After three years its time to bring my trains back to 7 days (previous: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4428-wastelandtrain-no2/).
This time A19 ready, better looking than ever, integrated in a nice and terrifying POI, full of Zombies and loot.
I'm always thankfull for feedback, and open to updating details!
Download Version 1.0 (Last changed: 21_08_2020): 2108_2.zip
Dropbox for those having troubles with the download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vofp3hdtwuqhq1/AADDUMUf1CmPCWfLOPgigc8qa?dl=0
The lore idea is a collapsed railway tunnel through which - at the outbreak of the Zombievirus - tons of Zs crawled up to the surface, everybody
in Navezgane knows the army officially got involved at that point, but many people claim that they were already present very close to the
location much earlier, but no survivors really seem to know what went on there.
Small warning: If you trust my building skills, and want to enjoy the POI spoiler-free the detailed descriptions below may not be for you.
Main POI structure:
The basic POI setup is a train tunnel with two tracks, which has collapsed at both ends. While one ends tunnel collapse has left
nothing but a little pit and the remains of a ventilation structure on the surface, at the other side of the POI a little Shamway Supermarket
floor has fallen into the tunnel and forms an opening that leads to the tracks. On the tracks is a coal train, which was partially burried by
the collapse, on the one side and a military train stuffed with more apocalypse-related things on the other. The main structures also include
an emergency evacuation tunnel that connects the main entry point to another part of the surface, as well as hidden chambers at the end of the tunnel.
Main idea of the quests and player path lead from the quest marker at a collapsed ventilation shaft on the surface through various small and hopefully
interesting surface structures to the opposite end on the surface level, which is marked by a little shamway supermarket. This building serves as
entrance to the tunnel level, in which the player path leads back in the opposite direction along the tracks and into several chambers roughly
20 blocks below the starting point.
Included side structures in case someone wants to reuse them in other POIs, (please message me beforehand):
- refrigerated truck trailer - maybe there is room for improvement on the colours
- public restrooms - its tiny, its ugly, its dirty, its creepy, people decided to put up pictures to
find their lost loved ones - its horible and imho quite good because of that
- small army camp
- a little yellow bulldozer - I'm not satisfied with its looks yet, and would be happy for constructive ideas
- tanks - sadly they have to be white and UN now, the game is suffering from its success here: In previous alphas I used
camouflage textures, but the HD textures now make them much too obviously a cloth texture...
- Collapsed mini-Shamway
- coal car - huge coal car for 2-block rail width, imo quite good and realistic look, not much details to improve as
long as its empty, sadly the use of metal sheets makes it impossible to fill them with coal
- flatbed train car - nice for 2-block rail width, not quite satisfied with the texture, and the necessity to use sheets
makes it impossible to place two army trucks on them - if you want to reuse them somewhere else, message me,
maybe I find an elegant way to fit two trucks
- refrigerated train car, originally used for food, later hastely marked Bio-Hazard and used to bring the dead as far away as
possible before they turn
- locomotive (one shiny and new, one burned out), there are no good aged dark metal colours in the game atm, so instead of doing
two similarly aged locos I went for both extremes - they are better than my last ones, but I still feel they could be better
than what they currently are, so maybe I'll update some details
- underground Zchambers - the opposite of an underground bunker, not to lock the Zs out, but to lock them in deep under ground
I went for big numbers of Zs here at some points, which is not very typical for my previous stuff,
but the locations almost always allow an easy way out, respectively up in most cases - if you think its too
difficult (or too easy) please let me know which point, and what level/GS you had when you went in.
And in case any of the Pimps reads this: Don't you think its weird that there are a hundret street signs with meaningless names,
but not a single simple Bio Hazard sign with the creepy symbol in your Zombie-Virus-Apocalypse-Game? 😉