Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

On 9/23/2023 at 2:02 PM, Gamida said:

Did you try any of these threats...?

A. Knuckle rubs.

2. Take away their water bottles.

C. Have Snowdog subsitute teach for a day.

Math class is so easy to teach.

35 + 34 = 69

1 + 68 = 69

5 + 64 = 69

69 * 2 / 2 = 69

what is 6.9?  A 69 interrupted by a period.

My students would love me!! 

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

I haven't played this game since July.  Tried the Navezgane map. Glad that you brought the music back. :)

I did not expect to be dropped so far away from a trader. Took longer than I expected. 

Also looks like things have been changed up since I played. More cooking options gated. 

The shadows don't look as dark which is a nice improvement. 

I did notice a problem at night. Seemed there is a lot of flashing at night. Not sure if that's a bug. Has anyone else noticed this? 

7 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

so I have a question about chunk reset..I have the setting on and I put a landclaim block down by my hordebase and thought I had activated it and my hordebase was protected, but I come  back there 10 days or so later and my hordebase is entirely gone and the chunk has reset. 

I thought you could have up to three active land claims blocks so why did this chunk reset?

If you make a new game and place down 3 LCBs, do they all show up active or are 2 broken?

There was a bug with LCBs where some people would have to hit the "Defaults" button on the new game screen (don't have to actually create the game, just hitting the button will do) and it would change the LCB setting from 1 to 3. And if you go back into your other save game it *should* let you have more than 1 active LCB

15 hours ago, sillls said:

I haven't played this game since July.  Tried the Navezgane map. Glad that you brought the music back. :)

I did not expect to be dropped so far away from a trader. Took longer than I expected. 

Also looks like things have been changed up since I played. More cooking options gated. 

The shadows don't look as dark which is a nice improvement. 

I did notice a problem at night. Seemed there is a lot of flashing at night. Not sure if that's a bug. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Lighting is definitely bad in A21.  It seems to have improved some since the first A21 experimental but it is still bad.  Move between certain biomes and the flash is very noticeable, especially if you go back and forth between them if the edge isn't straight.  It used to have a "fade" of weather and lighting between biomes but now it is all instantaneous.  In dark rooms, lighting is really bad.  You can take one step and watch the light go from almost pitch black to very easy to see or vice versa.  And lighting seems to be reverse of what it should be.  You don't see worse if you stand in a shadow in real life.  And you don't see perfectly into a dark corner if you stand in a shaft of light in real life.  The dark corner remains dark and any lighted area will be clearly visible even if you are in that dark corner.  You can get used to the lighting but I would love to see them improve it.

The biome lighting has always been like that. A darker blue for snow, yellowish for desert, grey for wasteland 

But some of the lighting in doors without windows can be a bit jarring but honestly it's better then how it uses too be. Anything is. 

Plus I'd you have a crappy pc you don't notice lighting anyways! 

WHERE BE THE ALPHA 22 NEWS! ima thirstier then him on lady's night 

Alpha 22 Dev Diary and overlord armor ;)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

They're hoping we will count A22 development from the day they start the A22 dev diary so they can come in under a year... ;)

I suggest waiting to start the A22 Dev Diary until after A22 is released so that you come away with a negative number.

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

Yup! Just gotta wait for them to finish I guess 

But we are loyal disciples of the cult! And speaking of.  Where is the Alpha Dev Diary and overlord armor  ;)

Have you ever considered a position as "News Guy" @TFP

I think you'd do one heck of a job! :nod:

52 minutes ago, Roland said:

They're working on a pop-up message that will remind you periodically to remove any empty cups or mugs you might have on your desk near your monitor because they don't want empty containers in the game or near the game.

And if a one doesn`t follow the instructions a horde of screamers spawns up. Love it :)

*frantically filling my mug*