Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

TFPs have been tight lipped about A17. They can keep a better secret than I can. I would have blabbed a few things that were coming. Guess that is why I am not on the team... or it could be that I have no experience with game development . Not sure. Well, I will just hurry up and wait.

New way of doing business. When they know we will know and only if its confirmed.

Roland mentioned somewhere that A17 could be anywhere up to 2018 Quarter 2, or even by Christmas this year, they have no concrete estimates so all we can do is just wait and see. And discuss Underground SI Digging Roland Alien Mutant Scientists. With Bigger Storage.

It isn't because I don't understand because I do.

But this waiting with no word is not only making me pull my hair out but my beard as well. I'm now bald including face. Lol

I hope not, imagine only 10 Point Damage per day, and a Base with 50 000 Blocks

Only radiated zombies should be able to even scratch Steel covered reinforced concrete and only firearms and rockets should damage polished steel.

That would make it possible to make a viable above ground base as a SP. Only gamey above ground bases are viable, did a test with 7 meter thick walls of reinforced concrete and it was wreaked day 35, not an overrun and player death but not worth rebuilding ether.

New way of doing business. When they know we will know and only if its confirmed.

Roland mentioned somewhere that A17 could be anywhere up to 2018 Quarter 2, or even by Christmas this year, they have no concrete estimates so all we can do is just wait and see. And discuss Underground SI Digging Roland Alien Mutant Scientists. With Bigger Storage.

Digging Roland Alien Mutant Scientist- he'll defeat you with his incredible math skillz!

Science, bitches!

Is anyone even sure WHAT made the world into the tormented remains we now play? Aliens ? Nuclear war? Chemical war? Biological tinkering ? Divine or unholy entity?

It was the black squirrels accidentally summoning Cthulhu who then drove entire countries crazy. It took 25 years until anyone noticed.

It was the black squirrels accidentally summoning Cthulhu who then drove entire countries crazy. It took 25 years until anyone noticed.

It was that AND modern SitComs. SitComs are designed to suck your brains out of you faster than bankers can steal the world gold supply.

That's why zombies say "braaains" and not "golld", they know theres a chance for brains, but even zombies know they aren't getting their gold back.

Check out The Royal Bank Plaza in Canada: 2,500 ounces (over 70 kilograms) 24k gold... just for the windows.

That's a pretty smart way to hide the national gold reserves... in plain sight!

Well, that might be all real gold they have left, but dont worry, they have paper that says they have tons of the stuff. So its OK.

There's the real scary movie, what does the would do when average people realize that only two country's (China and Russia) have almost all the gold? That's right! Nuclear war. :)

Edit:

...and before someone says its America, why was the last complete audit of Fort Knox done in 1954? Strange to say the least.

Hey guys.

It's more than awesome to see new vehs coming out with new alpha 17. It would be great to see a motorbike with 2 seats so my companion would join me for the ride, is there any code limitation in order to intoduce such feature? I hope that in the future there is planned more vehicle variety, I'd love to see a quad besides bike or motorbike. Also I would suggest splitting traders into mechanic, arms dealer, food and med suppliers as one.

Have You thought about upgrading diving skills alongside with increased stamina? Perhaps there should be more to discover except treasures at the bottom of the river etc.

There are no agricultural skills introduced which is not a big deal. Is it possible to make a fuel out of crops?

What's the impact of a tree and grass animation on performance? I believe such animations should be disabled entirely at low settings.

On the story of the reason for the zombie apocalypse, someone here posted a trailer that Joel had made, don't know if it was shown on Youtube or not, but it stated that in 2048 (I think) that there was a WWIII and after the war some people became ill, rumors of some turning into zombies was given out and denied but later on the secret came out. You are the lone survivor in a pocket that survived the destruction of the U.S.? Just the state of Arizona?

Someone here posted their own video, which was pretty good, of a person driving a car and the warning of an attack on our country, and then there was a explosion and he wrecks and is knocked out, unconscious. Wakes up naked and afraid, having no idea of what happened, where is he?

Don't remember all the details, but the most important aspect is that WWIII started and at the least Arizona was bombed and there was either biological weapons used or the mutation of some virus that caused people and some animals to become zombies. Most of the animals I guess died.

Where the air drops are from, are the writers of the quests still alive? All I can say about that is, use your imagination to come up with a story. There survivors outside of Arizona, a drone sighted some and they are doing air drops of some supplies to help as the area is still to radioactive. For some reason there were a few humans and animals that are immune to the virus (or whatever it is) and is attempting to survive until help comes or we can figure where there is a area that is safe with humans still alive, whole and not infected. The infection we get can kill us, but not turn us into a zombie.

The pharmaceutical tower, for me would be a place where testing was done to find a cure but it was too late and in experimenting on infects humans they created the cops that vomit acid, the ferals, irradiated zombies, and anything else the fun pimps add.

Just my own little story for what happened, adding to the two videos I watched.

Anyone have a link to both of them?

I'm not holding my breath for one, they are busy and don't want to show anything until it is ready so it wouldln't surprise me if we don't have to wait longer.

Of course, it would be nice if someone dropped in and said, working on it, will have a video up soon. But, not a big deal, just a hopeful wish.

Yeah Jax I know. Those of us that have been on the A17 thread a lot are pretty familiar with that. Though it's good to restate for those who haven't been.

Though it still seems odd the way communication started up with MM, said a video was gonna pop out, and then went very quiet. Just tossing out an RFI.

Yeah Jax I know. Those of us that have been on the A17 thread a lot are pretty familiar with that. Though it's good to restate for those who haven't been.

Though it still seems odd the way communication started up with MM, said a video was gonna pop out, and then went very quiet. Just tossing out an RFI.

We can always just make up features... Bet a dollar people will believe it.

Confirmed A17 Feature: Mocap session allows for character leaning, to coincide with new stealth system.

We can always just make up features... Bet a dollar people will believe it.

Confirmed A17 Feature: Mocap session allows for character leaning, to coincide with new stealth system.

1st pass of the Gyrocopter (it has no textures ATM so it's invisible and doesnt use any gas yet)

Archived