Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well, the hints that Joel dropped are true and those and the unannounced systems are non-trivial issues. Even the guys working on the details don't know all the details because that's what the work is.

In short: No non-corporate-shill answers until there is actually something tangible. ;)

And if the real questions is "Are we there, yet?", that I can answer: No.

Are we there yet?

Single seater. If Madmole ever did mention that it would be a two-seater then that has changed. I don't remember him mentioning it, though, and the motorcycle model has been the same since it was first created. I do remember a lot of other people mentioning hopes for it.

But that is neither here nor there. Whether he mentioned it or not in the past it is not now a two-seater and Madmole has recently stated that passenger vehicles will have to wait for the four wheeler that MIGHT get implemented someday.

oh come on TFP, we already have a single seater, give us the Rocket of WOW or TWD Bike for two (1990s nighthawk)

two person riding: [ATTACH=CONFIG]23166[/ATTACH]

Nighthawk in current season: [ATTACH=CONFIG]23167[/ATTACH]

One change I would love to see in A17 is to separate the RWG seed from the name of the world. I would really like to be able to play the same seed on different mods or even just two different vanilla games.

I'd be happy if the seed name wasn't posted on the server listing and if the server listing used a modded column instead of a separate tab.

I'd be happy if the seed name wasn't posted on the server listing and if the server listing used a modded column instead of a separate tab.

I would agree with this, if you are trying to keep a Fog of War effect and the seed is posted a player can go to a private setup and explore the map in creative and find key locations faster. Also having my Secret trademarked (ala Coca Cola) seed is nice.

Jup for the start as easy system fro the Mod Column

By the Serverconfig.xml definable (or better a own Modinfo.xml we can add to the mods)

0: Original

1: Options only

2: Mostly Original (Gameplay feels Vanilla)

3: Medium Modded (Gameplay is remarkable different besides some balancing)

4: Strongly Modded

5: Complete Overhaul

Would you other modders know where your mod would fit ?

My (i work on) would be 2-3 (More 2 as 3)

Jup for the start as easy system fro the Mod Column

By the Serverconfig.xml definable (or better a own Modinfo.xml we can add to the mods)

0: Original

1: Options only

2: Mostly Original (Gameplay feels Vanilla)

3: Medium Modded (Gameplay is remarkable different besides some balancing)

4: Strongly Modded

5: Complete Overhaul

Would you other modders know where your mod would fit ?

My (i work on) would be 2-3 (More 2 as 3)

I do extra xml mods mainly because i get punished for altering the wrong values in serverconfig.xml. Since server allready goes to modded tab because of it, i am using some xml mods, but i rather would be able to make the optionchanges without going modded. API mod is a fat one though but fortunately that does not get server to modded.

So i would like to be a 1 but am a 2 now.

Cheers

i think every Teleport system (except a bus stop alike system) kills this game

Depends :)

I made a claimsystem in my mod that will teleport you out of a claimed area (like the trader does). So its not all bad ;) , but i get what you mean. Any playerinvoked magical transports are a gamekiller.

Cheers

Well, the hints that Joel dropped are true and those and the unannounced systems are non-trivial issues. Even the guys working on the details don't know all the details because that's what the work is.

In short: No non-corporate-shill answers until there is actually something tangible. ;)

And if the real questions is "Are we there, yet?", that I can answer: No.

Ah. That's what I was wondering in my earlier question. Still trying to flush out some of what he was wanting to show I'd guess. Thanks Gazz!

Started a new map a few days ago. I really like how you can see a hoard traveling close to you. Close enough to see but far enough to avoid them if you want. Things like this make the game world seem alive.

Unfortunately, that is only because you kept moving. If you were standing in one spot mining or repairing something, you would have gotten jumped. The hordes spawn with the players location targeted, but the location does not update when the player moves.

- - - Updated - - -

we need bathtub vehicle

I'd settle for a video of that new bike in action. :)

Archived