Alpha 20.4 Stable

Hated

11 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Maybe if you'd go read the 2 other places the reason has been posted, instead of expecting someone to bring it to you, you would know. Faatal gave the reason the the Dev Diary.

Why be a smart arse? Perhaps you could have just posted the reason here which I; and I'm sure many others whose lives dont revolve aeound crawling the forums for info; would have been grateful for.

Instead You've taken the time instead to reply purely to criticise.

One of those courses of actiom makes you appear helpful, and a nice part of the community by sharing updated info. It wasn't the one you chose.

26 minutes ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Why be a smart arse? Perhaps you could have just posted the reason here which I; and I'm sure many others whose lives dont revolve aeound crawling the forums for info; would have been grateful for.

One of those courses of actiom makes you appear helpful, and a nice part of the community by sharing updated info. It wasn't the one you chose.

Just look past the rudeness! ;)

1 hour ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

It had already been shared. No need to do it again just because you didn't see it.

I've helped plenty of people around here that I felt needed it. You are not one of those people.

@%*#&$ "@$#&×*% "$&%@£ 7dtd $&%%× #&$*×%* @£!;$&/ %* i-*√²∞½

%#&$@ $&?!×*% 8dtd? +*%&#@$ &!#£×$*% @£&§$  ₹ ©¢₤§  9dtd!

¶₱€¢¢£§’{©₪∆∞★.

There. That's my religious opinion on the subject.Or at the very least it's a poor try to write it in elvish.

22 hours ago, meganoth said:

Maybe ask one of the modders about that. They will tell you a different story

I'm a mod maker and I do agree that if it wasn't for the modability and the continuous releases of new and updated mods, most people would have stopped playing this game years ago. In the server listing the only vanilla servers belong to those who for some reason want to remain "loyal" to TFP, or those who have no idea how make a modded server. A dedicated server without some basic support mods like Alloc's, and/or CSMM is very unstable with a LOT of memory leaks and crashes. I'm not saying that these isues are not there on modded, because they are but way less frequently.

18 hours ago, grendelwolf said:

I reckon that you mean Zombies of infected kids. I remember that there was some outrage in the media because there are baby zombies in Dying Light (they are called Screamers too). To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Kids in horror games - ok.  Infected kids in Zombie games? I don't know... 

Minecraft have "Baby Zombies" so.... there. This game have copied a LOT of features from Minecraft. Some of those features have been removed, some have been altered to not look so obvious.

You get chickens, boars/pig, wolf in both games. Both games started off with Chickens and Pigs. 7dtd later changed it to boars. As to not be sooo obvious. 7dtd could have chosen another poultry that is native to the US as the game is set in the US. For example Turkeys. Would have worked even better. In RL you CAN use Turkey feather for fletching on an arrow, but chicken feather just isn't strong enough to last at all. Just saying. This game have taken "inspiration" from many other games. Like the Zombie dogs from Resident Evil. Nobody is holding it against them! Child Zombies would be the same. Could be real fun. And would add to the immersion of it all.

1 hour ago, kdthehun said:

I'm a mod maker and I do agree that if it wasn't for the modability and the continuous releases of new and updated mods, most people would have stopped playing this game years ago.

I agree to this, but that was not what the poster I replied to was talking about.

And the fun pimps (AFAIK) would fully agree to your statement as well. That is why they put as much effort in making this game moddable, because they know that beginners need a much different game than experienced players and anything that doesn't change gets stale after some time.

They do not expect experienced players to play vanilla. They want 7D2D be a platform for mods just like the bethesda games are.

The poster said that "I think there  jealous that a bunch of modders on there free time are better then the payed people ". Which none of the long time modders I have known now for years would agree to (AFAIK). Because they know that the resources, the mechanisms they can play with, are there because of TFP.

As an analogy, TFP are the makers of lego blocks, and they also publish a lego model everyone new to lego blocks could build. TFP is constrained by the goal to make that model work for a beginner, modders are not. They are the ones who use those lego blocks and publish a hundred more lego models of varying quality and style, but very few new blocks.

