Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Heatmap does not refer to actual heat, but overall activity by the player/s

I'm aware, but I meant more in the sense that it would help reduce the heatmap, at least within a range, thus attracting less screamers every 10 friggen minutes, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, running ACs would probably add to the heat map, but it would be useful for dealing with temperature swings in warmer biomes.

Yeah that makes more sense.

Actually, wouldn't it be neat if you could build some AC's that would reduce the heatmap of the area it's in? And the elec stove would have way less heat than the campfire?

I should ask this in the modding forum, but... has anyone tried borrowing xml from the campfire to make the air conditioner heat you by a negative amount?

I should ask this in the modding forum, but... has anyone tried borrowing xml from the campfire to make the air conditioner heat you by a negative amount?

I tried it. I couldn't make it work. Unlike all the other buffs, the campfire's warming buff is hard coded and not exposed in xml. I tried simply using the campfire buff and giving it a negative value, but it ignored the negative and still warmed me up. You would have to know how to crack open the game itself and modify the game's internal code rather than the xml files. That's the one kind of modding I haven't gotten into yet.

Specifically, it was the "area of effect" that you can't replicate in the xml. You could have a buff that cools you when you touch the air conditioner, just not one that works from more than a block away.

I tried it. I couldn't make it work. Unlike all the other buffs, the campfire's warming buff is hard coded and not exposed in xml. I tried simply using the campfire buff and giving it a negative value, but it ignored the negative and still warmed me up. You would have to know how to crack open the game itself and modify the game's internal code rather than the xml files. That's the one kind of modding I haven't gotten into yet.

Specifically, it was the "area of effect" that you can't replicate in the xml. You could have a buff that cools you when you touch the air conditioner, just not one that works from more than a block away.

From what I can tell it should be pretty easy to do using the new buff system in a17.

From what I can tell it should be pretty easy to do using the new buff system in a17.

I hope so. It should work, as long as they make it possible to do AoE buffs from the xml. That's what is currently missing. It even has a comment from the devs in that file saying that it can't be done. The more they expose, the more we can mod.

Don't recall any specified date, just a statement that one may come out soon.

They mention it is on horizon, if not this week then higher chance for weekend video. They do mention they want to launch before weekend, but if not then on weekend.

I wonder what MadMole will show us in his next video (: I hope it is the quest system, since we don't know much about it and, to me, is the most anticipated feature of A17. I would also like to know more about the skill system and progression.

MadMole I'm really looking forward to your new video (;

I hope it is the quest system, since we don't know much about it and, to me, is the most anticipated feature of A17. I would also like to know more about the skill system and progression.

probably not, acording to rolands thread. unless new build is baked

I wonder what MadMole will show us in his next video (: I hope it is the quest system, since we don't know much about it and, to me, is the most anticipated feature of A17. I would also like to know more about the skill system and progression.

MadMole I'm really looking forward to your new video (;

Now, don't get too disappointed if there is no new video today from MadMole.

Terms like soon, hopefully, next weekend, are terms that one should take lightly at the 7D2D forums :p

:)

...and please hide wires unless wire tool is in hand...my base is starting to look like...

REW_PowerInNumbers.jpg

But... That look's beautiful!

- - - Updated - - -

MM. release the Bandits!

But I thought that you were the Bandit. ;)

Guest Rust Buddy
How about you leave our terrain alone and go play rust & Day Z and ark instead :smile-new:

just a suggestion, dude. it cant hurt you or change the game all by itself unless your worried Madmole will listen to his good old Rust Buddy. :)

Madmole

what plans or strategies do you have to get more zombies on screen at once? have you thought of static terrain and making the world a hybrid voxel world instead of compleately voxel? just because you started out one way doesnt mean you cant change!!! is digging that important compared to getting hoards of 100+ zombies?

others can answer if they want but my question is for madmole from his rust buddy haha and no one needs to tell me to shut up or go away.

Guest Rust Buddy
probably not, acording to rolands thread. unless new build is baked

whats Rolands thread? I thought this was Rolands thread. haha

more zombies > quests is what I think anyway! I already go to houses and buildings and look for loot inside. why do I need someone to tell me to go to one house and look for some loot? I probably would have gone on my own anyway. And with more zombies thats more xp you can earn without a trader giving you a point for going somewhere and getting something and bringing it back.

Guest Rassilon
just a suggestion, dude. it cant hurt you or change the game all by itself unless your worried Madmole will listen to his good old Rust Buddy. :)

Madmole

what plans or strategies do you have to get more zombies on screen at once? have you thought of static terrain and making the world a hybrid voxel world instead of compleately voxel? just because you started out one way doesnt mean you cant change!!! is digging that important compared to getting hoards of 100+ zombies?

others can answer if they want but my question is for madmole from his rust buddy haha and no one needs to tell me to shut up or go away.

Even if it is possible to change that in the current game ( what i doubt ) i really dont think it would be a good idea.

Voxel made this game popular and and was always the Key Feature since start and was also responsible for the huge success this game had and has.

It is allready rumoured that the next game of TFP will have a Static world, but i guess this will take a lot of time, if they dont abonden this game ( wich they wont hopefully^^ )

+1^^

Changing the world to static terrain would be the Mother of All Bait and Switches. They can change mountain lions into snakes without too much flack but this would be going too far.

Or possibly they could go that route for Horde Mode in order to emphasize larger hordes. Perhaps removing digging from an alt game mode within the game could be an alternative to getting rid of it completely in the main game.

Archived