Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Every single time. Without some algorithm determining whether or not a specific mag extended will add 1, 3, or 6 to a pistol. It should hold what it holds, not ".8" of a round.

I'll just attach that to my spike club and hit them 1.8 times per swing! Its OP, but I'm doing it! :)

All I'll say is that A17 will end the #hungerandthirstbargate once and for all... :)

Hahahaha! You can be such an optimist.

It will only be round 2.

I'll just attach that to my spike club and hit them 1.8 times per swing! Its OP, but I'm doing it! :)

You can swing it more often without reloading.

That's simply how it works.

If you install it in a club with a 3 swing magazine... again: Learn to math!

Make some zeds hit more often quicker and others that don't. You would be surprised how just little things like that can throw you off your game and make it more challenging because their attack sequence is unpredictable and you just won't know till you engage.

Unless we get a cool new bar that shows the attack speed of each zombie you hover over.... ;-)

I get your point, I wasn't even intending on showing it, its just something that went in recently and we haven't even discussed all the show/hide rules yet and decided on anything final. Like I'm pretty sure we won't show on non hostiles or targets you haven't even engaged yet, or sleepers.

An option in the menu to hide/show different HUD elements would be ideal. Some did state that they like the idea of the enemy HP bar. :)

Then I can turn EVERYTHING off and others can just turn this or that off or on.

Make some zeds hit more often quicker and others that don't. You would be surprised how just little things like that can throw you off your game and make it more challenging because their attack sequence is unpredictable and you just won't know till you engage.

That's so true. When an enemy is predictable, it's easy to just come up with a formula to completely adapt to their attacks.

Unpredictability means surprise. Surprise means senseless actions. Senseless actions mean mistakes. Mistakes mean death.

An option in the menu to hide/show different HUD elements would be ideal. Some did state that they like the idea of the enemy HP bar. :)

Then I can turn EVERYTHING off and others can just turn this or that off or on.

Did you just ask for what we have been asking for for ages??? Roland is on board now. Make it so.

I get your point, I wasn't even intending on showing it, its just something that went in recently and we haven't even discussed all the show/hide rules yet and decided on anything final. Like I'm pretty sure we won't show on non hostiles or targets you haven't even engaged yet, or sleepers.

^^ To show it unintended was maybe a good thing, so you can take it in your considerations. Thanks for clearifying.

And as i said everything else i perceived look amazing.

Did you just ask for what we have been asking for for ages??? Roland is on board now. Make it so.

I was always on board with selectable options for HUD. That is way easier than modding everything invisible.

/Thanks to Dad

/Thanks to Sphereii

As proven with this video, people flip out to see unfinished stuff, like the enemy health bar.

Most of the commentary on the health bar has been constructive feedback, with one or two exceptions.

Even if I didn't know what a radioactive cop was capable of, after he took a few 7.62 rounds to the head without dying, I'd start questioning the feasibility of taking him on.

We're still deciding that. It might be a perk you buy, so its not even there by default. Maybe it will just be for bosses. Originally it was for them because we have these cool group quests you can do, and having a health bar for the big boss is kind of essential in our opinion. Nobody likes a stupid radiated feral that you can't even kill because he's regenerating or whatever. We're going to communicate what kind of strengths they have as well with little icons so you know their strengths and weaknesses.

Getting it with a perk would be good. Or with an option in along with making the other UI stuff an option. Options make live better and stop people from complaining as much.

I think the zeds should be the main threat for players not the bandits.

I agree

Unpredictability means surprise. Surprise means senseless actions. Senseless actions mean mistakes. Mistakes mean death.

Death means Ressurection. Ressurection menas Transplantation. Transplantation means Unpredictablility. Unpredict...

Archived