So a comparison between TFP and modders can't really be done because they work mostly on different levels of the game. And TFP wants modders to be successful as that means the game is successful.

Where you could possible make a comparison on even ground may be the POI models. Both TFP and the community create new POIs.

And there is a difference, TFP builds using a strict style guide with a relatively constant high quality, modders build freely with POIs of wildly varying quality and style. It is a question of subjective taste which collection is the better.

There is no question that the community collection will ultimately be much bigger than the TFP collection once the game is released, and without the style guide restriction there should be some POIs in there (among many mediocre ones) that are arguably much better than TFP POIs.

1 hour ago, kdthehun said:

In the server listing the only vanilla servers belong to those who for some reason want to remain "loyal" to TFP, or those who have no idea how make a modded server. A dedicated server without some basic support mods like Alloc's, and/or CSMM is very unstable with a LOT of memory leaks and crashes. I'm not saying that these isues are not there on modded, because they are but way less frequently.

You do know that Alloc is an employee of TFP? Are you saying he is jealous of himself?

Most servers are outside the limits which TFP supports. This is why those servers are much less stable. TFP's primary goal is to build and finish the game. They seem to care about the servers as well, but those are secondary goals. At least in alpha.

I have a private dedicated server with 4 players that usually runs without problems for a whole play session and NO crashes of the server. The game wasn't built for 20 players and it shows.

Again, TFP expects players who played the game for hundreds of hours to advance to mods, they have stated this many times. That whole XML layer would be overkill if they just wanted to have a vanilla game and nothing else. Server owners who host vanilla are not loyal, not even "loyal" to TFP. They just host vanilla.

WOW! This is trash. I want it back like it was, I don't want to have to select which part of the world I want servers to show up for me. I want the full list and not waste my time an hour to find servers I use to play on. 

So disappointed, I'm about to be done with that game. 

On 4/26/2022 at 7:55 PM, cheebsco said:

If you didn't backup your serverconfig.xml before updating, you can get your server settings from the last output log it generated.

Thanks, I'll see if I can recover it.  Another thought that just occurred to me, is that I have a System Restore point to April 21st.  I might try reverting the entire system back that far if the output log doesn't bear fruit.  It's well known that SR won't change user data files (word/excel/etc), but it does affect system files, files in Program Files, files in Appdata.  It might get me back to where I want to be, so that I can get my server back with the push of 1 button, and then I can either keep the game on Alpha 20.3, or I'll at least get the opportuntiy to back up my serverconfig.xml before I update to the newest patch.

4 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@%*#&$ "@$#&×*% "$&%@£ 7dtd $&%%× #&$*×%* @£!;$&/ %* i-*√²∞½

%#&$@ $&?!×*% 8dtd? +*%&#@$ &!#£×$*% @£&§$  ₹ ©¢₤§  9dtd!

¶₱€¢¢£§’{©₪∆∞★.

There. That's my religious opinion on the subject.Or at the very least it's a poor try to write it in elvish.

"WAAAAAAARGHT!!" this is offical opinion about everything in every topic of Da biggga boss KRUZA Da skulzzbusta da besta chefta offff gitagutza orks boyz 

2 hours ago, kdthehun said:

Minecraft have "Baby Zombies" so.... there. This game have copied a LOT of features from Minecraft. Some of those features have been removed, some have been altered to not look so obvious.

You get chickens, boars/pig, wolf in both games. Both games started off with Chickens and Pigs. 7dtd later changed it to boars. As to not be sooo obvious. 7dtd could have chosen another poultry that is native to the US as the game is set in the US. For example Turkeys. Would have worked even better. In RL you CAN use Turkey feather for fletching on an arrow, but chicken feather just isn't strong enough to last at all. Just saying. This game have taken "inspiration" from many other games. Like the Zombie dogs from Resident Evil. Nobody is holding it against them! Child Zombies would be the same. Could be real fun. And would add to the immersion of it all.

Yep i agree about z teens. Btw about chicken feather - this depends on type of chicken

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

They do not expect experienced players to play vanilla. They want 7D2D be a platform for mods just like the bethesda games are.

