hunting..

model 94 winchester

https://www.gunsamerica.com/940194005/WINCHESTER-MODEL-94-30-30-LEVER-ACTION-RIFLE-OLDER-MODE.htm

very nice small light weight for youngsters (back then)

back in the early 1980's when it was still legal to have a rifle here in Australia, i had one of these in .243 calibre

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2015/04/refreshing-mossberg-model-800-rifle.html

many hours reloading with different weight and style of points and different gun powders to get the tightest groupings i could. could get 3 shot group into an Aussie 50c coin at 250 meters.... at the range only had a x4 to x9 40mm variable scope on it..

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj9uszNwMTcAhUaMd4KHZj1BhAQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fitm%2FAustralian-fifty-cent-50c-coin-2007-COAT-OF-ARMS-circulated-COA-%2F152551202102&psig=AOvVaw3neV_P0XWxW77oPtwtlOsW&ust=1532960384221126

I'm 90% sure that you can play on LAN.

If there isn't an internet connection to authenticate with Steam, it won't work.

If you have as little as a basic DSL connection, you should be able to do this. Theoretically it could work on dial-up, but that would be pushing things a tad.

If there isn't an internet connection to authenticate with Steam, it won't work.

If you have as little as a basic DSL connection, you should be able to do this. Theoretically it could work on dial-up, but that would be pushing things a tad.

I can play offline with steam in sp. With other steam games I can play local coop offline. Yes I know there is a work around to be able to play with my kids but I have limited data on my cell and it is somewhat a pain. Was just wondering if the devs were ever planning on adding the option.

Not against removing loot from zeds for performance gains, but this may encourage many to avoid the horde all together. There should still be some kind of incentive to kill the zed, rather than avoid it. Maybe do some coding where the zed bodies arent lootable til the end of the horde? (4am)

I do miss the gore blocks even though they were ugly. I liked the idea that they can climb the dead to scale your walls

Not against removing loot from zeds for performance gains, but this may encourage many to avoid the horde all together. There should still be some kind of incentive to kill the zed, rather than avoid it. Maybe do some coding where the zed bodies arent lootable til the end of the horde? (4am)

I do miss the gore blocks even though they were ugly. I liked the idea that they can climb the dead to scale your walls

The way that i understood it is that when a zombie has loot but the gore block disappears then a backpack will be in its place.

The way that i understood it is that when a zombie has loot but the gore block disappears then a backpack will be in its place.

I could go for the backpacks, save one thing. - Do zombies walking over them cause them damage? I've literally, in creative mode, hovered about 15 feet off the ground, killed a few zombies. And watched a horde CHURN up gore blocks and containers on the ground just by walking, as the AI walks them all in circles, meandering back and forth, or in figure eights. They will, very quickly, destroy containers just by walking around.

I wonder if this is a problem that's seen in A17. It really only becomes relevant if you're shooting straight down at a group, like say through iron bars. Backpacks aren't known for being the toughest containers. (Of course you can mod that in the XML.)

I just want to sate my autism in alpha 17 with the new zombie ai dammit

too hyped for words

[attach=config]24814[/attach]

Ahh, that is nothing mate. Just wait for our annual F5 button hitting, usually happens few hours before new release is ..released, even experimental.

Ahh, that is nothing mate. Just wait for our annual F5 button hitting, usually happens few hours before new release is ..released, even experimental.

If we don't crash the server, something bad might happen. So... we have to do it.

your cough is getting contagious, cough video.

Really starting to wonder on the release especially since streamers dont even have it yet.

If i am correct streamers get it about a week before A17E is released so of they already had it release would be imminent.

Archived