Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

TFP AWESOME!!

Love the way you put each trader with there own special goods to sell!

Taming wolf is going to be BadAss!!

In TFP I Trust.........

Hoping it works out that they each have a specialty so you would now have to travel to different traders for things you need and not just build a base next to one and have him be your one-stop-shopping outlet. Having to send out individuals/teams to different traders to get specific parts you need would add to extending the game play at least to me.

Hey, I believe Sirilion put a screamer's scream as a replacement for the minibike ring in his mod. How about that? :)

Please tell me I can ride around my enemies base blowing the screamer horn and call a horde :D

Immersion. I don't want unneeded clutter on my screen.

I get that is how you and some others feel about the game UI. However you have a lot of 7 Days players that would like it added, enough so that making it an option wouldn't be bad idea. There are some people that installing a mod like that is just beyond their skill level. As far the the mini map and I am NOT talking the one with the zombie blimps on it. It would be a great asset to a lot of people when driving one of your vehicles. The mini map isn't even mod-able due to some issues with coordinates on the screen. Pretty sure it is Red Eagle that posted about that in the past. A lot of games have parts of the UI that can be turned off and on depending on what the player wants to see. I think it should be something to at least thing about doing at some point. Think of it this way....you probably won't have any one complain of it being a game option but you sure would get a lot of praise and bravos from those that want it.

So your PC is slower than a console? I think there are memory leaks and other crap going on, we've tested bikes on minimum hardware and they should keep up with chunk loading under normal rules. Add some mods in or have more than 8 players on a server, or a server that isn't fast enough, and sure there could be problems.

But to answer your question, the old minibike was probably the "top speed" and the new one will be nerfed some so that there is a noticeable upgrade for the motorbike.

Right now we're just hooking up the new stuff. There hasn't been any balance, but nobody has fallen through the world once with the new system, and there are some other very nice surprises I will reveal soon that came with some of the framework changes we made to support real vehicles.

My computer is much faster than a console (i5-4690k, 32gb ram, 1080 gpu, SSD drive for the game install, not a potato at all). However when driving looking for towns and new chunks loading it will start to lag up even with vanilla as I had it happening at the beginning of a16 before I did my simple mods. The server was the BGG sub server running vanilla at the time and I just gave up exploring as I was worried I was lagging the other couple of players out. Anyway thanks for the answer. Good to know you are keeping the top speeds. Even though the minibike will go slower to do so.

Here is what I posted the last time this was asked:

I didn't realize cutting room floor meant forever. I was thinking it meant a17. Sad about the zip-lines......actually happy about the behemoth as the idea of something that would tear up my base that fast was not appealing in the slightest to me.

Good to know you are keeping the top speeds. Even though the minibike will go slower to do so.

I hope they're thinking about other 'levers' to pull besides top speed now that there will be different vehicles to choose from. For instance, I would love to have an ATV that's as good with steep slopes and tall grass as the minibike is now, and then the minibike can be nerfed more like you'd expect a minibike to handle.

Basically, I like to think in terms of operational roles. For my two cents, I'd take a breadth-first approach for vehicles. That is to say, add vehicles that are good at A, B, and C respectively, instead of vehicle A that's better all around than vehicle B that's better than vehicle C. The bicycle can be the quiet, stealthy vehicle, rather than 'the cheap minibike.'

Zip, I'm safe, game over, hahahahaa. Oh wait I'm bored.

If that is the case wouldn't it mean they had breached your base defenses and already overrun you? and if that is the case you still wouldn't be off scott free, your base would still be overrun and damaged and potentially lost loot storage.

I am not saying its needed but got us hyped up in the a16 previews and now its been pushed back another alpha making it 2 alphas people have been eagerly waiting.

About the Max speed

You added a Command to Prerender the map, that helps much i read

(But have that command not at hand)

visitmap -10000 -10000 10000 10000

That will map your entire world. The 4 numbers are coordinates to define a rectangle/square to be mapped. Seems to take about 30 hours to do the whole map on my server. My bike hasn't caused any chunk loading issues since I used this command.

Offering!

The ability to receive two or more items when crafting.

<recipe name="cloth,wood" count="1,1">

</recipe>

The chance of successful crafting.

