Devs are making this game more and more unrealistic

chubbychaser747

It’s unrealistic that jars disappear now even I. The end of days glad doesn’t cease to exist I can understand water was easily available before and still is  but your container doesn’t disappear. If I have a can of soup and eat that soup I still have a can I could put something in if I have a jar that has water in it and I drink that water I still have a jar. I understand they want this game to be realistic but they made it more unrealistic by removing jars. Wouldn’t the world be such an amazing place if your Taco Bell cups and stuff were just consumed by an unseen force when you weee done no unlimited refills anymore. This aspect of the game was fine the way it was. Why not stop messing with things that are actually realistic and fix the things that aren’t like if I have 10 pieces of meat and cook them all I should still have 10 not only one. If I kill an entire deer I can actually get at least  a months worth of meat. No mater how bad of a cook you are you can not cook meat into nonexistence. Realistic approach would be you could by cooking get better and it would improve the benefits as you progress. 

You’re correct that strict realism isn’t their goal so there will be design choices that gloss over the details or represent things abstractly or just ignore things altogether.  

You might benefit from finding a modder whose goal is strict realism as the changes they make to the game will probably sync with what you are wanting as well. 

Ok Class, lets go some math!

In the older alpha's, a deer would give you 5 meat, and each meat recipe required 1 meat. You'd get 5 cooked meals.

Then TFP used 'granular' for meat (and gas), now a deer gives you 25 meat, each meat recipe costs 5. You have 5 cooked meals!

You can now reduce the cost of recipes by perking into master chef. With the old system, this would be impossible, you can't use 0.8 of 1 meat, but you can use 4 meat instead of 5

Class dismissed!

I missed the part where this was a simulation game.  ;)

Realism is secondary to gameplay.  Jars were a waste of space and entirely unnecessary.  Other types of containers disappear and they wanted jars to do the same as everything else.  Works for me.  I hated the jars.  Now, if you want to discuss water collection, that's an entirely different discussion.  If you want immersion, well, your only option will be a mod if it really bothers you that much.  They won't bring them back.

FranticDan had a good "class" about meat, so I'll just second his comment.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Yeah, and if you only needed to kill 2-3 deer for an entire playthrough's worth of food, that would be bad. And meat doesn't spoil, so you could just sit on it forever till you needed it. That's not realistic either, is it?

Using realism as an excuse to change something in a zombie game is dumb. If you want to argue your points then that's fine, but using realism is never going to work. ;)

22 hours ago, chubbychaser747 said:

It’s unrealistic that jars disappear now even I. The end of days glad doesn’t cease to exist I can understand water was easily available before and still is  but your container doesn’t disappear. If I have a can of soup and eat that soup I still have a can I could put something in if I have a jar that has water in it and I drink that water I still have a jar. I understand they want this game to be realistic but they made it more unrealistic by removing jars. Wouldn’t the world be such an amazing place if your Taco Bell cups and stuff were just consumed by an unseen force when you weee done no unlimited refills anymore. This aspect of the game was fine the way it was. Why not stop messing with things that are actually realistic and fix the things that aren’t like if I have 10 pieces of meat and cook them all I should still have 10 not only one. If I kill an entire deer I can actually get at least  a months worth of meat. No mater how bad of a cook you are you can not cook meat into nonexistence. Realistic approach would be you could by cooking get better and it would improve the benefits as you progress. 

as someone mentioned in another thread --

nobody questions gas cans disappearing after filling a vehicle
nobody questions the workbench working without someone there
nobody questions not having empty syringes with the steroids
nobody questions not having empty boxes or wrappers after eating candy
nobody questions where the bowls & plates go after eating crafted food

jars and cans are just another invisible container now like so many other things before it

and water is disgustingly easy to loot anyways

Fun

1) enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure

2) amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable

3) building dew collectors and searching for magazines

4) a joke or lighthearted tease

I mean it is right there plainly defined by the dictionary!  

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Fun

1) enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure

2) amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable

3) building dew collectors and searching for magazines

4) a joke or lighthearted tease

I mean it is right there plainly defined by the dictionary!  

Yep, everyone has their own version of #1.  Like taking a bucket to the river and collecting water.

True gas cans disappear but since you can go to a car or a gas pump and get gas the container that spontaneously appears and disappears that holds the actual gas doesn’t exist. You make food and the plate or whatever just magically appears then poops out of existence. To follow suit when you go to water shouldn’t a jar or some type of container magically appear only to disappear later after you have boiled the water to purify it then drink it. I went to a water source and you literally have to squat, stand, back up, move forward, jump up and down, punch the water, jump in the water, swim in the water, and repeat all those actions multiple times before it actually lets you drink water. This has happened to me numerous times and I’ve seen it happen to many other people while playing. Maybe they should like I said fix these type of things before they change something. This was not an issue before just fill something with water and drink. This is not fun but I’m sure they really don’t care because I’ve already bought the game they have my money anything I say now insignificant. True a lot of people don’t have to worry about jars they are playing permadeath or with mods or with cheats on and jars are not an issue, this game was in the beginning stages so awesome and had a lot of realism but that is a thing of the past just like devs listening to the people that play their games. 

You have to stand a bit in the water, look at the water, have an empty hand equipped and press E when you literally see the message appear on your screen that tells you to press E. Punching and crouching and jumping are not needed or helpful. 

I hope that helps you with your….um….drinking problem. ;)

I agree. I want the game to be realistic too. If I eat a Sham sandwich and get dysentery, I should @%$# all over the place every time I exert myself. And once I smell like doody then the zombies would avoid me, because in real life when you cover yourself in the smell of death, zombies avoid you, and doody smells like death.  

13 hours ago, chubbychaser747 said:

I went to a water source and you literally have to squat, stand, back up, move forward, jump up and down, punch the water, jump in the water, swim in the water, and repeat all those actions multiple times before it actually lets you drink water. This has happened to me numerous times and I’ve seen it happen to many other people while playing.

I don't doubt ya, the interaction is not intuitive, so people end up trying all kinds of nonsense. But all you akshually have to do is stand still for 5 secs and stare at the block below the water you want to drink from. 5 secs is probably too long, but it'll feel like ages until you learn the timing. It's slow. But it's just slow.

If nothing happens in 10 secs, check that your hands are indeed empty, and try a different "depth" of water.

14 hours ago, chubbychaser747 said:

something something something 'realism.'

If the problem with the realism of the game is jars, containers, and how these things work both in game and IRL, wait till I tell you about the zombies, how survival works, and how a nuclear holocaust would not produce the world this game has crafted just for us.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2023 at 6:37 PM, RStarphoenix said:

nobody questions not having empty syringes with the steroids

7 Days to Die is played in the Southwest. LA and Seattle have needle problems. Who's to say that Navezgane isn't the same? Just a bunch of junkies dropping used syringes everywhere.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:18 PM, Ramethzer0 said:

If the problem with the realism of the game is jars, containers, and how these things work both in game and IRL, wait till I tell you about the zombies, how survival works, and how a nuclear holocaust would not produce the world this game has crafted just for us.

I have realized that the people on these forums can't do a mix of realism along with their fantasy. Either everything is fantasy or everything is hyper realistic. Y'all need to figure out how to do both.