Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well since the world is based on Arizona (Navezgane is in AZ and the RWG is based on Navezgane), alligators would not really fit. The wildlife so far is based on real AZ wildlife even to the extent that the “boar” is clearly a Javelina.

If more animals were to be added, I’d suggest either bobcats, mountain lions or bats. As well as some domestic barnyard animals like horses, goats, sheep and cattle.

http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/urban_az_wildlife.shtml

Pip

i haz pet goat????

Have whatever ya want. Based on doesn't mean exact replica. I'd like a goat too for that matter. And now after reading that guys post, I want a hippo, a cobra, a cheeta, a rhino, and a monkey. Well... 3 monkeys... And a barrel... Wooden.

Be sure to ask for an orangutan to be the leader of your compound. It will be great!

I am just amazed that we didn`t involved dinosours into gameplay. Not yet , but ..too many ideas . Good ones tho, cuz modders will make it better. Can`t wait!

I don't use mods often but yeah. I can't wait to see what a finished 7D2D game looks like and what modders can go crazy with. I mean, talk to a few modders and you'll find changes to water alone opens up loads for them to play with. Changes to AI? Yikes! :D

I don't use mods often but yeah. I can't wait to see what a finished 7D2D game looks like and what modders can go crazy with. I mean, talk to a few modders and you'll find changes to water alone opens up loads for them to play with. Changes to AI? Yikes! :D

Its not a proper example but its like having a newborn doggo, watching it hoppin and jumpin around, and then this guys comes and learn the doggo do stupid but cool stuff. I mean, I am sticking only to vanilla till gold , and then will play mods. But it is wierd to see so much ppl say "wait , lets add a bigger backpack to it, or lets make it fly, or make him a digger" Hm. Not till you see the final product and then use the best of it. ;)

The fact is, people will always find a way to play how they want and who are we to say they are wrong.

This sentence shows that you haven't understood anything of what Roland was saying. Maybe reread it, you might find out that it isn't about hindering or changing other people at all.

Technically the deep layers of ground do not exist until you dig down so initially everything is perfectly supported but a cave might be generated under it later on.

Caves are rare given the size of the landmass but still...

I think that may make things easier, depending on how, the caves and things are generated. It is a system of Just in Time implementation.

You should stop being so one-dimensional. Maybe aspire to be a table.

Thank you, Gazz, I was having trouble with a witty reply.

Actually PEDMAS is only an agreement and does in no way forbid math to work another way.

As long as all who use the notation agree on their version of it there is no problem.

It's quite common for cults to have their own language and math is not far off.

Yes, they are just symbols, but everyone was taught, or should have been, about the standard agreed to and accepted precedence rules, otherwise we have buildings that fall down etc..

They have been for the last 5 days of:

"We gona kill you under-grounders."

"No, you surface scum suck!"

"No, you!"

"You!"

I think I captured all the key points, did I miss anything?

No. Other than Roland going crazy. You summed it all up. :)

Have whatever ya want. Based on doesn't mean exact replica. I'd like a goat too for that matter. And now after reading that guys post, I want a hippo, a cobra, a cheeta, a rhino, and a monkey. Well... 3 monkeys... And a barrel... Wooden.

XD

4jackel.gif

Bonus: Can hand you medicine cabinet things.

Next Game will be

7 Ways to die

* Raider

* Zombies

* Werewolfs

* Vampires

* Demons

* Dinosaurs

* Alien

Just trying to think what the different ways these critters would kill you would be:

* Raider

Current level technology weapons (guns, traps etc), ranged.

* Zombies

Numbers, slow dumb but will overwhelm you with numbers.

* Werewolfs

Fast, few and strong, melee, big teeth, and claws.

* Vampires

Very Fast and strong, mind bending abilities, some magic.

* Demons

High level of magic, mind altering, melee. Lots of variation.

* Dinosaurs

Very fast, large, great source of meat. No weapons. Worse than werewolves.

* Alien

Drop rocks on your head which destroy the entire play zone, super advanced weapons, no real defense against them.

If we have Morlocks, don't we need a Time Machine and Eloi?

Of course not!

The Morlocs found the guys time machine,

packed it with Morlocs,

overshot our current time,

picked up some dinosaurs,

overshot our time AGAIN,

went to the far, FAR future,

picked up some 'Aliens'... and a six pack,

THEN finally came to our timeline!

Don't you guys know anything??

And falling! Falling to bedrock is the number one killer... for me, so it should be for everyone! Everyone whos bored dig pits, big pits to bedrock and then drive around in your minibike while talking to your wife because she STILL doesn't know how to record a show on TV, but you love her so much your character literally dies for her.

... Wow, this coffee is GREAT!!! I'll have another. :)

I am so glad with the 16.4 update that the forges have finally been fixed, sticking my old tools into it then materials taking forever to smelt has stopped, and im glad, makes going to the forge a lot faster, and what im curious about is when the raiders come into the game, when we kill them but leave the body, will they come back as a zombie raider, or just turn into a gore block? the possibilities, and one other thing i would think cool is on horde night if while your defending against the horde raiders come and try to get inside your base and have to fight through the zombies your fighting, could make for some fun scenarios haha

I am so glad with the 16.4 update that the forges have finally been fixed, sticking my old tools into it then materials taking forever to smelt has stopped, and im glad, makes going to the forge a lot faster, and what im curious about is when the raiders come into the game, when we kill them but leave the body, will they come back as a zombie raider, or just turn into a gore block? the possibilities, and one other thing i would think cool is on horde night if while your defending against the horde raiders come and try to get inside your base and have to fight through the zombies your fighting, could make for some fun scenarios haha

This is a17 thread. We don't care bout a16.4 here lol

Archived