Alpha 20.4 Stable

Hated

19 hours ago, FFW_Rude said:

And i just saw they added a message on the loading to say : "Hey it's alpha if it doesn't work well... That happens". That's pretty @%$#ty to have added that the day they @%$# up server.

Should stop posting. I'm too mad about it.

It actually got added when 20.4 was released as experimental.

20 hours ago, Scumgrief said:

I had the same problem & errors yesterday.  I figured I'd wipe because I had mods (Alloc's x3 + CSMM_Patrons)  installed on the server, and, well, the mod thing...  Pretty lame to wipe but w/e I guess.  I actually had to reinstall the whole server (Bluefang) and noticed the serverconfig.xml updated again after my first update, so I guess the 2 new parameters got added there.  Gave up at that point while it reinstalled.  Just now getting back to it...

I didn't save my original launch string from yesterday but before I gave up I do remember looking at that & re-did my active parameters.  I just now finished launching the server & it is now coming up in the search.

Connecting... did I just see something regarding Epic in the messages?  Got into the game w/out the mods.  Back to figuring out the rest of that mess considering the folder moves...

Looks like on the server end, the Mods folder still needs to be added & the mods put there like usual.  At least for Alloc's & CPM, anyway.  Not sure how the dedicated server structure will change down the road in regard to mods... I'll go back over change log but anyone have an easy mode explanation for the future cutover of the mods?

At this point I'm pretty sure my whole issue was the first update of the server to latest stable had something bad in it.  Once I did the second check for update & I got the right serverconfig.xml, something in that update had the right sauce for the server to operate normally.

On the client side, can we do anything about turning off the nag re:

Potential crashes

You are running on Windows 11.

EAC might fail to start for you in the current release.

Please run with it disabled in you do experience it failing to start until the error is fixed by another update.

First, QA please on the "disabled in you" to "disabled if you". :) 

Second, yes I know.  Everyone is going to die because Windows 11.  Please allow a checkbox or something to suppress this message.

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Yes, and they all will still search for Mods in the Program folder and should work exactly like they did in 20.3 (provided the patches did not introduce new bugs).

Please read the changelog again: It clearly says that the new location is searched in addition to the old one. And that is all I'm saying. In A20.4 all the copies you installed will look for Mods in the usual location in the programs folder itself. They will additionally look somewhere else but that will not be a problem for you as there should be nothing there.

Gotcha, I think it was the Future part that threw me off. For now it should work fine. I appreciate you pointing me to the notes again. 

18 hours ago, cheebsco said:

Well, considering that it still works in the old place... and know it opens up more support on other platforms... I can see why people may be thinking that it's a bit over dramatic.

Being over dramatic is a point that intelligent people can both see through, and appreciate.

It doesn't mean the OP doesn't have a point, and if one is mentally equipped to seek and appreciate the point then one would not waste time on the peripheral fluff.

This is always the case with people who protest to the way someone says something but is incapable or unwilling to try to understand and appreciate why they did.

And @danielspoa - Kuasimodo needs to go back to his bell tower out of the way of the forums. I have no time or respect for someone who almost pathologically downvotes yet is unwilling to have any intelligent discussion on the points he dislikes or disagrees with.

Interacting is not obligatory but if all someone does is downvote and never offers any conversation or constructive debate they start losing credibility.

On the discussion of the update moving the mods folder, I wonder why the devs did it. We get a lot of changes yet; outside those relatively self explanatory, we don't necessarily get a lot of why.

Perhaps; and any dev can answer, this was done for the purposes of performance boosting? 🤔

It seems that our 'Mods' folder problem is solved thanks to faatal.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

We can't have it in the Mods folder for installing from the Microsoft store or Game Pass, because MS does not want users changing files in the install location.

We already allow you to specify a location on the command line for data files, which you could specify in the launcher. You can then place a Mods folder there.

-UserDataFolder=x:\7DTDData

It can also be set in the serverconfig.xml file.
<property name="UserDataFolder" value="absolute path" /> <!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

11 hours ago, grendelwolf said:

The problem is:

The game still searches in the old MODS-folder too. But it seems you have other plans in the future...  

