Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Maybe your intention was really only aimed at your gameplay, but if you read the Posts you can clearly see that "You need to play my style" is the real intention behind many posts

Strangely I have read all the posts since the beginning of this thread and I can't see that. For my own posts I can vouch as well although my subconscious is always a factor and maybe it influenced me in ways my respectable self would never accept. :smile-new:

It is very convenient to "read between the lines" if someone wants to build a straw man to defend against (in german we would call it "Feindbild"). Because reading between the lines can produce anything your imagination wants to read.

Basically many people have written "we want to go underground and see zombies there" like in previous installments they were saying "we want to go into a house and see zombies there". Occams razor should tell you that it is much more probable that they have their own game in mind when they propose that instead of your game.

@ meganoth

I really dont want to filter Hundrets of posts in 3 Threads about that topic.

(This Thread here)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75358-Zombies-Reaching-Players

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75722-How-many-players-choose-to-stay-underground-to-avoid-Blood-Moon-horde-night

But at least a few Posts showed this intention clear enough to be not only imagination and/or interpretation.

But because i really dont want to to search i say "You are maybe right, ....for the moment" ^^

I saw in another thread that removing or replacing a block would cause millions of blocks to peform calculations

So assuming every square metre is its own chunk with its own SI calculation i have tried to work it out.

I left my proberly incorrect answer in a spoiler incase anyone else wants to have a crunch.

8 wood frames either side

1 frame in the middle

33 frames per layer

250 block height limit

Stack on one frame

33*249+1=8217

8217 blocks to calculate mass and glue for.

For my part I have never advocated a system where threats have no defense. I want zombies to be able to dig or find your tunnels or IN SOME WAY break the surface barrier. Does that mean I want them unrelentingly pounding on my subterranean base? Of course not. But I want the reason they aren't pounding on my walls to be because I've devised good traps and I'm effectively defended and/or I've successfully remained hidden so they never came down in the first place.

Right now people "hide" underground and I quote that because when you are hiding from something that could never come to where you are no matter what you do then it isn't really hiding. True hiding would be taking measures to not be detected from enemies that actually do have the ability to find you where you are.

If enemies can attack the underworld but players are given the ability to hide from their detection and/or defend against their assault then that is all I am after.

Poison Gas? Sure, as long as I can use a generator to filter clean air down.

Lava flows? Great, as long as there is something to counteract that (hopefully not just water...)

Open caverns filled with sleepers? Cool, as long as...nah, I just need to dig carefully with that one.

Bandits? Nice. As long as I also have the means to defend against them (or make a deal....)

I want earned safety and not free safety thanks to blind and deaf and anosmic zombies that also inexplicably cannot bend at the waist to aim their arms downward. I mean if spiders would just not stand up they'd be digging...

@ meganoth

I really dont want to filter Hundrets of posts in 3 Threads about that topic.

(This Thread here)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75358-Zombies-Reaching-Players

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75722-How-many-players-choose-to-stay-underground-to-avoid-Blood-Moon-horde-night

But at least a few Posts showed this intention clear enough to be not only imagination and/or interpretation.

But because i really dont want to to search i say "You are maybe right, ....for the moment" ^^

Yeah but those people don't have any influence on game design. Madmole, himself, said that eventually there would be perks that would allow you to be sneaky and remain undetected from the Bloodmoon Hordes or you could rent a safe haven from them. So the owners of the company are not against creating means for people to avoid the zombies and be safe. See? No need for concern. There will be a way.

But an indestructible block is probably not going to be it.

So....is there a date of release. When updates are released do they delete the saved games on a serve?

Who released the trolls :) WHO WHO WHO WHO

Batman,

EDIT We could have lava, and then you need an advanced liquid to turn the lava into minerals....

Wait....

Yeah but those people don't have any influence on game design. Madmole, himself, said that eventually there would be perks that would allow you to be sneaky and remain undetected from the Bloodmoon Hordes or you could rent a safe haven from them. So the owners of the company are not against creating means for people to avoid the zombies and be safe. See? No need for concern. There will be a way.

All fine for me, i hope you all can concede me that i feeled offended by some posts and so i was a bit crossly. But finally all is good (for me).

But wait, what, no indestructible block.... really ^^

We could have lava, and then you need an advanced liquid to turn the lava into minerals....

Wait....

i love this stuff

http://www.coollaboratory.com/product/coollaboratory-liquid-pro/

I can only say that every now and then I have read (in a a forum or mailing list) someone's post and made a comment that spun into an endless discussion. Afterwards I found out on reread of the original post that I misunderstood something. So I learned to take my interpretation of other posts with a grain of salt and sometimes after already having formulated an answer I again read the original post to make sure I didn't get something wrong. And still I get it wrong sometimes.

So picture this, that was Madmole shooting a red lazerbeam from Leprechaun sized crotch (thanks skippy for the nightmares) vaporizing all that water in less than 10 seconds?

For my part I have never advocated a system where threats have no defense. I want zombies to be able to dig or find your tunnels or IN SOME WAY break the surface barrier. Does that mean I want them unrelentingly pounding on my subterranean base? Of course not. But I want the reason they aren't pounding on my walls to be because I've devised good traps and I'm effectively defended and/or I've successfully remained hidden so they never came down in the first place.

Right now people "hide" underground and I quote that because when you are hiding from something that could never come to where you are no matter what you do then it isn't really hiding. True hiding would be taking measures to not be detected from enemies that actually do have the ability to find you where you are.

If enemies can attack the underworld but players are given the ability to hide from their detection and/or defend against their assault then that is all I am after.

Poison Gas? Sure, as long as I can use a generator to filter clean air down.

Lava flows? Great, as long as there is something to counteract that (hopefully not just water...)

Open caverns filled with sleepers? Cool, as long as...nah, I just need to dig carefully with that one.

Bandits? Nice. As long as I also have the means to defend against them (or make a deal....)

I want earned safety and not free safety thanks to blind and deaf and anosmic zombies that also inexplicably cannot bend at the waist to aim their arms downward. I mean if spiders would just not stand up they'd be digging...

That's fair. Now just don't leave pits for me to break my neck in and we're on the same page. :D

e3a554-1508940933.jpg

Zombie Dog eats Screamer, Screamer scares away Zombie Cop, Cop steps on Feral, Feral gores Roland, Roland kicks Zombie Dog, Zombie Dog dismembers Feral, Feral backhands Screamer, Screamer proposes to Roland (runs), Roland takes away Cop's badge, and as always... Cop sends Zombie Dog to the pound.

Rough translation from: Here

Imo Roland should be assigned to the lizard symbol. Just have a look at the slit pupils of his avatar and compare them to putin's or cumberbatch's eyes (see below). He clearly belongs to the lizard people.

[/img]

You're starting to make Roland appear handsome. Stop it.

---Edit---

*More handsome... Sorry Roland. :D

I had an idea for another animal, what about alligators, since the one plains biome, correct me if im wrong, seems swampy to me why not have them live there, both undead version and normal version, just a thought, hey Guppycur, check out my post back on page 221, let me know what you think, you are always full of ideas and comments and I respect a lot of your opinions, let me know what you think of the ideas i had back there.

Archived