Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Every time Madmole shows 3rd person mocap improvements to the player character model that is also progress for bandits.

This IS what I was referring to but it has a lot more significance than simply fatigue. Maybe Gazz will come on and give some details on the new Integrated Survival System since it has technically been shown now. All I'll say is that A17 will end the #hungerandthirstbargate once and for all... :)

FRtUzjG.png

Wow. You sure you don't want Sherlock as your handle?

Maybe, but Sherlock is more observant than I am.

But this is clever, I see it now (I think).

Your maximum stamina is now determined by you fullness and or hydration. So if you keep yourself fed you have more stamina at your disposal. So basically you can see how much hunger/thirst you have by looking at your stamina :) Will make keeping yourself fed more important than it already was, since I think it already affected your regeneration rate before.

As for the cupboards, I think the idea is nice, the implementation is a bit a off. Ideally a closed one would turn to an open one after looting (but might still have items in it) an open one will show a player its likely been searched before and will this take its loot from a different table with lower chances or less stuff. I would certainly use these models that way in my mod, loot something and it turns into a open one.

This IS what I was referring to but it has a lot more significance than simply fatigue. Maybe Gazz will come on and give some details on the new Integrated Survival System since it has technically been shown now. All I'll say is that A17 will end the #hungerandthirstbargate once and for all... :)

FRtUzjG.png

Roland, where is my reward? ) How many points of experience do I have? )))

Whats the problem with that? Cupboards need open space before them anyways, otherwise you wouldn't be able to open the doors.

True... okay, I can accept that's not a negative, but my other point still stands; they're now static blocks that serve no purpose other than to give me a quick indication whether or not I should bother to loot them, which means I'll be in and out of houses more quickly. And I don't like that. First thing I'll mod is make them lootable.

We could have a zombie that is going to send out a burst of radiation that you need to get away from for a few seconds then you could go back in to fight it. Would have a sound cue to let you know when it was going to do the special attack. But none of this blowing up and doing tons of block damage. I am so over all the holes in the ground from exploding zeds. The block damage and the fact that cops can spit directions they aren't looking are the things that bother me about them.

True... okay, I can accept that's not a negative, but my other point still stands; they're now static blocks that serve no purpose other than to give me a quick indication whether or not I should bother to loot them, which means I'll be in and out of houses more quickly. And I don't like that. First thing I'll mod is make them lootable.

The rotten food inside the fridges looks frigging cool, though.

What would be ideal is if looting a closed cupboard changed it to the open cupboard visual and then putting something into the open cupboard changed it back to the closed cupboard visual. Even better would be if we could choose to leave the door opened or closed but still place things in the containers. Then the devs could remove the text from the screen letting us know if something is looted or not. Then you could put something in a cupboard and leave the door open and others might not find it because they just skip over it...

Just adding noninteractive blocks to the game that appear looted is much less exciting and randomly switching things up so that the one on the left is looted this time but the one on the right is looted next time isn't exactly what I think most people were thinking of when we were hoping for procedurally generated POI containers.... Hopefully this is just iteration one and it can be improved in the future.

RE: Cupboards, please don't make EVERY lootable one guaranteed to have loot. Just because the door is closed doesn't mean it hasn't been looted, or had anything inside to begin with.

In that train of thought just cause one is open doesn't mean they found everything. They might have got interrupted, killed and be one of the sleepers in the house.

In that train of thought just cause one is open doesn't mean they found everything. They might have got interrupted, killed and be one of the sleepers in the house.

Agreed. Visual indicators should give you an IDEA of what's inside, not a binary yes/no.

Your maximum stamina is now determined by you fullness and or hydration. So if you keep yourself fed you have more stamina at your disposal. So basically you can see how much hunger/thirst you have by looking at your stamina :) Will make keeping yourself fed more important than it already was, since I think it already affected your regeneration rate before.

If that is the case I don't like it at all. Means you will need to keep food and water with you all the time taking up another 2 slots. Other wise you will be annoyed to death by stamina issues if you are one of those people like me that hates to be slowed down.

I song I plagiarized for Roll

Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'

Rawhide!

Keep Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'

Though the streams are swollen

Keep them dogies Trollin'

Rawhide!

Through rain and wind and weather

Hell-bent for leather

Wishin' my gal was by my side.