Yes, there still is a problem ahead of us. So telling TFP that you want a better solution and even reminding them from time to time IS a good idea in my opinion.

But there is no need for panic when a problem takes months or years to surface. That is a lot of time to correct that problem.

If someone shouts "EVERYONE RUN. This tree will fall any second now" and he is right you give him a medal. But if he shouts "EVERYONE RUN. This tree will fall in 5 to 12 months" and he is right you will search for signs of drug use or a psychosis.😉

By the way, these are not MY plans, I am not an employee of TFP.

And to @Beelzebubs Ghost: I don't appreciate overdramatic people, must be a problem of my mental faculties surely. It couldn't be that they are just brats with bad habits learned from the worst places of the internet, right? 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Our server since 20.4 (Not have this problem with 20.3)

We played 2 days in game, and a horde night. After horde night we had this error occur. We stopped/started the server. All progress got reset to prior horde night as far as player experience, levels, inventory, equipped gear. World day, in game storages/items/vehicles all saved state. All player data appears not to be saving properly.

We reinstalled the server again, clean install with 20.4. Game appears to work normally so far for some players. For others this error still pops up and will cause players not to be able to interact with things, and cause zombies to not see/sense you anymore. Relogging causes you to revent back in time a few minutes and lose progress again. 1 player, gets this error on login screen and cannot even get into the game. They get stuck on creating player. Other players see them logged in, location, etc...But cannot see them. Attempting to revert back to 20.3 has fixed things for all but the 1 player who still cannot log into the world. They can log in with a new profile, but their original profile is a no go. Can't keep having to restart the server and player data on stable versions like this....

2022-04-27T20:20:45 210.176 INF Created player with id=171
2022-04-27T20:20:50 215.335 ERR NCSimple_Serializer (cl=EOS_0002328efcce4f44aefee9c26b75410d, ch=0):
2022-04-27T20:20:50 215.349 EXC Memory stream is not expandable.
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity (System.Int32 value) [0x0003d] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity (System.Int32 value) [0x00061] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) [0x000b3] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at StreamUtils.StreamCopy (System.IO.Stream _source, System.IO.Stream _destination, System.Byte[] _tempBuf, System.Boolean _bFlush) [0x00029] in :0 
  at PlayerDataFile.Write (PooledBinaryWriter _bw) [0x003b3] in :0 
  at NetPackagePlayerId.write (PooledBinaryWriter _writer) [0x00020] in :0 
  at NetConnectionSimple.taskSerialize (ThreadManager+ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x004f3] in :0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
NetConnectionSimple:taskSerialize(ThreadInfo)
ThreadManager:myThreadInvoke(Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

2022-04-27T20:20:50 215.352 INF Exited thread NCS_Writer_0_0
2022-04-27T20:20:50 215.352 INF Exited thread NCS_Reader_0_0

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Yes, there still is a problem ahead of us. So telling TFP that you want a better solution and even reminding them from time to time IS a good idea in my opinion.

But there is no need for panic when a problem takes months or years to surface. That is a lot of time to correct that problem.

If someone shouts "EVERYONE RUN. This tree will fall any second now" and he is right you give him a medal. But if he shouts "EVERYONE RUN. This tree will fall in 5 to 12 months" and he is right you will search for signs of drug use or a psychosis.😉

By the way, these are not MY plans, I am not an employee of TFP.

And to @Beelzebubs Ghost: I don't appreciate overdramatic people, must be a problem of my mental faculties surely. It couldn't be that they are just brats with bad habits learned from the worst places of the internet, right? 😁

The appreciation isn't for the drama, but the point that lies behind it.

7 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

The appreciation isn't for the drama, but the point that lies behind it.

I can agree with that, but wouldn't it be much easier for everyone to see the point if it wasn't hidden behind the drama?

And isn't it misleading for those readers who don't have the background information to differentiate between what is drama and what not?

