Is it foreseeable when there will be a final stable version?

[BR]-KuJo

I have played 7DtD a few years ago very intensively together with a few clan mates. But after the 5th or 6th alpha update with a complete savegame wipe I didn't want to play anymore. Starting over and over again, despite the new features, was no longer fun.

In the meantime almost 10 more alpha updates have been added. Everything looks very interesting and I would also like to take a look again. However, then rather, when there is the final stable release.

So my question: Is it foreseeable when there will be a final stable version?

14 minutes ago, [BR]-KuJo said:

I have played 7DtD a few years ago very intensively together with a few clan mates. But after the 5th or 6th alpha update with a complete savegame wipe I didn't want to play anymore. Starting over and over again, despite the new features, was no longer fun.

In the meantime almost 10 more alpha updates have been added. Everything looks very interesting and I would also like to take a look again. However, then rather, when there is the final stable release.

Maybe after 2 or 3 more years. Well it will story update after gold so this update can "broke" saves too

21 hours ago, [BR]-KuJo said:

Not really, no. Follow the dev diary to see how game development is progressing.

As for frequent game wipes, me and my co-op partner tend to just stick with a point release for a while, only starting a new world if a really compelling new bit of content is released. We played 19.3 for probably 6 or 8 months, never installing the later releases and only starting over when A20 came out. If you can live without each and every small update, pick a release you like and play it for several months.

Yeah, with how long there is in between major updates, which are usually the only ones that absolutely need a new game, it really isn't that bad. If you started a game early into a20 and a21 coming out and needing a new game is upsetting to you, then that's crazy. Lol. I play longer games, but that's just too long. I guess earlier alphas did come out a bit quicker, but at least since a15 when I got the game it's been almost a year minimum. That's plenty of time to play several long term runs.

I have the most fun playing an entirely new game where I don't have anything starting out and I don't know where anything is. I have a lot of random gen worlds and when I have learned where everything is in one and forgotten where everything is in the other, I move to that. Lol.  

I doubt if I'll be any different when the game goes gold

No. there is a plethora of things they need to add and fix and then fix again like: Bandits, bosses who aren't just meat shields, revamped cooking and gardening system to name a few. The realism of this game just seems to fade more andore. You used to increase your skills by WORKING on your skills. it feels like the fun pimps got replaced with the dev team that got rid of the weapon skill leveling in wow and then you know....didn't listen to the community at all and wondered why the game was dying. This game was closer to being realistic in a12.

5 hours ago, SURVIVE said:

No. there is a plethora of things they need to add and fix and then fix again like: Bandits, bosses who aren't just meat shields, revamped cooking and gardening system to name a few. The realism of this game just seems to fade more andore. You used to increase your skills by WORKING on your skills. it feels like the fun pimps got replaced with the dev team that got rid of the weapon skill leveling in wow and then you know....didn't listen to the community at all and wondered why the game was dying. This game was closer to being realistic in a12. doubt the devs will live long enough to finish this.

Gotta love people who go on rants that have nothing to do with the OP's question.

And whether you agree with changes made or not, the game isn't dying. It's actually still breaking its own peak numbers.

On 4/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, SURVIVE said:

No. there is a plethora of things they need to add and fix and then fix again like: Bandits, bosses who aren't just meat shields, revamped cooking and gardening system to name a few. The realism of this game just seems to fade more andore. You used to increase your skills by WORKING on your skills. it feels like the fun pimps got replaced with the dev team that got rid of the weapon skill leveling in wow and then you know....didn't listen to the community at all and wondered why the game was dying. This game was closer to being realistic in a12.

Well, no sign of dying with 7DTD. In fact player numbers have gone up to new height when A20 was relased. Now we are back at around 20K average. I wouldn´t say having a stable playerbase is a sign of the game dying.

The revamp of cooking and gardening is wishfull thinking. I pretty sure they won´t touch that again besides maybe a bit of balancing in farming. I hope not though, you guys that cry that farming is so unfair now, are just too lazy to put minimum effort into it and/or not willing to spent a few points into a perk. If you can´t afford to level Living of the land, you need to turn down your difficulty.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well, no sign of dying with 7DTD.

Not true. Saw someone die on horde night just yesterday. 😁

On 4/3/2022 at 2:08 AM, [BR]-KuJo said:

The consensus among forum users is probably 2 years.

But if you want to play, just do it and stick to a fixed version, steam allows you to select the exact version you want to play in Properties->Betas. Right now you could select "Alpha20.3" and play that version for years (you might have to change to Alpha20.4 or 5 at one time, but that usually will not need a world restart). It will likely be available even after the game has released.

Ignorance at its best. The game sees its community of players growing with each major updates but apparently, this means the game's "dying".

Well... this is 7 Days to Die.  If they don't release in 7 days then the game will die.  Problem is that nobody bothered to clarify the significant digits to the left of that 7.  They're there, obviously, but the fine print is a real @%$# to read.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:08 PM, [BR]-KuJo said:

Probably end of 2023 if I were to guess. I'm thinking A21 will be out sometime this year and then A22 by summer of next year with a final few months to polish and release their final version and leave Early Access. That isn't anything official and delays can certainly happen but they really are almost finished with everything that needs to be added for the base vanilla version of the game to be ready.

That being said, you could turn off automatic updates for this game in Steam and then just stay on this current version for a year or two before starting over one last time for the final version if you are itching to play. I think a year or two on one save is plenty to really explore and do everything and by then you might be ready to start over one last time.

For me, I will probably start over another 100 times after the game is in its final version just to try different settings and challenges and mods. I like starting over and playing through the beginning of the game a lot more than you seem to, though. :)

7dtd is more alive that even cod vanguard and bf 2042 (i'm not joking). I thinking nobody here it thinking that 7dtd is dying - well have very alive comunity. So this game will be more alive that conan or rust after next 10 year.  i'm complaining a lot of about diffrent stuff but honestly this game is so long "work in progress" but have 20k on steam playing in this same.  I agree with Roland about end of 2023. TFP is trying to finish 7dtd as fast as possible - just more poi, bandits , water and armor. Nothing crazy. so don't so big changes. Just more content and then few month of fixing and..... it will be done :) so next year will be last. 

3 hours ago, asmosnuts said:

"In the year 2525" according to Zager and Evans and they look like two reliable types!

You are so wrong - in 2513 Zestech Union will turn off internet.

1 hour ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

It's foreseeable when it's foreseeable.

Nah, that doesn't have the same charm as "it's done when it's done".

Nah there nothing like "it's done" because.... fixes are eternal! 

Archived