Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

16 minutes ago, Sir Negan said:

Would actually love to see a UI update maybe? Something that looks a bit more fresh and what not. Menu's, text style etc. all looks straight out of 2010 or something, I feel it could be a bit cleaner maybe ? Might be just me.. however, would love to see a reply with thoughts on the matter :)

Besides that, great updates for A21! Looking forward to it.

I believe they've said they do have someone working on a new UI but not for A21

2 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Hope the DEV's can fix this issue. In the editor I created a Ore rail car and filled it with Coal, but when I play it on a single player map there is no Coal only the ground terrain below the Gravel.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2023.03.13 - 17.07.32.62.jpg

That's the "benefit" of microsplat.  Utter garbage.

...put non terrain blocks on the bottom, it may help. 

On 3/12/2023 at 2:30 PM, DanLW said:

They made the mistake of releasing on Friday.  This is why TFP alphas are generally released on Monday so that unexpected game breaking bugs can be worked during the work week.

(Star Citizen is currently experiencing massive.outages)

7 days will go gold long before Star Citizen or Squadron 42.

True, but so will the planet-wide cold fusion energy grid.

13 hours ago, Sir Negan said:

Would actually love to see a UI update maybe? Something that looks a bit more fresh and what not. Menu's, text style etc. all looks straight out of 2010 or something, I feel it could be a bit cleaner maybe ? Might be just me.. however, would love to see a reply with thoughts on the matter :)

Besides that, great updates for A21! Looking forward to it.

I agree about the interface. The black outline around every UI element is not enough for me. especially the compass. because it is light in itself, but is lost in bright areas) you have to turn your head to see what's there)

5 hours ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Microsplat is one of the best tools for landscapes in Unity. This has nothing to do with microsplat...

How the terrain below bleeds into the terrain above and how it makes different blocks all look the same?

It is absolutely microsplat.

Disable it in code to test.  

12 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

How the terrain below bleeds into the terrain above and how it makes different blocks all look the same?

It is absolutely microsplat.

Disable it in code to test.  

Where can I do that? DNSpy or console?

EDIT: It would make more sense if the ore was 2 voxels wide (blending issue) but this actually blends over 4 blocks. And since Microsplat does only take over the rendering of textures on a surface (per vertex, or voxel for better understanding), I am inclined to believe that this is caused by the automation of the surface aligning to biome type, therefore landscape generation issue rather than mircosplat issue. I used Microsplat myself several times and it is very scalable, very greatly optimized tool for rendering many different surfaces just by one material. But feel free to prove me wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cr0wst0rm (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

None of these issues exist when it's disabled.  That's a fact.  Nothing to prove. 

Try it out yourself, because I'm confident in my stance. 

Well I asked how can I disable it. I would love to debug it myself :D

3 hours ago, DuHast_Play said:

Well, don’t be so abrupt ... otherwise they will believe, some kind of petition will go ... otherwise they threw the idea ...

Actually, that was something we used to say here in the past, when development of a new alpha took too long and we got impatient asking every day. ;)

On 3/10/2023 at 7:07 AM, Aldranon said:

Please add: Zombie Airship Pilots.

Wearing old World War 1 goggles.

Maybe holding an exotic German pistol.  (But that's not required).

This will be the teaser that prepares players for Hindenburg sized Zeplins of course.

I'm here to help.

Zombie Army Trilogy already stole all the World War 1 zombies.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:39 PM, Roland said:

Excuse me for telling you, but I don't think your translator caught my meaning. There is a difference between "no game quite like" and "no game like". Sure, there are tons of survival games out there and lots of voxel building games and lots of zombie shooters and lots of tower defense. But there are no games that combine all the elements in the way that 7 days to die has. There are very few open world first person shooters that focus first on single player and cooperative play leaving PVP multiplayer as the afterthought. Usually it is the other way around because of the huge potential for greater cash. Although there are lots of games that have similarities to 7 Days to Die, it is still a pretty unique experience which is why people who play lots of other survival, zombie, shooter, tower defense type games, they keep coming back to 7 Days to Die.

It is in early access. That's a fact. The official banner on the store page is a good clue. The list of future features that still need to be added is another. The length of time has nothing to do with whether a game is in early access or not. It all has to do with whether the 1.0 version has been released or not and the developers inform Steam to remove the Early Access status. You're welcome to your opinion but facts are facts.

You purchased a game that is still in development. The game is also CPU bound meaning that your RTX 3000 series card is not going to offer much more power than a 2000 series card. They are always working on optimizations which says a lot about their dedication. If you don't want to play a game that is still in process of being worked on then simply shelve it until it is done. There are plenty of games to play that your video card will do justice.

I understand you aren't trying to insult them. Thanks! I do think you are wrong about how much time it should take. I don't think you really know how much time it should take. You play video games. They make video games. They have to pay for the development and they seem to be okay with the pace at which they are going and I can attest that they are very busy day in and day out. Nobody is slacking. This game is their foundation upon which they have future projects planned. Thanks to the time and experimentation and work they've put into this game and the systems they've developed, their future projects should develop much faster. So this first game is taking them a long time. Nobody denies that. But they've allowed people to play it during the past nine years. So it hasn't been pure waiting while only looking at screenshots and models and reading about it without being able to play. 

How much Starfield have you been playing? Will you be playing an unfinished version of Starfield from now until November?

I agree I found no game like 7 Days to Die. Recently I found a game being developed that might be a contender for 7 Days to Die, (not voxel though): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1963370/No_One_Survived/

55 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Actually, that was something we used to say here in the past, when development of a new alpha took too long and we got impatient asking every day. ;)

I understand you) I'm new to the forum) But it's cozy here, if you do not take into account some toxic personalities. It's like in a hostel where a nasty person lives in one room. Everyone is friends with everyone, but he likes to bend his own line and swear with everyone. You closed the window in the downpour, and he came and opened it, because of which the table and floor were flooded in the kitchen. This is so, for the general impression I just added)

On 3/12/2023 at 11:25 PM, DuHast_Play said:

I don’t agree. What is a cooperative game, what is PVP ... everything goes equally well (if the ping is adequate)).

Competition is the difference. When you play a game competitively vs other players it is much more important to have a level playing field and to make sure the conditions are fair to all competitors. The game can’t provide that condition for PVP. 

I play this game cooperatively with my Mom (she’s 76) and when we do, she hosts. We do it this way so that her experience is the smoothest. I’m willing to put up with the hit that comes from being the client on a person to person connection rather than a dedicated server because we aren’t competing against each other. It doesn’t matter that she’s going to have a perfect connection and mine is going to be less than perfect. It’s good enough for cooperative play but it wouldn’t be for competitive. 

1 hour ago, Annihilatorza said:

Would you be able to do all of us a small favour and give a comparison screenshot of before and after of the update of POI's.

Why are you even asking? You know he signed an NDA.

He can't show content unless TFP themselves authorize him.

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

my anvil has it all the way on the end. 

Why TF have you got an anvil?? :suspicious:

Do you shoe horses? :confused2:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

How would I know who has signed what, sorry if I don't know exactly who has signed what documents and the exacting personal lives of every single person involved with the tfp. 🙄

I thought he worked for tfp and as an employee.

Edited by Annihilatorza (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I make weapons, and armor funny enough games like 7DTD and Ark inspired me.

my first forge i made was like 7DTDs but made from concrete rocks.... Thats how you make a bomb in your backyard (concrete explodes/pops in high heat)
i also used a cast ior frying pan as my anvil....... and a Blowing ball 

im working on making the iron armor set but i need to make new tools

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)