As an analogy, TFP are the makers of lego blocks, and they also publish a lego model everyone new to lego blocks could build. TFP is constrained by the goal to make that model work for a beginner, modders are not. They are the ones who use those lego blocks and publish a hundred more lego models of varying quality and style, but very few new blocks.

So a comparison between TFP and modders can't really be done because they work mostly on different levels of the game. And TFP wants modders to be successful as that means the game is successful.

Where you could possible make a comparison on even ground may be the POI models. Both TFP and the community create new POIs.

And there is a difference, TFP builds using a strict style guide with a relatively constant high quality, modders build freely with POIs of wildly varying quality and style. It is a question of subjective taste which collection is the better.

There is no question that the community collection will ultimately be much bigger than the TFP collection once the game is released, and without the style guide restriction there should be some POIs in there (among many mediocre ones) that are arguably much better than TFP POIs.

Yep but people love lego because we get tons of lego sets and then came "bootlegs" like enlighten or another brick not bootlegs companies like Cobi. Ofc people making MOC star wars sets but  Lego still making advance sets lik AT-AT or Death star for few K $. 

Skyrim is mod base by... accident. Because it suposued to be just another TES game but with big WoW element - dragons ( for lore guys this was like Vader telling Luke about who is his father). And on begining it was hated by morrowind fans because it was too easy and simple - unfortunatly bethesda decided to focus on to sell on the most wider group of people not TES fans. And still TES fans hate modders because of them we don't have TES 6 yet.

Game don't need to be diffcult to be good. It need a lot of content  - new enemies , weapons etc.

So telling that modders can add guns etc is not solution - Mount and blade have tons of weapons mods but there is tons of weapons in vanillia -  terraria is similiar.  

I'm watching how 7dtd mods looks like and... i'm disspointed so much and i talked about that a lot of time. So mods will not keep everyone - total war have "for fun" mods and 'serious" mods . 7DTD have mostly only for fun mods- there if only few seriouse mods but they are focused on mechanics only.

So this like you have few WW2 Cobi sets and you want more - maybe pak, maybe new tank and you check in internet and you are finding only MLP or "chiness" sets. So your only option is ask Cobi for more WW2 sets because bricks create don't doing them.

That's why i hope 7DTD will adding good quality dlc because i think this only way to get strict  style and quality content. 

So let say  7dtd game and  mods are bricks :

That's how 7dtd game looks like

Produkt archiwalny] M4A3E8 Sherman Easy Eight - Klocki Czołgi i pojazdy  WW2: kolekcja historyczna - dla dzieci 9 | Zabawki Cobi

That;s how mods looks like xd

Brick Toy World War 2 Playset with 20 soldiers – The Brick Armory

Big diffrence ? Yep

57 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Yep but people love lego because we get tons of lego sets and then came "bootlegs" like enlighten or another brick not bootlegs companies like Cobi. Ofc people making MOC star wars sets but  Lego still making

advance sets lik AT-AT or Death star for few K $. 

Irrelevant. There is no bootleg of 7D2D yet. That DeathStar is for lego what a big DLC would be for TFP. It surely will happen some time after release.

Look at how long lego existed until that DeathStar came out. I'm sure you won't have to wait that long for 7D2D's DLC. 😉

Skyrim is mod base by... accident.

Wrong. What maybe happened by accident in Morrowind can't be happening by accident in Skryrim anymore. And it is definitely deliberate in 7D2D's case.

Bethesda knows exactly that modding is a large part of the success of their games. They even have an official mod store.

Because it suposued to be just another TES game but with big WoW element - dragons ( for lore guys this was like Vader telling Luke about who is his father). And on begining it was hated by morrowind fans because it was too easy and simple - unfortunatly bethesda decided to focus on to sell on the most wider group of people not TES fans. And still TES fans hate modders because of them we don't have TES 6 yet.

Game don't need to be diffcult to be good. It need a lot of content  - new enemies , weapons etc.

So telling that modders can add guns etc is not solution - Mount and blade have tons of weapons mods but there is tons of weapons in vanillia -  terraria is similiar.  