A few people were spooked by the OPs claim that modded installation would fail to work *now* because they probably had not read the Changelog themselves and were trusting his expertise.

8 hours ago, LjProdigy18 said:

We played 2 days in game, and a horde night. After horde night we had this error occur. We stopped/started the server. All progress got reset to prior horde night as far as player experience, levels, inventory, equipped gear. World day, in game storages/items/vehicles all saved state. All player data appears not to be saving properly.

We reinstalled the server again, clean install with 20.4. Game appears to work normally so far for some players. For others this error still pops up and will cause players not to be able to interact with things, and cause zombies to not see/sense you anymore. Relogging causes you to revent back in time a few minutes and lose progress again. 1 player, gets this error on login screen and cannot even get into the game. They get stuck on creating player. Other players see them logged in, location, etc...But cannot see them. Attempting to revert back to 20.3 has fixed things for all but the 1 player who still cannot log into the world. They can log in with a new profile, but their original profile is a no go. Can't keep having to restart the server and player data on stable versions like this....

2022-04-27T20:20:50 215.335 ERR NCSimple_Serializer (cl=EOS_0002328efcce4f44aefee9c26b75410d, ch=0):
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity (System.Int32 value) [0x0003d] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity (System.Int32 value) [0x00061] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) [0x000b3] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at StreamUtils.StreamCopy (System.IO.Stream _source, System.IO.Stream _destination, System.Byte[] _tempBuf, System.Boolean _bFlush) [0x00029] in :0 
  at NetConnectionSimple.taskSerialize (ThreadManager+ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x004f3] in :0 
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)

To everybody: There is a forum section to help people called "General Support" and there is a bug reporting forum if you find genuine bugs. Please use the appropriate forum section and post the WHOLE logfile via pastebin so people can help you.

5 hours ago, furion nightstalker said:

if it were not for the mods this game would have died long ago .  i think there  jealous that a bunch of modders on there free time are better then the payed people

Maybe ask one of the modders about that. They will tell you a different story

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

The few players on our server I have talked with that has logged in with the update to see the new server search has some grumblings about it. Aside from the fact that suddenly you now have to know which region the server is in. Luckily we all play in voice chat through Discord, so there was no confusion about what region. Generic public servers will have a possible problem.

1. Problem: If you clicked Join Game and want to go back to the main screen, you cannot. You have to do a New Search for a server, get to the server list screen, then you get the Back button to go back to the main screen.

Solution: Please add a Back Button on whichever screen you have right after Join Game.

2. Problem: You can't easily select whether you want to go to your favorites, history, or do a search first. You are forced directly into server search only. So if you just want to quickly join a server you played on before, you can't. You have to search for something before you can see your history or favorite list.

Solution: Can this be reverted back to the old server search screen and instead of the server search coming up automatically you press New Search and then the search screen we have now comes up? Don't auto load the servers except into Favorites and History when clicked on.

3. Problem; For those of us that connect to a LAN server, it uses the external IP to connect through the history/favorites if it is made public. So we are forced to connect via IP every time so we aren't going out to the ISP and back to connect to a server on our LAN.

Solution: Make local IPs default in Favorite/History be the one saved if there is one over external IPs.
Edited by ZamiZ
readability (see edit history)

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

I can agree with that, but wouldn't it be much easier for everyone to see the point if it wasn't hidden behind the drama?

And isn't it misleading for those readers who don't have the background information to differentiate between what is drama and what not?

A few people were spooked by the OPs claim that modded installation would fail to work *now* because they probably had not read the Changelog themselves and were trusting his expertise.

To everybody: There is a forum section to help people called "General Support" and there is a bug reporting forum if you find genuine bugs. Please use the appropriate forum section and post the WHOLE logfile via pastebin so people can help you.

Maybe ask one of the modders about that. They will tell you a different story

You don't need the background, you just need the ability to sit back and ask, what's the point here?

If you don't have the background, then ignorance isn't an excuse for knee jerking. Wait till someone else who does comes along and is able to engage.

