Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Maybe TFP should fix the exploits (SI and bedrock bases) in the upcoming alpha's, so that everyone can play as they wish. Normal players/hardcore players/elitists/noobs can play A17 and beyond. Exploiters/cheaters/noobs can stick to A16.4. Everyone can play as they want.

Tadaaa.

I take it the honeymoon is over.

-A

I think they should add zombie threats like diggers to dig these bedrock-dwellers out of their comfort zone.

Just thought of a legitimate reason for that sentence by the way. If he is a PVP player, the play style of other players influences his play style quite perceptibly. He might have meant just those bedrock-dwellers he meets on the servers he is frequenting. "No player is an island", at least in PVP.

Since PVP is of secondary concern to TFP until the SP game is finished and non-kickstarter-features have a hard time to be implemented now anyway, that wish above is even if someone acknowledges its legitimacy just a wish like wishing for the key to Fort Knox and a truck.

Just thought of a legitimate reason for that sentence by the way. If he is a PVP player, the play style of other players influences his play style quite perceptibly. He might have meant just those bedrock-dwellers he meets on the servers he is frequenting. "No player is an island", at least in PVP.

Since PVP is of secondary concern to TFP until the SP game is finished and non-kickstarter-features have a hard time to be implemented now anyway, that wish above is even if someone acknowledges its legitimacy just a wish like wishing for the key to Fort Knox and a truck.

The only legitimate reason for

Exploiters/cheaters/noobs can stick to A16.4.

Tadaaa.

is beeing a jerk

Can we have more radiation on the surface ?

I think a system would be nice that forces you to hide away from surface for around 8 Hours per day ?

Actually a working idea (if we disregard the "8 hours" for the moment and put some "fun" in). We already have radiation zones, but they are rather mundane, you just avoid them and their only use is to keep the player in Navezgane from finding out that he is Truman of "The Truman Show".

An interesting game element could be radioactive clouds wandering randomly over the world. Naturally you would have to get ample notification of this, but if that cloud comes, your only options are

A) go underground IF you have dug out something already

B) run

C) (and here the fun begins) don a very good hazmat suit, accept slowly damage to accumulate but have the chance to loot even high level buildings or areas because even zombies get damaged, slowed and/or confused by the cloud.

Finally hazmat suits would get the attention they don't deserve but should get anyway.

I think a system would be nice that forces you to hide away from surface for around 8 Hours per day ?

Yeah, surface is two easy:

Slap a few blocks together and win!

Maybe some Category 7 tornadoes would make it at least a small challenge. Force them to confront the dark, dank air 50 meters below ground and catch some respiratory disease... like asthma or something.

See, your problem is that you fundamentally don’t understand those who want threats underground. I see what you were trying to do there with a nice reversal but the thing is that pretty much everyone who wants underground threats would also welcome cool features like surface radiation or Al’s tornadoes that we have to try and adapt to and cope with.

Bring it. :)

major fail in your math there mate..lol ever heard of PEDMAS ??? been doing math this way since the 1500's

the real answer to your math problem is 55.66666666666666666666666666666 etc.

multiply and divide are done BEFORE addition.

even 42 isnt the answer if you add the 3+2 first ( which is wrong)...lol

Actually PEDMAS is only an agreement and does in no way forbid math to work another way.

As long as all who use the notation agree on their version of it there is no problem.

It's quite common for cults to have their own language and math is not far off.

Surface threads are cool if avoidable implemented but force the player to (re)act

The Bloodmoon we have

Toxic rain like in Killjoys:

(need cover against rain)

Mist like in: The Mist

(make leaving the base very risky)

Snowstorm like in: Day after tomorrow

(Need a closed room with a campfire)

Sandstorms like in: Prince of persia

(Slows you down to 10% and remove Compass)

Solar Storm like in:

(You need to take Cover underground)

.... ok the Solar Storm a BIT weaker.

BUT NO EARTHQUAKE like in: San Andreas

Actually PEDMAS is only an agreement and does in no way forbid math to work another way.

As long as all who use the notation agree on their version of it there is no problem.

It's quite common for cults to have their own language and math is not far off.