And Fifa 22 has no weapons at all. What have they been thinking? They surely can't be successfull 😁

"Random game has X, therefore 7D2D needs X" is a fallacy.

I'm watching how 7dtd mods looks like and... i'm disspointed so much and i talked about that a lot of time. So mods will not keep everyone - total war have "for fun" mods and 'serious" mods . 7DTD have mostly only for fun mods- there if only few seriouse mods but they are focused on mechanics only.

So this like you have few WW2 Cobi sets and you want more - maybe pak, maybe new tank and you check in internet and you are finding only MLP or "chiness" sets. So your only option is ask Cobi for more WW2 sets because bricks create don't doing them.

That's why i hope 7DTD will adding good quality dlc because i think this only way to get strict  style and quality content. 

So let say  7dtd game and  mods are bricks :

That's how 7dtd game looks like

Produkt archiwalny] M4A3E8 Sherman Easy Eight - Klocki Czołgi i pojazdy  WW2: kolekcja historyczna - dla dzieci 9 | Zabawki Cobi

That;s how mods looks like xd

Brick Toy World War 2 Playset with 20 soldiers – The Brick Armory

Big diffrence ? Yep

You are disappointed in mods, lots and lots of forum users are enthusiatic mod users to the point that some even argue that TFP must be jealous.

The decision to make 7D2D mod-friendly happened a really long time ago and has been a fundamental part of the game. You are a reborn Don Quijotte de la Mancha battling against ancient windmills that have been built by the pharaos 2000 years ago. The only thing you will change is increasing your frustration because nothing will change in that regard

Irrelevant. There is no bootleg of 7D2D yet. That DeathStar is for lego what a big DLC would be for TFP. It surely will happen some time after release.

Look at how long lego existed until that DeathStar came out. I'm sure you won't have to wait that long for 7D2D's DLC. 😉

Well i hope there will be DLC. Btw i could give kingdom series as example but... LEGO BROKEN SKELETON!! new skeleton is terrible. I prefere orginal skeleton figure much more so.... 😭

Btw any info about that ? i mean if TFP considering dlc?

Wrong. What maybe happened by accident in Morrowind can't be happening by accident in Skryrim anymore. And it is definitely deliberate in 7D2D's case.

Bethesda knows exactly that modding is a large part of the success of their games. They even have an official mod store.

Not rly - in morrowind period mods were not such popular (excpet unoffical patches). Yep it was a success but ... well zombie in cod was a joke at first not something considering as important part of game. Skyrim was good game not because they talk about mods but because it tes - oblivion looks goofy but it's good rpg too. So mods in skyrim are like rocket jumping in quake - devs don't expect that

And Fifa 22 has no weapons at all. What have they been thinking? They surely can't be successfull 😁

"Random game has X, therefore 7D2D needs X" is a fallacy.

And fifa don't have mods.  😅 Every game i know with good mods i know have tons of content in basic game - SWBF, stalker, shogun 2, Empire at War , mount and blade.  

You are disappointed in mods, lots and lots of forum users are enthusiatic mod users to the point that some even argue that TFP must be jealous.

The decision to make 7D2D mod-friendly happened a really long time ago and has been a fundamental part of the game. You are a reborn Don Quijotte de la Mancha battling against ancient windmills that have been built by the pharaos 2000 years ago. The only thing you will change is increasing your frustration because nothing will change in that regard

But is still have hope that someone will  make more realistic mods. ( If anyone want few suggestion i can help !) 

Until this time i just have to wait for dlc

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Skyrim is mod base by... accident. Because it suposued to be just another TES game but with big WoW element - dragons ( for lore guys this was like Vader telling Luke about who is his father). And on begining it was hated by morrowind fans because it was too easy and simple - unfortunatly bethesda decided to focus on to sell on the most wider group of people not TES fans. And still TES fans hate modders because of them we don't have TES 6 yet.

If anyone thinks the reason why TES 6 has not been released yet is because of modders for Skyrim......well, there is no helping those people (there I can be nice and not rude).

6 hours ago, kdthehun said:

Child Zombies would be the same. Could be real fun. And would add to the immersion of it all.