One of my favourite quotes is from an American author, Harlan Ellison who says:

'You aren't entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.'

Look at the people downvoting my comment - no discourse, no questions, even though me and you are having a perfectly reasonable and civil discussion.

The fact some people are raging, and others are perhaps a little dramatic in regards to the way the game moves shows, at least, that they care about 7 Days enough to engage with it.

Not everyome is articulate, and it's elitist and condescending to dismiss or dislike someones opinion just because we; as I said, cannot or will not make an attempt to understand them.

I find it funny that there has been no open discussion from the developers on this though, which is sad. Unless it happened while I was sleeping, since I just woke up.

Perhaps you could address my latter point regarding file location shifts, was this actually a matter of performance enhancement?

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)

9 hours ago, furion nightstalker said:

if it were not for the mods this game would have died long ago .

Sorry. Nope, it wouldn't. 7 Days To Die is a good game to play Vanilla. Even if you don't use RWG and already in this Alpha-state. The Mod-Community does a great job modifying the gaming experience. 7 Days To Die is like Skyrim regarding this topic: You can play and enjoy it without Mods. You can play and enjoy it a little more with Mods.

By the way, I don't downvote any comment that isn't insulting. So I didn't downvote you too. Everyone has a right to his/her own opinion. And a productive discussion needs opposite opinions.

Edited by grendelwolf (see edit history)

9 hours ago, furion nightstalker said:

if it were not for the mods this game would have died long ago .  i think there  jealous that a bunch of modders on there free time are better then the payed people

Honestly - even it would be better if mods were possible to add only after  gold. Why? this would mean much more content would be in vanilia game

17 minutes ago, grendelwolf said:

Sorry. Nope, it wouldn't. 7 Days To Die is a good game to play Vanilla. Even if you don't use RWG and already in this Alpha-state. The Mod-Community does a great job modifying the gaming experience. 7 Days To Die is like Skyrim regarding this topic: You can play and enjoy it without Mods. You can play and enjoy it a little more with Mods.

By the way, I don't downvote any comment that isn't insulting. So I didn't downvote you too. Everyone has a right to his/her own opinion. And a productive discussion needs opposite opinions.

We are often argue here so that's normal here - you know : LBD , zombie kids, long term of production etc

Zombie Kids in 7 Days To Die? Why? Do you want to manage a preschool in Navezgane? YMCA vacation in the burnt forest? Screamers with baby buggies? 😉

If you want Zombie kids, please answer this question first: do male Zombies still have living sperm cells and can female Zombies get pregnant? 🤔

Anyways, I don't want to see how Zombies get pregnant in this game. *urgh*

I reckon that you mean Zombies of infected kids. I remember that there was some outrage in the media because there are baby zombies in Dying Light (they are called Screamers too). To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Kids in horror games - ok.  Infected kids in Zombie games? I don't know... 

On the other hand, rescuing Kids in a Zombie game (for example bringing them to a helipad) could be an interesting quest, but I don't see such thing working good in 7 Days To Die. 

2 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Perhaps you could address my latter point regarding file location shifts, was this actually a matter of performance enhancement?

Maybe if you'd go read the 2 other places the reason has been posted, instead of expecting someone to bring it to you, you would know. Faatal gave the reason the the Dev Diary.

17 hours ago, LjProdigy18 said:

Please report this in the bug forum.

https://community.7daystodie.com/announcement/11-before-you-report-a-bug/

6 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

You don't need the background, you just need the ability to sit back and ask, what's the point here?

If you don't have the background, then ignorance isn't an excuse for knee jerking. Wait till someone else who does comes along and is able to engage.

One of my favourite quotes is from an American author, Harlan Ellison who says:

'You aren't entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.'

Look at the people downvoting my comment - no discourse, no questions, even though me and you are having a perfectly reasonable and civil discussion.

The fact some people are raging, and others are perhaps a little dramatic in regards to the way the game moves shows, at least, that they care about 7 Days enough to engage with it.

Not everyome is articulate, and it's elitist and condescending to dismiss or dislike someones opinion just because we; as I said, cannot or will not make an attempt to understand them.

