DEVELOPERS!!!! Knife is overpowered, Too much accent on looting aspect

eganonstwr

Imagine getting mad at someone for them complementing you at being good at the game and proceeding to insult them (though I will admit my response was laced with a decent amount of sarcasm, the compliment nonetheless was real).

I've also never claimed to be an expert at the game, only that my own experiences (and those of the many other players I've seen) do not match your own. Again, good job at mastering the game. But don't expect/demand changes to be made to the difficulty of the base game unless the majority of the community shares the same experience.

2 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

Imagine getting mad at someone for them complementing you at being good at the game and proceeding to insult them (though I will admit my response was laced with a decent amount of sarcasm, the compliment nonetheless was real).

I've also never claimed to be an expert at the game, only that my own experiences (and those of the many other players I've seen) do not match your own. Again, good job at mastering the game. But don't expect/demand changes to be made to the difficulty of the base game unless the majority of the community shares the same experience.

keep your toxic praise to yourself, knife is oop not just for me but for everyone, you dont wanna understand it dont blur the vision of developers let them correct comments about this

As the game so its community, no wonders

6 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

i also play insane nightmare and i can use clubs any time of the game i want doesnt mean its op, not everyone has the same success with weapons knives are fine as they im sure a lot of people could agree.

OMG Dude!!!, knife is op not because i can use it anytime in any conditions, Knife is op because of its STATS BRO :D :D :D 

i see theres no signs of intelligence in this community, even admins and moders think like 5yo little autist bros and cant control their emotions here :D im so sorry for you guys, you need 1000s lives to become sentient, this may or may not irritate me depends on my mood, but you guys are too funny even for a joke. I hope i never meet people like you irl i cant control my laugher, you look like minecraft bot characters :D not freaking sign of intelligence at all

9 hours ago, ParadiseLostUK said:

Going on a forum throwing around insults at anyone who has a different point of view and then claiming that it's the community that's toxic is, at the very least, showing a lack of self awareness, but most likely simply trolling.

Im so sorry for you dude really, i hope people in real life go easy on you and protect you from society

4 hours ago, eganonstwr said:

OMG Dude!!!, knife is op not because i can use it anytime in any conditions, Knife is op because of its STATS BRO :D :D :D 

i see theres no signs of intelligence in this community, even admins and moders think like 5yo little autist bros and cant control their emotions here :D im so sorry for you guys, you need 1000s lives to become sentient, this may or may not irritate me depends on my mood, but you guys are too funny even for a joke. I hope i never meet people like you irl i cant control my laugher, you look like minecraft bot characters :D not freaking sign of intelligence at all

Im so sorry for you dude really, i hope people in real life go easy on you and protect you from society

Oh, so it was lack of self awareness and trolling, my mistake.  🤣

5 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Strong disagree, hunting knife is far superior to the machete:
Dealing slightly less dmg for much less stamina, and can also knock down while machete can't.

Yes that is a good fact only upside to using the machete is light attack damage (which no one does) isnt it only like a 5 or 6 point power attack difference at tier 5? The stamina used and attacks per minute is better in that case (op could have said the hunting knife needs nerfing rather than 'knife')

9 hours ago, eganonstwr said:

your lack of common decency is laughable my friend.

Edited by Callum123456789 (see edit history)

18 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Strong disagree, hunting knife is far superior to the machete:
Dealing slightly less dmg for much less stamina, and can also knock down while machete can't.

That might be true, but I personally really dislike the attack animation for the hunting knife.  It's not just an aesthetic thing, I just find it very uncomfortable to use.  The only bladed weapon I actually enjoy using is the machete.

16 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

Yes that is a good fact only upside to using the machete is light attack damage (which no one does) isnt it only like a 5 or 6 point power attack difference at tier 5

The damage difference for power attack on the machete is always 20. All bonuses get added evenly for normal and power attacks. An extreme example of this is having a normal attack of 100 and power of 120.
The knives get a 50% extra boost for power attacks. Base dmg for hunting knife is 12, so each mod adds 1.2 to normal, and they way TFP did dmg for power attack, the boost is 1.8 per mod. So power attacks are always worth it for the knives

2 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

That might be true, but I personally really dislike the attack animation for the hunting knife.  It's not just an aesthetic thing, I just find it very uncomfortable to use.  The only bladed weapon I actually enjoy using is the machete.

If you really wanted, you could change the animation of the knives to be the machete animation
The knives have a tighter hitbox detection, not as tight as the spear though.

Despite OP beeing a nuisance here, he is right about the 1-2km radius. You basically can stay within the city you spawn the whole playtrough. There is no motivatioin whatsoever to leave the forest biome, well lootstage but as you also don´t get the higher gamestage bonus when staying in the forest you don´t need bonus for your loot. Not even for aloe or oilshale you need to leave the forest anymore.

