Jump to content

Developer Stream: Twitch Integration for A19.5


Recommended Posts

Don't forget Survivors!

 

Tonight Richard and Joel will be trying out the Official Twitch Integration for 7 Days to Die at 9PM Central! Be sure to stop by and try to "help" them! This is a new feature that will be pushed to A19.5 and should be lots of fun for both streamers and their audiences. Joel and Rick are sure to talk about their A20 progress as well!!

 

twitch.tv/fubar_prime

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland pinned this topic

hopefully there's something distracting happening again.

It was hilarious once when prime had to leave for some minutes to go to the "cellar" to look for his kids or something.

It made them staff guys seem so...humanly?

...which the're obviously not, they're at least demigods 😄👍

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland unpinned this topic

Someone mentioned having a spawn for chickens that attack the player and that brought up the terrifying memory of the zombie chicken hordes on your server that time guppy. Subconsciously I cry whenever I eat chicken now and break out in a cold sweat.

  • Knuckle Rub 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 1:24 PM, Gamida said:

Someone mentioned having a spawn for chickens that attack the player and that brought up the terrifying memory of the zombie chicken hordes on your server that time guppy. Subconsciously I cry whenever I eat chicken now and break out in a cold sweat.

--would love to see evil zombie rabbits. Like the rabbit of doom, make it have a carrot weapon and chase you around. With red eyes.  *shifty eyes* Maybe I should make a mod for that.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day .. TFP

 

Any thoughts on when A19.5 will go live or is this just an update on how things are going.

Thank you and Take Care

Soon TM... +/-..... 😂

On 5/8/2021 at 4:23 PM, bladewalker27 said:

I don't typically use Twitch but I have a question about this. Do you have to be partnered or are there any other requirements to be able to use this feature?

I don't believe you need a partnership.  Just a twitch account.  Information to questions of these type will be included with its release to give you the specifics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 4:23 PM, bladewalker27 said:

I don't typically use Twitch but I have a question about this. Do you have to be partnered or are there any other requirements to be able to use this feature?

 

No, anyone can use it while they are streaming on Twitch. There will be a pdf guide posted soon.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Sorry for the noob question.

 

what is the benefit to twitch integration?

I understand that streaming is a semi big thing but to the non streamer what benefit does this carry?

you get to play tricks and or try to kill the streamer by building up chat points and spawning enemies on him/her and or many other tricks... all available while you are watching the stream and chatting away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, if you don't play as a streamer or participate in a stream as an audience member then it is a non-feature for you. I think that about 10 years ago streaming was a semi-big thing. But it has definitely grown into a legit big thing at this point and is approaching semi-huuuge thing status.

 

The feature injects a ton of fun into streaming the game for both player and watcher so it makes sense that the Pimps of Fun would make it happen.

 

I believe this feature is supposed to replace the kickstarter goal of VR integration....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Ah, I sort of get it now.

 

I still don’t get why someone would sit for more than minutes watching some random play a game. The tokens thing sort of makes sense.

lets put it this way... if Roland was to stream with twitch integration... that means you can join the stream chat and watch what he is doing and when you have enough points built up.... you can send some nasty as hell zombies his way, or make him see blurred vision for couple minutes or make him weak or make him jump high...

 

now wouldnt you want to inflict some fun on him? i knew you would :)

 

(noticed i used him as an example) :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Ah, I sort of get it now.

 

I still don’t get why someone would sit for more than minutes watching some random play a game. The tokens thing sort of makes sense.


The same way people sit and watch the TV for hours with other folks playing sports ball ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have occasionally flirted with the idea of throwing my hat in the ring in the world of streaming but then I remember that @unholyjoe is always out there poised to come at me and I let the thought go with a shudder and a strong feeling of having dodged a bullet.

 

Also, "um" would be my go to word all the time and @Guppycur is always ready to count how many times that gets uttered....

 

:p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Roland said:

I have occasionally flirted with the idea of throwing my hat in the ring in the world of streaming but then I remember that @unholyjoe is always out there poised to come at me and I let the thought go with a shudder and a strong feeling of having dodged a bullet.

 

Also, "um" would be my go to word all the time and @Guppycur is always ready to count how many times that gets uttered....

 

:p


I would absolutely abuse you with the twitch integration. ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Roland said:

I have occasionally flirted with the idea of throwing my hat in the ring in the world of streaming but then I remember that @unholyjoe is always out there poised to come at me and I let the thought go with a shudder and a strong feeling of having dodged a bullet.

 

Also, "um" would be my go to word all the time and @Guppycur is always ready to count how many times that gets uttered....

 

:p

I'd probably pay to watch you attempt a twitch integration playthrough lol....

 

Edit:

You probably could make a ton of money if you advertised you would be doing it to all of the people you have banned/warned over the years lol....

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...