They could be real fun, or just annoying (like this little ugly b.uggers in Cry Of Fear). I still don't see the benefit in 7 Days To Die - but I already see the upcoming moralizer s.hitstorm in the media: "They kill children in this game! Stop them!"  😉

What's TFP's opinion regarding little ugly Zombie b.uggers?

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

If anyone thinks the reason why TES 6 has not been released yet is because of modders for Skyrim......well, there is no helping those people (there I can be nice and not rude).

Skyrim is still selling right? if there woudn't be mods or just small mods - after 3 - 4 years nobody would buy skyrim anymore so Bethesda would have to consider  relased  TES 6 probably in 2018 (similiar time between oblivion and skyrim)  to earn more money. Like witcher 2 and witcher 3. Honestly... a big number of people cared mostly about TES lore and... nothing happening now  because tes online is... hard topic because some things in lore in tes online and "singleplayer" games are a diffrent 

1 minute ago, grendelwolf said:

They could be real fun, or just annoying (like this little ugly b.uggers in Cry Of Fear). I still don't see the benefit in 7 Days To Die - but I already read the moralizer s.hitstorm in thought. "They kill children in this game! Stop them!"  😉

What's TFP's opinion regarding little ugly Zombie b.uggers?

Well <spoiler alert> they are annoying for good reason. It learn you to aim to not waste ammo. No more room kids are better because they are much diffrent that normal zombie ( much faster and you have to head shot zombie so you have to aim down to elimenat them ) .

So i suggest to added them in 1$ dollar DLC like blood for the blood god for total war - if someone don't want it in his game don't have to buy it or install

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Skyrim is still selling right? if there woudn't be mods or just small mods - after 3 - 4 years nobody would buy skyrim anymore so Bethesda would have to consider  relased  TES 6 probably in 2018 (similiar time between oblivion and skyrim)  to earn more money. Like witcher 2 and witcher 3. Honestly... a big number of people cared mostly about TES lore and... nothing happening now  because tes online is... hard topic because some things in lore in tes online and "singleplayer" games are a diffrent 

People still playing Doom today. The Doom from 1993! Because there are so many maps out there and a bunch of Mods to have fun with. Counter-example: Quake 4. Anyone play this game in 2022?

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

So i suggest to added them in 1$ dollar DLC like blood for the blood god for total war - if someone don't want it in his game don't have to buy it or install

Or add Children Zombies in the game and make them deactivatable in the game options menu. By the way, there is a mod that removes female cannibals from 'The Forest'. Don't ask.... but I reckon that the same type of gamers that don't want to kill female cannibals won't kill Zombie kids too.   

12 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

I don't think you understand how Bethesda operates:

• TES IV started development in 2002 and was released in 2006
  • FO3 was started in 2004, but major development was not done until TESIV was released, this game was released in 2008
  • TES V started development in 2006, but major development work was delayed until FO3 was released, this game was released in 2011
  • FO4 started development in 2009, but major development work was delayed until TES V was released, game was released in 2015
  • FO76 was released in 2018
  • Starfield is slated for release this year (2022)
  • TES VI was announced to be released after Starfield

If you look at just these games which are considered their main ones (and I understand they have more but I limited it to just ones developed by Bethesda Game Studios), they are releasing a major game every 3-4 years since 2008.  Development work starts before the next game is released, but is delayed because resources are allocated for the upcoming game and then reassigned back after the next game is released.  So TES VI wasn't delayed because people kept buying Skyrim, it was not on the schedule before FO76 and Starfield.  Each one of those games I listed above are big projects for BGS and you can see the pattern they been following since TES IV.

1 hour ago, grendelwolf said:

People still playing Doom today. The Doom from 1993! Because there are so many maps out there and a bunch of Mods to have fun with. Counter-example: Quake 4. Anyone play this game in 2022?

Or add Children Zombies in the game and make them deactivatable in the game options menu. By the way, there is a mod that removes female cannibals from 'The Forest'. Don't ask.... but I reckon that the same type of gamers that don't want to kill female cannibals won't kill Zombie kids too.   

