Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

10 hours ago, meganoth said:

According to an anonymous source one still undisclosed feature will be new safety measures for workstations. You will be required to wear safety gloves and a helmet when you work at one, and there will be a panic switch and protective covers on dangerous elements. Workplace safety has a high priority at TFP obviously

That is true for A21 but then in A22 it will be streamlined and abstracted to a simple “safety meter” and the physical panic switches, protective covers, and protective gear will be removed. Those who felt that the safety gameplay (being a fundamental part of the game) is now trashed will make comments which will fuel the next Hitler video.

It’s all good. 

4 hours ago, beerfly said:

Another good reason to keep them away from our bases, while building. 

Would actually building, create some sort of heat map and provoke the bandits spawn.

I know some of you guys, who find building ingame awesome and great could find it anoying, but .. sort of why not, as we are in their territory, invading? 

“Hey Bill, did you hear a screamer?”

”Maybe…” *looks outside of base* ”Nooooo!!!!!!”

”Is it a screamer horde coming to beat down our base!?!?”

”Worse!  It’s the OSHA inspector! If they get inside we’ll never get this place done in time for the blood moon!!!”

19 hours ago, Roland said:

I don't know if they will blow minds or not but there are few things that haven't been mentioned that I know of that are coming in the update. There are some surprises in store to be sure.

-A Motorboat has not been mentioned!

Of course, it's needed to travel to the other islands!

-A Radio has not been mentioned.

This is to listen in on Bandit plans!

-AIRSHIPS HAVE been mentioned, but maybe you didn't notice.

Launch your trained commando bears from ziplines and watch as they smite and bash those evil Bandits!!

7 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Как новый зомби по имени Роланд, который все время пытается подобрать мины с помощью гаечного ключа? 😉

it would be interesting if they added a zombie spitting some kind of sticky goo. So that it does not cause damage, but significantly slows down. But about zombies with a wrench also sounds interesting) and it seems to me that zombie clowns are needed ...

20 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

- Моторная лодка не упоминалась!

Конечно, это необходимо для путешествия на другие острова!

-Радио не упоминалось.

Это чтобы подслушать планы Бандитов!

- ДИРИЖАБАЛЫ упоминались, но, может быть, вы не заметили.

Запускайте своих обученных медведей-коммандос с зиплайнов и наблюдайте, как они бьют и бьют этих злых бандитов!

The airship seems like overkill to me. Here I would like to see more functioning transport and an adequate helicopter in the game.

13 minutes ago, DuHast_Play said:

it would be interesting if they added a zombie spitting some kind of sticky goo. So that it does not cause damage, but significantly slows down. But about zombies with a wrench also sounds interesting) and it seems to me that zombie clowns are needed ...

The airship seems like overkill to me. Here I would like to see more functioning transport and an adequate helicopter in the game.

I like your ideas.

With the Airship, it's just a joke really.  They already tried making an Airship, but like the behemoth, the game engine didn't work well with large objects.  Maybe someday it will.

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

With the Airship, it's just a joke really.  They already tried making an Airship, but like the behemoth, the game engine didn't work well with large objects.  Maybe someday it will.

You mean the Joke Blimp? It was just a test vehicle to test the flight mechanics.

Can we please have added options in the base game to adjust wandering/roaming hordes? Size/Frequency. I know there are some mods/modlets out there that do this, however a lot of people also do not like to run mods. (especially on the server I run). I have seen many forum posts and comments on reddit looking for this option and some attempts at xml editing to do this. However, it is a giant pita and not a lot of information out there on how to do it.

It would be great to be able to see a couple slider options like we now have for the blood moon settings. This would then allow us to be able to set up worlds with Blood Moon disabled, but with high zombie count wandering hordes that frequently visit instead. (Another commonly requested feature).

23 hours ago, Gamida said:

I know a couple of things that could be added that are out there as mods now that I would really appreciate.

1.) The campfire/forge turning off when things are finished cooking/smelting.

2.) Being able to lock specific slots as I like certain things in certain spot in my inv and them not moving when batch moving stuff or sorting.

I like the idea that a lit campfire or forge just keeps burning until out of fuel(like in real life)  Otherwise you would just fill it up once with a ton of fuel and never worry about it again. We need more things to keep track of and do not less imo.

1 hour ago, JayzenFreeze said:

For the love of god how much longer is this gonna take??!?

After madmole announced naked cowboys for a future alpha, and photoshopped his twitter avatar into some Goldilocks Clint Eastwood hybrid,

I got the feeling that there might be other priorities than getting A21 done. 

Still dunno whether to take that serious or not.

24 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

After madmole announced naked cowboys for a future alpha, and photoshopped his twitter avatar into some Goldilocks Clint Eastwood hybrid,

I got the feeling that there might be other priorities than getting A21 done. 

Still dunno whether to take that serious or not.

New A21 clothing.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Yeah, it was pretty... crappy.

I did some research on that and found that Pee-pee and poo-poo are great for plants.  Pee from one person can restore about 70% of what that same person eats from the ground.  Poo-poo on the other hand (NO, don't pick it up!  Drop it!) is a bit dangerous and maybe is what is done to/for a "Fallow field" (something they did back in the old days). 

So 7D2D was actually an educational piece of software!

13 hours ago, Roland said:

ха-ха... шутки в сторону, это реальная вещь в A21.

Are you saying that in Alpha 21 there will be a zombie that can not only set fire to our asses, but blow it up in the literal sense?

Is there any information. did Joel start a new game? I just recently appeared on the forum. and while I read all 183 pages, the alpha may come out already)