Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Like a lot of server owners, I can't wait to just getting back to modding and running a bunch of fun server events and such using whatever all of the new features are. I applaud the Fun Pimps for taking the time and updating to the latest build they could and implementing whatever features they can implement. In the grand scheme of things, what's a few more weeks?

It's going to be a bunch of fun digging into the xml's and seeing what goodies we can mess with!

My grocery store trip didn't go so well.

Smashed all the kiwi with the largest potato I could find. Found one hiding in the meat section and ganked it with a carrot.

Union employees were pissed off but I did pay for the products that were damaged.

They excepted my excuse for hostility because of that damn bird from new zealand.

Crap, i checked forums again... *calls therapist for emotional support* lol

all therapists are currently unavailable due to health care cutbacks. There are however sufferer support groups. In fact you found one here.

Sit down and introduce yourself.... :p

I was thinking about something while catching up on posts... 7DTD title has always reminded me of that show, 1,000 Ways to Die. On that note, who thinks they have died in the craziest way in 7DTD (any alpha). Tell your story and let's see who died the best...

My last few deaths came from my own Molotov cocktails. They are too much fun to not use them, but so dangerous at the same time. The crazy part is the latest time I died from a Molotov was only after I had already been hit with splash damage from an ally's rocket launcher a few times. This person apparently didn't know that explosives still hurt when friendly fire is off. They claimed they were trying to help me out because I was surrounded on horde night. I was just having some melee fun...

@Roland...just wondering if you are allowed to tell us what FPS you get while playing A17? What CPU and GPU u use?

That will be really interesting. I remember that the performance was quite different on the same rig in the last builds.

Correct me if i am wrong:

- hungry for RAM

-single core performance matters more than multi core

( 4 core vs 8 core for example)

But voxel based games are allways tricky, i think.

without giving anything away... they actually do have a meaning. :)

It may have a meaning that has nothing to do with the new alpha itself, still a meaning :)

But I have been thinking that it could be a sort of reverse troll, would be interesting because if anyone complains this time, they can argue it was just a troll :p

Archived