Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The first week or two in a new game is usually my favorite, so I'm cool with starting over as much as necessary. You know what you're signing up for when you download an experimental build, anyway.

I like to start a new game in 7 days to die if it makes sense or just necessary.

My play style is very different that time and changes when we are going on a long run.

Hard drive is important in Voxel based games the faster the better up to a certain point, I saw no major improvement going from a performance PCIe-SSD to a M.2 NVME SSD in A16 but that's not to say it won't matter in A17.

The M.2 is on my list if it’s an improvement in A17 in comparison to the SATA SSD.

will we have be able to craft something with silver and diamonds in A17? maybe a diamond sword or diamond encrusted auger?

but really in the coring business adding diamonds to drill/auger bits makes them more durable,

A higher hit-rate per minute would be nice as well. In connection to the skill system.

Tree cutting like a lumberjack athlete in Timbersports.

The problem is: Its the third smiley face that's yellow.

The formula is all based on the story of The Three Little Pigs.

Pig #1 made a grass hut: this is the landscape and outside plants. -- Status: Green!

Pig #2 made a house of wood: This is all the POIs -- Status: Green!

Pig #3 (the smart one) made a house of bricks: This the entire AI system -- Status: Yellow.

#4 is the Wolf, this is all the new textures and movements of the Zombies -- Status: Green!

Edit: Its obvious!

OK OK, I can figure this out...

This 3rd Pig (The AI) has been subdivided into Horde Night AI and... and...

Zombie daytime POI Pathing AI!! You don't want zombies shredding the POI to get to you in the day time!

So, it divided into generic Daytime AI/Pathing and generic Nighttime AI/Pathing. So just minor tweaking needed and THAT is why MM cant do his play-though yet!

*** At Al's Marine and Codebreaker Bar-n-Grill we do not, nor will we ever hack the Duke's computers. So stop asking!

The first week or two in a new game is usually my favorite, so I'm cool with starting over as much as necessary. You know what you're signing up for when you download an experimental build, anyway.

This, also the most important in PvP, working on competing for resources and then establishing an impregnable base as quickly as possible. Having your early game down pat is really important in a competitive setting, so starting over a bunch is really fun for me. Work out the best methods to rapid advancement.

I was defending on day 70, zombies are pouring through the front gate of a cement wall after my blade traps broke. Now it's me and a couple shotgun turrets holding them off. I hadn't gotten to the point yet where so many were flooding through the wall that my turrets actually got to use all that ammo in them. I make the mistake of getting between the zombies the turrets are targeting and the turrets... Before I realize what's happening I'm mowed down by my own defenses.

Check my time without death: 99 hours 50 minutes. WHY GOD? WHY DID YOU FORSAKE MEH?

I usually have 2hr day on and was sooooo close to hitting 100hrs survived for first time. Have hardly played since. Need A17 to restore my soul.

This, also the most important in PvP, working on competing for resources and then establishing an impregnable base as quickly as possible. Having your early game down pat is really important in a competitive setting, so starting over a bunch is really fun for me. Work out the best methods to rapid advancement.

remember this game was not intended for pvp but here we are and advancing fast can bored you very fast.

"To be honest"

"To be honest"

People use this all the time, but why? Does that mean that they're not usually honest so they have to write it on that rare occasion that they are? I just don't get it, and to be honest... See there, I did it too!!!

Sorry... Like many of you, I'm just waiting patiently for the "possible" video from Madmole, if of course everything is working well, because I know Madmole will not make a video if they encountered some show stopping bugs... This man has pride after all!

"To be honest"

People use this all the time, but why? Does that mean that they're not usually honest so they have to write it on that rare occasion that they are? I just don't get it, and to be honest... See there, I did it too!!!

Sorry... Like many of you, I'm just waiting patiently for the "possible" video from Madmole, if of course everything is working well, because I know Madmole will not make a video if they encountered some show stopping bugs... This man has pride after all!

I don't know, hm, maybe you're on to something there..

Yes, hope that when it comes out it's not middle of the night here in europe..

"To be honest"

I usually say it when I want the other person to understand that I speak from the heart, and can't - and won't - lie, and that what I'm saying is important to me.

But I agree, it does sound like they are usually not honest.

I put it right up there with "That being said" That too is a funny one.

"To be honest"

I'm always up for a little philosophical adventure. :-)

People aren't completely honest, lies and half-truths are something that allows us to function together in large social groups. The stricter the social rules on a particular group the larger the lies. This applies to all social animals of greater complexity than an insect.

Don't believe me? Try it. Be completely and utterly honest for a few days, don't even refuse to say something because it may be distasteful. Some people will appreciate it as a breath of fresh air while others will look at you like you're some kind of barely trained animal who has accidentaly learned the art of speech. It is wise to avoid those in authority during this time, especially if their job title has the word "officer" in it.

To bring this within sight of being on topic... many of us say we're happy to wait for the new alpha, we aren't, we're lying. We understand why it takes so long but deep down inside is the toddler who doesn't care and wants everything immediately, some of us are better at hiding that than others.

"To be honest"

All I know is that I don't conclude letters/emails with "sincerely," lest they think that I am not sincere on the one time I leave it off.

Archived