Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

7 hours ago, WarWren said:

When people make the statement "7 days to Die has problems" they should rather say I have problems with 7 days to die. And those problems are THEIR problems because others don't necessarily feel the same. 

This is not always true. There are things that can be described as a problem that have nothing to do with a personal opinion. For example, bugs.

You always have to put it in context.

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

Acid Rain!

Wait ! A buff that adds some sort of health degradation during rain (temporary), to make us go inside a POI or under a roof, but full of zeds/bandits, while full of loot and crap. This is excellent idea, mate. 

Also, just when a one feels save at a situation described above, a short "quack" sound from near our feet goes out. For pure cold sweat and panic.  

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Wait ! A buff that adds some sort of health degradation during rain (temporary), to make us go inside a POI or under a roof, but full of zeds/bandits, while full of loot and crap. This is excellent idea, mate.

This might be a bit difficult to implement with the current weather system. Currently you can't tell if it's raining in the game or if the sun is shining. You can only determine if the character is wet or dry.

I also wrote about the rains in one of my ideas. and it would be great if it rained not over the entire biome, but over a part or several parts of the biome. Indeed, in reality, rain can pass over part of the city, for example. and for acid or radioactive rain to harm the player, I agree. And I think on 4x4 you need either a mod that adds a roof, or the cabin needs to be reworked. and then the gyroplane will also need a mod that will protect the player from such rain.

14 hours ago, Ouch Quit It said:

So why cant airports be built like city blocks and use 2 or 3 or more tiles having runways. But I think just small rural/suburban airports would fill the gap nicely....cessna size....

I agree that a small rural, regional airport would be the most appropriate for Navezgane. I looked into making one. I figure I need around 450 blocks of runway for me to be happy with it. Here are the complications that keep me from undertaking this project:

(1) We can't control the placement of multiple tiles in relationship to each other. This rules out making an airport settlement or putting an airport into an existing settlement.

(2) The maximum size of a Wilderness POI is, in my opinion, undefined. We know there are bugs with really big POIs and potentially performance issues. I suspect I could get around performance issues with a rural airport, but not the bugs. I'd love to see TFP come out and state a maximum size for a wilderness POI, or even hear if the design team has a self-imposed size limit. At present, it seems safe to stay within the size of Tiles (150x150).

(3) I don't have any airplane blocks. I can work around this by making "blocky" stuff. The community is generally cool with this, but I mentally get hung up with issues of scale. Vehicles are generally compact, and blocky versions that you can walk around in have to stretch the scale.

I could maybe make a regional airport on a 300x300 Wilderness POI if the airport ran from corner to opposite corner, giving me around 420 blocks. The runway might look jagged since I'd be running at a 45 degree angle compared to the natural run of the blocks.

I could see, perhaps, making a gyrocopter specific airport if we're willing to assert Navezgane is/was home to a large gyrocopter enthusiast club or something. Is that enough of an angle to make a POI? (You tell me!) Then I'd like to have some salvageable gyrocopter blocks to place.

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

This is not always true.

I could use that line for almost anything... :heh:

2 hours ago, beerfly said:

Also, just when a one feels save at a situation described above, a short "quack" sound from near our feet goes out. For pure cold sweat and panic.  

It would also be a def PITA.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DuHast_Play said:

I also wrote about the rains in one of my ideas. and it would be great if it rained not over the entire biome, but over a part or several parts of the biome. Indeed, in reality, rain can pass over part of the city, for example. and for acid or radioactive rain to harm the player, I agree. And I think on 4x4 you need either a mod that adds a roof, or the cabin needs to be reworked. and then the gyroplane will also need a mod that will protect the player from such rain.

Something i'd like to see addressed for the gyrocopter is biome fog elevation limits. Currently fog in the wasteland goes from bedrock to the top of the world. This means you can't see anything when you fly in the wasteland making the vehicle a hard skip for some despite being the end game vehicle. I could accept in any biome fog like that as a weather event to make things interesting, but not 100% all the time as is the case with the wasteland biome. The smoke there should really stop above 50ish meters.

27 minutes ago, Naz said:

Something i'd like to see addressed for the gyrocopter is biome fog elevation limits. Currently fog in the wasteland goes from bedrock to the top of the world. This means you can't see anything when you fly in the wasteland making the vehicle a hard skip for some despite being the end game vehicle. I could accept in any biome fog like that as a weather event to make things interesting, but not 100% all the time as is the case with the wasteland biome. The smoke there should really stop above 50ish meters.

about fog, sandstorm and smoke support. and I got fixated on the rain .. although I myself recently burned out due to fog)

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

This might be a bit difficult to implement with the current weather system. Currently you can't tell if it's raining in the game or if the sun is shining. You can only determine if the character is wet or dry.

