Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well, some already complain about the topless stripper. If this game went full-on mature...

If that did happen, full mature, we'll get to see The Church Lady in action, tons of crying which oddly enough will overflow the Nile, and, my favorite, pole dancing monkeys with furry boobs.

- - - Updated - - -

If players want to cheese the system then that is their right. If they have the creativity and the desire to work to build such structures then more power to them. That is completely different than the system itself being so cheesy that enemies cannot even enter or threaten an entire section of the world.

As I said before, if there was a forcefield that made it so zombies could only walk along the edge of the forest biome but never enter it so that you could stand four blocks inside the border and be completely safe just standing there then that is systemic cheese.

If the zombie can get in but through ingenuity a player can create a base that can't be assaulted by taking advantage of SI rules then that is player cheese and I feel players should be able to do that all the day long and twice on Tuesdays if they wish.

so basically no cheese or no sandbox.

so basically no cheese or no sandbox.

I don't think that's what I'm saying at all. I clearly stated that if players want to be creative and build in a way that exploits the system somehow that is perfectly fine and good and fun and great for them. That is them being cheesy from a "what you realistically could do" perspective but totally playing in a fun sandbox type of playstyle and if it is single player then who cares? So that would be cheese and sandbox.

The system, itself, shouldn't be cheesy though but even this doesn't negate the sandbox nature of the game. Zombie CAN enter the forest biome and you can play sandbox style in the forest biome just fine. If zombies can enter the underworld through some kind of means that will also not stop players from playing in a sandbox style. So in this case it would be no cheese but still sandbox.

I don't think that's what I'm saying at all. I clearly stated that if players want to be creative and build in a way that exploits the system somehow that is perfectly fine and good and fun and great for them. That is them being cheesy from a "what you realistically could do" perspective but totally playing in a fun sandbox type of playstyle and if it is single player then who cares? So that would be cheese and sandbox.

The system, itself, shouldn't be cheesy though but even this doesn't negate the sandbox nature of the game. Zombie CAN enter the forest biome and you can play sandbox style in the forest biome just fine. If zombies can enter the underworld through some kind of means that will also not stop players from playing in a sandbox style. So in this case it would be no cheese but still sandbox.

I don't know about you Roland but all this talk about food is making me hungry! ;)

If players want to cheese the system then that is their right. If they have the creativity and the desire to work to build such structures then more power to them. That is completely different than the system itself being so cheesy that enemies cannot even enter or threaten an entire section of the world.

As I said before, if there was a forcefield that made it so zombies could only walk along the edge of the forest biome but never enter it so that you could stand four blocks inside the border and be completely safe just standing there then that is systemic cheese.

If the zombie can get in but through ingenuity a player can create a base that can't be assaulted by taking advantage of SI rules then that is player cheese and I feel players should be able to do that all the day long and twice on Tuesdays if they wish.

^^ This. I think it pretty much lines up with TFP ideas that they want to address the largest exploits to keep people from ruining the game for other players, but they want people to have some creative latitude in how they deal with the threats the games throws at them.

Players are always going to find the optimal survival strategies, and TFP know that if they pigeon-holed everyone into a particular playstyle they would lose a lot of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Zombies could hold up the sky.

Kill them all and the sky is falling!

Kind of like a bunch of little zombie Atlases, Atlasis, Atlas-es Er... however you pluralize a personal pronoun ending in "s"

Players are always going to find the optimal survival strategies, and TFP know that if they pigeon-holed everyone into a particular playstyle they would lose a lot of players.

Agreed. We should have pigeons instead of chickens. I should start a petition.

My top 3 Soundtracks (Not the main Soundtracks)

Dr Who

Battlestar galactica

Mortal Combat

https://youtu.be/9hKSByeiV5E

But believe it or not the actuall 7D2D Soundtrack made it somewhere in or near my top 10

Wow that first track sounds quite good :o

Back to the topic, i've been reading all coments and checked this thread like 150 times a day haha.. interesting ideas. Dunno if diggin zombies would be my cup of tea but we need some new zombie behaviours, thats for sure. Btw, wheres that madmole video, i've even dreamt about it already a couple of times haha

I'm hungry too, what to do for supper? I know. Cheese ! PIZZA Extra cheese, meat lovers to be ordered from Pizza Hut for supper for the Win !

Nice! :)

- - - Updated - - -

NOOOOOOO!!!

( Lactose intolerant)

Ouch! I used to have that crap. But I out grew it, thankfully.

Sorry man...

- - - Updated - - -

I think Roland is dropping a hint. Saying that TFP's are planning to add cheese to the game.

If that's true then we may even see cows after all. lol

Cheese? is that colloquialism for where you are from?

Archived