Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Question:

Early in the A16 Discussion it was said by MM that the Landclaim-System will get an Overhaul in the Future.

Any Chance if this will be in A17 or rather A18? And any details what is planned in this Overhaul?

whats wrong with current landclaim system? its perfect

Roland, do you know, will we can edit our point on map in Alpha 17, or we will must deleted it and creating new point as it is now? Thanks.

I guess google translate messed up there. At least, i wouldnt have any idea what you just asked. Bet that goes for Roland too :)

Cheers

I have a question in regards to A17's new buff system, I am curious as to if we will be able to create custom AOE effects like the old campfire buff that was hardcoded. It would be nice to be able to make an AOE healing effect for say a med bay for eg, or have a air conditioner provide a cooling effect for those hot days.

I have a question in regards to A17's new buff system, I am curious as to if we will be able to create custom AOE effects like the old campfire buff that was hardcoded. It would be nice to be able to make an AOE healing effect for say a med bay for eg, or have a air conditioner provide a cooling effect for those hot days.

Magic 8 Ball says.... Maybe.

...way I see it, this close to gold, that if they're going to re-do features, it's going to be "final", thus "In Pimps We Trust" kicks in and I'm thinking the buff system will be the most robust thing since Community Coffee.

Roland, do you know, will we can edit our point on map in Alpha 17, or we will must deleted it and creating new point as it is now? Thanks.

Sorry Orsey, I don't know what you mean. Edit your point as in teleport to a new point? A waypoint? Please describe what it is you do now and why you do it in more detail.

Hi Roland, do you have any more info about the upcoming video?

Being as it's Memorial day weekend in the States, Madmole could have more time to put it together and it will come out today or it could be his family looked at him with those Puss in Boots eyes and said, "Family time, please. We want swimming, bar-b-que, lawn games, shopping, and more!"

So...maybe?

s-l300.jpg

Sorry Orsey, I don't know what you mean. Edit your point as in teleport to a new point? A waypoint? Please describe what it is you do now and why you do it in more detail.

I think, Orsey wanted to know, if we can rename map markers(waypoint) or move them around on map in A17.

I think, Orsey wanted to know, if we can rename map markers(waypoint) or move them around on map in A17.

If this is the case then as of now you must still delete and replace and rename same as A16.

You'll need to start a new map and save game for a17.

If this is what you meant then Guppy tells it true.

Then you also need a lighter. To burn said plans, start a small fire, cook some grilled meat, then come up with another plan. Then well, pull that plan out of your butt. That's how that phrase works right? :p

Oh wait, that's what I do, I'm glad we have people on balance stuff... XD

So in your analogy, who or what is the gasoline?

...and more importantly, a month or so back, you mentioned you'd be posting more about rwg? =) (least, I think it was rwg, but you DID say you'd post more about something.)

/shoutout to BunnyNZ

Point on map != waypoint? )) Ok )

So this image as illustrate what I mean )

waypoint.jpg

So, you can see, we can't edit any waypoint. We can only delete OLD waypoint and create NEW waypoint.

Will we can edit our waypoints in 17 Alpha?

Thank you )

Can we change Name and/or Icon for waypoints now?

or

Will we can change Name and/or Icon for waypoints in 17 Alpha?

You asked about A17 and I answered you for A17. You cannot edit waypoints in A17 as of now. You have to remove and create a new one. I haven't read or seen anything to indicate that editing waypoints instead of removing and replacing is on the developer's radar.

You asked about A17 and I answered you for A17. You cannot edit waypoints in A17 as of now. You have to remove and create a new one. I haven't read or seen anything to indicate that editing waypoints instead of removing and replacing is on the developer's radar.

Thank you. Ok.

Magic 8 Ball says.... Maybe.

...way I see it, this close to gold, that if they're going to re-do features, it's going to be "final", thus "In Pimps We Trust" kicks in and I'm thinking the buff system will be the most robust thing since Community Coffee.

Entities can have AOEs and if "the" campfire buff is getting changed over to the new system then it won't be a one-off.

Awesome! thanks guys, sounds great!

Can we change Name and/or Icon for waypoints now?

or

Will we can change Name and/or Icon for waypoints in 17 Alpha?

Just so you know, "can" cannot be used in the future tense. You have to say "be able"

> "will we be able to change"

Archived