I find it funny that there has been no open discussion from the developers on this though, which is sad. Unless it happened while I was sleeping, since I just woke up.

I addressed this earlier, but I can go into more details as it may have been overlooked or not understood.  You may or may not have noticed that this patch has opened up different platforms that 7 Days To Die is available on.  Because these different platforms have different rules, or different ways of communicating, The Fun Pimps had to accommodate this progress by changing things.  Before Steam, 7 Days To Die only had to communicate with the master server.  During Alpha 5, a lot of networking changes had to accommodate Steam as a platform, and opened up Steam Integration, achievements as well.  More Recently, in Alpha 19 & Alpha 20, Twitch support has been added, EOS networking, and EOS-EAC support has been added as well.  This has opened up the Microsoft Store & XBL Gamepass.  As far as other future platform support, the recent twitter posts allude to more work happening in the future that will also require changes through progress in development.  What does this mean? This means that we can't browse all the 7 days to die servers at once.  We have to put them into categories.  This also means that some file folders are not allowed to have custom content.  This means the the voice chat system no longer works in proximity, it has to work with your party members. 

When I read about how "TFP is against mods because they moved the folder" I can't believe how far from the truth it is.  When I see TFP moved the mod folder, I know they weren't allowed to have mods somewhere... so they found a place they were allowed and made it work.  All of these concerns are worth discussing, and communicating.  There are alot of opinions that are expressed not based on anything but assumptions, and in those cases I can't say anything other than that.  

In regards to communication, it's subjective whether you are aware of the context or not.  However, when communicating with others to gain or convey information, it's ultimately your choice on how any of that information is presented or conveyed.  I don't see any elitist or condescending attitudes when people address toxic behaviors.  There simply isn't an excuse for toxic behaviors for any reason.  While you can defend an over dramatic comment making mountains out of molehills, there is a gaslighting comment added with questions of intelligence with the people that call this out. I don't think anyone of any intelligence level should be talked to rudely.  Gaslighting isn't excusable anywhere.  I have also been observing people responding in an attempt to deescalate the frustration that can often accompany change.  I see many different people trying different approaches based on how they learned to de-escalate these situations.  I don't expect anyone here to be a negotiations expert, but I have appreciated when I have found myself heated from frustration... for someone to make light of it sometimes.  

I think its safe to say that we are all part of the same community that enjoys the work of both The Fun Pimps, and appreciates the labours of love the modding community puts in as well.  For those that have been around to experience the growth of this community, the developers do go through these forums.  They interact and listen to the feedback.  They address issues as they come up, as long as everyone can play on the same team, and have been responsible for 1000's of hours of entertainment for many of us.

Being articulate is different than being vulgar, insulting, and trollish. There are many international users who use these forums with broken and translated English and so they aren't very articulate and people look past that and focus on what they are trying to say and that is admirable. We have a forum rule that people are not to be insulting against people for their grammatical and spelling errors.

It is a nice sentiment that we all could just disregard poor behavior and only focus on the point but it isn't the reality which is why we have forum rules. There are probably legitimate times when someone could emphasize their point with a reference to politics or religion but we can't allow that because the ensuing flamewar would be all about the religious/political statement. It's just the way things are.

So the responsibility is mostly on the author to choose what is going to be the focus of their post. If they want their point to be the focus then they should leave everything else at the door and stick to their point. If they want to express their emotion and suspicions and wild speculations then it is practically guaranteed that whatever point lies behind the colorful language will be lost in the noise. You can call that a sad report on human nature but sad or not it is the reality and given the anonymity of the internet it is likely never to change.

So who bears the most responsibility for a conversation getting sidelined from the point to the tone? Well... only one person writes the post and perhaps 100 people will read it. If 90 of them are triggered by the overly dramatic language we could do as you suggest and lecture those 90 people to change their ways and ignore the fluff and be better readers and just let the @%$# aspect of the post slide off of them OR we can expect the one person to change the way they deliver their message and then none of the hundreds of readers have to overcome anything to focus on the point. It seems clear to me that while all share in the responsibility of having a civil discussion, the main responsibility lies with the author.