Hey... it can be hard on the mean streets of arithmetic. Choosing between the rival rotational gangs of euler, quaternion and radian can be deadly if you start with the wrong one. I made this mistake about a fortnight ago. I started throwing up euler signs and the code was all like "Nah man, we're radians innit?". Took me a while to work that one out. Fortunately the Pythagorean's are in with both gangs so it was cool.

"X Gon' Give It to Ya!"

- DMX

I had an idea regarding complicating underground bases.

It is resource heavy to simulate smoke or lack of oxygen, but lets tackle the same problem from another perspective.

The game already detects an "indoors" status for temperature and weather. Why not use the same mechanic to make all forges and campfires take twice the time to complete anything - simulating the player not making the fire as big as he would outside (for smoke and fire hazard reasons).

This would even add immersion. Realistically you should not put campfires and forges indoors whether above or below ground. Everything taking twice as long should be enough incentive to motivate you make your fires outdoors.

You are sooo far behind in this conversation. There's better things to focus on than underground threats.

If you reach my age, young grasshopper, everything goes much faster than you yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

See, this is so much better. Because now you are not accusing an unspecific cloud of forum users who for the most part have tried to just throw ideas around, but put the spotlight on someone who may have a valid defense or explanation for this or may stand naked before us as the troll he seems to be.

Hey, DaVegaNL, was this just a troll-post to irk some other posters? Or do you have a legitimate reason for influencing how others play? Or is this just a misinterpretation of your words?

In a way it was a troll-post, in that a 'don't tell me how to play'-argument is meaningless. One can say that by introducing underground threats TFP's are telling people how to play. One can say that by not having underground threats TFP's are telling people how to play. Hence I think that particular argument is horse-feces.

- - - Updated - - -

I take it the honeymoon is over.

-A

Being married is one big honeymoon..!

*looks over left shoulder*

*looks over right shoulder*

HELP. ME.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. I'm not a PVP-player. At least, mostly. I think there should be no safe-zones in the game. At least, not on purpose.

See, your problem is that you fundamentally don’t understand those who want threats underground. I see what you were trying to do there with a nice reversal but the thing is that pretty much everyone who wants underground threats would also welcome cool features like surface radiation or Al’s tornadoes that we have to try and adapt to and cope with.

Bring it. :)

Roland.... RO land..... Roolaand....

BRING ON THE SHARKNADOES!!!!

But on a more serious note:

- Random fog during the late hours, that really make you see nothing. But also the zombies see nothing so they won't hit you until they are very close.

- thunderstorms (radiation or disease ones) Lose health a bit unless you got protective gear.

- Rat infestations (goodbye crops)

- Solar flares (crops drying out if not irrigated)

- Polar sheer (winter colds on every biome except underground or highly isolated buildings / clothings)

- Zombie nests, the virus has nested like a beehive and produces smaller zombies nonstop. Requires flamethrower (new weapon) or explosives to clear out.

Batman, (the real one)

Roland.... RO land..... Roolaand....

BRING ON THE SHARKNADOES!!!!

But on a more serious note:

- Random fog during the late hours, that really make you see nothing. But also the zombies see nothing so they won't hit you until they are very close.

- thunderstorms (radiation or disease ones) Lose health a bit unless you got protective gear.

- Solar flares (crops drying out if not irrigated)

- Polar sheer (winter colds on every biome except underground or highly isolated buildings / clothings)

- Zombie nests, the virus has nested like a beehive and produces smaller zombies nonstop. Requires flamethrower (new weapon) or explosives to clear out.

Batman, (the real one)

Ohhhh... +1 to that.

(Are flamethrowers still being worked on? Or did that hit the ‘nerf’ idea bucket too?)

I Hope i did it...

Who swatet me ?

--------------------------------

Now we know it’s Isis with all his talk of causing surface contamination and his inclination towards living in

caves. ;)

Nothing wrong with my Girlfriend

ISIS-04_000.jpg

Isis was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the patroness of nature and magic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis

Hello Ratburgers

Means on Day 3 5 Trillion Zombies, on each chunk ?

But yeaa such Strong and weaker disasters if foreseeable and really rare (Less than one all 14 days), i would like.

Maybe a good idea for a DLC

Archived