True, weather is sort of something that many of us hope to get more attention to. (fingers crossed).

In most of our time, ingame, we are out of our bases, in which we spend so much time also, enjoying the feel of how good time we spend building them, upgrading the plab out of them, scared of imaginable feral ducks, managing the loot, etc..

But outside must be harsh, difficult, not a walk on the sunshine. 

26 minutes ago, beerfly said:

But outside must be harsh, difficult, not a walk on the sunshine.

Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean the weather has to be bad. You can mod in the worst weather and the hardest environment you want, but I for one would like to have sunshine from time to time. Especially since I spend a lot of time building bases.

I meant that more from a modding perspective. It's not currently possible to make a mod where your character takes damage when it rains. You can only make a mod where the character takes damage when he gets wet. JaWoodle made a series called "Inferno" a while ago. He modified the game so that the character gets fire damage when he is outdoors during the day without any cover overhead. It wasn't possible to mod it so that he doesn't take damage when it's raining or cloudy. But he could mod it so that he doesn't take damage when the character is wet.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean the weather has to be bad. You can mod in the worst weather and the hardest environment you want, but I for one would like to have sunshine from time to time. Especially since I spend a lot of time building bases.

I meant that more from a modding perspective. It's not currently possible to make a mod where your character takes damage when it rains. You can only make a mod where the character takes damage when he gets wet. JaWoodle made a series called "Inferno" a while ago. He modified the game so that the character gets fire damage when he is outdoors during the day without any cover overhead. It wasn't possible to mod it so that he doesn't take damage when it's raining or cloudy. But he could mod it so that he doesn't take damage when the character is wet.

Yup, I watch many of the streamers and the guys who make mods btw. I`ve got hell of an appreciation for how good they do and the moments they have in this game, sharing it with us, IS hell of a fun !

It was just an idea about what I said. Hopefully in 7 days to die 2, we will have another level of weather, who knows. 

16 hours ago, Riamus said:

Why would an airport be built just for the gyrocopters?  These should have been there before the downfall, so would be built for normal planes.  If you wanted to say it was built after the fall specifically for gyrocopters, that's fine, but you wouldn't have a tower or terminal and if you had a hangar, it would be small.  I mean, I did build a runway at my base with runway lights and a tower just because I felt like it, but it was hardly realistic to do so.

You aren't going to land many planes on a runway under 400m other than something like a kit plane, which would be a similar idea to the gyrocopter and might have been in someone's yard, but not set up like an airport.

As to why you can't use tiles... There is currently no way to control tile placement other than manually adding them to a map.  If they added a way to control tile placement in RWG, then this would be an easy thing to do.  Right now, you can't even have more than one type of gateway tile, meaning you are going to have the same kind of tile on your airport as on your towns, which will look odd.

No one is saying you can't make an airport and put it on your map manually.  You have shown it can be done.  It just isn't all that good an option in randomly created maps right now.  I think adding control to tile placement would be a great option as it allows for far more than just airports, but we will see if they agree. 

And I think that if TFP makes their own airport POI, it needs to make sense realistically and not just be an unrealistically short runway.

😀

Didnt say ...just for copters......just trying to say that they dont have to be major airports....just small rural bush runways maybe with a few out buildings ....just to add another scenario into the game that "kinda" goes with the theme ........ and maybe end game.

Edited by Ouch Quit It (see edit history)

More zombie options ...gets boring killing same ones over and over...

Mix it up.......

Scientists with biofuel beakers that can explode

Military with explosives

Construction workers with dynamite/nitro

Postal worker with a package

Garbagemen

FIREMEN ZOMBIES

etc

etc

I would also like to see exploding barrels crafting again.....they were fun and a good defense as a last resort (make them have a high oil count to make) Are they making a comeback with the block replacement slider option???

Coughs * Airport POI * Coughs

Edited by Ouch Quit It (see edit history)

5 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Currently you "Can't" tell if it's raining in the game or if the sun is shining? 

This made me very dry.

59 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Currently you "Can't" tell if it's raining in the game or if the sun is shining? 

Not if you look into the variables that can be accessed via XML.

I'm not talking about what you see as a player, but what information the game passes on to a mod. There is no variable that contains the current weather and that could be used to create a buff or debuff.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

I noticed on the crafting skill pictures that there's no heavy or light armor. I'm guessing we still unlock different kinds of armor with their perks that make them better in some way, and the armor crafting tier is just levels 1-5 for all armor we can make?