TFP did a hell lot of work to make us loot all day, but seem to have forgotten about other biomes. And seeing that there isn´t much more to be implented in the game, i don´t have high hopes for anything to happen that will change that. I kinda feel like they do only test on Navezgane where you naturally have to leave the forest if you do the quests as every building only exists once.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

14 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I kinda feel like they do only test on Navezgane where you naturally have to leave the forest if you do the quests as every building only exists once.

Interesting, didnt know those details of Navezgane, but I only played it once when i got the game.

Edited by Rotor (see edit history)

On 9/26/2023 at 2:22 PM, eganonstwr said:

Just try to power attack with knives, they consume significantly less stamina and dmg almost identical to that of machete

Well a knife does way weigh about half or less than a machete so that makes sense stamina wise.

What's the difference in durability? That is significant when it comes to a weapons viability. I would guess knives are lower than machetes, which is a nerf in and of itself.

23 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Despite OP beeing a nuisance here, he is right about the 1-2km radius. You basically can stay within the city you spawn the whole playtrough. There is no motivatioin whatsoever to leave the forest biome, well lootstage but as you also don´t get the higher gamestage bonus when staying in the forest you don´t need bonus for your loot. Not even for aloe or oilshale you need to leave the forest anymore.

I can only speak for my experience but I do a lot of quests and the traders often send me to other biomes especially for the T5 and T6 quests.

But it also depends on the map. My maps are usually 8k maps. If you are in the center then you have 4 kilometers to each side. So a radius of 2 kilometers covers half of the map and always includes other biomes in my maps.

What I would not like is if we were forced to move to other biomes. Moving from one base to another is a pain. So I'm happy if I don't have to do that too often. And I like the pine forest. Moderate temperatures and the weather is better than in most other biomes. The desert isn't bad to live in either but the heat sucks.

@RipClaw Well it´s a progression ofc. There is no need to move, once you have a minibike you can simply just get what you need or want from other biomes. Make a little outpost in each so you can stay there for 2 or 3 days maybe. 

I am not talking about having to live there. But right now you don´t even have to go there once at all if you don´t want to. And exactly that was the reason they removed the plains and burnt forest biome. They weren´t necessary. Now snow and wasteland at least do offer a challenge. The desert not so much, only if you go there right at start. 

Temperature is a non issue tbh. Most annoying thing is the icon in the bottom left corner.

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@RipClaw Well it´s a progression ofc. There is no need to move, once you have a minibike you can simply just get what you need or want from other biomes. Make a little outpost in each so you can stay there for 2 or 3 days maybe. 

I am not talking about having to live there. But right now you don´t even have to go there once at all if you don´t want to. And exactly that was the reason they removed the plains and burnt forest biome. They weren´t necessary. Now snow and wasteland at least do offer a challenge. The desert not so much, only if you go there right at start. 

Temperature is a non issue tbh. Most annoying thing is the icon in the bottom left corner.

The desert may still have actual use as a source for oil shale.

9 hours ago, meganoth said:

The desert may still have actual use as a source for oil shale.

Not really. As you must loot and quest a lot,  because you will otherwise don´t get any books and water, you have more than enough money to buy it from the traders. And also wrenching cars. With the minibike we don´t even need to go in the desert in MP Coop if we don´t want to. 3 traders within 1.5km, about 8k gas every 3 days to buy from each. More than enough. And as you don´t need to leave the forest there is no reason for other vehicles.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Not really. As you must loot and quest a lot,  because you will otherwise don´t get any books and water, you have more than enough money to buy it from the traders. And also wrenching cars. With the minibike we don´t even need to go in the desert in MP Coop if we don´t want to. 3 traders within 1.5km, about 8k gas every 3 days to buy from each. More than enough. And as you don´t need to leave the forest there is no reason for other vehicles.

Well...depends on your map too. Most of my higher tier POIs are not in the forest in the map I've been on for 128 or so days. I was trying to get what passes for a more interesting map these days that the current @%$# generator pukes out and so I didn't min-max for large urban areas. The map is pretty lame for a power gamer, but it's home for now.

Obviously I've got a copter by now so I could live where I choose anyway, but Jen is in the snow and Jenny and me is like peas and carrots (but seriously, it was the most convenient centrally located trader with a lot of good flat open ground around it). So yeah, I spend most of my time in the snow. I do get a lot more meat and leather.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:58 AM, eganonstwr said:

keep your toxic praise to yourself, knife is oop not just for me but for everyone, you dont wanna understand it dont blur the vision of developers let them correct comments about this

As the game so its community, no wonders

My edgelord detection sensor is burying the needle right now.