Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

16 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

Ah I see. slightly affects it. hmm, will have to play and see how slight. Thanks for the heads up

With LBR it's a whole new thing, so you perk into Hunting rifles you will see more hunting rifles magazines in the world until you hit the max level of say 100, then it drops it back down to normal loot rates.

It also stops you from getting a quality 5 item straight off the bat since you can't craft it but you can get a slightly better brown/blue ect.

From the one screen shot I saw, the auto shot gun only unlocks at like level 75 and a Q6 at level 100 I think.

28 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

Ah I see. slightly affects it. hmm, will have to play and see how slight. Thanks for the heads up

So slight that we are sure to get frustrated posts that it doesn't seem to be working properly because they're finding more magazines in something they didn't perk into than in the thing they did perk into. But not so slight that we shouldn't ever get any frustrated posts that someone has gone days or weeks without ever finding any of the magazines they perked into. Fun times ahead no doubt =p

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

So slight that we are sure to get frustrated posts that it doesn't seem to be working properly because they're finding more magazines in something they didn't perk into than in the thing they did perk into. But not so slight that we shouldn't ever get any frustrated posts that someone has gone days or weeks without ever finding any of the magazines they perked into. Fun times ahead no doubt =p

Like spending weeks trying to find a crucible in the current game 😋

30 minutes ago, Roland said:

RNGesus hates me, I am always one of those people who will perk into something... and not get the books. I am expecting it, so won't post when it happens. just make my wife play so she gets them all

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Было много слов. Вернитесь и прочитайте@faatal посты, так как он много работает над оптимизацией, и вы сможете прочитать о конкретных вещах, над которыми он работал. Список функций на первой странице этой ветки — это просто список функций. Это не журнал изменений, в котором перечисляются все произошедшие изменения. 

Происходит оптимизация. Слово.

Thanks for the answer, I'm most looking forward to the optimization of the game, it's very infuriating to play with such FPS drawdowns on a good system.

1 hour ago, Annihilatorza said:

Like spending weeks trying to find a crucible in the current game 😋

And that was the only reason why I am level 4 in Better Barter. The better prices are of no interest to me, only the crucible in the secret stash.

4 hours ago, 9664488 said:

Thanks for the answer, I'm most looking forward to the optimization of the game, it's very infuriating to play with such FPS drawdowns on a good system.

Reduce your object draw distance and turn down shadows it will help a lot.

4 hours ago, 9664488 said:

Edited by Annihilatorza (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, Stubbze said:

vulkan api and Directx 12 still not implemented? 

Depends. It isn't supported but you can select it and it may work. I'm using vulkan on linux since A17. But it may have problems with reflections or some other graphics options (at least I could not turn on reflections in A17 and A18 though I am not sure if it was because of vulkan or my GPU driver).

Maybe turn off everything in graphics options and try out vulkan or DX12. If it works, add graphics options until you experience problems or you are satisfied. Be sure to have the latest graphics drivers installed.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Any chance that there will be missions to upgrade the trading post?

I have been wondering this for some time now. 

Missions to fix up workstations or that would allow the trader to have more to trade. Even hire more guards and turrets to fight off zombies. 

Maybe meeting other trader missions that are now in the game could help them as a whole to have more on hand. Might even see caravans. 

On 11/8/2022 at 4:33 PM, bachgaman said:

They need to add a delay for placing blocks if there is an enemy nearby. Either always. The same must be done for repairing blocks and objects.

This solves the problem of exploit "nerdpoles" and instant restoration of doors and walls during a BM siege

Not a fan of this idea.  As someone who on many occasions thrown down a frame block or two to get away from a pack of zombie dogs, I don’t want to die because a counter has yet to reach zero.

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

Can you not? Once it's powered on, you can fire from the aiming screen, can't you?

You can pick up a junk turret and fire that manually, but I've never tried manually firing an auto turret when aiming it. I doubt it's a thing in vanilla, but if I'm wrong it would have to be the greatest-kept secret in 7DTD.

46 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

You can pick up a junk turret and fire that manually, but I've never tried manually firing an auto turret when aiming it. I doubt it's a thing in vanilla, but if I'm wrong it would have to be the greatest-kept secret in 7DTD.

Once. Long, long ago. I was trying a turret. I had placed it and was in middle of setting up the angle I wanted it to fire. As I was turning it I suddenly saw myself in the camera. Que in stupidity.

I fired. I was dead.

Yes, at one time at least you could fire a turret while aiming it.

4 hours ago, Trankitas said:

I would love a more DayZ like inventory management in-game, so we can't bring 500k stone home in our pocket and a bike.

Is there any chance you can sneak it in for A21?

Do you mean the weight-based inventory system ? That's Undead Legacy.

On 3/16/2022 at 1:02 PM, Roland said:

• Drinking Water Rebalance
    • Murky water is only water found in loot
    • Empty Glass bottles removed from game to match all the rest of the containers in the game
    • Dew collector work station added
    • Players can drink directly from water sources with empty hand by pressing "e"
    • Pot is now required to boil murky water
    • Glue crafting taken into consideration

"Empty glass bottles" being removed is absolutely unrealistic and a bad change to the game.

"Players can drink directly from water sources with empty hand by pressing "e"" <-- If we can do this then we're going to be even more tied to a water source than before. OR! Now, let me dig deep in my thinky organ here, we could take this thing called a "bottle" or a "jar" and umm, ok now let me think, dip it in to the now apparently fresh drinkable water, and take it with us to drink while we're out and about in the world. Revolutionary idea I know. 

11 hours ago, Roland said:

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

1 hour ago, Lunaura said:

"Empty glass bottles" being removed is absolutely unrealistic and a bad change to the game.

Yes it is unrealistic but it fits the rest of the game. We also don't have empty acid bottles or jerry cans. Besides, the developers' reasoning is that you can refill and boil an empty jar indefinitely. The alternative would have been to add additional empty containers to the game and implement a more complex water treatment system. However, the developers have decided to take this route. 

1 hour ago, Lunaura said:

"Players can drink directly from water sources with empty hand by pressing "e"" <-- If we can do this then we're going to be even more tied to a water source than before. OR! Now, let me dig deep in my thinky organ here, we could take this thing called a "bottle" or a "jar" and umm, ok now let me think, dip it in to the now apparently fresh drinkable water, and take it with us to drink while we're out and about in the world. Revolutionary idea I know. 

We will still be able to carry glasses of clean water. They simply disappear after we drink from them. Just imagine your character throwing away the jars. Or he eats them. I am not sure about that.

The dependence on local water sources will probably only last a few days until we can build a dew collector. The dew collector will give you 3 glasses of fresh water. Don't ask where the jars come from. You don't want to know.

To build a dew collector you need a filter. You can find it, buy it or get it as a reward. Since it is a very rare find, we will probably buy the first filter from the trader. It should cost 1500 coins.

13 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

The dependence on local water sources will probably only last a few days until we can build a dew collector. The dew collector will give you 3 glasses of fresh water. Don't ask where the jars come from. You don't want to know.

Isn't obvious all the glass jars de-spawn into the ether, and then respawn at the dew collectors for fresh water, as well as random cabinets for the murky water finds.