Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Anyone wanna talk geology?

LOL great...so yeah...last year in testing for Ancestry.com I found out my father was not my father. he raised me my entire life and now that my mother passed away, I can't go ask her for the details.

I also found I have a sister and my real father passed away about 6 years ago and so I never met him.

So...maybe we should talk about A17 and if we will have Ale or Lager or just "beer" :) and why don't we have scotch to go with the cigars?

So...maybe we should talk about A17 and if we will have Ale or Lager or just "beer" :) and why don't we have scotch to go with the cigars?

As long as we can replace the Scotch with Crown and Cigars with Um well use your imagination. (not sure of the legality in your area lol)

Not sure why the Quote thing just glitched out again but oh well

How about astro geology ? Tell us about Jupiter`s moon called Europe. An icy piece of rock that suggests life is possible , thats where I can join.

Funny because that's where DaVega lives!

(Oh. That was the joke you already were making? Damn.)

while they want it to be as bug free as possible, just remember this is not a17, but a17 experimental. I've seen a lot of post that make me wonder if there are a lot of people here who do not understand the difference, and will be here complaining they released a bug filled update lol

Thats the version people will base their current reviews on Steam on.

Just because its called experimental will not make people consider it so.

(A true experimental build would come out in way shorter duration, testing out a feature or two at a time, that might get reverted or changed shortly thereafter. The real experimental build are only for internal development here.).

This one is effectively a public beta release.

Just checking before release, I run a dedicated server and will be updating as soon as 17 drops. the script to download experimental is still the same right? If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

My current batch file \/ \/ \/

start "" steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\Steam\7D2D-A17" +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental validate +quit

pause

How about astro geology ? Tell us about Jupiter`s moon called Europe. An icy piece of rock that suggests life is possible , thats where I can join.

Yeah it's quite interesting! Will be a few years before the upcoming mission will land there, but it's really interesting to see whether theres (microbial) life down there.

So does a SSD actually give that much of a improvement (not just 7 days I mean in general) just curious its one of the upgrades I just have never got around to doing?

I have a faster machine than my dad but I have a magnetic hard drive while he has an SSD. A little bit ago a windows update came out and it took around 1 & 1/2 hours for my machine to do it but around 15 minutes for my dad. I would say that it does speed up the system by quite a bit. Still haven't gotten one yet though.

EDIT - spelling.

Archived