That's why forum rules focus on what people write and not how people read. You can get banned for what you write regardless of how cool your underlying point is while you can't get banned for reading something and feeling annoyed by it and then posting your disappointment about it (as long as what you write doesn't also violate the rules)

No. It isn't condescending to disagree with someone about their behavior in how they post. We ask people not to do it but that they should just report it so we can give infractions or hide such posts because of the arguing we know will ensue. But if someone posts their point and it is full of angry insults aimed at the devs or other users, we do not have to just let that stay and try and understand their underlying point. They forfeited the right to make a point here on the forum when they broke the rules. Maybe they should take a few moments before posting if they want their message to remain in view.

Again, you say "not articulate" but in your descriptions you are talking about people who actually are being articulate in a boorish and uncivil manner that purposely trolls the reader with their hyperbole and insulting language. Some of these authors are actually quite savvy about what they can write to get under the skin of any who disagree with their opinion. I think they choose their words carefully and are definitely articulate enough to choose milder words if they wanted.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

5 hours ago, grendelwolf said:

Zombie Kids in 7 Days To Die? Why? Do you want to manage a preschool in Navezgane? YMCA vacation in the burnt forest? Screamers with baby buggies? 😉

If you want Zombie kids, please answer this question first: do male Zombies still have living sperm cells and can female Zombies get pregnant? 🤔

Anyways, I don't want to see how Zombies get pregnant in this game. *urgh*

I reckon that you mean Zombies of infected kids. I remember that there was some outrage in the media because there are baby zombies in Dying Light (they are called Screamers too). To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Kids in horror games - ok.  Infected kids in Zombie games? I don't know... 

On the other hand, rescuing Kids in a Zombie game (for example bringing them to a helipad) could be an interesting quest, but I don't see such thing working good in 7 Days To Die. 

Kid mean 14 yo not infant XD - No more room in hell, walking dead and days gone have zombie kids. Well.... as joke i can say thet in Dead space there is pregnat "zombie' enemy. 

there is 4 types of zombie games

1. fantasy game - skyrim

2. Zombie in modern period but it dark comedy - painkiller , dead rising 4

3. we are serious but magic - cod, NZA

4. we are serious - No more room in hell, contagion , re etc

So : Depending on zombie orgin we can put here - virus natural, human made virus , funge and magic 

7DTD is human made virus and we are serious.

So we look on human  made virus and serious catergory

So what suit here? 

1. typical zombies- i don't have to explain right? + variants + rotten one, poison , weak etc

2. untypical zombies - well zombies which have something unique -  police armor, hazmat, , helmet, bomb , gun, melee weapon etc

3. strong ones - normal zombie but because some people were stronger before infection - 7dtd biker, dead island thug

4.  zombie kids -  14 - 16 yo usually weaker but faster in most games

5. mutants 

5.1 big ones-  L4D2 tank, re el gigante, DL mutant

5.2 we were humans ones aka zombie that can behave like human - sniper, elite and officer in NZA , zombie in stalker, cop in they hunger

5.3 passive aggresive - they are not harmless most of time - l4d2 witch

5.4 grapper - l4d2 hunter, B4B hag ,

5.5 range 

5.6 exploding ones

5.6 summoner - screamer or l4d2 boomer

5.7 tought one mutant - nemesis in re 2 orginal , red heads, wight in old 7dtd

5.8 jumping ones - spider, this strange ninja  zombie type from mg survival

5.6 mixes

6 Animals

So we have 1 , 2 ( soldier but it could be more  ) , 3 right , 5.5 5.6 5.6 ,5.8, 6?   

Mutants -   5.1 5.2 5.4 - are not possible 

So left  zombie kid, passive aggresive  and mixes

passive aggresive - i don't know how to make to make this without making it similiar to witch. why? because similiar concept are usually grapper ones like B4B wall zombie

Mixes- are possible but... we have exploding/ range as cop.  it could be added infesting/rangeor exploding variant too.