Also i really want more pictures of the crafting trees. I'm super curious what explosives and electrician looks like. 😅

44 minutes ago, armidil0 said:

I noticed on the crafting skill pictures that there's no heavy or light armor. I'm guessing we still unlock different kinds of armor with their perks that make them better in some way, and the armor crafting tier is just levels 1-5 for all armor we can make?

Also i really want more pictures of the crafting trees. I'm super curious what explosives and electrician looks like. 😅

Nothing for armor at all?

A21.PNG

2 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Nothing for armor at all?

A21.PNG

Sorry, what I meant was its not split into heavy or light. So I'm assuming it's not teaching us how to craft specific armors, but instead teaching us how to increase our tiers in any armor we might know. So if we have it maxed out we can craft tier 5 armor of any kind.

That would make it a little different than what the robotic branch shown is doing, Where it is teaching you how to craft multiple different items while increasing the tiers.

14 hours ago, RipClaw said:

This is not always true. There are things that can be described as a problem that have nothing to do with a personal opinion. For example, bugs.

Generally speaking yes. but we are talking about 7 days to die. When someone can spend 10,000 hours on a game regardless of bugs then it's a pretty good game in my books and I am talking about THIS game and maybe I should have made that clear..........................................................................................

On 2/23/2023 at 3:29 PM, Ouch Quit It said:

So why cant airports be built like city blocks and use 2 or 3 or more tiles having runways. But I think just small rural/suburban airports would fill the gap nicely....cessna size....we dont need a 767 landing strip .....is 150 blocks enough of a take off landing for the copter.....then thats all we need. The ones I made were 200 blocks long.....ok removing 50 blocks takes away a sizeable chunk,,,but........I still think its doable at that size . If you are talking realism....where else would you find aircraft parts in game...except at an airport.....makes sense to me. 

Coughs * AIRPORT POI * Coughs

You are right that smaller municipal airports would fit well into 7 Days To Die, but I made a Regional Airport anyway. It is about the size of a small town (minus the runway/taxiway environment) If you want to play my pre-gen map, then check out my other post.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:35 AM, Laz Man said:

I also would love to see an airport POI one day. 

@Laz Man @Aldranon @Doomofman @Vintorez 

Your wait is over! Check out my pre-gen map with a Regional Airport.

Edited by AH64_Jimbo (see edit history)

3 hours ago, AH64_Jimbo said:

You are right that smaller municipal airports would fit well into 7 Days To Die, but I made a Regional Airport anyway. It is about the size of a small town (minus the runway/taxiway environment) If you want to play my pre-gen map, then check out my other post.

@Laz Man @Aldranon @Doomofman @Vintorez 

Your wait is over! Check out my pre-gen map with a Regional Airport.

Username checks out 

On 2/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, armidil0 said:

Sorry, what I meant was its not split into heavy or light. So I'm assuming it's not teaching us how to craft specific armors, but instead teaching us how to increase our tiers in any armor we might know. So if we have it maxed out we can craft tier 5 armor of any kind.

That would make it a little different than what the robotic branch shown is doing, Where it is teaching you how to craft multiple different items while increasing the tiers.

I would think the Armor branch would be similar to the others - first tier of books would run through Padded/Scrap Armor, next tier would run through Leather/Iron, and so on. You'd only learn how to craft the different armors like you would in any other branch - by finding more of that branch's books.

I am hoping, that at some point, the mannequin figures can be used as armor/weapon stands, and be able to change poses (for at least arms & legs). Would be awesome to be able to tell a visul story, from my character's origin thru where/how they've grown over time.

Then again, maybe that's just me...

On 2/24/2023 at 11:00 AM, Ouch Quit It said:

Didnt say ...just for copters......just trying to say that they dont have to be major airports....just small rural bush runways maybe with a few out buildings ....just to add another scenario into the game that "kinda" goes with the theme ........ and maybe end game.

There are 4, maybe 5 (or more) airport POIs in the CompoPack prefabs mod - just sayin'.  Vanilla game isn't the only place to get what you want.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:19 AM, RipClaw said:

Yas, THIS 👆.

Look at how long it took to fix the Azaleas.  And water is STILL messed up.  And then there was that whole "walls of marble" rendering glitch that took what, 2 - 3 alphas to iron out?

привет разработчикам. Такой вопрос к вам: планируете ли вы добавить комбо-удары и красивые финишные удары, чтобы разнообразить и сделать его более интересным? И планируете ли вы добавить больше оружия и брони в игру в будущем? Если кто-то знает об этом из сообщества, пожалуйста, ответьте мне. В моем тексте могут быть ошибки, так как я из Польши. Пишу текст без помощи переводчика