Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Graphite and Gnomaana

This "You need to play my style" was not aimed at you.

I dont start to reread the posts to find out who it was, one person is for a few days on my ignore list.

And all others can ask themself if the shoe fits.

Well please understand that it was not my idea and all i did was downtune or try kill it for tech reasons.

By downtune i mean to a point that it was still a threat and not like a spider zombie.

Which is a good point if the numbers where great enough and the abiltys to get into your base would this be something players would want or would it be no comparison because it does not destroy your walls even though it could target storage and equipment.

Maybe your intention was really only aimed at your gameplay, but if you read the Posts you can clearly see that "You need to play my style" is the real intention behind many posts

You have no idea of the intentions of anyone's post but your own.

But, my point, that I explained in the part you clipped out, was that if digging zombies are added to the game it would be an easy mod to take it back to the way you like. But with no digging mechanic in the game at all it can't be modded in. So your side is the one saying "Play my way" and throwing a hissy fit at everyone that suggests otherwise.

The good at that base is that you can add a ladder half way down and kill them from safety, and loot them.

So you get your 100% XP

a few % loot

and you have 100% awarness of the sourroundings

And fixing this... would make the Sandbox buidling game with Nearly 2000 Usable Blocks a very Poor game with .... a few usable blocks

Ok, our previous discussions you at least had a valid point for why you didn't want diggers. THAT base and anything else built like it IS literally a glitch and an exploit. You really can't defend that as a valid play style. That needs to be fixed. That is neither underground survival or above ground survival. It is exploiting an SI issue.

People actually get banned for such things in games like H1Z1 and Unturned and an issue VERY similar to that was recently patched in Unturned and removed. Floating bases are an exploit and would get you removed from any decent PVP MP server. There is an option to turn off SI in the console so if you wanted to build that in SP you could. Hopefully this is what you are doing.

You honestly can't see how that existing is detrimental to the game overall?

EDIT - Just realized you said you put someone on ignore for a few days. Probably me. Oh well then. Nice debate we had.

So....is there a date of release. When updates are released do they delete the saved games on a serve?

They are in early stages of just planning out this alpha so we aren't near a date of release. At this point, mostly likely no one at TFP has anything more than a VERY general idea of how long this alpha will take.

Well please understand that it was not my idea and all i did was downtune or try kill it for tech reasons.

By downtune i mean to a point that it was still a threat and not like a spider zombie.

Which is a good point if the numbers where great enough and the abiltys to get into your base would this be something players would want or would it be no comparison because it does not destroy your walls even though it could target storage and equipment.

Nothing wrong to discuss that,

but i have problems to understand your post 3443 completly. But this is my english ability i think.

Curse you! Zarcon

I really dislike the idea to build in the wasteland. But as a Price to have no diggers it would be fair

Curse you! Zarconsmilie_devil_123.gif

I did suggest wasteland to you about minibiome idea and also taking the ore veins etc out for balance.

Mines dont respawn but wasteland is the most dangerous biome.

I suprised mines were not mention as a counter for destroy and detect above an underground installation are they underused ?

If you remove collision, you won't be able to harvest them for fabric.

From what i can tell there are 3 types of collision in 7d. Movement, melee, and rocket.

First thing i do with each update is remove a bunch of movement and rocket collisions from items in the game like yucca plants, treedeadshrub, etc. I'm still able to attack them and harvest.

Well technically i have to add the collision argument to treedeadshrub. It gets its collision info from somewhere else. And i just set it for melee.

You have no idea of the intentions of anyone's post but your own.

But, my point, that I explained in the part you clipped out, was that if digging zombies are added to the game it would be an easy mod to take it back to the way you like. But with no digging mechanic in the game at all it can't be modded in. So your side is the one saying "Play my way" and throwing a hissy fit at everyone that suggests otherwise.

Then you missunderstood me

Modding digging capability is unfortunately not an option.

-A

In this case i agree.

Implement it and make it a option.

Such a (for >20% of the player) gamebreaking feature should not depend on the modability of the player

I did suggest wasteland to you about minibiome idea and also taking the ore veins etc out for balance.

Mines dont respawn but wasteland is the most dangerous biome.

I suprised mines were not mention as a counter for destroy and detect above an underground installation are they underused ?

Mines a so rare that they kill only a few Zombies.

Didnt realized it when you suggested the wastelands, but this time i was only considering Zombieproof soil and no "No Digger Spawn" area.

What is still a issue for that idea. If diggers would be part of the 7th day hordes the Biome would have no influence if they are spawned

Hmmm, I know I directed it at madmole, but maybe Gazz will chime in on removing movement collision from curtains (curtain_top1Sheet3 & curtain_bottom1Sheet3) since he's active today?

Please? :)

He as just sliced some bread i think he has gone to make toast and coffee.

Hmmm, I know I directed it at madmole, but maybe Gazz will chime in on removing movement collision from curtains (curtain_top1Sheet3 & curtain_bottom1Sheet3) since he's active today?

I did that a few days ago.

And yucca plants for they are evil.

Mines a so rare that they kill only a few Zombies.

Didnt realized it when you suggested the wastelands, but this time i was only considering Zombieproof soil and no "No Digger Spawn" area.

What is still a issue for that idea. If diggers would be part of the 7th day hordes the Biome would have no influence if they are spawned

Well if breadcrumbs start pathing zombies through hatches etc maybe it will be easier to have a ramp to let them come down and you can get a vehicle up and down and take them out with traps.

One thing i dont like about bedrock only base is you cannot really get your vehicle up and down without massive excavation.

Even if you do this though and make a huge ramp zombies dont really walk down.

If underground spawning was totally bias to above ground unless zombies could not get down to you then at least that is an option.

But i am sure TFP will take great consideration on any underground threat so i am not worried.

Don't be sorry, the more bumps and adds for a conversation on removing the movement collision from curtains I can get, I'll take. Improves the odds it will get seen. :)

I'd have no problem with this, it would be a simple simulation of peeking out the curtains. I just want to be able to paint the curtains. The existing curtains are FUGLY.

I did that a few days ago.

Bless you. Stupid Yucca!!! I can drive straight again come A17! WOO!

- - - Updated - - -

What if we just turned this whole game into a Zombie Romance game. You actually spawn as a zombie and have to win over your bride/groom before some crazy redneck with a baseball bat bashes in their head. I think it would resolve the SI and Digger issues.

Or is this too much? Maybe next game?

Maybe next game?

I hope for Superheroes and aliens

But i am sure TFP will take great consideration on any underground threat so i am not worried.

I am not worried too, i think they perceived parts of the discussion and take them into consideration

NOOOO my yucca walls are gone

Archived