All the things I'm missin'

Good vittles, love, and kissin'

Are waiting at the end of my ride.

CHORUS

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Head 'em up, move 'em on

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Rawhide

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in

Rawhide!

Yeah. Either that or, once again, make zombies more challenging. Some abilities such as grappling/leaping could make a small group deadly.

Zombies that could grab onto ledges at higher difficulties would be interesting, always thought the zombie dogs should be able to leap to a certain height to.

A17 will end the #hungerandthirstbargate once and for all... :)

By unlink the amount you drink ans eat from hunger and thirst ? Let RNG decide if you starve ? Out of the sudden ?

(Ok, i read further, the other theorie sounds better)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the sleeper is IN that Container ^^

If that is the case I don't like it at all. Means you will need to keep food and water with you all the time taking up another 2 slots. Other wise you will be annoyed to death by stamina issues if you are one of those people like me that hates to be slowed down.

Or rather have a bigger purpose to raise your maximum stamina.

Unless wellness doesn't work like that anymore.

The rotten food inside the fridges looks frigging cool, though.

The buildings in the towns of Fallout 4 look frigging cool except that you soon realize that most of them can't be entered and they're just props. What makes 7 Days to Die so awesome is that every single building has an interior that can be entered, enhanced, destroyed, whatever. Things that look like containers shouldn't just be cool looking props. They should be interactive and if possible changing the visual look of something from closed to open is even better-- but not at the sacrifice of losing interactivity.

Guppy is right. If we can't switch the visual of a single container from closed to open and back again then at least make all the open versions into lootable containers that perhaps have an even greater chance of being empty but still might have something in them. That's my vote.

I'm not a fan of the enemy HP bars whatsoever. Horrible idea imo, even and especially for boss zombies.

Textures (example the microwave and the empty fridge)to me look they have taken steps back about 5 alpha's. They look very simplistic, definitely worse than what we have now. Maybe that was because he was playing in the editor? I sure hope so because otherwise I think they look like trash.

I'm not a fan of this trend towards making the houses dungeon crawl eithr, that just takes away the open world aspect to me.

Or rather have a bigger purpose to raise your maximum stamina.

Unless wellness doesn't work like that anymore.

I just don't want stamina getting any worse than it already is. My girl huffs and puffs so much already now that it truly takes the fun out the game a bit. Maybe if they sped up that normal walk speed a bit. Feels like we walk at grandma/grandpa speeds.

The buildings in the towns of Fallout 4 look frigging cool except that you soon realize that most of them can't be entered and they're just props. What makes 7 Days to Die so awesome is that every single building has an interior that can be entered, enhanced, destroyed, whatever. Things that look like containers shouldn't just be cool looking props. They should be interactive and if possible changing the visual look of something from closed to open is even better-- but not at the sacrifice of losing interactivity.

Guppy is right. If we can't switch the visual of a single container from closed to open and back again then at least make all the open versions into lootable containers that perhaps have an even greater chance of being empty but still might have something in them. That's my vote.

My vote goes for less usable loot in general. Make more of it trash and unusable for the player to craft with but a item you can sell to a trader/wandering NPC in exchange for more craft item components. Give more of a reason for trading to exist.

I just don't want stamina getting any worse than it already is. My girl huffs and puffs so much already now that it truly takes the fun out the game a bit. Maybe if they sped up that normal walk speed a bit. Feels like we walk at grandma/grandpa speeds.

Since i drink 2-3 Grain alkohol per day and 5-6 Coffee (the first 100-150 Level until my skills and wellnes are up) i have no issues.

(Never be to hot or cold)

I agree with Gup: Instead of special zeds with magical alien powers enhanced by exposure to rads, wait for bandits!

Enemy HP seems like it would be pretty immersion breaking IMO.

Disagree. I think the zeds should be the main threat for players not the bandits. Zeds aren't that much of a threat right now because the pathing is just not that good atm. Even getting them to path slightly better will increase their threat more. Make some zeds hit more often quicker and others that don't. You would be surprised how just little things like that can throw you off your game and make it more challenging because their attack sequence is unpredictable and you just won't know till you engage.

Still think bandits need to be in the game and all that but I don't think they should be the main threat.

All just my opinion and all that.

Archived