<recipe name="cloth" count="1" prob="0.1">

</recipe>

When creating an object, use interchangeable items:

<recipe name="stick" count="1">

<ingredient name="cloth,wood" count="1,1"/>

</recipe>

The same parameters from the bullet were combined with the parameters of the weapon.

weapon=4dmg

bullet=3dmg

total=7dmg

Same parameters on the spare parts of the weapon, folded.

Parts="FalloffRange" value="8"

barrel="FalloffRange" value="5"

receiver="FalloffRange" value="4"

Grip="FalloffRange" value="6"

total=23

Offering!

The ability to receive two or more items when crafting.

<recipe name="cloth,wood" count="1,1">

</recipe>

The chance of successful crafting.

<recipe name="cloth" count="1" prob="0.1">

</recipe>

When creating an object, use interchangeable items:

<recipe name="stick" count="1">

<ingredient name="cloth,wood" count="1,1"/>

</recipe>

The same parameters from the bullet were combined with the parameters of the weapon.

weapon=4dmg

bullet=3dmg

total=7dmg

Same parameters on the spare parts of the weapon, folded.

Parts="FalloffRange" value="8"

barrel="FalloffRange" value="5"

receiver="FalloffRange" value="4"

Grip="FalloffRange" value="6"

total=23

is this a wish or is it allready possible ?

Glad to see you finally came out of your bunker and posted a video. :)

Seen your screen shots but videos are much better.

What I would like to know is how these factions will work.

I mean White river has trading post all over Naz. Plus they are hostile with the Duke faction.

Are you planning to rearrange the White river traders then so that they occupy only part of the map while the Duke controls another part?

Will you be able to trade with the Duke's faction?

If you kill a faction NPC can you get all there armor and weapons?

Will your rep change if you do attack just one with no witnesses?

Are you planning other factions as well?

I saw that you guys were planning to add some sort of Cult faction to the game as well. Is that still happening?

Ofc I want to hear bout the other stuff you all are putting out to. :)

This will get buried under the coolness that MM has been posting. Maybe I'll find a better place elsewhere.

Simple Ideas:

2. Let us rearrange our crafting queue. I was making a bunch of cobblestones, but then I needed to make a few ladders. Wait 6 minutes for 2 seconds of ladders that I need more immediately? Uhhh, no. However, it was annoying to cancel the cobblestones and then queue them up again. Would have been nice to click and drag them backward in the queue. (If this doesn't get changed, no big deal, but it would be a nice convenience feature.)

I massively second that ^^

Can we get a pistol grip that shoots wooden sticks mod for our pistol?

Yeah...all those pretty much worthless gun parts where taking up to much space...as it is at this point , if its not super high quality , I was just breaking them down constantly . Would much rather have crazy Borderlands/diablo-esque mods for weapons , then all those worthless parts .

Lucky Piercing Hardened Acidic Pistol of Fiery Destruction please! ;)

Imagine all the modding of mods... guns that shoot rocks, rocks that shoot guns, blueberry pie landmines, shoes that allow you to fly, cigars that raise your wellness, machetes that shock...

Cigars that make your plan come together!

About the 4 mod areas on a bike, I think most people want more storage on their mini-bike. Much more...

My dream 7D2D bike. You know you want one too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22976[/ATTACH]

You can have "Bad to the Bone",

I'll take: "Haul it all, including the bones!" :)

I just looked at the new art concepts, awesome sauce, schnoze berries and all of the Wonka chocolates. I have my golden ticket.

But one question, I am aware it may not be answered. With all of the changes to the whole 7dtd in A17, will there be more updates after 16.4 but before 17 since it will essentially be a completely different concept?

- - - Updated - - -

Even if we can't drive the A-Team van I'd be happy to just live in a van down by the river!

I will be happy with the Mr. T mohawk. Go A-team.

Originally Posted by Jedo View Post

This will get buried under the coolness that MM has been posting. Maybe I'll find a better place elsewhere.

Simple Ideas:

2. Let us rearrange our crafting queue. I was making a bunch of cobblestones, but then I needed to make a few ladders. Wait 6 minutes for 2 seconds of ladders that I need more immediately? Uhhh, no. However, it was annoying to cancel the cobblestones and then queue them up again. Would have been nice to click and drag them backward in the queue. (If this doesn't get changed, no big deal, but it would be a nice convenience feature.)

I massively second that ^^

3rd would help a lot

Archived