1. well Doom never was about lore and story. Tes was - i think it could be even like warhammer fanstasy for some time.

2. Rly about that mode? Yep as blood dlc for Tw 

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't think you understand how Bethesda operates:

• TES IV started development in 2002 and was released in 2006
  • FO3 was started in 2004, but major development was not done until TESIV was released, this game was released in 2008
  • TES V started development in 2006, but major development work was delayed until FO3 was released, this game was released in 2011
  • FO4 started development in 2009, but major development work was delayed until TES V was released, game was released in 2015
  • FO76 was released in 2018
  • Starfield is slated for release this year (2022)
  • TES VI was announced to be released after Starfield

If you look at just these games which are considered their main ones (and I understand they have more but I limited it to just ones developed by Bethesda Game Studios), they are releasing a major game every 3-4 years since 2008.  Development work starts before the next game is released, but is delayed because resources are allocated for the upcoming game and then reassigned back after the next game is released.  So TES VI wasn't delayed because people kept buying Skyrim, it was not on the schedule before FO76 and Starfield.  Each one of those games I listed above are big projects for BGS and you can see the pattern they been following since TES IV.

Starfield was leaked +- TES IV period. But there were rumors that there will be FNV2 ealier  because FNV was better that F3 but "skyrim mod boom" give chance that mods can be good option ( paid mods on console). We can only speculate "What IF" but probably Tes VI would be faster because : 1. F76 probably woudn't be made, 2. FNV2 would be made by diffrent studio .  

On 4/26/2022 at 7:55 PM, cheebsco said:

If you didn't backup your serverconfig.xml before updating, you can get your server settings from the last output log it generated.

Thank you so much for the advice.  I recreated the file line by line from the last known good log (April 23rd); and I brought the server back up.  When I logged in, I was in my old server, inside my base, precisely where I logged off, all of my gear was there, all of my skills were still learned, and party members/allies were listed.  I have not only saved a copy of the config file in a safe place, but I've added a second SSD to my server box, and turned on Volume Shadow Copy.  I will not be in this predicament a second time.

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

1. well Doom never was about lore and story.

2. Rly about that mode?

1. Doom has one of the most complicated stories in gaming history .... ehmmm ... ok, you're right.  🙂

2. https://modapi.survivetheforest.net/mod/232/no-women

This solves the naked problem ... I didn't see any problem there. 😉

The naked problem? Really? "I want to play a game where I can fight against female cannibals. I can wound them, I can kill them, I can burn them, I can even skin them. But I don't want to see them naked!" Nerds... 🙄

30 minutes ago, grendelwolf said:

1. Doom has one of the most complicated stories in gaming history .... ehmmm ... ok, you're right.  🙂

2. https://modapi.survivetheforest.net/mod/232/no-women

This solves the naked problem ... I didn't see any problem there. 😉

The naked problem? Really? "I want to play a game where I can fight against female cannibals. I can wound them, I can kill them, I can burn them, I can even skin them. But I don't want to see them naked!" Nerds... 🙄

1. Doom have 2 reboots -  doom 3 and doom 2016 so lore from Doom 1 , doom 2 and wolfenstein spear of destiny  and doom 3 is not cannon anymore. Yep doom had even book but it was more like NZA that skyrim

2. well... i don't like nudity too but.... i don't have problem here because... were canibals are (probably) primitive clones - so they are even more stupid that neadertals 

Speaking of server list. I would really like it if they added a filter for ping. Would eliminate a lot of those chinese servers with pings in the very high hundreds and I wouldn't mind just finding some servers that I would have a lower ping on.

19 hours ago, Roland said:

Just look past the rudeness! ;)

Yeah except your sarcasm has no place here, since his comment is a clear directive, regarding information he is aware of.

But nice try.

18 hours ago, bdubyah said:

It had already been shared. No need to do it again just because you didn't see it.

I've helped plenty of people around here that I felt needed it. You are not one of those people.

And you are not obliged to.

But when you are aware of information and prefer caustic posting to sharing the info then it doesn't give you a very good image.

And on that note, I believe this conversation is exhausted.

Archived