Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I grew up watching the original as well but not on first syndication. They were reruns for me. I am a bit young to watch it when it first came out. I was growing up when they were doing next gen. but I have such a fondness for Bones!

I'm not that old either. It was reruns for me to. My mom was hooked on it and taped all of in on a VCR.

Bones, Yes, Dr. Macoy. "Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor not a brick layer!" lol.

not super young and made in the 80s LMAO. my son was born in 82 and daughter in 84... i was hatched in 58 so yeah thanks for adding the years on to me. oh... we didnt have color tv until around 73 or 74. i also remember 1st american landing on the moon in 69... kids in school bragging about seeing it in color and i didnt. :(

Same here, born in 1955, party line, no tv then when we did get one it was a huge black and white one and when Star Trek come out it started at my bedtime and I was allowed to watch the opening then to bed. By the time I was allowed to watch it it was cancelled. Daughter was born in 1982, son was born in 84. Saw the landing on the moon, gas was 35 cents a gallon, you could get a hamburger, fries and a drink at the local diner for 35 cents. We walked to town to get clothes for school, it was four or five miles (one way). Had to wear dressed to school, so in winter we put pants on under our dresses. Had to live over a mile before the school bus would pick you up.

Memories, left doors unlocked, could go camping on the weekends and leave the house unlock and never broke in.

MR is definitely young to me. :)

LOL, definitely a typo 1955 instead of 95.

Same here, born in 1995, party line, no tv then when we did get one it was a huge black and white one and when Star Trek come out it started at my bedtime and I was allowed to watch the opening then to bed. By the time I was allowed to watch it it was cancelled. Daughter was born in 1982, son was born in 84. Saw the landing on the moon, gas was 35 cents a gallon, you could get a hamburger, fries and a drink at the local diner for 35 cents. We walked to town to get clothes for school, it was four or five miles (one way). Had to wear dressed to school, so in winter we put pants on under our dresses. Had to live over a mile before the school bus would pick you up.

Memories, left doors unlocked, could go camping on the weekends and leave the house unlock and never broke in.

MR is definitely young to me. :)

So your kids are older then you? Interesting.... lol I know I know typo :)

Lol I know I know. I was never trying to say I was old or that I have more experience at life. Just pointing out that it would be just as erroneous to lump me as very young as it would be for me to lump you as very old. Plus I could be making this all up and am hundreds of years old...or maybe just a baby with a tablet. shhh...no one knows I am really a dog. ;)

All this talk of being old actually makes me wonder the average age of the player base is. Also regarding different viewpoints of various 'controversies' for 7DTD, how old the players for each of those items are...it would surprise me if there was anyone much older than me with the exception of madmole and possibly other developers.

All this talk of being old actually makes me wonder the average age of the player base is. Also regarding different viewpoints of various 'controversies' for 7DTD, how old the players for each of those items are...it would surprise me if there was anyone much older than me with the exception of madmole and possibly other developers.

I'd hazard a guess and say daily forum posters are of 25 and above IMO.

not super young and made in the 80s LMAO. my son was born in 82 and daughter in 84... i was hatched in 58 so yeah thanks for adding the years on to me. oh... we didnt have color tv until around 73 or 74. i also remember 1st american landing on the moon in 69... kids in school bragging about seeing it in color and i didnt. :(

From what I can remember they could only brag about watching it on a color TV. I don't think it was broadcast in color until Apollo 12.

I do hope the mountain bike works better then the mini-bike EVER has, coz if not.... im not going to bother with it.Rather run around working up my athletics points and pretend i will eventually be buff and have a six pack of abs. One thing thou, if peddling the bike does include the athletics aspect and we gain ranks im more then happy to use the mountain bike until hell freezes over and never touch the mini-turd ever again.

I was curious about other environmental hazards in the game, like sandstorms in the desert which can slowly damage buildings and walkers along with the player? Maybe in the forest biome we could have poisonous shrubs and berries that you need to prep before eating, in the snow biome, blizzards that end up building up snow onto structures and stuff like that, what does everyone else think?

Is anyone even sure WHAT made the world into the tormented remains we now play? Aliens ? Nuclear war? Chemical war? Biological tinkering ? Divine or unholy entity? Id be okay with radioactive weather like seen in Fallout 4 and possibly some plant life additions/changes but i think we need to wait until after U17. The proposed factions have quests and the reasons for those quests may lead to further discoveries.

Is anyone even sure WHAT made the world into the tormented remains we now play? Aliens ? Nuclear war? Chemical war? Biological tinkering ? Divine or unholy entity? Id be okay with radioactive weather like seen in Fallout 4 and possibly some plant life additions/changes but i think we need to wait until after U17. The proposed factions have quests and the reasons for those quests may lead to further discoveries.

After rewatching Supernatural Season 7, I still blame the hmo sham conspiracy. The Leviathans just showed you how it was done.

I am pretty sure someone mentioned it was Roland's fault. Something along the lines of because he was "getting in touch with himself" at night? Some sort of thing we were all advised not to look into, for the betterment of our own survival.

Roland?

Did I miss a note somewhere along the way for why TFP & MM have gone quiet for the past two weeks? I know you and Gazz have tossed out some little teasers, but little to no new info. Just wondering if something's up or some of the planned show and tell features need more work before confirming for A17.

Roland?

Did I miss a note somewhere along the way for why TFP & MM have gone quiet for the past two weeks? I know you and Gazz have tossed out some little teasers, but little to no new info. Just wondering if something's up or some of the planned show and tell features need more work before confirming for A17.

New way of doing business. When they know we will know and only if its confirmed.

Roland mentioned somewhere that A17 could be anywhere up to 2018 Quarter 2, or even by Christmas this year, they have no concrete estimates so all we can do is just wait and see. And discuss Underground SI Digging Roland Alien Mutant Scientists. With Bigger Storage.

Archived