Starfield is making 7D2D look great

Jost Amman

5 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

As someone who backed Original Sin and Original Sin 2, I have to say the only Larian game I've ever actually enjoyed was the first 2 acts of Dragon Commander (a game that failed miserably.)  Granted, the only other Larian game I've played besides those 3 is Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, which had the floatiest controls I've ever encountered.

I also hate 5E D&D (more than I hate 2E, which is surprising to me, becuase I used to reserve the term "loathe" to describe my feelings towards 2E D&D), so that's a big part of why I'm unlikely to ever buy BG3, and if I ever do, it'll be for < $10 including whatever DLC it may end up getting.

I dont expected everyone to like it.  However, the numbers of concurrent daily players puts it into the stratosphere.   I'm not a huge fan of D&D (o even battlemaps) either, but I can't deny how well Larian has managed BG3 better than WotC has done with its tabletop version.

18 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

This thread is exactly why I want work on 7D2D to end soon then:

a) Get solid info as to what the new games the pimps are working on

b) Get an early access going

I too am excited to see if the Pimps have more for us.  Hopefully, these new titles will have far less development time spent on polishing after all this time and experience spent on 7 days. 

On 9/11/2023 at 7:27 PM, Adam the Waster said:

The only real reason we get so much Content in updates it's cuz it's still alpha.  I'm afraid when gold comes.  Nothing new will be added aside from QQL stuff 

Not true.  There are definitely post gold plans to add more content.  From a level design aspect, we have brainstormed several interesting possible packs already.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Not true.  There are definitely post gold plans to add more content.  From a level design aspect, we have brainstormed several interesting possible packs already.

Arizona? Let me think, .... the desert pack, desert pack 2, desert pack 3, ultimate cacti pack, desert pack 4 

😁

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Arizona? Let me think, .... the desert pack, desert pack 2, desert pack 3, ultimate cacti pack, desert pack 4 

😁

One idea is the starfield pack where the player uses the helipad at trader to summon a spaceship to take them into outer space.

Jking...would be a great mod though.

I'm really disappointed with Starfield. It's boring. Simple as.

This has no doubt been exacerbated by how good Baldur's Gate 3 was. Starfield looks epic in scale, but is as shallow as it comes.

People keep saying that Starfield and BG3 are different games, but they're both RPGs. I don't know. I wish I could refund the game but I've already spent well over 30hrs, but I haven't played the game since it was fully released (that 30hrs was accumulated from the premium version). 

The engine is tired, the NPCs are tired, the interaction is tired, the maps are rubbish (I had to use google search to see where the vendors were such is how bad the maps are in that game), you walk around for miles on end with nothing to do.

As someone who has played every Elder Scrolls game from Arena on, I can say I was super excited to see Starfield until I realized space wasn't space at all, you can't "fly" to planets and "land." The flying/space gameplay  was a massive let down. They took the very BEST part of space games and nerfed the hell out of the exploration aspects. hard pass until it's $20 on Steam.

11 hours ago, warmer said:

As someone who has played every Elder Scrolls game from Arena on, I can say I was super excited to see Starfield until I realized space wasn't space at all, you can't "fly" to planets and "land." The flying/space gameplay  was a massive let down. They took the very BEST part of space games and nerfed the hell out of the exploration aspects. hard pass until it's $20 on Steam.

Oh wait @%$#, really? Is it all just fast travel?

3 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Oh wait @%$#, really? Is it all just fast travel?

No there's not even that. You have to land where the markers tell you and even then they can place you miles away from that marker after you've clicked on it. It's illogical.

That's why there's all the talk about there being no transport being in the game because it would compound the problem even further; the problem being that there's nothing to do in between.

On 9/14/2023 at 12:07 PM, FramFramson said:

I think Beth understands very well that all Starfield really needs to be is as good a modding platform as Skyrim is.

and Multiplayer. I was excited about SF until I saw it wasn't MP. (correct me if I am wrong)

22 hours ago, warmer said:

As someone who has also played every Elder Scrolls game from Arena on, and still considers Daggerfall to be 1 of the all time greats, I can say I had zero enthusiasm about Starfield and am glad I didn't buy into the hype (or buy the overpriced game).

Bethesda "2 patches and we're off to sell DLC, we don't care if the community patch fixes a list of issues a mile long" Softworks has really cemented themselves as a bunch of @%$#ups, and for all the hate MS gets, MS games does tend to do a good job but I don't even know if they can turn them around (MS now owns them).