So zombie kids similiar to no more room rome is one of the few options left

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

There are probably legitimate times when someone could emphasize their point with a reference to politics or religion but we can't allow that because the ensuing flamewar would be all about the religious/political statement. It's just the way things are.

i have a question about that because we will get bandits factions right? but by "bandit" factions you can put every thing - ex miliatary , ex governament man, psychos etc right?

In some zombie games/movies/comics we have religion cults - days gone rippers, Re "priest clone" ,  re  las plagas cult etc.  so this still count as "religious statement" or not?

24 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

i have a question about that because we will get bandits factions right? but by "bandit" factions you can put every thing - ex miliatary , ex governament man, psychos etc right?

In some zombie games/movies/comics we have religion cults - days gone rippers, Re "priest clone" ,  re  las plagas cult etc.  so this still count as "religious statement" or not?

Whether the game has religious or political characters or locations is different than bringing up political or religious opinions and beliefs in the forum. 

You can talk about the churches in the game as POIs and maybe even comment about inconsistencies you may notice based on your own experiences going to church. If there was a priest zombie character and you wanted to discuss how authentic his clothing was etc. that would be allowed. But you can't post opinions or beliefs about one religion or another as a topic of conversation.

Roland: I like the Church with the graveyard around it!

Matt: Typical ----tist!!!

My comment is fine but the pretend comment of yours that is tweaking the nose of whatever religion that would be is not. Someone would be offended and then the religious war would begin. Same with politics. People sometimes like to use "like a liberal" or "like a conservative" to represent something they disliked and then we would all of a sudden have angry posts of people defending their political beliefs.

Ha...ha.... there was a guy a few years back who posted A LOT on the dev diary and he was always bringing up political references to garnish his points and setting everyone off. He got banned a few times before he was finally gone. Can't remember his handle but man he was hardcore into politics for sure.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

Whether the game has religious or political characters or locations is different than bringing up political or religious opinions and beliefs in the forum. 

You can talk about the churches in the game as POIs and maybe even comment about inconsistencies you may notice based on your own experiences going to church. But you can't post opinions or beliefs about one religion or another as a topic of conversation.

Roland: I like the Church with the graveyard around it!

Matt: Typical ----tist!!!

My comment is fine but the pretend comment of yours that is tweaking the nose of whatever religion that would be is not. Someone would be offended and then the religious war would begin. Same with politics. People liked to use "like a liberal" or "like a conservative" to represent either something they disliked and then we would all of a sudden have angry posts of people defending their political beliefs.

Ha...ha.... there was a guy a few years back who posted A LOT on the dev diary and he was always bringing up political references to garnish his points and setting everyone off. He got banned a few times before he was finally gone. Can't remember his handle but man he was hardcore into politics for sure.

Well i see.  Well characters can be more problematic that locations - in dead rising we have a lot os steretypical psycho - "hunter" family , prisoners, ex vietnam soldier, clown. But there is group of redneck too and they a lot about politics.  Redneck group could suit into 7dtd perfectly because well navezgane is more country state right?  but this would be very... let say ... fragible topic 😅

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

4.  zombie kids -  14 - 16 yo usually weaker but faster in most games

Then you mean Teen Zombies (or Zombie Teens). Ok this would work for me too. Aren't 16 year old girls some type of zombies anyway (when they walk around totally apathic and can't stop staring on their smartphones)? 🙂

I can't remember the story behind the Dead Space babies. They are some type of cloned mutants?

56 minutes ago, grendelwolf said:

Then you mean Teen Zombies (or Zombie Teens). Ok this would work for me too. Aren't 16 year old girls some type of zombies anyway (when they walk around totally apathic and can't stop staring on their smartphones)? 🙂

I can't remember the story behind the Dead Space babies. They are some type of cloned mutants?

teen zombie can be good = i use kids zombie because it it shorter that children. In DS you have - zombie explosive infants and zombie teenagers attacking in packs

• Roland unpinned and locked this topic